LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question For Us Closet Wearers

A strange and perhaps unanswerable question for those of us who are trying to keep our wearing a secret...

Have any of you thought you were doing a great job of keeping your diapers a secret only to find out some people close to you knew and were just keeping quiet?

This question comes to mind as I think of my own situation. I was more than ten years into my marriage before I began experiencing the pleasure of wearing diapers. While I'd had another fetish prior to that, the 'shame' side of it kept me from even thinking about bringing it up - either to my first or present wife. I'm extremely confident that it would have led to total rejection and the end of the relationship.

On the other hand, I wonder how it's possible that I've managed to keep my cloth diapers, plastic pants, pacifier (well, I think I've been found out on that account), etc hidden well enough so as to keep my little (growing bigger) secret. I've also been wearing to work just about every day for a year now... I wonder if I've got such a big secret afterall!?

Now, some of you won't be able to resist comments like...face up to your need, tell your friends and loved ones because if they can't accept it, they can't accept you...its just not a big deal. Go ahead and say it if you must, but I just don't buy it. Of course it isn't in a league with embezzlement, rape, pedophilia (God help us, NOT pedophilia!!), but if any of us were to come out as a criminal we'd lose a lot of friends. While at a younger age, thankfully cross-dressers, and those with divergent sexual and/or gender identities are better accepted, someone of my age (slightly older than the hills) could not drop such a bombshell on his/her circle of friends without some major ripples.

At the same time, don't bother saying, "Of course, your wife knows!..." Don't bother speculating, as it really could go either way.

What I'm really asking for is first hand experience (though go ahead and chime in with comments of any sort...what the heck...). Had you been keeping a secret only to find out that your spouse, boy/girl friend, significant other really knew and just wasn't saying anything? If so, how did it finally come out?

I'm in a position where if the corner of a diaper was sticking out of my waist-band most people would be reluctant to say "Oh, do you wear diapers?"...as if someone would say that to anyone! Keep in mind too, that the groups within which we live are quite divergent...some accepting of almost anything and others very conservative minded and 'norm-based'.

Thanks for your thoughts,

diaperpt

i think my situation may be what you're looking for.

when i was a young'un (around 8) i started wetting a pair of bike shorts with a towel stuffed down them in the tub before my shower (yup, I knew early i was into makeshift diapers, lol!). i was very careful (or so i thought) to rinse and wring out the bike shorts and hand towel after I was done, and would hang both up under the sink to dry. I 'successfully' did this for a few years, during which time i did occasionally use other articles of clothing (in jeans, shorts etc) intermittently, but usually at times when i was at the pool or walking home in the rain so the effects were nullified by whatever I was doing. when we moved houses I had to change my 'style' and the addition of my own closet to my space made me much more discreet.

well, at an extended family reunion a few years ago (so in my 20's) my aunts and uncles were sharing stories about my cousins and in a bout of uproariously hilarious stories my mom brings up this tidbit about me 'having some strange fascination with peeing my shorts' when i was a kid... needless to say i was horrified and shocked! I had NO idea that she had been aware of what i was doing. of course looking back I didn't make it hard to notice (heck, the cleaning supplies were under the sink!) but she'd never said anything at the time and I was taken aback by the realization that she probably knew MORE of the things that I had done as a kid. I didn't show much shock when she said this, though, and we all laughed it off (and apparently one of my cousins used to refuse to poop anywhere but his shorts, so I wasn't alone in my deviant potty behavior). so she definitely was not aware of how deeply rooted my fetish was/is nor that i continued to practice throughout my time in their home.

its shocking how much people can know without ever telling you. it is scary to realize stuff like that. but i have never had another 'discovery', mostly because i'm super careful about what i do and where/when i do it now. being in shared housing does that to you.

You wear closets??? How do you do that?? :huh:

OR is that a new brand???

Hmmmm....closet diapers....for keeping your water closet under control.... :P

:whistling:

No, it is NOT a new brand of diapers...I wear closets, of course. It is a little awkward walking as the closet door keeps banging against my knees and unless I wear one diaper where it belongs and then one more on each knee, it really hurts!!! :rolleyes:

and hazardouskink, this is what I'm talking about, but I'm mostly interested in adult occurrences of that sort of thing...no, not wetting bicycle shorts, but that's sort of the idea.

