LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Delightful Discovery

Guest Pizaz

Guest Pizaz

... an extra bag of Abri Xplus! I thought I was all out, and was mad at myself for not having ordered more. But those bags are so big, I forgot I had stashed one in the back of my closet because I couldn't fit it in the usual spot under my bedstand.

Anyone else have these serendipitous discoveries?

I just got a 35000 payment I have been waiting for, now I have to wait another 5 years for the next one 50K then 70 then 100, I will probably be dead before the last one.

It is one of those structured settelments no tax.

Once when I was especially broke, a friend wanted to go golfing. I hadn't been on a course for a couple of years, but I went anyway. when I reached into my golf bag to get a ball, I felt something paper. I pulled it out, and it was a $100.00 bill that I put in there the last time I had played. I put it in the ball pocked because I didn't want to lose it on the golf course and forgot about it until I pulled it out. It sure came in handy at that particular time.

I just got a 35000 payment I have been waiting for, now I have to wait another 5 years for the next one 50K then 70 then 100, I will probably be dead before the last one.

It is one of those structured settelments no tax.

J.G. Wentworth.. :P ...anyway it's been quite a while..but I got out my summer jacket and found $100 I had stashed in a pocket..oh yeah!!! :D

The last time I went to the dollar store to get dogfood, i thought I only had enough for one bag and discoverd that i had an extra $10 bill, so I was able to get 2 bags like I usually do.

You buy dog food at the dollar store? It CAN'T be good for the dog.

Don't 'jump the gun' here- just because it's cheap doesn't mean it has to be bad ;) I have friends who raise show dogs and they use a store-brand food that happens to be exactly the same stuff that many professional breeders use. The "pro" stuff carries a well know brand and a tripled price :angry: There's only a certain number of places that make things and often the 'cheap' stuff is identical to the 'good' stuff or very nearly so. Perhaps you remember several years ago automotive antifreeze skyrocketed in price when one of the two plants in the US which make the stuff burned down. Turned out that each made only two products- one green and one red. All the greens were the same and all the reds were the same- only the labelled gallon jugs differed(and the prices which they sold at!) Go check the prices and names yourself- store brand antifreeze of the same type is a lot cheaper that the name brand sruff- the only difference is that when you buy the name brand you pay for some fat cat CEO's massive salary. Read the ingredient labels on food and you may be shocked to find that the best known soup in the US has more fillers and preservatives in it than most store brands do :( The store brand I consume costs half as much but is twice as good for you :D My shampoo is just like the Paul Mitchell stuff sold in salons for 5 times what I pay. My cheap socks last as long as any I've worn and look great. My shoes are stylish and comfy and last longer than the designer brands. My kitchen has 3 times the food for the same dollar that most people's do- and it's as good or better in every way.

It's not always like this but until you look you won't know. I've never been 'rich' but at times I had plenty and I've had the 'best' of almost everything to see if it was what it was cracked up to be B) Sometimes it was excellent and worth every dime- sometimes not. I've been poor for so long now that I have lost that option, but I've found cheap substitutes that are a better value for my money than the 'good stuff' in almost every case ^_^

We've been 'programmed' by advertising for so long that we have come to believe that quality can be had only in the best brands by spending lots of money and that anything 'less' is like cheating yourself :o Well wake up people- you've been 'had' by the system once again :P Take the time to look into things yourself and don't be misled by the propoganda- that's what advertising has become in the US- and see for yourself. Don't 'discount' something just because it's sold at a discount. Sometimes money is well spent on the good stuff and adult diapers is a perfect example of this- but sometimes like my soups, shampoo, and antifreeze, spending the extra money for a name is just plain stupid :rolleyes: If you save where you can you'll have more money to buy 'the good stuff' when there is a difference and you come out better in the end :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Don't 'jump the gun' here- just because it's cheap doesn't mean it has to be bad ;) I have friends who raise show dogs and they use a store-brand food that happens to be exactly the same stuff that many professional breeders use. The "pro" stuff carries a well know brand and a tripled price :angry: There's only a certain number of places that make things and often the 'cheap' stuff is identical to the 'good' stuff or very nearly so. Perhaps you remember several years ago automotive antifreeze skyrocketed in price when one of the two plants in the US which make the stuff burned down. Turned out that each made only two products- one green and one red. All the greens were the same and all the reds were the same- only the labelled gallon jugs differed(and the prices which they sold at!) Go check the prices and names yourself- store brand antifreeze of the same type is a lot cheaper that the name brand sruff- the only difference is that when you buy the name brand you pay for some fat cat CEO's massive salary. Read the ingredient labels on food and you may be shocked to find that the best known soup in the US has more fillers and preservatives in it than most store brands do :( The store brand I consume costs half as much but is twice as good for you :D My shampoo is just like the Paul Mitchell stuff sold in salons for 5 times what I pay. My cheap socks last as long as any I've worn and look great. My shoes are stylish and comfy and last longer than the designer brands. My kitchen has 3 times the food for the same dollar that most people's do- and it's as good or better in every way.

