LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Recovery

Guest xdiaper

Best of luck to you and others who don't want to be part of the ABDL community. I myself am fine with who I am, but I understand and support those who aren't.

having gone to the link and reading a bit, i understand why this fellow is ttrying to 'recover' he seems to have gone to a place where it had completely taken over his life. He was spending way to much money on books and other supplies, and it had taken over his life completely.

When anything takes over your life completely to the point where you can no longer take care of your own basic needs and function (and i'm not talking those who wear 24/7 because they can still go to work, have friends, go grocery shopping etc..) in everyday society then it is time for a change.

And when trying to stop an addicting behavior, for many the only answer is to give it up completely. For folks who find themselves in that situation i do hope the yahoo group can offer you support and encouragement to regain control of your life.

I'm more"pissed" about this than offended. My problem with posts like these are they are so fucking Nanny-like. I'm a HUGE smoker and drinker. The worst nag about smoking are fucking ex-smokers. Anytime an ex-smoker comes up to me and says"You know,I used to smoke..." I promptly tell them to stick it up their asses. I'm a grown fucking human. I waited paitently to turn 18 so I could legally smoke. I don't need other grown humans poking their noses in my fucking business. Not too long ago I bought a black T-shirt that I've always wanted over at Spencer's gifts. It shows a fist"flipping" you off with a cigarette that says simply and beautifully"I smoke....so fuck off!"

The problem with smokers...and I am not saying that this is you PampersPete, is that their smoking often intrudes on others. How often have folks walked out from a shop or a restaraunt into a blue haze of cigarette smoke while smokers are puffing away in the entrance way! How many times have you been in a bar or lounge and had to deal with second hand smoke from inconsiderate patrons?

I hate cigarettes. I don't hate smokers. Its the addiction that is the problem.

I'm more"pissed" about this than offended. My problem with posts like these are they are so fucking Nanny-like. I'm a HUGE smoker and drinker. The worst nag about smoking are fucking ex-smokers. Anytime an ex-smoker comes up to me and says"You know,I used to smoke..." I promptly tell them to stick it up their asses. I'm a grown fucking human. I waited paitently to turn 18 so I could legally smoke. I don't need other grown humans poking their noses in my fucking business. Not too long ago I bought a black T-shirt that I've always wanted over at Spencer's gifts. It shows a fist"flipping" you off with a cigarette that says simply and beautifully"I smoke....so fuck off!"

I got that shirt too! and I Proudly wear it. Damn Smoking Ban! You can't even go out to a bar and smoke now. Anyway done Hijacking the thread! :P

I've never really seen it as an addiction. I mean it IS a behavior I've had since I was in my single-digits, but if I see a real need to stop, I'll just stop. It's not out of hand or anything. Currently, I'm only padded on my days off when my roommate is off to work, and nobody else is home. So, pretty much "me" time. However, I am getting an itch to go 24/7 again, so I decided to order a case of Dry 24/7 which I heard is the latest and greatest in padding. I'm going to give my full review as soon as I've had the chance to "test" them. Their current sales price puts them cheaper than Abenas and Bambinos (72 for $75, about $1.04 per diaper. The regular price is $99.95 which is about $1.39 per diaper), and according to what I've heard from a friend of mine, who has been a DL for a lot longer than I have even known about it, they're more absorbant than the Abenas, and have the soft, cozy feeling of the Bambinos. They just don't have the cute "Baby" print on them. But, some people have talked about making custom print tape. I'd like to have blue pawprints on my diapies! Can anyone do that?

I've never really seen it as an addiction. I mean it IS a behavior I've had since I was in my single-digits, but if I see a real need to stop, I'll just stop. It's not out of hand or anything. Currently, I'm only padded on my days off when my roommate is off to work, and nobody else is home. So, pretty much "me" time. However, I am getting an itch to go 24/7 again, so I decided to order a case of Dry 24/7 which I heard is the latest and greatest in padding. I'm going to give my full review as soon as I've had the chance to "test" them. Their current sales price puts them cheaper than Abenas and Bambinos (72 for $75, about $1.04 per diaper. The regular price is $99.95 which is about $1.39 per diaper), and according to what I've heard from a friend of mine, who has been a DL for a lot longer than I have even known about it, they're more absorbant than the Abenas, and have the soft, cozy feeling of the Bambinos. They just don't have the cute "Baby" print on them. But, some people have talked about making custom print tape. I'd like to have blue pawprints on my diapies! Can anyone do that?

Edit: Why'd I go on and on about it. Maybe I AM an addict... :o

Smoking is bad for your health Pete! Now fried chicken on the other hand........