OK, square_duck, whatcha goin' make outa that?? haha...

I was busted by my mom a long while ago. She found my secret stash. She left a note on my bed saying "The diaper thing must stop!" and she threw out my Depends. Needless to say I got more and of course my new hiding spot was found and that night when I got in my bed I noticed the bed was crinkly. My mom had put a plastic protection cover on my mattress. Next morning she asked "How did you sleep last night" and I didn't know what to say. I was really embarassed. Now I'm pretty sure she knows about my fetish and that it is harmless and she often jokes with me about diapers. I do believe she is starting to lose her continence (last time i was there she had Poise pads in her bathroom) so I'm not sure if she is trying to get advice on products or just trying to see if I still use them.

I was busted by my mom a long while ago. She found my secret stash. She left a note on my bed saying "The diaper thing must stop!" and she threw out my Depends. Needless to say I got more and of course my new hiding spot was found and that night when I got in my bed I noticed the bed was crinkly. My mom had put a plastic protection cover on my mattress. Next morning she asked "How did you sleep last night" and I didn't know what to say. I was really embarassed. Now I'm pretty sure she knows about my fetish and that it is harmless and she often jokes with me about diapers. I do believe she is starting to lose her continence (last time i was there she had Poise pads in her bathroom) so I'm not sure if she is trying to get advice on products or just trying to see if I still use them.

Keep us posted. It sounds like your mom, after the initial shock of the thing thought to herself, "who is it hurting?". Then she did the uniquily mom thing and gave you what you needed to be happy. I'm not saying that a dad wouldn't do this but moms, in my experience, are much more likely to indulge their offspring.

Anondl

A strange and perhaps unanswerable question for those of us who are trying to keep our wearing a secret...

Have any of you thought you were doing a great job of keeping your diapers a secret only to find out some people close to you knew and were just keeping quiet?

This question comes to mind as I think of my own situation. I was more than ten years into my marriage before I began experiencing the pleasure of wearing diapers. While I'd had another fetish prior to that, the 'shame' side of it kept me from even thinking about bringing it up - either to my first or present wife. I'm extremely confident that it would have led to total rejection and the end of the relationship.

On the other hand, I wonder how it's possible that I've managed to keep my cloth diapers, plastic pants, pacifier (well, I think I've been found out on that account), etc hidden well enough so as to keep my little (growing bigger) secret. I've also been wearing to work just about every day for a year now... I wonder if I've got such a big secret afterall!?

Now, some of you won't be able to resist comments like...face up to your need, tell your friends and loved ones because if they can't accept it, they can't accept you...its just not a big deal. Go ahead and say it if you must, but I just don't buy it. Of course it isn't in a league with embezzlement, rape, pedophilia (God help us, NOT pedophilia!!), but if any of us were to come out as a criminal we'd lose a lot of friends. While at a younger age, thankfully cross-dressers, and those with divergent sexual and/or gender identities are better accepted, someone of my age (slightly older than the hills) could not drop such a bombshell on his/her circle of friends without some major ripples.

At the same time, don't bother saying, "Of course, your wife knows!..." Don't bother speculating, as it really could go either way.

What I'm really asking for is first hand experience (though go ahead and chime in with comments of any sort...what the heck...). Had you been keeping a secret only to find out that your spouse, boy/girl friend, significant other really knew and just wasn't saying anything? If so, how did it finally come out?

I'm in a position where if the corner of a diaper was sticking out of my waist-band most people would be reluctant to say "Oh, do you wear diapers?"...as if someone would say that to anyone! Keep in mind too, that the groups within which we live are quite divergent...some accepting of almost anything and others very conservative minded and 'norm-based'.

