LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have Trouble Saying Or Writing It

Does anyone else ever feel kind of shy or hesitant to say or type 'diaper?' (It took me a little effort to do it just then.) I don't know why I get nervous--it's like I'm half afraid certain people will be able to sense me typing the word even if they're far away (which is totally irrational, I know--I'm not delusional or dissociated or anything). Or like speaking it is a taboo or even a curse. If I say it, I feel like I should immediately say something else to plow it out of my mouth and ears, or else I'll be somehow "marked" by it, or forced to wear one and be humiliated for the rest of my life. This happens even while I'm posting in AB/DL forums, where I know I'm in good company and no one is going to be shocked if I write it. I guess you all might have noticed I tend to dodge the word in my posts.

I'm not insane--I'm perfectly aware these are just thoughts, if not pseudo-superstitions. But does anyone else attach this kind of fear, shame, arousal or power to the very word (reflecting, of course, the feelings we attach to the object itself)? I've noticed it's a common habit around here to use 'wear' as an intransitive verb--for example, "When was the last time you wore in public?"--as if trying to dodge the word.

From the time I was a kid I've had trouble saying it. I think it's partly because my mom added an extra syllable - "Di-a-per" - and that always made me wary, as I'm an auditory person and hated the way it sounded. I've never minded typing the word, though. Interesting observation, Aleia, and I'll be curious to see what others have to say.

You are not insane. I always have felt it hard to say the word diaper. Typing it, not so much, but actual discussion about diapers makes me feel weird. Although as of recently being out about this side of me, talking about it has become easier. Thanks Wifey, Tami, and Heidi!

~Brian

Typing them is one thing, I can discuss diapers without a problem on this forum or others without too many internal qualms. But when i come to talking about diapers with friends or with other people, there is a most definite feeling of reluctance to even mention the word. Thats been changing over the last few months, but it is most definitely there. At the same time, like mooglelove said, saying "brief" or "adult incontinence brief" feels even more wierd than saying "diaper". A diaper is a diaper regardless of what some people want to call it.

Typing them is one thing, I can discuss diapers without a problem on this forum or others without too many internal qualms. But when i come to talking about diapers with friends or with other people, there is a most definite feeling of reluctance to even mention the word. Thats been changing over the last few months, but it is most definitely there. At the same time, like mooglelove said, saying "brief" or "adult incontinence brief" feels even more wierd than saying "diaper". A diaper is a diaper regardless of what some people want to call it.

Yeah, I can do it here, no problem. On the other hand, if I had to say to someone "I wear diapers" I'd probably crap myself from fear (good thing I'll be diapered! :blush: ) My wife has a heck of a time saying it, but I keep trying to make us better about it. I figure if we're not weird about it, then it won't seem so weird to anyone else. I hate the word "brief" when talking about diapers. There is a type of underwear called briefs, and they definitely aren't diapers!

But keep working on it! One day it'll be natural to us, and if we can all say naturally that we wear diapers, maybe it'll be more accepted. (A guy can dream!)

Say it loud, "I wear diapers!"

I myself get uncomfortable hearing other people talk about diapers; even if I just hear them out of earshot, it makes it hard for me to get back to my original train of thought.

Even with my best friend (who's an AB), I still find it hard to say the word around him, even though he knows what I'm into.

Interestingly, if I have to type the word "diamond", I sometimes have to pause between the "a" and the "m", so I don't type the wrong thing. :lol:

I overheard my crush saying it to someone else recently, and I was kind of stunned for the rest of the day. It made me desperately wish she'd put one on me!

I'm a singer, and I get a little twitchy writing "diaphragm."

in regards to using diaper in the context of an ab/dl discussion, i never had a problem typing it, on the boards or in any of the stories i've written, however, for the first year my boyfriend/daddy and i were together, i couldn't call it a diaper, my face would go all red and stuff, so i would call it a diapie, and i'd have to make my voice sound just a little babyish when i said it, for me to be able to say it. I think that was because i'd never been with someone who i could be SO open with about, well anything sexual or otherwise, and it does take some getting used to.

Now, we can discuss which diapers we want to try, or how much they were, or any number of things, and i never get red in the face, or find it hard to say the word.

but i will say, i write ab stories that often involve sex, and i have the hardest time figuring out what words to use to describe the penis and vagina that will sound natural and not out of place in the story. Even now i hesitated just typing out those two words! so i do understand what you are saying in regards to using words, its just my words i have trouble with are different.

you could always develop a 'tic' and just say diapers all the time at random, that might help you get used to the word!

