LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have You Or Had Seen A Shrink For Dl?

Ok I was wondering has anyone has ever seen a psychologist or any other form of mental health professional about being DL? As I grew older, I started to wonder if being DL was something normal , epically in my case of being one who gets enjoyment from defecating on one self (which in high school teen years, I didn't have the gumption to buy diapers so I would just soil my tighty-whites which at the time had the closest look to a diaper) , even through the fact there are others like me help and they are normal functioning people as well. Still I wonder has anyone actually would go out to see if it was more then just a fetish, like some memory we're repressing or something?

no I haven't - some here have and from reading a few posts with mixed results.

but here's the basics:

a shrink - no matter how skilled will not instantly rid you of a deep rooted fetish or sexual desire.

you can treat it like a alcohol or other serious drug addiction - and become really abstinent - and maybe over years the lust will be subdued... don't know.

a shrink will be able to help you "coping" with it, will be able to help you accept yourself as the one you are.

but before you run off and see a pyschologist or psychiatrist, think about what your goals and reasons for a therapy are.

If it's a huge conflicting situation and you have troubles living your life, it would well be worth a try...

supressed memories - there are various theories in modern psychology about that.

if you want me to go in depth here - let me know ... it takes time and I'm not keen on just typing half an hour if no one bothers ;)

one question for yourself: does your need / wish to wear diapers and soil yourself conflict with your real life? job? relationship? friends? self? if not, then there's not much to be seeing a shrink over it - I doubt a psychologist will be able to reveal the REAL REASON and ORIGIN of your fetish to you... in most cases it's a series of small events over some time, associated with some key-trigger-points.

What an interesting question!

Mary, one of my younger sisters, has been a psychiatrist since 1969 in Santa Barbara, for years the home of Rubber Duckies. Never has anyone come to her either to get treatment for diaper related affectation, or because a realitive like diapers. Of course she knew that my late first wife, Jean, had lost her bladder control, then turned to AB as a coping strategy. Angela told Mary about being incontinent and also being AB. Mary's opinion is that only if loving diapers becomes such an obsession that you cannot function as a responsible adult would it be ethical or prudent to attempt diverting a patient from diapers. Her easoning follows the guidelines of the APA. Do not replace one behavior with one that is more dangerous. Of the associated addictive/compulsive disorders, diaper affectation is the least dangerous medically or physically. Imagine the malpractice law suits if a shrink treated a diaper lover, convinced him to give up diapers, and then the man turned into an alcoholic? This has happened.

In Feb 1992 Angela (disguised as "Jessica") and I were guests on Montel Williams along with another AB couple and two AB/DL men from Seattle. The psychologist on that episode was Jim Gordon, PhD, from West Hollywood. At the time Dr. Gordon was the world's leading expert on relationship between gay communities and police departments. He has treated thousands of people with addictive and OCD disorders, as well as sexual disfunction. None complained or mentioned diaper use, except as a result of their medical problems. On the show he directly told Montel and the studion audience that shrinks simply do not consider a desire for diapers a mental problem. In conversation after the show Dr. Gordon agreed with Mary that only if diapers become OCD would he consider trying treatment, and he doubted it possible to wean a person off diapers. If OCD, the best a shrink could do is provide some life-lessons to help the patient function more responsibly while in diapers.

Angela and I remained good social friends with Jim Gordon for years. Late in 1992 Tommy of DPF put a St. Louis psychotherapist named M.A. Hogan, PhD, in contact with Angela. Dr, Hogan had apperared with Tommy and several AB on the Jerry Springer Show. Hogan was treating a 30yo man who did believe his diaper use and DL activities were destroying his life. Eventually Hogan discovered that patients other mental problems, such as drug and alcohol abuse, was the risk, not the diapers. In April 1993 Dr. Hogan participated in our SpringFling'93 international diaper affectation party/conference. By then she was treating another man, 50yo, who decided one day he no longer wanted to be an AB. He was not comfortable socializing with men or women at our party, yet he had traveled all the way from St. Louis to do so. A month later he quit therapy and alos dropped out of DPF and contact with Angela.

Be careful when trying to give up a love of diapers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don, you are very knowledgeable!!! Every one of your posts is very impressive !

I have thought about it, actually. My parents did too, a long while ago around my age of 12 or 13 when they found out. They (I don't believe) know I'm still into it.

My girlfriend puts it this way, it isn't harming anyone and as long as it continues not to where is the problem (except the social taboo).

I will admit though, I tend to shun the idea after any sexual encounter, and I usually want nothing to do with them. Which I will admit, confuses me haha.

Don,

this is an interesting reply, thank you for the in depth input here.

