LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 Diaper Wear

Some of you that have been wearing diapers 24/7 for a while may be able to help me out a little. I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for the last week and want to continue. I started with cloth back diapers (Attends) and didnt have much trouble. However, I got some Tranquility ATN (which are plastic back diapers) the other day and have been wearing them for about 2 days. I am already starting to chafe between my legs where the diaper is. I have 2 cases of ATNs so I really need to try (and want) to use them plus their absorbency is a little better than the Attends.

Any suggestions on what to do about the chafing? Would diaper cream help?

Thanks for the help

Wear underpants over them, and use powder to limit chaffing. If you are committed to long term wear, I HIGHLY recommend gentle material diaper covers such as a waterproofed nylon, or cloth covered plastic.

Well I am definitely committed to wearing 24/7. I will get some powder, I dont have underwear anymore since I threw them all away.

Thanks!!!!

Well I guess your committed then. :P:huh: Anyway what DD said is true for sure. It is kinda weird though as some people chaff from the cloth ones not the plastic backed. So it seems you need something down there for sure. A quick..not so known cure I have used is...ready?.. powder antiperspirant.. keeps things dry and somewhat lubricated as well..seeing as how both of us have been wearing for about 1000+ weeks 24/7 we might know some tricks. Take care. ;)

Rash Cream - Diaper - Plastic Pants - Swimming Togs OR Boxer Shorts = no rash, chafs + no leaks :)

Plastic / cloth rubbing on the thighs = chaffing. Baby powder = no chaffing until you sweat/leak.

Tips & Tricks

1- Remember to take ALL the diapers out of the package and allow them to expand back to normal size for at least a week before wearing to allow them to normal absorbency.

2- Don't use baby powder. All it does is smell nice, absorb liquid + cause rash.

3- Rinse plastic pants in cold water - and allow to drip dry. Warm water etc will wash away the plastizer that keeps the plastic supple.

4- Take 15mg Zinc tablets daily to keep 'the boys' active and healthy in the heat of a diaper 27/7

4- Take 15mg Zinc tablets daily to keep 'the boys' active and healthy in the heat of a diaper 27/7

Btw what does zinc do to "your boys" to keep them active? I'm just wondering on a totally different subject. I sweat a lot down there and take hot showers and baths and cannot seem to get my wife pregnant. Not trying to hijack the thread..lol.

"4- Take 15mg Zinc tablets daily to keep 'the boys' active and healthy in the heat of a diaper 27/7"

Thats funny, the Doctor has spoken...take two zinc tablets and call me in the morning... :roflmao: Yeh though powder helps somewhat, but then it turns into this gummy pastie stuff..eeewww. But if done with regular changes, not the see how long you can use your diaper thing... it does work pretty well, better than nothing I guess. I have found that Women's Powder scent by Secret is some pretty good stuff.

Seriously, as toddmdl already correctly stated, zinc is necessary for sperm production. A deficiency will result in lower testosterone levels, weak or non-existent sperm, and in extreme cases, infertility. Folic acid is also required, but within the heat of a diaper, its levels are not usually affected.

...and cannot seem to get my wife pregnant.

.. and do you wish me to help? Give me your address and I will make a house call :roflmao:

Not quite sure how to prevent chafing, but I will tell you that once you have some sore spots from chafing, the best thing you can use is a product called Sween Cream. Use hot water and a wash cloth over the sore area, don't rub but just hold the hot wash cloth in place for a few seconds. Pat the area dry with a towel and then put the Sween Cream on. It will start to feel better in a few minutes and within a few hours or overnight the chafing and soreness will be gone. I've not found anything better to use than Sween Cream.

I can speak from my experience, and that is that you need to find a diaper that works well. Remember what you wear during the day most likely wont be the same type you wear while sleeping. I wear the Attends with waistband during the day with a booster pad, and an "extended wear" diaper at night.

I will wear a pair of boxer briefs over my diaper if chafing starts.