If those who feel they need to quit should quit. To quote my favorite marijuana movie, You'll be BAAAACCK. ;)

The problem with smokers...and I am not saying that this is you PampersPete, is that their smoking often intrudes on others. How often have folks walked out from a shop or a restaraunt into a blue haze of cigarette smoke while smokers are puffing away in the entrance way! How many times have you been in a bar or lounge and had to deal with second hand smoke from inconsiderate patrons?

I hate cigarettes. I don't hate smokers. Its the addiction that is the problem.

I'm normally a very considerate smoker when I'm out in public. I always see which way the wind is blowing so I don't blow my smoke downwind to a non-smoker. I try to toss my butts in garbage cans. That sort of thing. The only thing that pisses me off is this,out here in California,it's illegal to light up in a restaurant or bar. I'm fine with that for the most part. I get pissed when I'm at a restaurant with outdoor seating and as usual,I'm having my after meal cigarette,some non-smoker starts hacking and coughing. If they have small children,I'll gladly get up and go to where there is nobody around. No kids,I'll tell them simply,"Look. I can't smoke in there. You have the choice where to sit. Everytime you cough,I blow more smoke in your direction." Shuts 'em up every time. :D

I got that shirt too! and I Proudly wear it. Damn Smoking Ban! You can't even go out to a bar and smoke now. Anyway done Hijacking the thread! :P

I never got that whole non-smoking bar thing. 90% of bar regulars who drink,smoke as well. I'm so tired of hearing"Well,what about the health of the waitresses and bartenders?". BULL fucking SHIT! Last time I checked,this was the land of the free and the home of a billion choices. Don't like the smoke? Still want to bartend? Gee,Skippy,doesn't it make sense to find a job in a non-smoking bar(yes,they used to have quite a few non-smoking bars before the bar bans)? Same as restaurants. Before the ban all I heard was"We like to eat out but all that smoke is detrimental to us and the children....." Again,BULL fucking SHIT! Go to a non-smoking restaurant. Why should the owner spend money just to cater to you?

I agree with Pete, even though I am now an official non-smoker. Too often, and more recently, states have been making too conservative of choices in legislation that limit the freedom of most, to please a small percentage of the population.

Although, by that same token, we should have adult diaper changing tables/stations in nearly all restrooms, then. (But I s'pose the tranny ones hafta come first. . )

AHHH yes but has anyone heard of a tiny little organization with the power to make all western european countries smoke free in their bars as well.. you may have heard of it.. The WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION!!!!! its not about the states not allowing smoking, how many congressment and senators do you think smoke in private... probably 80%.. the point is, the WHO has influence over.. well .. everything... heck, the WHO has taken on their biggest challenge yet right now, calling for china and japan to be smoke free..

While i personally can't see china becoming smoke free anytime in the near future, the WHO has powerful friends and powerful allies.

Also if those who smoked were able to present a professional case, with even just one study that showed that the benefits of smoking far outweighed the negatives, there may have been a chance, but the only platform they have is "land of the free." which lets face it, isn't gonna hold up that well against the hundreds of thousands of studies that show a correlation between smoking and many illnesses (i say correlation, because no you cannot prove cause and effect, just an extremely high correlation). By yelling and swearing you only get ignored.

By the way. Yes I am a smoker, but even i dont like to eat when people are smoking near me. Although i do think the whole non smoking bar thing is a tad absurd, unless i wanna go to china, looks like its not gonna happen for me.

That we are ever truly STUCK in this or any pattern of behavior is one of the cruelest, most suffocating messages you can spread. There are millions of resources available to people who are unhappy with the life they've created. The answer is going to be different for everyone, and the recovery process might be harder than hell, but way too much work and money have gone into researching addictions to be brushed off with "you're just going to have to deal with it." Addiction is a HABIT--that is, a LEARNED BEHAVIOR. If learning is powerful enough to drive you into a seemingly uncontrollable lifestyle, imagine its potential to turn you around.

You know what a real denial of your true self is? Trying to trick yourself into being happy with something that's destroying you.

That's a little naive, no offense.

Addictions may be controlled. But AB/DL isn't an addiction in the classic sense.

An addiction is a mental and/or physical dependence on something brought about by the abuse of that said something.

Let's take a look at the common ones:

Gambling: Addicted to endorphins from highs and lows, typically assoc. w/ compulsive personalities

Alcohol: Addicted to alcohol itself from a pain relief, want to lose control perspective

Barbiturates: Addicted to mood improvement (fallacy) and drug itself, etc.

Tobacco: Addicted to nicotine, needed for perceived mood improvement.