I have one question though for you:

would you mind elaborating a bit further what you mean with your last sentence ("Be careful...") ??

about quitting - well I think it is a very difficult thing to do - I believe much more difficult than giving up smoking or even heroin.

as with most DL / ABs it is very deeply rooted - often for many almost their entire life.

now there were times when I tried to give it all up - went through the well known binge-cycles ;) - and came back to my loved diapers at a later point.

The longest period where I haven't had diapers was for 4 years when I was serving with the armed forces (not US though)... I served a couple of years but during the end had off time after a while, free to go "home" or visit family or whatever.... this was the only time then when I actually had a good chance to use diapers conveniently...

Sure during that time I sometimes longed for diapers - but alas I was also very occupied with staying alive ... we didn't have gyms, gatoraid or airconditioned tents btw...

when I got back home at first I didn't much involve in diapers... but about 6 months later I discovered online-shopping for diapers is cheaper than store-buying and kind of had a shopping frenzy ;)

I was around 5 when I discovered I liked diapers... I was between 7 and 10 when my bro' back then used to wet the bed - I occasionally took diapers... and it wasn't until I was 13 or 14 before I first time bought diapers... and it was not until 16 before I wore regular / very often...

well from then on, it was sometimes more sometimes less...

I guess if it be easy to quit I would have quite - I often feel a bit "odd" about wanting diapers... but these days I often don't get "a shit" if I am odd ;) - so what...

but trying to stop has so far never "harmed" me in any way...

Hi I have been a Nappy Lover since about the age of 6/7 years old, my first memories of wanting to wear or be put in a nappy I think started my interest. It all started when I was playing around a mate’s house when one day he had an upset stomach and his mum put him in a nappy as a precaution. I remember thinking/wanting his mum to give me a nappy or even put one on me, I thought that if he went to the toilet and I then said I needed a wee she would say that there was only one choice, obviously this never happened; but from that day on I always remember wishing I could wear a nappy.

As I grew up, I remember seeing nappies for sale and wishing I could wear one, not only did it feel right but it excited me. As soon as I could drive I went to buy my first pack of adult nappies (pull-up type) and couldn't wait to get home or somewhere private to put them on and use them. The urge to wear nappies has never gone away but with it in the back of my mind why I have this strong feeling.

About 7/8 years ago I started wetting the bed as a result of stress, so as a way of managing the wet sheets I decided to wear nappies on a more frequent basis; something I obviously enjoyed!! Having a partner who does not share my interest has its issues, but she is pretty understanding, especially as the sheets don't get as wet as often. It is only over the past 18 months or so that I part of me has wanted to stop wearing, and find out why I have the need to wear. Some of you might say that it's easy, just don't wear them, but as hard as I have tried it doesn't work and I have seen a hypnotherapyst, although I have concentrated on an other issue we have touched on the whole nappy thing. I am going to concentrate more on why I enjoy wearing nappies and wetting myself. I'm not sure that I want to give up in total but to understand why I do, will help; I feel that in my own mind, the reason I where is for the feeling of being secure, safe I just the maternal thing. Thinking about it, I often dream/think and even wish that I could have someone change, like I say, I'm not into the whole baby thing but to have that maternal care would be comforting, maybe this has something to do with my fetish?

It would be interesting if anyone else is in a similar position, if anyone is interested I will post my progress over the next few weeks. Anyway, I am sure I have bored you all enough if you have in fact read this far; so happy wearing!!

Guest Baby_brad

AB in the DL section (warning lol) When I came out to my parents both about my AB side, and being bisexual, Two days later, I'm in a shrinks office.. Not going into it *shudder*

I alway wonder if being into diapers was anything that scared anyone or someone(thing) forced them to seek help? The latter I thought would be a stretch as I seriously thought anyone would be "caught" soiling them selfs (diaper or not) or commited some sort of crime (which according to a case story I saw someplace, there was a college age guy who stole diapers just to soil them and leave them, which I honestly don't think you guys would do) that was diaper related, where one was highly recommended or forced to seek help.

The other thing is (and this is me), why do the urges come down harder some times then others? For example, why is it every time I need to go #2, that I always have thoughts of diapers and make diaper based animated stories in my mind (I treat cartoon characters that I like as if there wearing diapers) always come to mind?

Its these weird things that me wonder should I just let it go and just being a responsible DL (hold a job, go to school, be a asset to society) or do I dare question why these come, to see if there is any underlying issues I have (which just so you know, I don't you guys have issues, but there might be a small percentage of us who in being DL covers for something else. I hope I didn't offend anyone in asking.)

I started seeing a shrink when I was about 22 or 23. Cira 1977.

