LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Here Comes The Heat.....and Sweaty Diapers

dl247

Well, out here in Cali it is really starting to get hot, and that means changing more frequent and watching out for diaper rash! I get kind of irritated when I change and then go outside, and have to change right away cause of the sweat.

Is it just me or do others have the same issues?

Try cloth diapers with snap side plastic pants. The snap side pants let air in. Snap side pants are OK if you are sitting or standing. If you are in bed, snap side pants leak.

I am in Florida. Cloth diapers are much cooler.

Well, out here in Cali it is really starting to get hot, and that means changing more frequent and watching out for diaper rash! I get kind of irritated when I change and then go outside, and have to change right away cause of the sweat.

i have to say, before i was a DL i loved the cold, something about being able to dress for the weather and be comfortable is the way to go for me, but i live in kansas, where it is a frikin oven, its like the asshole of the U.S. and it just ate a bunch of jalapenoes from a mexican resturaunt(no offense), but i do mostly stick to diaper wearing in my house, i have only wandered into the abyss of the so called world in diapers on a few ocasions. ^_^

I suffer from heat rash when it gets hot and it really itches. Luckily I live at the beach so it doesn't get too hot. I am a full time diaper wearer and when it starts to really get hot I walk down to the beach for a swim. I usually wear a spring type wetsuit so it isn't too much of a shock on my old body.

The salt water seems to have a good effect on my heat rash and it goes away in a couple of days.

The other think I do to cool down is go sailing on my sailboat. 1/2 mile out and the temperature drops about 10 to 15 degrees.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Texas and work outside and its to hot to wear a diaper to work its so unfair, sweaty diapers are the worse.

Especially if you wear abri-form x-plus those diapers seem to be horrible when your sweating real bad.

Here in college station its 95 F right now and its not a very hot day.

I'm in Cal too. The heat was ridiculous last weekend. This is about the time of year that I switch to the cloth covered disposables. The Abena's at least are much cooler than the plastic covered diapers I wear. If I wear a plastic covered diaper to bed I wake up having sweat so much its like I wet myself.

This summer I just started wearing cloth... and it is a huge help. I was shocked by how comfortable it is despite all the heat. I still love disposables, so I juggle between the two.

I really encourage folks to try cloth if you're suffering from the sweat. Yes, cleanup is a royal pain, but it will get you through the summer comfy.

Another thing you can do when wearing disposables is to tuck your shirt in on your bottom. Even using a pair of underwear as a pad will help soak up the sweat.

I've been occasionally wearing the Abena Air-Plus diapers to beat the heat and sweat. But, I miss that crinkly feeling too much, so, in order to still enjoy wearing the plastic backed diapers, I decided to try something that may help others too. Cooling =^_^=

Ok, so, I've actually placed diapers in my freezer before wearing them and it's an awesome feeling - especially with the hot weather. The problem is, your body heat quickly neutralizes the coolness and soon enough you're hot and sweaty in your diaper again. So, how could you keep the diaper cool, longer? The answer, ice blankets. Everyone must have seen "Blue Ice" before right? Rubbermaid makes sheets of this product - they are like gel packets. I bought a package of them, cut the sheet into three strips, and place the strip inside the diaper. Next, and this is important, I always use a large diaper booster (Abri-Let Max), and place that over the ice strip. You need to do this otherwise you're gonna get an ice "burn". The booster acts as enough insulation to prevent the ice from being too cold, while keeping the inside of the diaper nice and cool.

I've been doing this for about a week, and so far, it's really helped. I can wear plastic backed diapers in the heat and still be fine. You can even sit in the diaper without breaking the ice packets (at least none have broken for me yet). They are non-toxic, and a sheet costs about 3 bucks - so it's a cheap solution too. Anyways, I thought I'd share this lil tidbit of knowledge, and I'm curious if anyone else has ever tried this before. Hope it works for some of you too ^_^

Stay cool ^.-

A little off-topic, but I've wanted a reason to share this story. :) In August 2004, John Kerry appeared at a rally at the Capitol building in Harrisburg, PA. It was extremely hot and humid, and I knew I wouldn't be able to stand in a crowd for hours at a time without needing to pee. But on the other hand, I didn't want to lose my spot OR wear a diaper that I knew would quickly get sweaty and uncomfortable. What to do? Well, I brought a Tena Super with me (cloth-covered and thick), thinking I might change into it later, but once I parked at a garage, the diaper stayed in the car. After several hours of snaking through lines, I finally file into an open area at the back of the Capitol, jammed together with thousands of other people, and get a pretty good spot at the fence...given that I was nowhere near the head of the line and wasn't a VIP. A short time later, the bladder contractions start. It's starting to get dark, and everyone is so close together that no one would have the perspective to notice...so I just pee my pants. There's a short odor of pee, which quickly vanishes. The rally ends and I start walking to my car, with the crowd all around me...so I'm self conscious about checking myself. When I finally get the chance...I'm totally dry. Loved the heat after all!

I'm from Scotland and today on this fine summer day it is 14 degrees Celsius and raining :o

It doesn't really get hot for long here so that's not a problem! I've never really worn a nappy somewhere hot. When I was in Florida I did pee my pants on purpose and they were dry so quickly it was amazing!!

its been quite muggy here in western pennsylvania... but i never get the rash despite being pissy all the time and... is it just me or do sweaty diapers pack an extra erotic punch (like medline supers and depends pullons myself)? i like to change other boyz when it gets hot :wub: