LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wasn't Expecting This!

I went to buy a new bike today and the guy was really pushing selling me a helmet. I wasn't planning on riding any trails soon so I declined... and got a spill! He told me about a guy who was in front of his house and fell over and died, and he also mentioned something that was odd, he said something along the lines of 'Or the girl who fell over and has to be diapered by her mom. She has to wear diapers for the rest of her life'.... So I bought a helmet... but I wanted to say after that last story.. 'Maybe wearing diapers for the rest of your life isn't so bad' hehe.

They always push those fairy fables to sell their junk, but they don't tell no yankee boys any truths.

I've heard similar stories from crazy substitute teachers about drugs in soda cans and how an unsuspecting girl will want to steal your drugged drink and then later, she suffers massive brain trauma or something, and now lives with her mom and wears diapers and has the mental capacity of a 2 year old. . . Of course, before that, she was a pretty girl, with lots of friends and a 'bright future', but the kid sipping Acid-laced cola in Home Ec ruined it all for her. . :rolleyes: Truth? Only if you count the one or two instances that it's ever happened. :wanker:

Helmets on bikes are a necessity if you are not a strong rider, or have WELL-below-average balance and/or coordination/reflexes. If you've grown up riding bikes and are comfortable at any speed on any type of bicycle, then the choice should be yours whether or not to protect your dome. Personally, I don't know too many people who crash their bikes without doing something to warrant it beforehand, and most of the time, they have enough foresight to know they're going to need some protection. But then again, I know old people who trip and fall just while walking, and next thing you know, they're face is all fucked up. Maybe they need helmets, but, sadly, you gotta be pretty good to sell a helmet to someone who isn't riding a bike. . .

A helmet on your head does not protect your family jewels, and medically, neither does it protect your spinal column. It will protect your head to a certain extent if the helmet gets impacted.

Yes, there are stories where a child and/or adult suffered incontinence due to a bicyle accident, but examining them in depth, there is probably one out of every thousand where a helmet would have saved the rider. Loking at this from the other side of the coin, there are thousands of incidents daily where a cycle helmet has saved or reduced the accident level due to the protection it offers.

Summary - if you are participating in an event where you are placing your body at risk, protection is advisable. Going without for some reason is mentally deficient on your part. Yes, and accident can change your life - or worse, end it completely AND they only have to happen once. We, as human beings, are fragile, and we do break.

Wow... I wonder what happened to people back in the days before there were airbags, bike helmets, and antibacterial everything? Next thing you know they won't let kids take pencils to school anymore because they are sharp.

I disagree, I've been riding bikes, and bicycles for a long time and more than once a helmet has saved me from certain death. I am an above average rider. Only a dumb rider thinks they are above getting hurt. There are two types of riders, those who have fallen, and those who will fall. The funny thing about two wheels is they fall over....

So getting the helmet was a good idea. Kudos.

There is nothing worse than full time fecal incontinence. If anyone has that fantasy, I suggest that you rethink it! I remember telling my boss that I had to go home and change my nasty diaper. It is no fun!

I went to buy a new bike today and the guy was really pushing selling me a helmet. I wasn't planning on riding any trails soon so I declined... and got a spill! He told me about a guy who was in front of his house and fell over and died, and he also mentioned something that was odd, he said something along the lines of 'Or the girl who fell over and has to be diapered by her mom. She has to wear diapers for the rest of her life'.... So I bought a helmet... but I wanted to say after that last story.. 'Maybe wearing diapers for the rest of your life isn't so bad' hehe.

Wow... I wonder what happened to people back in the days before there were airbags, bike helmets, and antibacterial everything? Next thing you know they won't let kids take pencils to school anymore because they are sharp.

They grew up to be my generation and the ones before us! But that was back when a vehicle was built like a tank...

I won't push anyone to use a safty device... Just don't come crying to me when you or your loved ones die for being too macho...

From someone in the industry;, When we sell you a bike, we know that if you can afford to pony up the $300-$4,000 for a new bike, then you must have cash for other accessories to go with it, (helmet, lights, lock, car rack, shorts, or a spare bike)

We really don't care about your safety, we just want to make a sale. I've worked in the bike industry for a very long time, and I've seen all the tricks for selling extra things with a bike. I wear a helmet when I ride, only so I look like just another guy on a bike.

