LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Favorite Football Team

Are we talkin' football? Or Football? I'm partial to the Tottenham Spurs, for one. As for the other, my lovable losers, the AZ Cardinals.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

"The Tottenham Spurs" :D that killed me! It's either Tottenham Hotspur (if you're from London it's pronounced Tot-nem) or just Spurs for short.

The Tottenham Spurs, you come out with some classics Heidi. :D:D

I support Arsenal (which if you are from London is pronounced Ars-nall) they are the North London rivals of The Tott, I mean Spurs!!

Until we moved to a new ground (Stadium) recently, they called our old ground (Highbury) the Highbury Library (Implying that our team are boring.) And we call their ground (White Hart Lane) Shite Heart lane (Implying that they are, well you get the idea!)

Ahh, we just love them!

Beth

I've noticed lots of you guys don't seem to support your local team, but one from another state. I would have thought someone from NY would support the Giants and so on.

The Browns may suck, but don't they look cute in those little doggy ears, lol. :D

Beth

I for one support my homestate football team... Pittsburgh Steelers.... always have since I was a kid... unfortunatly I live in Oregon now which doesn't have an NFL team but had to adopt the Seachickens from Seattle.... errrr I mean... Seahawks....

GO STEELERS!!!

While on the subject of sport, can any of you guys give me a simple explanation of baseball? (through PM if you like)

Do all the guys that bat also run?

What about the guys that pitch, do they have to bat/run too?

How does the scoring work?

I've read a couple of baseball biogs, but I don't understand the stats.

Beth

While on the subject of sport, can any of you guys give me a simple explanation of baseball? (through PM if you like)

Do all the guys that bat also run?

What about the guys that pitch, do they have to bat/run too?

How does the scoring work?

I've read a couple of baseball biogs, but I don't understand the stats.

Beth

Yes Beffy, the batters all run. If they should get a hit. If the pitcher issues them four balls, they walk. To first base. Some strut. ( I would, if I had four balls... Wouldn't you? :lol: ) Then they run, should the next batter get a hit or they're able to steal second base and get into scoring position. I know nothing of cricket, but I've a feeling the rudiments are basically the same. In the National League, the pitchers all hit for themselves, unless they're pitching in a losing cause or tie game, in which the manager will usually pull them from the line-up in favor of using a "pinch" hitter in the pitcher's spot of the batting order. Pitchers are notoriously bad hitters. Now, in the American League, they take that equation out of the picture and have what they call a "designated hitter". So, pitchers don't hit in the AL. Don't like that idea much. But that's why they make chocolate and vanilla, isn't it? Different strokes. :lol: A team scores when their runner(s) reaches "Home Plate" safely. That is, Not called "out" by a force play at the plate or tagged with the ball by a defensive player, usually the catcher, at home. ("Home" is fourth base, actually. I love the phrase they use, "Safe at Home". Safe. You're home! You're safe! Ahhhhh...) I hope this dissertation brings some clarity to your understanding of the "Great American Pastime". Clear as mud, no doubt. Baseball is a complex sport. But if you're a baseball fan, you relish every nuance the sport offers.

I hesitate to explain stats to you. as this would probably take up a few dozen pages and cause DD a great deal of bandwidth problems. So, at a later date, OK? Maybe if you could identify a particular stat you don't understand?

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: What the devil is a googalie? I think it's a cricket term. But my parents and I as a child used that word when referring to a BM. As in, "Ohhhhh, mommy! I made googalie!"

south dakota dont have pro team lol, the closest team to me would be the minn. vikings lol an i dont like em lol

My fav NFL Team is the Oakland RAiders ^_^ 4th round draft mcfadden=Pimp lols

College football team = SDSU jackrabbits but they are only like Div 2 i think

Big School college fav team THe minnesota Golden Gophers

College Wrestling = Minnesota Golden Gophers

lol imma sports nut

YOU KNOW THAT CURIOUS HAS TO CHIME IN ON THIS ONE! :) WOOT!

FIRST AND FOREMOST- THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!

SECONDLY- the CINCINNATI BENGALS are my NFL TEAM But I am such a football NUT that I like about any NFL TEAM except the DAMN CLEVELAND BROWNS! OMG! GROSS!

SO!!! I guess what Im sayin is...