Thanks for your thoughts,

diaperpt

the more you wear around others, the more chances they have of finding out.

no one snoops in my stuff so i know they are still hidden.

i never wear unless i am alone so no one has been around when they were out so they shouldn't know.

i was freaked out awhile back though. last year, my pc crashed when i had a few pics saved on it (was keeping most of my stuff on a thumb drive but hadn't gotten to them). it was in a folder in a folder in a folder so they weren't out in the open. my dad was able to save all the data on the computer and copied it onto a new one (the hardware was dead). don't know if he still has a copy of my files. i don't think he went through anything. needless to say, i got them off that pc asap. i know he doesn't know since i know he would say something if he knew.

the more you wear around others , the more chances they have of finding out.

no one snoops in my stuff so i know they are still hidden.

i never wear unless i am alone so no one has been around when they were out so they shouldn't know.

i was freaked out awhile back though. last year, my pc crashed when i had a few pics saved on it (was keeping most of my stuff on a thumb drive but hadn't gotten to them). it was in a folder in a folder in a folder so they weren't out in the open. my dad was able to save all the data on the computer and copied it onto a new one (the hardware was dead). don't know if he still has a copy of my files. i don't think he went through anything. needless to say, i got them off that pc asap. i know he doesn't know since i know he would say something if he knew.

The PC is the perfect example, no matter how hard you try, sooner or later you will leave a photo or link that someone finds. Also sooner or later you will leave a diaper or other item out to be seen.

For the PC I recommend "Portable Firefox", its free, runs from a thumb drive and leaves nothing on the computer. Just don't leave the thumb drive lying around!

As far as good hiding places, to me that means Locked .

There’s still no stopping an SO, friend or family member from stopping by at the wrong time, you have to already have a plan. I have had wifey come home early, leaving me the only option of pulling on pants over my diaper and hoping see didn't see or smell anything until I could safely sneak to the garage and clean up. This is a good reason to have a habit of not leaving stuff out in sight. A time like that is not a good time to also have to run around stashing diapers and pants.

Maybe this could be the start of a tricks and tips topic, good hiding places and ways to deal with emergencies.

This is a good reason to have a habit of not leaving stuff out in sight.

too right! living in a shared-room dorm taught me REAL QUICK to never take 'alone time' for granted. it is a very rare occasion when i leave out anything even slightly out of the ordinary while alone in the room... the possibility of a room mate popping in unannounced is all too real to take the chance. So far i've been interrupted twice, once as i was pulling my pants up over some diapers and once when i had just unwrapped a new buttplug I got in the mail. both times i acted quickly and by some ungodly amount of luck I was not seen.

i keep toys, vibrators, dildos etc (the frequent use items) in a combo lock box at the foot of my bed, my diaper/enema stuff in a locked tub above my bed, and my condoms and lube in my bathroom. since they're pretty tame and normal i figure 'what the hell', y'know? :lol:

After A while i decided to tell my younger brother about it, and thought because he was going through a bad time with his current girlfriend, that and i was drunk, that it was the perfect time to confide in him. Me and my two brotehrs are really close, but as soon as I told him, i never expected him to come out with "yeah I know". I was sooooo shocked. lol

He had found out because of the odd link or one left out to be seen. It is a shocker completely lol.

After A while i decided to tell my younger brother about it, and thought because he was going through a bad time with his current girlfriend, that and i was drunk, that it was the perfect time to confide in him. Me and my two brotehrs are really close, but as soon as I told him, i never expected him to come out with "yeah I know". I was sooooo shocked. lol

He had found out because of the odd link or one left out to be seen. It is a shocker completely lol.

I think the same sort of situation would happen if I were to inform my brother. I think I left my diaper drawer open once and he came in to grab something and I'm sure he saw what was in it, but he has yet to say anything. I haven't gotten really drunk around him for a long time, so I have yet to do the confiding in him thing, but I know he would give a similar response/not care at all. and then my parents found my stash and questioned me once, I told them about the "stress" of my life, they took that in stride. But maybe I'll confide soon, getting a lil' more brave with my diaper wearing. we shall see.

But maybe I'll confide soon...

I wouldn't recommend it. My advice: don't reveal this unusual interest unless asked about it pointedly. Your diaper wearing is on a need-to-know basis, and your brother, parents, etc. don't need to know. I'm all for revealing it to a girlfriend/boyfriend/future (or heaven forbid, present) spouse because they're the people you'll share the most intimate parts of your life with, and they do need to know. But friends and family? Nope.

Remember, there's no rewind button on your mouth. Once you say it, it's said and you can't take it back.

Remember, there's no rewind button on your mouth. Once you say it, it's said and you can't take it back.

