LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Little Subversion

This post can sort of go two ways, ether you think that doing little things that sort of make the general public more aware is a good thing, if so why? And feel free to mention any fun ways of doing so (letting people get a glimpse of you with you dummy/pacifier in as you go about, to, writing in to on-line advice pages with AB/DL related problems)

Or you think that doing such a thing is silly or wrong, if so... so and why?

Wearing diapers is a stigma that I know will subside substantially in time. I mean, look at all the Depends and Goodnites on store shelves...somebody wears them. I got teased the first day I walked into school wearing glasses, but the next day nobody cared.

With that in mind, yeah, I've gradually gotten bolder (or just more nonchalant) about my diapers. I don't tuck in my shirt (or wear a longer shirt, or wear an undershirt than can be tucked in) unless it makes fashion sense. I'll change myself in any public restroom, anywhere. A couple times I've walked into gas stations with the diaper just folded up in my hand. I buy a lot of my diapers at Wal-Mart, and booster pads at some other local stores.

Now I don't flaunt myself, and still get a little queasy buying them at the store on a busy Saturday afternoon...but if I need something done, I get it done. Diapers should be treated no different than any other undergarment, anything else one might buy at a pharmacy, or anything else one might need to do in a restroom. The more the public encounters ordinary people using diapers, the faster and greater they'll be desensitized.

I don't expect the above is actually much effort in the grand scheme of things, but it's something. And I do think the Lisa Nowak incident was a good thing...at least for everyone who needs/likes diapers. You can't buy that kind of publicity. :)

Good for you depends4me. AB/DL's like you are the ones who will help make it acceptable. If you wear your diapers and do't go out of your way to hide them OR flaunt them, people will see them and probably not think it is a big deal. These threads usually start a flame war, but..... This is my opinion. If you feel the need to suck a binky or dress as a baby in public and cause a scene, you aren't trying to get us accepted. You are trying to get attention for yourself. So, yeah I think what cid is suggesting is silly and wrong.

I don't go around flaunting my diapers, but like others have said, I don't go out of my way to hide them either. I change when I need too, I buy products without shame and if someone asks if I am wearing a diaper, I tell them the truth. I suppose it's easier in a way being incontinent - to talk about it - but at the same time I have to wear 24/7 and not just when the situation is right.

Writing in to advice columns is probably a great way to spread the word about WHY we wear diapers - so long as you aren't writing into conservative columns you know won't accept us.

I don't go around flaunting my diapers, but like others have said, I don't go out of my way to hide them either. I change when I need too, I buy products without shame and if someone asks if I am wearing a diaper, I tell them the truth. I suppose it's easier in a way being incontinent - to talk about it - but at the same time I have to wear 24/7 and not just when the situation is right.

Writing in to advice columns is probably a great way to spread the word about WHY we wear diapers - so long as you aren't writing into conservative columns you know won't accept us.

I think the public is rapidly getting bored with criminals in diapers....I see a big difference in accepting that someone has to wear diapers for medical reasons and accepting them as needed for psychological reasons.

As long as you act like the issue is medical, I don't think anyone is going to bother you...that is with a mix of a certain amount of embarrassement and practicality...

Dill Pickle

If you feel the need to suck a binky or dress as a baby in public and cause a scene, you aren't trying to get us accepted. You are trying to get attention for yourself

I disagree with this to an extent. I use my binky in public at times, and i may dress slightly childish - think overalls or lightup shoes, or a Disney character shirt. I do this because it feels right to me (and at times my binky is the only way for me to calm down), not to attract attention. So the above quote is not correct in all cases.

I have gotten a few "Huh?" confused type glances because of my binky and/or clothing, but no one's ever bothered me about it, because I don't shove it in people's faces. I simply act like there's nothing unusual about my bnky or what I have on.

However those AB's/DL's that DO shove it in people's faces (by this i mean generally disrupting the peace (for example with a massive temper tantrum), harassment, or even stalking) really need to stop shoving it.

- Moogle

All of this reminds me of the 'Only gay in the village' (UK comedy show, you guys in the States probably don't see it). Anyway, it's about a gay guy that lives in a small village of about a 100 people, he is indeed 'the only gay in the village'. He dresses and acts totally camp (so much so, that it would actually embarrass any real gay person), and constantly complains about how hard it is being the only gay person, and how nobody in the village understands. But then, when a couple more gay guys move in he gets bitter. The truth is, he liked the attention, and now he is just one of many and nobody is interested.

Me personally, I don't care if a stranger knows I'm wearing a diaper, lots of people do (although it always makes me laugh when I buy them over the counter and the person, wraps them in about 3 bags to hide them from other customers. Anyone would think I had just purchased a kg of cocaine). As for dressing as a baby girl in public, I will wear girls t shirts, my pink Nike etc, and in the old days when my hair was really long (I'm into hard rock) I would wear girls hairbands. But I'll limit it to that.

