LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are Women More Child Like?

I already touched on this topic in the sissy section, but thought I would make a post about it here, as more of you will probably read it.

The topic started because I was explaining that in the dark old days before I knew where to buy AB clothes, I would just buy regular girls pj's etc. This brings me on to the question:

I wonder why it is that you girls continue to wear baby/child like nightwear all of your life? Think about it, sleepers, fleecy pj's with Winnie the Pooh, nighties with a teddy on etc.

Guys, do you find girls in this stuff sexy? I'm not talking about girls in diapers or with pacis/baby clothes etc. I'm talking about girls in their regular pj's. As they are at a slumber party? For me this is at least as sexy as lingerie.

Beth

Oddly enough, I don't like to wear pj's like that unless I'm in my "baby" mood. I usually wear a t-shirt and shorts to sleep in. I just gave away 2 sets of winnie the pooh style girlie pj's to my SIL because I never wore them.

Now to go along with the title, I still love to color. Maybe it's my baby side coming out in me or maybe it's because I'm more of an artsy person. I don't know. I feel responsible like an adult but also like a child at the same time. (If that makes sense...)

I don't know...I don't think my pajamas are overly childish. For summer I have a few sets with a tank and capri pants that are in bright, summery colors and patterns, but I wouldn't say they're childish. But maybe I'll take a pic later (not now, 'cause I gotta go to work :P ) and you can decide for yourself. And winter...I just wear flannel or fleece pajama pants with a t-shirt or sweatshirt.

I wonder why it is that you girls continue to wear baby/child like nightwear all of your life? Think about it, sleepers, fleecy pj's with Winnie the Pooh, nighties with a teddy on etc.

Guys, do you find girls in this stuff sexy? I'm not talking about girls in diapers or with pacis/baby clothes etc. I'm talking about girls in their regular pj's. As they are at a slumber party? For me this is at least as sexy as lingerie.

Beth

No, guys for the most part don't find this sort of sleepwear sexy. A few might, but overall it's not a sexy garment. I think it appeals more to the person buying it, it's not something a girl typically wears to impress her beau. (Unless you got some ABDL vibes going on, o' course.)

Women are not childlike simply because we have the opportunities to express ourselves as such. We're a variety of things. And this fact happens to be expressed in our sleep attire. Personally I wear a leather jacket and a belt of bullets to bed. I shoot the mattress before getting in, just so everybody's clear about whose boss.

The typical sleepwear uniform is a cute pair of light cotton pants and a tank top. Or a cool shirt that's just too big to wear in a regular outfit. That's your standard nightly girl wear.

I think its seen as more acceptable for women to wear babyish clothing and liking teddy bears, its kinda seen as feminine instead of babyish. I would imagine most men would like to wear baby blue Transformers or He-man pyjamas just like they did when they where children but feel they should like up to there masculinity.

No, guys for the most part don't find this sort of sleepwear sexy. A few might, but overall it's not a sexy garment. I think it appeals more to the person buying it, it's not something a girl typically wears to impress her beau. (Unless you got some ABDL vibes going on, o' course.)

Women are not childlike simply because we have the opportunities to express ourselves as such. We're a variety of things. And this fact happens to be expressed in our sleep attire. Personally I wear a leather jacket and a belt of bullets to bed. I shoot the mattress before getting in, just so everybody's clear about whose boss.

The typical sleepwear uniform is a cute pair of light cotton pants and a tank top. Or a cool shirt that's just too big to wear in a regular outfit. That's your standard nightly girl wear.

Oh Mean Mommy, come on, live a little!

Dump that stupid tank top and get yourself a cute pair of pj's......something with little lambs on them. Get a matching pair of fleecy slippers too.

I know we would all like to see the pics!!

Beth

See, it's not that I WOULDN'T wear them to bed, it's just that usually I'm in whatever t-shirt I wore that night and I throw on a pair of comfy pants that go with anything. Now my hubby isn't really into the who abdl lifestyle, but he finds my "girlie" pj's cute and likes me to wear them.

