LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling Or Not Telling?

Well I've never felt the need to tell anyone, I consider this fetish to be a very private thing. You wouldn't tell them about your bowel movements or how often and to what you masturbate. I'm not trying to be vulgar, it's the same principal, there are some things you don't share with your friends.

So unless you wear in public I would say you're better off keeping some things private.

I can't say that I'll ever 'come out' as a DL but I want to for one reason only- so that I wouldn't have to hide things or worry about getting caught anymore B) If it went like my coming out as a TG did there'd be no problems initially :) but I don't want to risk losing half of my remaining friends again :o The freedom of being out feels great until you realize it's a lot like Janis Joplin said it was :( Weigh the pros and cons in your mind well before coming out as anything unusual- then unless you just have to it's probably best that you don't -_-

Bettypooh

I've left my friends out of it completely. Well, maybe I have, I actually don't know!

It's funny, actually. One time to 'wow' my closest friend I exposed the (paper) waistband on a tena flex I was wearing. I still don't know if he knows or not. Another time I considered just telling him. I know for certain he would not really care much at all, knowing how much weirder things there are out there.

He's my closest friend. I also considered 'experimenting' with another close friend and I know another is into some odd things. With close friends I don't consider discussing (or even to a small degree engaging) in sex or sexual topics to be entirely off-limits. Our friendship would have been fine either way, though - it hasn't really improved or worsened things. So if you think it is a risk, in this case don't do it. After all, they don't really need to know and there is some chance they wouldn't like it (even younger generations more aware of some of the more questionable things people get into).

Before you tell your friends ask your self this. Do you want to know your friends fetishes and sex secrets?

I have no problem "keeping things" from my friends that done involve them in any way. Do you share your bank balances, salary, etc, with your friends?

InD

I can't really think of any good reasons to tell people who don't let you touch them naked. Unless they are into really kinky stuff their entire knowledge of diaper fetishes will comes from sources like Jerry Springer, CSI and possibly a few youtube videos of hairy men stuffed into pullups. Not pretty pictures and not things you want them to think about every time they see you.

Guest Pizaz

I had a touch of a coming out period -- after one Halloween where I decided to go babyish. A lot of it came out after Halloween. The worst part was when a girl I didn't know confronted me at a bar and called me 'diaperboy.' Blew my socks off, and I didn't tell a good lie. After that, I felt awkward in public situations... and some of my friends from that time I don't talk to anymore. Doubt that's the sole reason -- time has a way of making people grow distant. But, it served no purpose telling my friends.

Now, if you have a very close friend with whom you feel like you can share anything, then give that a shot... but, still, just think about what you're trying to gain.

I wouldn't recommend it. They don't need to know.

I leave my family and friends of all sorts (best friends, etc) out of it. I DO tell my girlfriends though. I've been with my current gf for almost 10 months now and she is completely accepting of it and wears with me sometimes. I agree with everyone else though. Unless you share bank account numbers, are sleeping with them, or need to know about their sex/fetish lives, then they have no business knowing. It's best to keep it to yourself. And most importantly keep those relationships with your friends.

I agree with most of the comments posted...why is it you feel the need to share this information??

I suppose if you had a few very close friends and wanted to be able to hang out in just a tee-shirt and diaper or at least let one peek out the top of jeans or something... then maybe... but otherwise, why give them information they may have a difficult time processing?

Only three people know for me. My best friend, an extremly close friend and my sister.

I told my best friend first in the ten grade when I mentioned it to him. He was cool.

My really close friend is into bondage, so it was easy telling her.

My sister and I are close and talk about a lot of stuff.

One thing to remember is that once you tell, then it's out there forever. If you change your mind you can't take it back.

I have never had a reason to share with anyone except my wife. Maybe not a wise choice, just my 2 cents worth. :o

If they are close friends you can trust and hiding it from them is stressing you out, I don't see why you shouldn't tell them. I've got a close friend who used to be a pro dom that I've told. She was surprised but interested because sexual psychology is totally her hobby. Having people in real life to talk to about this kind of thing totally normalizes it. If you've found the right people to tell, then go for it.

There is a very simple rule. "What you do in privacy should stay in privacy"

Learn to cope with life's secret's. Everyone has a sexual secret but they don't broadcast it so cop on live your life and enjoy your secret pleasures.

You havn't married your friends, share a mortgage with them or going to have kids with them so why tell them your fetish? Grow up and get on with life.

Tell or not tell - that really depends on the person involved and the type of relationship you are in / want to be in.

With your wife/husband/boy friend/girl friend, I would say yes, tell them. Not doing so is dishonest and misleading.

With your friend / family / etc - that you like diapers and want to act infantile - that is totally up to you - but consider - what do you wish to gain - do you really expect that person/people to make a fuss of you and baby you - unfortunately most people will not understand your wishes and due to that, will correlate diaper wearing/infantile behavior to pedophilia.

On a one to one basis, you have the opportunity - if you wish to tell them - to prepare them completely. Human nature as it is, 99% of all people will understand your feelings once given the time and correct preparation, but if you shock them, they will run from you.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

I know someone is going to yell at me for this, but...

I think is just a human need to be accepted by our peers. I'm sure it is how homosexuals felt back before it was ok to be publicly gay. They were stuck in the closet and it eventually starts to get cramped in here. We are a social species who doesn't like to hide secrets from our friends and loved ones.

That said, it really should not involve others unless you know that they are ABDL. I would love to wear 24/7/365 and be completely open about it, but I know that won't happen unless something changes drastically in my life. I am getting to a point where I am accepting myself for who I am. I don't want to change (unless I'm wet, lol).

I finally came out as a daper lover to my fiance a couple days ago. She found my collection of diaper pictures and confronted me about it. I told her everything...but an I was nervous as hell. After 2 days of talking she became accepting of it, she even wears occasionally for me. She has told me that se doesn't care if I wear infront of her(but don't use it), but I'm still a little nervous of her seeing me in a diaper, but I'll do it eventually.

To every one hiding this from their significant others...don't. Honesty is the best policy in this case. I can't describe how much happier I am now that my secret is out in the open. I actually feel closer to her now, and she feels closer to me too.

yeah but this kid wantsto tell his friends, not his SO... i mean i understand telling someone you are having a sexual/intimate relationship with.. but why exactly do your friends need to know? because i can garuntee you there are things your friends haven't told you about their lives.

very true...sorry I got off on a tangent there.

So telling significant other=good

telling all your friends=not as good

I really don't see the reason for your friends to know everythign about you. You really have to ask yourself, what are you gaining from telling them?

telling significant other=good

telling all your friends=not as good

True, though I'd phrase it more like:

telling significant other=necessary

telling anyone else=not necessary

Unless you haven't got a significant other. In that case, having someone to be open about all about all this with might become a necessity. Telling all your friends though ... that would probably just = gratuitous.