LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper And Airports

I'm going to be traveling soon and was wondering if there are any problems with diapers in either your carry on bag or checked luggage.....like do they show up on the x-ray machines and look suspicous? is likley to have my bag searched and my diapers pulled out in front of a bunch of people?

Anybody have any experiences? I'm a little nevous about it.

oh yeah...and are you supposed to declare you have them or anything?

No, you don't have to declare them. While I have no personal experience, I saw this topic elsewhere about 2002/3 when things were touchy with airport security. Several people had their bags opened and those closest to them saw but nothing was said. The bag was closed quietly and they were on their way. One guy was asked if they belonged to him(yes), another was asked to step over for a full bag search. The worst was a cloth wearing guy who didn't think when dressing and used pins. When the hand-held metal detector went off it was strip search time :badmood: Remember, incontinence is not illegal and with it goes certain needs, so they can't stop you from having diapers in your luggage in the USA.

Later on someone posted claiming to be a TSA person and they said it was not uncommon to see adult diapers in luggage. They recommended to put them underneath everything else so that if they lift that, the diapers will be more covered to keep others from seeing. And if a TSA person says anything, just tell them that you need them and would they please quit embarassing you? That should get you on your way. The TSA people have a job to do but they know that they can be fired for doing something stupid just like anyone else can. If a TSA person does go too far, report them to the terminal manager immediately, even if it embarasses you. That's the only way problems can be found and fixed.

Really, I wouldn't worry about it because anyone who does chance to see your diapers will be someone you'll probably never see again.

Bettypooh

I searched the old threads to give you some past comments and experiences..

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...t=0&start=0

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...amp;hl=airports

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...amp;hl=airports

Should give you a Idea of what might be expected, or whatever...have fun on your trip!!!

I will be traveling to California for Thanksgiving. I haven't been to see my Dad or Sisters for two years, so I figure it's time I should go. The question that entered my mind was that "Would my diaper show up on the scanner?" I've heard now that they have full body scanners, but I don't know all that they would reveal. It's nice to have that convenience on a plane. In that small bathroom I feel like I will tip over while I'm peeing! :lol:

I have never had a problem with disposables.

Pins on cloth diapers will trip the metal detectors. I had that experience before 9-11

I'm going to be traveling soon and was wondering if there are any problems with diapers in either your carry on bag or checked luggage.....like do they show up on the x-ray machines and look suspicous? is likley to have my bag searched and my diapers pulled out in front of a bunch of people?

Just a joking reply here, but with all the regulations against carrying liquids on the plane, wouldn't you just wonder a little about weather a diaper could be considered a container for liquids? Can you imagine airport security trying to compute the amount of liquid in your diaper to see if it's less than 6 ounces? If you really want to get technical about it, could someone actually use some dangeous liquid inside a diaper to smuggle it on board? Makes you think about it and wonder how safe you might be if someone tried that! All I can hope is that if someone tried it, they would blow their nuts off before getting to the airport!

I've spent many years traveling and have always traveled with diapers. In over 200 flights no one at any airport checkpoint has ever said anything. A couple have looked into my laptop bag (where I had a couple of changes) or into my carry on but that's it. Ive never had the diapers pulled out in view or any such thing. As for declaring them, why? Do you declare underwear or bras or whatever else? Just because you might think diapers are naughty doesn't mean other people do ;-)

Have fun!

InD

I traveled with some "adult toys" in my carry on one time, after 9/11. I was flagged for further search. I told the gentlemen searching my bag I've got some adult novelties near the bottom. He was very discreet. I couldn't see them and I was right there. But I agree, put them at the bottom, if you get searched, say you have some private items at the bottom.

From personal experience, I can tell you what happens.

They do a quick check into your bags. It is rare that they will dump everything, but it happens. Everything, as far as I know, shows up on the X-rays.

If you are feeling uncomfortable about it, you can call ahead and tell them you have an embarrassing medical incontinent condition, even if you do not, and ask that your bags be searched in private. Every airline has a phone number you can call where you can speak to someone, ask questions, and make requests. Tell them that you do not wish to be embarrassed.

Personally, I could care less who sees. I bring diapers on my carry on, and I take along another clear shopping bag full of diapers in case the carry on ones run out. They don't have a problem with that.

I want to tell you that it is hard to change a diaper in a plane bathroom. It is even harder if someone has to assist you in the change, like what happens to me. Thank God I'm not in a wheelchair and am capable of standing up for changes.

What is more embarrassing is when my husband has to tell the stewardess out right that he has to change my diapers and will need to go into the bathroom with me. He has to do this to avoid causing any trouble, as people would become quite suspicious of a man going into the bathroom with a woman. To avoid anything, he just tells it. I hate that because others hear the conversation since everyone is in close quarters. I don't care that I have to wear diapers, but it is pretty embarrassing when strange people know and hear that you can't change them on your own. It really sucks.

I hope that my answer helps you out. Feel free to ask any further question should you feel the need. I'll do my best to answer them. Also, others here could offer some good advice.