LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The One Post To Either Start It Or End It.

Exactly what is the point of this whole Classification debate thing going on between members of the AB/DL community? Those who are DLs and nothing more are taking point to make sure that they are not called ABs or infantalists. Those who are AB really don't care since they have the whole piece of the pie. And the minorities of the community such as the furries, gays, trans, bdsm, or are just incon. Are taking huge steps to make sure that all of their voices are heard to let everyone know exactly what they are. Well, you are whatever the F$%& you want to be, it doesn't matter whether you're inbetween Dl and AB (such as myself and many others), or a huge conglomerate mix of a little bit of everything. I've stated this in a post in the incon forum under a back dated post with something to do with hypnosis and incontinents; that we are all part of one community. That community is the Ab/Dl community, and with the way things are appearing, we're warring within ourselves to make each branch of the community it's own entity. I kind of feel sorry for DailyDi for having to put up with all this crap that we're all posting and taking a wonderful piece of work that he put together to bring us all together and throwing it all away and bringing it into a civil war. I guess the one thing I'm getting at is that the WHOLE forum is for EVERYBODY, the whole AB/DL COMMUNITY.

Speaking of which, I think there should be a seperate discussion under this forum involving those who wish to become incontinent, just so they stop posting in the 'incontinent' forum, because honestly, that's just breaking grounds of morality. But after that, I feel this community is complete, it has everything it could ever need as far as divisions. I however am not a fan of the new DL only forum since it only adds as a divider between Dls and the rest of the community which can be held here in the General discussions forum. I feel that the reason DLs wanted a seperate forum is because the ABs have the 'baby talk' forum, but that's only really to take the broken english and 'baby talk' away from the eyes of those who don't care for the Ab part of the community and those who don't like the see english being destroyed. With the furrys and bdsm, there really isn't enough in the community to kick of a series of conversation like the general discussions forum, but as it is a seperate branch with something to do with Ab/Dl, it makes sense that it's in existence and in a seperate block from the top few forums.

So as I conclude my post, I would like to state that I hope this brings a bit of thought to everyone so every post doesn't turn into a flamewar over Abs, Dls, or those that are just incontinent and here for support and wish to gather ideas and make friends in the community. And on another note to sexual orientation and classification, this is the internet. If your mind says you're female but your body says male then you're whatever you want to be, don't let it get you down, atleast you have a place where you can be who you are. I'd say the same for gays, but you're already widely accepted throught society and the Ab/Dl community, so there's really not much I can say on that. So umm, yea, that's about it. I just simply stated something that I thought needed to be posted as it has been bugging me and I'm sure it's been bugging many of you other active posters out there and probably DailyDi more so than any of us. So thoughts, opinions, criticism, flames, grammar nazis, all welcome. Please, no debates though, I am so tired of reading it.

Oh, and a hi-five to the first person who says "=ghasp= THERE'S PIE?!!" in refference to third sentence in the first paragraph.

I don't think anyone takes the ABDL thing to heart. No one really gets offended. Im a DL but if someone called me an AB or something, no big deal. I think ABDL is pretty good for describing us.

What I really want to know is.... How come ive posted in the san diego thread and you pctrasher haven't posted in there lol. Im 19 almost 20 living in san diego. I thought I was the only one based on the responses from that. Anyway feel free to pm me if you wana chat.

With so many differences in the human race, the first step after questioning, "WHO am I?", logically (and historically) has always been, "Categorise me!" People LOVE to be categorised and classified, directly, and inversely proportionate to how much they complain about the same -- "Don't box me in, m*therf*cker!" The truth is, none of us know more about what it is that we want than the next. It's just a general state of . . PANDAMONIUM! (Oh man, who else thinks that should be the name of the next radioactive element?) I mean, ABs are DLs, but DLs don't wanna be ABs, and . . It's just a mess!

I'm pretty sure in the early days of homosexuality, they fought and bickered like this, too -- Some could pitch, some only catch, some pitch AND catch and some just like the crust but not the filling, but don't you DARE offer any of them a hotdog at your bbq because it's "just rude".

My point is, while I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for all the phylums and families, we ALL share a commonality, which bears a strict association on how we interact with ourselves and others. Would you believe a Cheetah if he told you he wasn't a Cheetah, but in fact, was raised by wolves, so he's actually a Barbarus Streisandus hybrid panther? I didn't think so. A Cheetah is a Cheetah is a Cheetah, and that's just how it is.

Now, can I have some pie, or what? Bacon and eggs doesn't sound nearly as good as pie right now, so if you would point me in the right direction. . .

As I've said before in other forums on this subject, I dont feel that the need to create further labels at all is necessary. I think the AB/DL overarching label we've had basically since the community was formed is more than sufficient for anything. As I've also said, it represents two sides of the same coin, the infantilistic side, and the more sexually oriented diaper loving side. You can be all of one, all of the other, or somewhere in between and STILL be a part of the overall community. The more we add new labels, the more we isolate members of the group.

That said, I don't think its a horrible idea to provide places for members of the community with different interests to talk just among those with similar likes. We have this section of the forum for everyone as a whole. There's the DL section for those interests, and the baby talk section for those that want to explore that side. Its just like any other forum that might have different sections for people who like fishing, reading, or model building. It helps keep things organized.

These debates will never end. Its human nature to want to classify oneself within the community as a whole. Where the danger comes is if we allow the debate on classification to break down the walls of the community in our contention. We must avoid that at all costs. Regardless of the differences we see, we are more alike that we know. We may have different interests, but there are many things that tie us all together too.