When talking IRL I've always had a hard time saying diaper. You will almost never hear me say that word or the words pee and poop for that matter. I don't mind saying diaper or talking about them on the internet as much especially where I know it's acceptable. To me those three words are babyish,toddlerish, infantile whatever you want to call it that's why I don't say them normally. But a part of me does laugh inside and think that's cute because to me they are words that are meant for children and I have always wanted to go back to my toddlerhood even though I'm strictly a DL. The phrase "I wear diapers" is also cute to me because really the only ones who would say that are toddlers or I guess some incontinent people. But I've always had a hard time saying diaper in real life.

I have always been the same way, i can easily type the word DIAPER.. But i can never say it aloud, i just feel wierd about it. Even when i'm alone i'm so paranoid i can't say it. It's as if the spirits are listening and might burst out laughing, in such case i would crap myself00 :o

Whats even more difficult to write, let alone say is " I wear diapers because I enjoy them"....check that a few times...LOL ;)

I can relate to having a hard time saying the word, or even typing it, but I think Ducky is right... we're better off addressing that fear and overcoming it, than letting it rule us. :-)

--Lex

Does anyone else ever feel kind of shy or hesitant to say or type 'diaper?' (It took me a little effort to do it just then.)

Baby steps, Aleia... you just typed it there! :thumbsup:

I have no problem with saying/typing it... Certainly not typing it-- that's only here at DD!

But saying it-- heck, I always get a little tickle whenever a conversation I'm in suddenly turns to diapers, and I can drop the word in naturally... and heck no, I don't hold back. Granted, that subject/opportunity doesn't happen very often-- but when it does, I'm right there. It's always a private "hee-hee"!

Especially if the conversation is with a pretty lady. Yes, I am an unrepentant hetero DL male (with surging Daddy urges); diapers have always been sexual for me (altho that's evolved, lately).

But also, part of the thrill has always been "I've got a secret"-- by recognizing opps to privately mix my Hail-Fellow-Well-Met public persona with my secret freak for diaper-play.

Hence, wearing diapers (under clothes) anywhere, and absolutely no fear/embarassment of buying 'em in public... and certainly no fear-- indeed, an avid appreciation-- for the opportunity to say the word "DIAPERS" to unsuspecting acquaintances. Hell yeah!

wv

Hmmm, that's strange. I thought it was just me. I don't have a problem typing the word diaper like many in this thread. But I definitely don't use the word in conversation and when I do I feel somewhat uneasy about it. I think it's because (maybe) that by the way I say it others will be able to tell the kind of emotion I attach to them. Irrational I know, but I can't think of any other reason saying diaper would make me feel uncomfortable.

... I definitely don't use the word in conversation and when I do I feel somewhat uneasy about it. I think it's because (maybe) that by the way I say it others will be able to tell the kind of emotion I attach to them. Irrational I know, but I can't think of any other reason saying diaper would make me feel uncomfortable.

Interesting... your post gave me a thought:

We all wish for greater mainstream recognition of the AB/DL scene... but if someday, having achieved that, would you then be even MORE self-conscious of how you're talking about "diapers" with other people?

Think about it.

wv

I dont have a problem with typing diaper or nappy as we call them this side of the pond, but this thread did remind me of the time when i went to buy my first pack of adult disposables,they had just come out (those horrid blue things that droped into the crotch on first wetting) anyway i went into the pharmacy and asked if they had any of the 'all in one containment briefs' as that is how they were refered to in a healthcare magazine i had read, and the woman looked up with a slightly quizzical look then said in a loud voice "o you mean the adult nappies" talk about wanting the ground to open and swallow me!

Mal.

I dont have a problem with typing diaper or nappy as we call them this side of the pond, but this thread did remind me of the time when i went to buy my first pack of adult disposables,they had just come out (those horrid blue things that droped into the crotch on first wetting) anyway i went into the pharmacy and asked if they had any of the 'all in one containment briefs' as that is how they were refered to in a healthcare magazine i had read, and the woman looked up with a slightly quizzical look then said in a loud voice "o you mean the adult nappies" talk about wanting the ground to open and swallow me!

Mal.

rofl, that was classic.

I am honestly surprised by how many of you have difficulty saying or writing diaper. Seriously, I didn't think I could learn anything new about this fetish.......but I'm surprised by that.

Of course adults wearing diapers is considered a social taboo, but it shouldn't be. I can understand people being a little freaked out by those of us that wear diapers for fun, but they should respect that for some there is a medical need. Nobody considers wearing sanitary towels a social taboo.......what's the difference?

Beth