Wise words; I completely agree. Don't spill the beans on something that could end a friendship unless you have to. Everybody has their secrets and for most people, that's exactly what they should be: secret.

While I don't recommend the approach of letting people know, this is the type of situation I was asking about to begin with - when after the fact, you find out..."yeah, I know"...

I try hard to keep my stuff hidden and though I've gotten a little less paranoid about exactly where I have my stuff hidden I don't think I am subconsciously trying to be found out. Blinkdude is a case, though, where he found out it wasn't a secret to his brother and neither was it a big deal!

Coming from a time when anybody in my circle finding out that I liked to wear diapers would've meant instant "um, that's really sick-- later, you sick fuck" for decades, I learned to be VERY discreet and under-the radar about it. (Which is kinda how it should be for everybody nowadays, as a TMI rule of thumb-- even in this more-enlightened time... But I digress.)

I've purposefully come out to exactly one person-- my girlfriend at the time. I tell that story here.

But as far as somebody finding out, without my intention? Heh... that would be a mutual friend of ours, who I was rooming with a few years ago. Let's call her T.

I had my own room, and it was kind of a mess when I left to go up to New Hampshire for the weekend. I had a plastic bag with a couple used Bams under my bed, that I planned to take out upon my return-- trash day was Monday. Yeah yeah, I should have taken them out to the trash BEFORE I left-- ok, mea culpa.... I didn't. Whatever-- they weren't poopy (I don't do that), I had them wrapped up tight, and T never snooped in my room ever.

Well.. until this particular weekend! Sunday morning, she calls me up-- "I decided to do you a favor and started to tidy up your room... and I found some things under your bed you probably didn't want me to find."

What could I do? I was massively hungover, and couldn't come up with a downplay (or much less, an unplanned auto-out to her). So I just said "Yeah, I forgot to take them out to the trash before I left... sorry, I'll take care of it when I get back". And that was pretty much it-- she's never said anything else about it, since then.

Except... T is good friends with my ex-gf Alice, the only person I've purposefully told (and Alice & I are still very good friends... FWBs, heh)... but some girl-talk may have gone on between T And Alice without my knowledge, of course... so hmmm, T has probably gotten a clue... But hey, like I said-- she's never brought it up since then.

Surprise! The world doesn't always end when other people find out. But it was still a OMG moment for me, for real!

And... I'm much more expeditious in taking my used diapers out, now :lol:

PS: T was in the band when we played the Holloween gig in costume, and I came as a baby-- diapers/plastic pants, paci, bib, all in public... So when she found my used stash years later, that memory might have come together in an "oh wow... ok" moment for her ;)

wv

Yeah, I have to keep my fetish a secret, as by nature a fetish is a private thing. I live at home right now and I don't want the headache of explaining this to my parents, almost out of here though. As for my friends, none of us want to picture eachother doing something sexual. If this got out there would be no understanding it would be "you're a freak" and such.

You wear closets??? How do you do that?? :huh:

OR is that a new brand???

Hmmmm....closet diapers....for keeping your water closet under control.... :P

:whistling:

as long as you have been here man i thought that you would know he meant he was like what my black gay friends call "down low" as he wants very FEW people if ANY that he wears diapers just as in my situation the fewer the better ive only told two people in my whole life one i doubt ill ever meet and the other my ex but she dont have anything to do with me any more or my family so .. and with her ive got this thing to fall back on her if she ever tells since she is bi and no one knows that but me and her ex before me we can use that on her but thats another story ....

I think my Mother knew when I was in my late teens/early 20's but I didn't find out she knew until years after that and she wasn't the one who told me. Here's how it played out.

When I lived at home with Mom & Dad, I had a water bed and it afforded me some unique hiding space underneath and behind it. I used to keep my diapers behind the headboard and my private journal (Diary) just next to them since I often liked to write in it after diapering up and locking myself in my room.

Years went by and Mom and Dad divorced and I eventually moved out and got married. After Dad moved to Florida, Hubby and I went to visit him some years later and he was reminising about Mom and the good old days and some not so good old days. He then mentioned something to me that I had only ever written in my diary and never told another living soul about. Basically it had to do with to whom I lost my virginity and the details.

