LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This is really two questions in one post. Forgive me for being such a lazy git, but it's midnight and I have to get up at 5am for work.

1) I've seen lots of you comment on the embarrassment you feel when taking diapers to a sales assistant/cashier. However, which do you find the most embarrassing, being served by a guy, a gal, or either?

2) I've also noticed that lots of shops in the US sell footed sleepers. Obviously these are mainly for women, but guys (non AB) seem to wear them too (check out the jumpin jammerz site). Or is this not the case?

In Britain shops don't sell them, if they did I'm sure women would buy them, but guys........no way! Not unless they had AB tendencies.

Nighty night *Waves*

Beth

It dosen't bother me who takes my money when I buy diapers, around here it's mostly women in that position of a drug store, most times if I go to walmart I use the self checkout line and there is no one there but the person assigned to watch those registers usually has to much to do to see what your buying.

Thats not true about the sleepers, they are made mostly for childern, boys and girls and some stores like target, have them for women, only sites like jumpin jammers has them for adults, I myself have been wearing boys and girls sleepers since I was a teen.

Do you not want to be warm, thats why I wear sleepers, once you have slep in a pair you won't want to sleep any other way, or at least I don't, I'm more of a DL than an AB and just like to be warm.

Of course you need to be a smaller person to fit into boys sleepers, but most people will fit in to the womens they run large in width, but short in height, so you need to buy a larger size than you actuly need.

Try some sometime you will enjoy them, but there very addicting you won't want to sleep without them...

Sooo having been a cashier at numerous different types of stores... i know the mindset of a cashier... half the time we dont even pay attention to what we are scanning, and since we've scanned practically every item the store sells, it doesn't phase us one bit if people buy diapers and wipes together.. i mean heck if ur wearing diapers, you're gonna need wipes...

so those of you who are embarassed dont be.... 99% of cashiers out there wont pay attention, and if they do notice, they've forgotten about it by the next customer..

consequently, i'm not embarassed when i buy em at all...

as for the second question... i wish i had a pair of footie pj's.. actualy had a post about this as i'm a tall and bigger woman, i can't seem to find footed pj's in my size in womens styles at all, the only ones are like camoflauge and other 'masculine' prints which are not what i'm looking for. All the cute ones are made for shorter, and smaller men and women.

I get equally embarassed with different clerk genders for different reasons. Females i think they're analyzing me and calling me a baby in their head, in a teasing manner. Guys i think are making fun of me in their head. It's a natural thought sequence when it happens, and i get embarassed no matter who is ringing me up. Mommy buys the diapers now. I always have to go with her, but it's not so bad with her at my side.

I actually DID get a pair of footy pjs from Target. XL fit me. They are a bit tight, but for 10 bucks in comparison to the fourty you'd need to get them online, i can live with it. I'm gonna buy a new sleeper soon, a bigger one, but this does well for now. It's also super super adorable. Light blue, pink clouds and stars... i love it. It's the first AB outfit i purchased.

-Sophie

i prefer to be rung up by a female cashier. i feel more sympathy or indifference from women (depending on her age and whether or not they think it's for me or if i'm a caretaker, etc), while with a lot of men i feel eyes boring in to my skull or something along those lines. though like it's been said, 90 percent of the time the cashier will barely notice or care what you're purchasing.

and: i'd love some footie pj's, but i get so hot and antsy when i'm sleeping that i don't think i could possibly survive a full night wearing them. still, they're cute and i've oogled them at target quite a few times.

Good questions.

#1 No embarrassment so it doesn't matter if it's male, female or a wookie ringing me up.

#2 Most footed sleepers in larger sizes in stores are for Women, boys tend to outgrow them when they hit the stage where they don't want to be seen as childish. Present company excluded of course

Hugs,

Freta

Sooo having been a cashier at numerous different types of stores... i know the mindset of a cashier... half the time we dont even pay attention to what we are scanning, and since we've scanned practically every item the store sells, it doesn't phase us one bit if people buy diapers and wipes together.. i mean heck if ur wearing diapers, you're gonna need wipes...

so those of you who are embarassed dont be.... 99% of cashiers out there wont pay attention, and if they do notice, they've forgotten about it by the next customer..

consequently, i'm not embarassed when i buy em at all...

as for the second question... i wish i had a pair of footie pj's.. actualy had a post about this as i'm a tall and bigger woman, i can't seem to find footed pj's in my size in womens styles at all, the only ones are like camoflauge and other 'masculine' prints which are not what i'm looking for. All the cute ones are made for shorter, and smaller men and women.

Have you tried jumpin jammerz? They do lots of baby type prints, cheap too.......some are in the sale for $40 a pair. Even with postage to the UK this makes them cheaper than the $150 per pair we have to pay over here.

Beth

i've tried pretty much all the mainstream webistes, jumpin jammerz, big foot pj's etc...etc... because i am almost 6 feet tall, with wide shoulders and heavy, the only sizes that would actually fit me comfortably on those sites are the male sizes, because of my height.... the plus sizes for women are not made for people over 5 10 really.... and a lot of the cute designs i can never find in plus sizes at all.. so alas, i will go footie pj-less....

i've tried pretty much all the mainstream webistes, jumpin jammerz, big foot pj's etc...etc... because i am almost 6 feet tall, with wide shoulders and heavy, the only sizes that would actually fit me comfortably on those sites are the male sizes, because of my height.... the plus sizes for women are not made for people over 5 10 really.... and a lot of the cute designs i can never find in plus sizes at all.. so alas, i will go footie pj-less....

I just checked the Jumpin Jammerz site they have sizes up to Xlarge ( 6'7" 260lbs) and many "Girlie" Prints in stock. ;)

i dont know what site i've been going to but its a completely different looking site than the one i just got when i typed in jumpinjammerz now... did they redo it recently? or maybe i was just typing it wrong and getting inadvertantly directedsomewhere else

I think there usually is a slight bit of embaressment or funny feeling when buying diapers, even if it's a nervouse excitement at knowing a clerk probably thinks the diapers are for you. I think usually store clerks don't even care. The clerks in medical supply stores are a bit different because it's usually just a one on one experience when they come up to you and ask if they can help you find anything. I do thing women are more easy and helpful when it comes to asking quesitions about diapers or other products. It might just be their nature to be more helpful about things like that. Anyway, for me I think it's easier to talk about diapers in a medical supply store with a woman other than a man, and age dosn't matter much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beth,

I'm long past worrying about how the store clerks feel, I used to be soooo paranoid about what they were thinking, I started buying my diapers at around 13. Now the only thing that still concerns me is running into a co-worker while I'm buying them. I live about 8 blocks from work and many of my co-workers also live in the same area. I had to give up my car last year so going for a drive to get them isn't an option any more.

I really want to get some footed sleepers, and I think we're going to order from Marci at ForeverAKid.com someday. I've never seen footed pj's in the stores here, but I have a lot of cute 2 piece pj sets and short nighties that work for me.

*huggles*

Michelle

I personally feel that life is too short to care what others think of you, or to live your life for what others feel you should or should not be doing. My daddy loves me and accepts all of who I am and I feel the same for him. I don't tell most people about my AB side as I feel that it's very personal, I would like to meet other AB's, but it's not something that I would just talk about with someone unless they are already into it.

Ageplay as in Daddy/little girl is much more common in our group so I tend to regress to that level and keep the baby girl at home.

Somewhere in my mid-twenties I started to realize that I don't need to live for other people and that my life is mine to do with as I please and damn anyone else that tries to tell me different :) Though it took until I was closer to 30 for that to fully sink in.

*huggles*

Michelle