Fuck all helmet/seatbelt laws! Just another way the world is becoming a nanny state.

I don't ride a bicycle anymore but I'm giving it some thought- I really could use the physical conditioning :P but a helmet on a bike? To me that's rather silly :lol: Yes, in certain circumstances it can save your bacon- but if your head needs protection you need a full-face helmet so it's protected from every angle- not just the top -_- And that won't help with the body trauma where the car hit you so add a motocross-style riding suit complete with a back protector, and don't forget the boots to protect those 'pedalers'! Maybe now it's safe for you to ride for you've taken all the known precautions you could. Don't gripe to me when you get a heatstroke :roflmao:

Like Achilles' heel, there's no covering everything that could happen and if you're not taking every possible precaution you might as well accept your vulnerability and deal with it as you see fit- without anyone else telling you how and without anyone else taking responsibility for your injuries if you made bad choices :) I've often wondered how much cheaper insurance would be if snow-skiing was banned- there would be a lot less broken legs to pay for. And recreational boating- positively fewer drownings. And no falls from mountain climbing too -_- Theres no need to take risks by doing unnecessary activities, right? So let's ban every risky activity- and save outselves from falls in the bathtub, the number one fall risk at home. We will get used to the smell after awhile. Raw veggies are awesome since nobody is getting burned from cooking anymore- and no beer to wash them down since they banned drinking to eliminate drunks and their injuries. After dinner we won't watch TV or go online since they stopped producing harmful chemicals frm electronics manufacturing.

Ahhhhh, what a great life now that we're all nice and safe!

:Crylol:

Bettypooh

Everyone keeps mentioning that it *can* save you in some ways, but certainly not all ways. And it only protects part of your body....

Well how dense do you have to be to not realize that protecting part of your body is better than not protecting it? Gosh. There's always a chance you'll get hurt... yes.... even if you're just riding down the street.

Let me ask you the same question from another angle:

How dense do you have to be to not protect any part of your body like I mentioned in my reply? It's not like such protection is impossible- I showed that quite clearly- it's just that each of us has to decide how far we want to go with protecting ourselves and that there should be no burden placed on anyone to have someone else decide that :)

There should be no costs placed on anyone when someone could have protected themselves from an injury but chose not to which doesn't happen in the US today- your unnecessary insurance claims are paid by the premiums of others or by the government if you're indigent, so even though I'm pretty safe it still costs me when other's aren't- which is totally unfair to me :o I've had my share of bicycle and motorcycle crashes in the past and the most vulnerable and most injured part of my body was always the hands which automatically flew out to keep me from hitting whatever I was about to collide with :mellow: In a bicycle crash a car-damaged mailbox almost took the heel of my hand off once- that hurt like the dickens for 2 months :angry: so from then on I always wore gloves :rolleyes: I ask others with 2-wheel crashes in their history about what happened with their hands in the crashes and they all agree with me- but I hear no call to make gloves mandantory :huh:

Make your safety protection your choice and your responsibility entirely- then leave me out of the picture to do the same thing for myself ;) I'll pay only for me and you'll pay only for you- that's the only fair way to do it but that's not how it's done :( I lose my freedom and you get to break your leg snow skiing with me getting a portion of the bill even though I'll never ski because it's unnecessary and dangerous. Perhaps you'd care to pay a portion of my bills for me? I certainly wouldn't object to that :lol:

Bettypooh

From someone in the industry;, When we sell you a bike, we know that if you can afford to pony up the $300-$4,000 for a new bike, then you must have cash for other accessories to go with it, (helmet, lights, lock, car rack, shorts, or a spare bike)

We really don't care about your safety, we just want to make a sale. I've worked in the bike industry for a very long time, and I've seen all the tricks for selling extra things with a bike. I wear a helmet when I ride, only so I look like just another guy on a bike.