O-H

huggles and kissies and LOTS OF "I MISS U" LOVE, :wub:

CURIOUS :D

ROFL! GREAT TEAMS?! HAHAHAAH I can tell ur NOT from Ohio! They are a great embarrassment is what they are! OMG! But, this year, they DO have a lil hope (very little but still)! OMG PLZ dont embarrass me this year BROWNIEHEIMERS! And they are IN Ohio yes, but they LEFT OHIO at one point which made me dislike them EVEN MORE if that was at all possible. Then they expect to come back and act like they never left? I dont think so!

Bethany, If u dont know anything about baseball (the great American pasttime) how do u know about American Football and who the greatest teams of all time are? Just "CURIOUS"!

Take care!

ROFL! GREAT TEAMS?! HAHAHAAH I can tell ur NOT from Ohio! They are a great embarrassment is what they are! OMG! But, this year, they DO have a lil hope (very little but still)! OMG PLZ dont embarrass me this year BROWNIEHEIMERS! And they are IN Ohio yes, but they LEFT OHIO at one point which made me dislike them EVEN MORE if that was at all possible. Then they expect to come back and act like they never left? I dont think so!

Bethany, If u dont know anything about baseball (the great American pasttime) how do u know about American Football and who the greatest teams of all time are? Just "CURIOUS"!

Take care!

When I said they were one of the great teams I was talking about in general NFL history, not at present. They were the single great team of the 50s and one of the great teams of the 60s. They've also had some of the great players of all time, but again many years back! I admit they haven't been that good in the last few decades, lol. :D

I got into football when I was taken to see the Raiders play the Oilers, I think it was in 1980, before they moved to LA anyway. I've watched the NFL on TV every season since about 83 and been to Raiders games every season since about 94, including traveling to some away games. I also have stacks of NFL books and memorabilia.

Back in the late eighties I also tried out for a couple of teams in what was then called the Budweiser League (basically an English American Football League.)

I don't know anything about baseball, because I've never really been interested and never watched a game. I was asking about it because I was given a couple of baseball books, one about Babe Ruth and the other about the Brooklyn Dodgers (later LA) but because I don't know about baseball, I didn't understand the significance of the stats. Wouldn't mind finding out more though and maybe going to a game when I'm over again.

Beth :littleangel:

Ah yes, Football. The TRUE American pastime.

As any good boy born, bred, and raised (at least in spirit) in that City of Steel will know, there IS no team that shines brighter in our hearts than the beloved Pittsburgh Steelers. Even though football is not the primary sport I follow (ice hockey here) the world stops on Sunday afternoons, especially in January, in Pittsburgh. You can go anywhere in the Pittsburgh area, and find the game either on TV or over the radio. We live, breathe, and die the Steelers.

And Beth, the reason there is so much hate for the Browns out there is twofold. First, they haven't done jack since the mid 70's. They just suck that much, as I'm sure you know. Second, they arn't the real Browns anymore.....the history that goes with the name rightfully belongs to the Ravens now. The only reason they got to keep the name at all is because the city threw up such a stink with Art Model moved the team that the NFL was forced to promise them an expansion team with the original name. The fact that some Cleveland Browns fans are among the most obnoxious on Earth doesnt help either.

Now to win the topic...

New England Patriots.

(Please feel free to direct all jokes about losing the super bowl to the other 3 championships we won this decade. Also feel free to direct all jokes about cheating to Curious. Not because she did anything to deserve it, but mostly because I haven't seen her in a while..and because Ohio State is just a silly team to cheer for.)

Speaking of football: Where is the banter amongst our UK members discussing the upcoming UEFA final match between Chelsea and Man U? I must say that, overall, UK premiership teams were outstanding this round of the UEFA series.

As for my favorite American football teams:

NFL: Currently none. I just love to watch the game, whomever is playing. I do admit to admiring the old Steel Curtain days of the Pittsburgh Steelers from the 70's though. Bradshaw, Swann, Ham, Lambert, Bleier, Harris...what a team! I doubt the NFL will ever see a team that was quite like that one.

College: Gotta support the alma mater: Univ. of Hawaii Warriors. I'll be attending a game at Aloha Stadium this December. Will see the Wisconsin Badgers.

Now to win the topic...

New England Patriots.

(Please feel free to direct all jokes about losing the super bowl to the other 3 championships we won this decade. Also feel free to direct all jokes about cheating to Curious. Not because she did anything to deserve it, but mostly because I haven't seen her in a while..and because Ohio State is just a silly team to cheer for.)

ROFL! YAYYYYY SAO! I MISS U! HAHAHAHAHAHAH! U always crack me up! See ya later...Remember SPYGATE *cough* *cough* Cheaters *cough*

Huggles and kissies and lots of love,

CURIOUS :D

ROFL!