LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Time To Remember

I hope everyone took time to remember the men and women that died serving our nation(s).

May we always remember the ones who gave their lives with honour.

While I as a Disabled Veteran, would never take away the Honorable sacrifice of those that who have made before us. It is with that I hope that while they are still a Veteran, This isn't just about them. Memorial Day is the day exclusively designated to them. Those who gave their life in defense and service of our great country. This Holiday is for ALL those that have and do wear the Uniform of our armed services. Past, Present, Living or Deceased...this is the Veteran Holiday. Please don't confuse the two, While I take nothing from those that gave all, please understand this holiday is for all, let's not forget those that have served and do to this day. This is a Holiday for those that have served..they ALL deserve that respect...Thank you..

Repaid, not in any way taking away from the sacrifices of you and your fellow veterans, I need to point out that the original poster is from New Brunswick. In Canada, November 11th is Remembrance Day, which commemorates Canadians who died in the First and Second World Wars, and the Korean War, and now, of course, the war in Afghanistan. If I'm not mistaken, in the U.S., November 11th is Veteran's Day and is observed in the manner you mentioned. Similar but not quite identical. I don't believe BBoy meant any disrespect to veterans, his post is based on how we observe this particular day here in Canada, which for us is a day to remember the fallen.

Repaid, not in any way taking away from the sacrifices of you and your fellow veterans, I need to point out that the original poster is from New Brunswick. In Canada, November 11th is Remembrance Day, which commemorates Canadians who died in the First and Second World Wars, and the Korean War, and now, of course, the war in Afghanistan. If I'm not mistaken, in the U.S., November 11th is Veteran's Day and is observed in the manner you mentioned. Similar but not quite identical. I don't believe BBoy meant any disrespect to veterans, his post is based on how we observe this particular day here in Canada, which for us is a day to remember the fallen.

Well thank you for that..Usually the news media keeps us abreast of certain holidays. I should have known our neighbors to the north have a special day too! Now I have to remember that for the next years. Jeeze you would think with our close proximity, we could get a few holidays to match. So do you all have a "Veterans Day" as well? When is that if you do?

This is truly a shame that alot of countries forget to honor those who served and yet still are living. Here in Korea for example, they observe Memorial Day as well (only a few days after the US's Memorial Day), but they don't have any thing for their currently serving men and women. There are so many men and women around the world in all nations who have fought, bled, and been scarred by what they have seen. And yet, they weren't killed in the line of fire....they lived. Many have never seen combat, but they recognize they could be called to it at any moment. Those men and women truly are the unsung heros.

I have never served in the military, and quite honestly, I don't have any plans to. I DID grow up in a military household, and lived within 15 miles of Quantico for 10 years. I have had the orivilege of meeting several of the senior NCO's here at the Kunsan Air Base. I respect and admire all of them. They have a code of honor that is stunning. I salute them, the decisions they made, and the courage that it takes for them to step to the line and say "Not today. Not on my watch."

My brothers and sisters serving on the line, for what its worth, Thank You, and I'm praying for your safety. For those that have served your time, thank you equally as much for what you did for our country.

Much love to all our soldiers, past, present and future, be proud and thank you!

Get off my obstacle...I'm gonna watch the first 40 minutes of full metal jacket to celebrate(rest of movie sucks)

Trust me if you lived those three months the rest of the movie WAS the good part. I always refer to that movie when people ask me what Marine boot camp was like..then say multiply by ten..there you have it.....

I know I'm being a bit picky, but I know the "soldier" comment is suppose to be all encompassing of our service, unfortunately we all worked hard to gain our "title".. I think the Phrase "Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines" works best...I'm still trying to figure out..were they saving the best for last??? :P

I still would like to know (Without Googling) if Canada has a "Veteran's day" and when?????

="Repaid1"I still would like to know (Without Googling) if Canada has a "Veteran's day" and when?????

The donations given to the Poppy Fund during the weeks leading up to Remembrance Day go to services for veterans and they are certainly front and center during Remembrance Day comemmorations but there is no designated day for them that is observed nationwide.

Well Repaid, according to the research I've done (mostly on Wikipedia, and talking to some Canadian coworkers) theres no real Veteran's Day in the sense that we have it in the US (i.e. showin our respect not just for the war dead, but the living Vets and the currently serving). Remembrance Day is about the closest that it comes, and thats more like our Memorial Day. Of course, since it appears that there's no uniform holiday code like what we have in the states (alot of the provinces decide which holidays they are going to make statutory), there may be a civic holiday in one or two of the provinces that I missed that has something like Vets Day.

Also, as a teacher, I'm obligated to point out that wiki is not the best source for quoting stuff.....we all know how it can be changed. But for base information its usually a decent source.