Wow, what kind of bikes are you selling? 3-4k damn, I paid $400 for my electra beach cruiser and it was one of the more expensive models. Oh, I hate helmets, I never wear them while riding. Although I guess it is more safe with a helmet but I'll shoot the dice and take my chances. I've rode my bike everywhere in the summer since 01 and I haven't had a head injury, got scuffed up once or twice but a helmet wouldn't have helped me anyway.

Wow, what kind of bikes are you selling? 3-4k damn, I paid $400 for my electra beach cruiser and it was one of the more expensive models. Oh, I hate helmets, I never wear them while riding. Although I guess it is more safe with a helmet but I'll shoot the dice and take my chances. I've rode my bike everywhere in the summer since 01 and I haven't had a head injury, got scuffed up once or twice but a helmet wouldn't have helped me anyway.

My mountain bike is pushing the 4k mark... not including the $300 dollar lights, the $200 dollar helmet, the $120 dollar shoes, the $200 pedals I had to buy because none came on the bike, how about the revalve I had done on my rear suspension that was 150 bucks, or the $1200 dollar front forks I'm looking at upgrading to? And lets not get into how much I've spent on riding jerseys and shorts, water bottles, race entry fees.....

none of that stuff is expensive, its just valuable. Maybe not to you, but it is to me.

I love my bike. It is a ridiculously powerful machine. I it doesn't matter that I am as careful or careless on it as I can. If I make a mistake or some fuddy-duddy pulls out in front of me--I'm screwed. Sometimes I wear a helmet, sometimes I don't. It is my decision and mine only.

I am all for personal freedom. I despise the government infringing on personal freedom.

If you carry personal injury insurance (a multi-million dollar long term care policy) you should be able to ride without a helment or seat belt.

On the other hand, if you get injured, would you want the taxpayers being responsible for your long term expensive care?

This is a two edged sword.

Fuck all helmet/seatbelt laws! Just another way the world is becoming a nanny state.

My mountain bike is pushing the 4k mark... not including the $300 dollar lights, the $200 dollar helmet, the $120 dollar shoes, the $200 pedals I had to buy because none came on the bike, how about the revalve I had done on my rear suspension that was 150 bucks, or the $1200 dollar front forks I'm looking at upgrading to? And lets not get into how much I've spent on riding jerseys and shorts, water bottles, race entry fees.....

none of that stuff is expensive, its just valuable. Maybe not to you, but it is to me.

Get a girlfriend/boyfriend BBB ;)

It may be a callous reply but those who are stupid enough to do stupid things deserve what they get, as long as they don't take someone else with them. If they won't listen to what people tell them, what else can you do? Maybe you won't get hurt riding a bike without a helmut, but why take the chance? On the 1% chance that you do fall off onto your head without a helmut, you could be dead or so severly brain damaged that your a vegetable, so to speak. Hindsite is always better than forsite. Remember how Gary Busey was against helmuts for motorcycle riders until he crashed and almost died? He's still not the way he used to be. I bet these same people would think nothing of going for a walk alone at 3am in Central Park New York City!

;)

Helmets are a good idea, TBI's are no joke. I've been out riding my bicycle ($400.00) and had the car in front of me turn right, right across my path (turning it instead into my FLIGHT path). You can be as safe as you want, but you can't do anything about the people around you, or what they are doing.

People do die from TBI's, I have had a personal experience with that, think of those you may leave behind and how it will affect their lives if you're gone.

It is true that if you tripped and fell right you could be killed from a TBI, let alone with the speed you might have with you if you are suddenly launched from your bicycle (or motorcycle for the lucky few).

Thing is, accidents happen. Your fault, somebody else's fault, bad weather, whatever, sh%t happens. In the grand scheme of things you do make a personal choice of whether to ride with protection or not. It's a persons right to choose if they want to be protected or not, but it really is the smart thing to do.

Some people have unprotected sex, go figure. We're free to choose.

America is great that way!

Rock on,

Vic B)

Why? Last girlfriend I bought I spent about 1k on her bike so we could ride together?....

Doesn't stop me from me....

I was only being facetious. And a complete asshole :D Don't mind me BBB. I say the things most people wish they had the balls to say. In reality,I could give a shit what you spend your $$$ on. It if floats yer boat,go for it!