When I asked Dad "How did you know about that?" He replied that Mom had been reading my diary for YEARS and he even knew where I had hidden it. He mentioned that she found "Other" things too and gave me a little wink then changed the subject. I was mortified at the time and didn't try to revisit the topic. Now that I am curious to know just how much He knew, Dad has sadly passed away and I can not ask him. I know if I were to ask Mom, she wouold deny everything and I would just get angry at her for lying to me. I just wonder who else she has told. Mom has never been good with secrets and personal privacy was hardly observed in my house growing up. I can be sure she told my grandmother but who else knows keeps me wondering.

I did tell my husband about my diaper desires and he has been supportive at times and resistant at others but he has managed to keep my secret and love me all the same. I guess I shouldn't and couldn't ask for more.

I think my parents know because of a few instances, all from my teenage years, but I really can't be sure.

1. When I was 14 (or thereabouts), my Mum found a Pampers in my chest while searching for something else. I persuaded her it was one of my friends playing a joke, but I'm now not sure she bought it.

2. I once left a Goodnite under a pile of pillows in my room while I was in the bath and came back to find it wasn't there. Now I know my Step-Dad had been in my room collecting any glasses I had in there and moaning about it, so I suspect he found it. Later, I found the Goodnite in my room under something else. Now either I hid it somewhere different to what I thought, or my Step-Dad put it back. I'm not sure.

3. When I was on holiday with the folks in Sri Lanka, I bought some nappies while I was there as they were cheap. My parents had gone on a day trip to somewhere I wasn't interested in, so I figured I'd hang round the hotel all day in a nappy. I went to get a massage, with shorts over the top of my nappy, but I was horrified to find that the masseuse expected me to strip naked and get under a towell. I thought 'well, disabled people might want massages as well' and I just stripped down to my nappy and got the massage. Now later my parents asked me what I was wearing when I got the massage. I said nothing of course. Again, I can't be sure what happened. Either they were told, or maybe saw me, or they were joking about me being naked. I'm not sure.

4. The general internet history on the family PC. I was always careful to delete the history after every time I went on nappy-based sites, but I remember a row I had with my Step-Dad over how long I'd been on the internet (I was limited to two hours per session at the time). He then showed me the page where he could check exactly how long I'd been on. To my horror, it listed sites with minutes surfed on next to it. I then quickly admitted I'd been on longer, even though I hadn't, to avoid the possibility that the history of those websites hadn't been deleted from that page. Not sure if he checked, not sure if they were there.

• 2 weeks later...

This probably doesn't fit into this category but still an interesting story;

I was living with a roommate years ago and was regularly ordering diapers from a diaper supply company. The box would usually be sitting by the door when I got home from work and hopefully I would be the first one home to take the box to my room. Well, I remember one time I wasn't the first one home and so I checked to see what the return address was on the box to discern whether or not my roommate would recognize that the box contained diapers. I decided that the company name was pretty vague and that he probably didn't suspect anything...

Well, a day or two later I see a box addressed to my roommate from the SAME COMPANY!!! I really didn't know what to think but I automatically went on the defensive, thinking that surely he now knew my secret. What didn't cross my mind, for a day or so, was that my roommate was also either incontinent or a recreational diaper wearer.

I never did ask my roommate about the diapers and he never confronted me but I still have to wonder - what are the odds?

It has never been brought up. They might not know, know as I am sure they oblivious to the ABDL lifestyle but if I came out as a diaper wearer I don't think the would be overly surprised either. I am sure my mom would cry and blame herself and my dad would be mad that I made my mom cry. He would pretty much give me the what you do in you own house speech....

My aunt who is very different than my mom has an interesting fascination with adult babies. I don't think she is one and I don't think she wants one but she has seen ab's on tv and thinks they are cute. Several times I have heard her talking about the big baby men and needing to be changed. I have had a few dreams I came out to her and she played with me. In reality I don't want to play diaper games with a blood relative a little too creepy for me. I think If I told her she would be very accepting and ask questions.

I always had to hide my diaper fetish from people. My mom, she really didn't care, she just didn't want to be part of it. She even laughed a few times I told her, and she found stuff after cleaning my room. I didn't have a dad in my relationship, so I don't know what he would have done. My grandma, always thought I had a bladder problem, and was always concerned, my granddad didn't like it, he really though it was stupid. Some of my friends new and laughed at time, but never really brought it up. I think most people don't care what you do with your personal life, there is always going to be one or two people in the bunch that ruin it for you and try to make it seem like your a horrible person and get him out of my life.