<Sits down and eats his pie. Cherry. With a little bit of whipped cream.>

<Sits down and eats his pie. Cherry. With a little bit of whipped cream.>

MMMM, Pie!

I don't know, I think it's okay to cater to differing interests. Sometimes you want to talk about diapers without hearing about pacifiers or bottles, etc. Daily Di does well bringing everybody together (including incontinents) -- but in a large group, sometimes it's nice to split into a smaller group from time to time.

Some may not agree or understand the reasons for designations of AB or DL but here is my views on the subject and the reason why I feel it's relavent to have separate designations. I think a lot of people will agree that most ABers are also DL's too. On the other hand, many DL's do not like roll play, acting like babies, wearing baby clothes, mommies or daddies, sissy's, etc. From my standpoint, I post that I am a DL in my profile information to both save me and someone else some possible bad feelings. Although I would probably not be too upset if someone who was AB messaged me talking about being babied and such, the possibility would be there, especially if I was asked to be his "daddy" and change his diapers. Likewise that person might be upset or at the minimum, feel somewhat uneasy at discussing his AB desires with someone who is not at all into AB stuff. Having separate catagories or designations like AB and DL help others look for friends or relationships in areas that have like minded people. Hey, a Dolphin is a Porpose but a Porpose isn't necessarily a Dolphin. That's one reason why in life different things are refined into catagories. I don't see the need to lable people into 20 different refined catagories as far as AB or DL tendencies, but I think AB, DL, Sissy and Incontinent are all justifiable as separate catagories to help us interact with others of our own specific likes as part of our individual diaper desires.

I agree that there needs to be a place for people who want to be incontinent to post. What us incontinent people get upset about is when they invade our section of the forum asking those questions. If they really want an answer to something they should search the forum first and then post it in the ab part or dl but that really isn't a perfect solution. I agree we all have a cliques and we just want to discuss things with like minded people. I don't think you should be afraid of saying such because its very true. I agree that what DailyD does for us people shouldn't be so quick to flame but the world's not perfect. I know I'll work at it but thats all I can promise.

Just my 2 cents

so, while i too feel the ab/dl does a relatively good job of describing a large majority of the population, just as glbt does a relatively good job of encompassing the large majority of those who identify, ab/dl leaves out those who are mommys, daddy's, aunties, uncles, and any other 'caretaker' label you care to give them... there are many caretakers who are definitely not ab, and are not dl's in the sense they do not enjoy wearing diapers. Many only enjoy when another is being a baby... and this does or does not have to include diapers.

personally, i'm not a dl, i'm an ab, who only likes diapers because they are part of being a baby, but i can be ab with or without diapers, and i dont like diapers on their own.

humans have, since the beginning of civilization, and most likely before that, sought to categorize everything in our lives, just like said above . Even the "i'm different just like everybody else" crowd, still tries to categorize themselves by saying "i am not in any category" which puts you into the "i'm not in any category" category.. sucks doesn't it? lol...

anyway... just wanted to add that about the mommy's and daddy's... when talking labels, dont for get about them!

From the words of Rodney King..... "Can't we all just get along?"

Ridiculous.... its stupid....not to mention childish.... and I have seen people who are DL's get upset if, God Forbid, someone says they are AB.... honestly who cares.... I could careless if your AB, DL, daddy, furry, mommy, ...blah blah blah....

I think it shouldn't be called AB /DL... it should just be called Diaper Community.... because whether you are AB, DL, mommy, daddy...whatever....everyone loves diapers in one way or another...whether they like to wear themselves or make others wear for them....

So AB/DL community out... Diaper Community in.....

So now that we got that settled..... shut up about it already.....lol

From the words of Rodney King..... "Can't we all just get along?"

Ridiculous.... its stupid....not to mention childish.... and I have seen people who are DL's get upset if, God Forbid, someone says they are AB.... honestly who cares.... I could careless if your AB, DL, daddy, furry, mommy, ...blah blah blah....

I think it shouldn't be called AB /DL... it should just be called Diaper Community.... because whether you are AB, DL, mommy, daddy...whatever....everyone loves diapers in one way or another...whether they like to wear themselves or make others wear for them....

So AB/DL community out... Diaper Community in.....

So now that we got that settled..... shut up about it already.....lol

well, not all ABs love diapers, some just want to be babied and don't care about diapers at all. it's the same with the gay community, i guess. any gay group is going to be labeled something like "GLBTQ" or whatever so they can fit all the little categories into it, same thing really. ABDL, whatever :lol:

What does it matter what we label ourselves as? I am growing tired of seeing all these darn threads trying to discuss what we are. I thought it had been figured out a thread or three ago... I guess this is just one of those legendary threads I suppose....

Legendarythread.jpg

Added a forum for those who WANT to be incontinent, and clarified the medical forum to distinguish them.

You sure do a lot for this community DailyDi, I can't express how thankful I am for what you have brought us here.

~Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, sorry for not following up on my thread any sooner, I've been out of town and stuff and didn't even get to read the first response until a few minutes ago. But I do have to say, I'm surprised that I didn't get flamed at all for it since I think I came across inoffensive in an offending way (sp?). But it's true, we're all one community and where we all have different classification, we all laugh, joke, and cry and get mad about the same things here. All this despite the 'human touch" and natural classification.

Oh, and thanks DailyDi for adding the 'Want to be incon' forum, that should keep those posts away from incon forum where all they do is offend. Yet, more progress has been made, you truely do a lot for this community.