Personally I wear a leather jacket and a belt of bullets to bed. I shoot the mattress before getting in, just so everybody's clear about whose boss.

:roflmao: You rock, Mean Mommy!

Are women more childlike? I think we have greater opportunities in society to express childlike qualities, but in actuality, I don't believe we are more childlike than men. Men may not wear cute jammies but they love to play with big toys that go boom and rumble and spew smoke. I think you'd find a lot of wives describing their husbands as big kids.

Lets look at it another way. Young boys will wear pj's with cars, trucks, superhero's, cartoon characters etc on them. Go to any Men's department in most stores like wal-mart, target, kohls, and you see pj pants and boxers for men with the same type of designs.

Go to any college dorm and you'll see loads of undergrads wearing these pants around.

Course look at how young children are dressing these days and you see the clothing styles are much the same in the woman's department.

Many of those pj's that you describe are actually made and marketed toward teen age girls it just happens that many woman are the same size, and they are comfortable.

True, there are some societies in which it is the 'norm' for women to act younger, i believe its called kwaii (sp?) in japan? the tendancy for women to act and dress much younger than their years.

However, the way they dress does not imply childishness at all. I think it just shows women like to be comfortable when they get home and finally have time to relax. Just like men put on john deere tractor pj pants, or superman boxers.

I bought myself two pair of footed PJs several months ago. The first pair I bought on eBay after exchanging information about size and such with the seller even knowing that the length would probably be a bit snug on me. (Turns out I was right.) I later bought another pair, this time from an online retailer, and opted for the large size because the small would have been too short on my arm length, but the large is really a bit big for me. The first pair was with Mickey Mouse in various poses and button down with the buttons on the "wrong" side. (I gather this was originally made for women, and women's clothing tends to have buttons on the opposite side of mens, or at least thats what I was told.) The second pair has a collection of colorful jungle animals on it with a zipper going from the top down one of the legs. In the case of the second pair, I had an option when I purchased it to have a tail sewn on teh back, and thought I was tempted because I thought it would look particularly cute, I also was not sure the tail would actually stay on after a lot of use.

To be honest, I wasn't so much concerned with the style as much as I was with the comfort. The first pair was really not as warm as I really wanted it to be. (The fabric was pretty thin.) The second pair was better, but I live in a place where, I swear, the airconditioner and heat seem to be really screwed up, so I find myself often doubling up with the "jungle zipper" on first and the slightly too-small "Mickey Mouse" on over that in the summer. The combination seems to work pretty well, though I'm sure I look just a bit goofy, but as I said, I'm more interested in the comfort than the looks.

True, there are some societies in which it is the 'norm' for women to act younger, i believe its called kwaii (sp?) in japan? the tendancy for women to act and dress much younger than their years.

I believe you are referring to lolita.

"Kawaii" simply means cute.

I peg myself as a broke Gothic Lolita, a loligoth, but with an extra serving of kawaii.

The way Beth brings it up, i do see how women dress more childish in an out of AB experience. It's true, really. The girls get all the childish clothing and some do enjoy wearing it. I'm not saying women are more like children than men, i'm just saying they have the right to express that appeal to them more openly than men do, theoretically.

-Sophie

The way Beth brings it up, i do see how women dress more childish in an out of AB experience. It's true, really. The girls get all the childish clothing and some do enjoy wearing it. I'm not saying women are more like children than men, i'm just saying they have the right to express that appeal to them more openly than men do, theoretically.

-Sophie

That's right Sophie,

I wasn't actually suggesting that women are mentally more childish (the header is misleading, sorry) because for every women with a teddy bear there is a guy with a toy train. I was just talking about the clothes perspective. For instance, a 20 year old woman can go to college and wear a pair of fleecy Winnie the Pooh pj's, just like she had when she was 3 years old. But if a guy of the same age went to college in a pair of fleecy sponge bob pj's, like he had when he was 5, he would get some strange looks.

I came to this conclusion as many years ago, before I could find AB clothes, I found you could more or less get a baby look just by buying women's regular nightwear. No amount of cartoon boxers would have done this.

Beth

I think that in America, women being baby-ish or childish is much more accepted. In men it is defiantely not accepted behaviour in society or media. Even in other countires it seems like the women have to grow up more quickly than in America, taking on more responsibilities, child bearing & such.

i find this thread interesting........

in my experience when it comes to those i know and those couples who i'm witness to around me............it's the women who are usually the more responsible in the relationship...........she may be wearing a hello kitty tshirt...........but she's the one who takes care of the kids, fixes the meals, cleans the house, sees that the bills are paid, shops for her family etc etc.............all after she comes home from work................the guys?.......not all but many after a hard day at work are relaxing on the couch, surfing the web, havin' a beer with their buds, "workin'" on their car in the garage etc.........

been there......and yep.......i was a big looney tunes and winnie the pooh fan...................

maybe it's a midwest thing...or a middle class thing.........and i do know that there are guys who take on a fair share of lifes responsibilities in the relationship......some more...............my Daddy is one of those guys...but in my world......He's a true exception.........

Beth

I dont think that women are more child like just because they can wear clothes with cartoons at any age. Child like is just personallity to me and anyone guy or girl can be more childlike if they wanted to be, everyone has toys they like big kid or little kid still toys to play with. My toys are guitars and electricity. Doesnt sound like that is to childlike but they can be just with alittle more danger.

For the question do some guys find this stuff sexy? I know I find it sexy. I know my wife prefers that I tell her that she is sexy rather than she is cute but I find that cute is sexy. I know her cute stuff is more comfortable than her sexy stuff and I LOVE the cute stuff. SO yes cute is sexy.

:P

I gotta say that mean Mommy nailed it. Going to bed dressed for war is SEXY! Okay, it's a little different, but hey, each to their own. I usually slept in the raw, but that was a couple of years ago, before my bedwetting problem reared it's ugly head.

Now I wear diapers and plastic pants to bed every night (disposable can't handle a night in my case). Before this and sometimes during this period, I have worn footed sleepers, but I have to really be in the "baby" mode.

I own 2 sleepers, and some onsies, but I'm more the DL than AB. I've listed myself as AB because it's easier than trying to explain that I'm a diaper lover, with some AB tendencies (from time to time).It's a different kind of being, being in between.

Mean Mommy nailed it though, maybe I should get sleepers with tanks on them and spray my bed with an M-60 every night just to make sure I don't have any bed bugs.

Yes women get away with wearing more childish apparal than men, but hey, it's cool I don't begrudge them this. It seems to be one of the few perks women get in our society. I mean really, glass ceilings and such, women who have dead beat Dads, who run out on their obligation to raise a child that they have sired. These are only a few challenges women in our society face, so cool, if they want to wear childlike jammies, more power to them.

The girls have a lot that we, as a society don't give them, if they want respect it seems like they have to go out and grab it for themselves. People this is a sad state of affairs, but unfortunately this is the way it is for them. So if you girls want to wear cute footed sleepers, or Winnie the Pooh jammies, then you go ahead and do it.

Peace,

Vic B)

Going to bed dressed for war? You've been playing Tomb Raider too much Vic, lol.

Only joking, but there was a recent survey here in the UK that asked men to name their ideal woman. The top answer was lara Croft, no not the movie version, the game version!! People were like, how can that be your ideal woman......she's a drawing!!

I find the most interesting thing on this thread is that so many American men have said that American women are more child like than say a European women. To be honest, I don't find the American women in my family any different to British women......seriously, I don't.

It makes me wonder if it is just one of those cultural myths. For instance, I've been told by American women that British guys like myself are more of a gentleman than an American guy, but here in the UK most British women would say it's the other way around, and they prefer the manners of a guy from the States.......in other words it's all crap, lol.

Beth