Take care guys

Bethany

Dressing and acting like a big baby girl now, 24/7/365, is what I do and who I am. My diapers and rubber panties are plainly seen, poking out beneath the hem of my toddler dresses by anyone who cares to look. The ruffled sunsuits I wear in the summertime, leave nothing to the imagination, as well. My pacifier, is a permanent fixture in my mouth, when I'm out and about. I don't think of it as getting in somebody's face with it. It's just who and what I am. The life I lead. If anyone has a problem with that, that's their problem. I've grown used to the comments and stares and been more than pleasantly surprised at the positive response I've received from John Q. Public. It's not the lifestyle for everyone in the ABDL community, but it works for me. I've never been happier.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Two little things, first Ranger I was not so much suggesting that people SHOULD do those things but just givening examples of what they may do to help kick the debate off and give it something to focus on.

And DailyDi, there are some advice columns site which are completly user driven so there is no chance of it not getting it accsepted, I know this as I used one once before I found this place (wordofadvice.org).

Personally I think that the more something is considered taboo, the more taboo it is... I used to be very secretive with everything involving an ab/dl lifestyle, but I found the more secretive I was or uncomfortable I was telling someone, the more uncomfortable they were... So now I realize that I could be involved with much worse things (drugs, gangs, techno music... jk I actually don't mind techno music lol) and with most things, a little confidence goes a long way...

That having been said, it depends on the person, think of other comparable lifestyles that may get a weird reaction, Goth or punk is the most visible I think and some people involved in that lifestyle like dressing that way in public, although the shock value is part of that culture I guess, where as with ab/dl's it doesn't seem to be.

I can't think of any other comparable lifestyles out there, but they would really help this discussion I think, so if anyone can think of them post them up! Cause I'm drawing blanks lol

Gabe

Now that I have been 24/7 I have found that I don't pay much attention to if my diaper is showing or not. I am sure some people have noticed...

I dont have to worry cause its not me that dresses me. Daddy does. I sue to be a lil embarrassed but now i know its ok cause Daddy says so. You can usually tell im in diapers if you look. Sometimes my shirt is a lil short and my diaper will show when i bend over to look at toys. Daddy likes that a lot. But its okay and most people just leave us a lobe or they smile.

Two little things, first Ranger I was not so much suggesting that people SHOULD do those things but just givening examples of what they may do to help kick the debate off and give it something to focus on.

And DailyDi, there are some advice columns site which are completly user driven so there is no chance of it not getting it accsepted, I know this as I used one once before I found this place (wordofadvice.org).

One big thing cid, YOU asked for opinions on what YOU suggested. I gave my opinion. I guess what you really meant was, give an opinion only if it is the same as yours.

So, here goes the rest of the thread. It's my constitutional right to dress as a baby in public , suck my binky, walk around in nothing but my diapers. It is everyone else's problem who doesn't like it. Don't take your kids to the mall if you don't want them to see a grown man in baby clothes. Blah, Blah, Blah. Yada, Yada, Yada. So, here we go again with the same debate that will never stop, and, once again I am stupid enough to throw fuel on the fire.

Like people say, it's one person's opinion. In my opinion, I don't care if a stranger notices my diaper showing out the back of my jeans if I bend down in a store or my shirt becomes untucked. I don't want people I know to find out since I keep my DL status from friends and family. I may seem to flaunt my diaper at times by making sure it isn't tucked way inside my jeans and it is showing out my waistband. I usually have a t-shirt that is tucked into my jeans but it will come untucked if I bend or squat down. The main thing is that I am always dressed in normal clothes, save for my diaper. I always act like any normal person would and do not act like a baby, wear baby clothes or make a scene to draw attention to myself. When in a store buying adult diapers for myself, I always act like it's just a normal purchase, such as toothpaste or deoderant. If anyone should ask, I would say that I have a bladder problem and need to wear protection. If anyone ask me if I wear diapers, I would say the same thing, that I have a lack of bladder control and have to wear diapers. I would not make a big deal out of it but would just treat it as any other situation, such as someone who was in a wheelchair or had any other kind of disability. People would be more accepting of someone in diapers if they just went about their normal business as opposed to someone who dresses like a baby and uses pacifiers and bottles in public. To each his own, but this is my opinion. For me it's kind of an exciting thing to know someone has seen my diaper out the back of my jeans, but also that I'm perfectly normal iin every other way leading them to believe it's nothing more than a need to wear situation.

But see, I care less about what people openly say about me; and more about helping those who secretly want diapers know they are not alone. Publicity that adults CAN wear diapers, and that it's no big deal is good - even if 99% of the responses are "gross!"