In some cases you are absolutely correct. There are a number of products that are all made by the same manufacturer, then "repackaged' into different brands and sold. There are only a few generic dog food manufacturers that constitute hundreds of brands. The problem with buying dog food from dollar stores is they usually buy leftovers from larger chain stores and sell them cheap. This means the dog food you bought two weeks ago is probably not the same dog food you bought this week. If you feed a dog different brands all the time, you can cause gastrointestinal stress. It is always better to get them on one brand/type and stick with it.

It's not always like this but until you look you won't know. I've never been 'rich' but at times I had plenty and I've had the 'best' of almost everything to see if it was what it was cracked up to be B) Sometimes it was excellent and worth every dime- sometimes not. I've been poor for so long now that I have lost that option, but I've found cheap substitutes that are a better value for my money than the 'good stuff' in almost every case ^_^

We've been 'programmed' by advertising for so long that we have come to believe that quality can be had only in the best brands by spending lots of money and that anything 'less' is like cheating yourself :o Well wake up people- you've been 'had' by the system once again :P Take the time to look into things yourself and don't be misled by the propoganda- that's what advertising has become in the US- and see for yourself. Don't 'discount' something just because it's sold at a discount. Sometimes money is well spent on the good stuff and adult diapers is a perfect example of this- but sometimes like my soups, shampoo, and antifreeze, spending the extra money for a name is just plain stupid :rolleyes: If you save where you can you'll have more money to buy 'the good stuff' when there is a difference and you come out better in the end :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Sometimes the generic stuff is just as good, but not often. I'm not rich, but I'm upper middle class. I can afford the good brands, so I buy them because I prefer them. Name brand clothing lasts longer in my experience. Same with shoes. They're also more comfortable. Something as simple as crackers have a large quality gap. General saltines may taste the same, but crumble too easy. That being said, I will opt for the name brand merchandise 90% of the time.

Also, I have a marketing degree and know all about advertising products. Yes, name brands go up in price to cover the cost of advertising, but it's not as much as most people think.

You buy dog food at the dollar store? It CAN'T be good for the dog.

A: Can't afford more expensive dogfood.

B: My dogs like the cheap stuff more than the expensive brands.

C: Our vet has no problems with this. They actually recommend this brand over most of the Wal-Mart or Orchelens brands (the only other places within reasonable driving time) or the more over-priced dogfood from the feed store.

D: They also eat rabbits and squirrels and the occasional leftovers that deer hunters leave.

E: They've been eating it for the past couple of years with no health problems.

A: Can't afford more expensive dogfood.

B: My dogs like the cheap stuff more than the expensive brands.

C: Our vet has no problems with this. They actually recommend this brand over most of the Wal-Mart or Orchelens brands (the only other places within reasonable driving time) or the more over-priced dogfood from the feed store.

D: They also eat rabbits and squirrels and the occasional leftovers that deer hunters leave.

E: They've been eating it for the past couple of years with no health problems.

The main thing I feel people should look at are the ingredients. I feed my current dog only natutral dog food that has no preservatives. If you do an online search about dog food you will find some very valuble sites that tell about some of the very bad things that go into dog food. Spoiled animal carcases, including dogs and cats that have died from cancer and other desieses. Also Wheat Gluten which is usually from China. Also preservatives as well that are proven to cause cancer. If you think about it, look at all the problems with food in China, most recently the baby formula. They do anything over there to make a buck including putting poisonous chemicals in food. If they do it with their own baby formula, they won't hesitate to do worse to the stuff sold as dog food fillers. And where does most of the fillers and glutin for the dog food sold in the USA come from? That's right, China! It dosn't matter to me if you buy the top brand name in the store or the generic bargian brand at the doller place, just as long as it has the nutrition and no harmful chemicals, preservatives and fillers. I say this because our dog was one of those that got sick a couple years ago from the dog food problem (remember the big recall and all the sick dogs?). He didn't die right away but started having sesiures and then got cancer. He died a year ago. Hey, I'm all for the store brands of most groceries as long as they are safe to eat.

For me, the opposite always seems to happen...twice, as a younger man, I sucessfully ran after & caught two different purse-snatchers. Got the purses back with 100% of the contents still inside. Handed the purses back to the intended victims.....and BOTH times, neither one even said thank you. Both times, they just turned around and walked away to go talk to the police. The next time I saw that happen, the guy ran right past me, and all I had to do was stick my foot out, trip the guy, and it's all over. But I just stepped out of the way, and didn't get involved with it. .....*sigh*...and people wonder why I quit dating 15 years ago, and haven't got lucky in 20....what's the use/point? :badmood:

... an extra bag of Abri Xplus! I thought I was all out, and was mad at myself for not having ordered more. But those bags are so big, I forgot I had stashed one in the back of my closet because I couldn't fit it in the usual spot under my bedstand.

Not me but i've hidden diapers before and forgot about them, and i know my friend who was staying with me at the time found the ones i forgot about but hes never said anything just a couple of sly jokes <_<

I had similar situation when i ran out of good diapers and had just depends left and I came across a lone molicare left over from several months ago. It was nice.