Body Building: Addicted to endorphins, see gambling

These all come about because you abuse some chemistry, sometimes even brain chemistry, it forms habit and physical dependency. Diapers look the same, because in detox the body exhibits high anxiety about being deprived of a needed chemical. Diapers, I believe, are actually directly connected to an anxiety disorder started in the sexual formation stage of childhood.

To break a classic addiction, you remove the agent, the body panics, you get withdrawal and anxiety, it eventually gets to a manageable point for some, you can get by with your life.

To break a diaper addiction which is already an anxiety disorder associated with sexual formation, you can usually forget it. You need to find some way to break the connection but I'm pretty sure, in men anyhow, that sexual imprinting is permanent. It's as someone else said about gay people, pretty much fixed.

All this being said, there may be members who picked this up in their late teens and found it 'just feels good', like beer or something, in which case go for it. Personally I think they're full of crap, but hey.

If you've ever masturbated in a diaper when you didn't have to, you're done.

In closing, anyone may choose to hang up their diapers and never wear again, but if it's a sexually formed anxiety problem, it's going to nag at you every day until your genitals fall off.

That's a little naive, no offense.

Addictions may be controlled. But AB/DL isn't an addiction in the classic sense.

An addiction is a mental and/or physical dependence on something brought about by the abuse of that said something.

Let's take a look at the common ones:

Gambling: Addicted to endorphins from highs and lows, typically assoc. w/ compulsive personalities

Alcohol: Addicted to alcohol itself from a pain relief, want to lose control perspective

Barbiturates: Addicted to mood improvement (fallacy) and drug itself, etc.

Tobacco: Addicted to nicotine, needed for perceived mood improvement.

Body Building: Addicted to endorphins, see gambling

These all come about because you abuse some chemistry, sometimes even brain chemistry, it forms habit and physical dependency. Diapers look the same, because in detox the body exhibits high anxiety about being deprived of a needed chemical. Diapers, I believe, are actually directly connected to an anxiety disorder started in the sexual formation stage of childhood.

Does this mean, since I try to hike every weekend, I'm addicted to the good feeling that I get when I'm done?

Personally, I'm with the pray away the gay crowd...I think what the OP needs to do is get to a point where he is functioning, probably in diapers anyway.

As for smoking, I can't do it, my nose will swell shut, very uncomfortable. Waking up and smelling my stinky clothes after eating dinner in a bar the night before is disturbing. I'm also uncomfortable with smoking bans...however, I've also gotten upset enough over the kids smoking by the gas pumps and the propane tanks to put a bugs in manager's ears about it after I've gained a little distance.

There's plenty of wierd stuff about smoking....including the fact that beer and smokes keep most of the small stores in my area in business. It's also a big part of car racing. I saw a coworker under 50 die of smoking. His last year was very uncomfortable, and very expensive. For the half-decade I knew him, he was never the rake he was in his youth. It is a felony in West Virginia to have smoking materials with you in the underground coal mines. Everyone dips instead.

I totally agree that this is not necessarily a problem that needs to be fixed. There are cases where this lifestyle and behaviors become a problem, and in these cases things should be dealt with. People can be unhealthily addicted to many things.

I also resonate with the feeling that this part of me may be getting in the way of more constructive aspects of myself. With the time, money, and energy I spend playing with diapers I could be doing a lot of interesting and personally rewarding things. For example, television isn't seen as a problem for most people, although many are addicted unhealthily, even though these same individuals may benefit from spending their time reading a book, or going outside instead. I think it is important to keep in mind that just because a behavior isn't being abused, or harming anyone, doesn't mean that there aren't even better uses for your time and energy - things that would lead to deep personal growth. You can imagine the amount of help you could be doing others if you donated your diaper money to worthy charities instead of indulging. It would be like trying to cut back, or quit, other non-harmful habits like caffeine or television.

I am not trying to get all holier-than-thou, I just wanted to point out that there are motives to quit that aren't just wanting to "deny who you are". Instead, the process of giving up unhealthy behaviors for more healthy behaviors can be deeply rewarding. I recently stopped driving to work and started biking instead - it is great for the exercise and saving money. It would be ridiculous to say that as an American you are denying who you are by not driving a car. Just because you would really like to get laid doesn't mean it is the healthiest thing to go and have risky sex with strangers. There are always better things to do with your time. Moderation is key. It is truly up to the individual to see if any behavior is getting in the way of personal growth. Unhealthy can mean different things for different people. Some people may consider television or coffee to be a bad habit worthy of attention. If someone feels like they would be better off without these behaviors - so be it.

Obviously I am torn about diapers in my own life. I just now bought diapers for the first time in four years. I've always tried to keep the mindset that this is one part of my multifaceted life.

Discuss.