If you have to have to hide who you are, so much you are lying all the time, If you are covering up things in your life, you will not feel good at all, you'll go mad, you can't just keep hiding stuff from your parents. Eventually they will find out and either flip out or not care. It's just crazy what people will do to avoid the subject of their fiaper fetish, it's better to be open and honest, unless your family wasn't like that.

Closet diaper wearers please come out of the closet, then you will feel more secure with yourself and won't have to stress all the time.

I doubt anyone else around here knows I'm a DL as I'm incredible secretive about it and just don't take risks. However, if someone did find out I wouldn't be surprised if they kept quiet about it; particularly a parent. It's kind of like the other night when me and my wife were having sex thinking everyone was asleep then my mom came downstairs to get the dog. I'm positive she heard us and was expecting some awkwardness the next day but she was completely silent about it. It kind of ruined the moment hearing here walk right by because we were both pretty embarrassed as silly as that might sound. A lot of people don't want to make a big thing out of uncomfortable subjects; it's as embarrassing for them to bring it up as it is for you to react.

I always had to hide my diaper fetish from people. My mom, she really didn't care, she just didn't want to be part of it. She even laughed a few times I told her, and she found stuff after cleaning my room. I didn't have a dad in my relationship, so I don't know what he would have done. My grandma, always thought I had a bladder problem, and was always concerned, my granddad didn't like it, he really though it was stupid. Some of my friends new and laughed at time, but never really brought it up. I think most people don't care what you do with your personal life, there is always going to be one or two people in the bunch that ruin it for you and try to make it seem like your a horrible person and get him out of my life.

If you have to have to hide who you are, so much you are lying all the time, If you are covering up things in your life, you will not feel good at all, you'll go mad, you can't just keep hiding stuff from your parents. Eventually they will find out and either flip out or not care. It's just crazy what people will do to avoid the subject of their fiaper fetish, it's better to be open and honest, unless your family wasn't like that.

Closet diaper wearers please come out of the closet, then you will feel more secure with yourself and won't have to stress all the time.

It seems to me that you don't sound incredibly successful or entirely happy with your openness. Perhaps you've been more successful than you sound and that's fine.

I won't judge you for telling others. Please don't judge others for feeling the need to continue wearing diapers in secret. I don't believe there is a one-size fits all diaper and not a one-size fits all way to wear diapers. Some of us have what we feel are very valid reasons for keeping our wearing a secret.

Even so, thanks for your post.

diaperpt

It seems to me that you don't sound incredibly successful or entirely happy with your openness. Perhaps you've been more successful than you sound and that's fine.

I won't judge you for telling others. Please don't judge others for feeling the need to continue wearing diapers in secret. I don't believe there is a one-size fits all diaper and not a one-size fits all way to wear diapers. Some of us have what we feel are very valid reasons for keeping our wearing a secret.

Even so, thanks for your post.

diaperpt

I think it just depends on the situation, and whose telling who.

In my case, telling my ol' lady was hard enough. Anyone else important to me and my life would have disowned me, tried to seek help for me, and/or make me feel even lesser of a man. Sometimes not "coming out" is better for loved ones.

However, I do kinda wonder if my parents ever found out. The last year I lived under the same roof with them, I had bought a few packs of Depends, and had them stashed in my dresser under my work cloths. Thought that would be the best place for them considering theres nothing to look through in there. Well, since I moved out, I occasionally find myself in awkward situautions where my mom would say something diaper related. Most times we'd be talking about some random things, and if something is said that may relate to diapers, she would joke about, "It would be convenient to wear diapers."

I kinda act like I ignored it and move on thinking ,"WTF?!"

If she does know, I would hope she doesn't think I use them to relieve myself... It would be bad enough for her to know I only wear them for comfort, relaxation, and security.

I think it's just part of a very guilty mind. I always find myself feeling awkward when I hear someone talking about diapers in any way.

I even feel alittle awkward talking to my GF about it, because it's kind of a "out of sight, out of mind" thing for her. So even though I'm allowed to wear them, I still feel alone with this subject.