I thought I was going crazy.. As it happened I had "organic" depression.

Being a DL was a huge contributing factor because of the guilt I felt about this proclivity.

At that time I felt like the only person in the world who liked to wear diapers. Sure I and the general public was aware of homosexuality and crossdressing but who had ever heard of somebody who liked to wear diapers?

I did discuss my DL issue with my Dr. He explained the "if it is not interfering with your life" theory then it is not considered a problem mental health wise. Because the underlying depression caused huge anxiety after I told him about being DL I quit seeing him.

I never discussed being a DL with any other shrink I saw.

On a side note I can say that I have less than 6 degees of seperation with Britney Speers. My first shrink practiced at the UCLA Neuropsycreatric Institute. (I wish people would leave her alone so she can heal).

Anondl

I 've seen a shrink about being an DL. I've posted about some of my sessions here.

Now I wasn't going to be cured or anything. My wife suggested it as a way to have my DL desire recorded and genuine. In otherwords, its not a sexual thing and is a real dependency on diapers.

Simply put, I am happy, at peace, calm, relaxed and life is just better now that I'm wearing diapers all time. Actually, thats not quite accurate. I'm really wetting myself all the time.

I don't poo in my diapers. I just pee in them. It was because of the shrink sessions that I realized it wasn't the diapers that I needed, but the wetting. Of course you really can't do the wetting without the diapers in today's World. I wear diapers because I wet myself. I wet myself because I like/need/want/must. It just feels right for me.

The shrink was of no use. It was really my wife getting me to probe myself that I began to understand things better.

By me understanding myself better, my wife can accept and understand my need to wet myself and therefore to wear diapers. She now knows it isn't just a "phase" but how I will live my life from now on.

Soon I will have been wearing 24/7 for a full year. But it feels like like I've always been here.

I have for the diapers and other reasons. The general gist of the conversation is that if it doesn't interfere with the rest of your life, what goes on in the bedroom or under your clothes is no issues.

I have for the diapers and other reasons. The general gist of the conversation is that if it doesn't interfere with the rest of your life, what goes on in the bedroom or under your clothes is no issues.

However, what goes on under your clothes may disturb others, depending on what it is.

I've never seen a psychologist, and really never told anyone about my underwear trick before coming here. (for those of you who are just tuning in, I had put toilet paper in my undies since age 9 so I could poop in them without causing a big mess.)

But, I think there might be some kind of common bond between AB/DLs, but frankly, nobody's figured that out, yet.

However, what goes on under your clothes may disturb others, depending on what it is.

I've never seen a psychologist, and really never told anyone about my underwear trick before coming here. (for those of you who are just tuning in, I had put toilet paper in my undies since age 9 so I could poop in them without causing a big mess.)

But, I think there might be some kind of common bond between AB/DLs, but frankly, nobody's figured that out, yet.

I used to make my own nappies - I used to put ladies pads in my pants and toilet paper if required. I just love wetting myself and like previously mentioned, you can't really do it without pads or nappies, mind you I have been known to wet bed on more than one occassion; and like someone else up the page, I lose the urge to wear after sex???

Would any lady be interested in chatting in South UK??

All very interestings,

I never really thought about see'ing a shrink about my love for diapers, I like to think that I keep a balanced life between being grown up and responsible and my baby time.

One thing I can say though, back in 92/93 when I first got the internet in college and found newsgroups and irc about the whole fetish, I had to think "OMG I'm not the only one!" I still binged and purged though those years but now I accept that being an ab/dl isn't somthing you just turn off and forget.

Now my question is....if it wasn't for the internet and discovering you weren't alone in this fetish how many of you would have seeked "help"

Ta

LitlAndy

Now my question is....if it wasn't for the internet and discovering you weren't alone in this fetish how many of you would have seeked "help"

I've never seen a shrink for diapers. That would require me to tell someone about them. So far no one knows. This site is helping me come to terms with being a DL. I have also done the binge/purge thing; also finding I'm not the only one when I entered "I like to poop my diaper" in the search bar. I wasn't prepared for what I found.

PArms

I've seen a shink about wearing diapers, in fact my wife and I saw the same shrink. The end result was that the shrink said the same thing many have already said....if the diapers aren't interfering with one's life, then there is no harm. In my case, the diapers weren't harming anything, so she helped me understand some of the reasons why I have the need for them. That was helpful for both me and my wife to hear, but didn't change my need for them. For me seeing a shrink was very helpful...but all shrinks are not the same.

here's my take. I agree with the no interference, no issue theory. This is an interesting topic, however, everytime I read a thread like this, it makes me think that we are over analyzing ourselves. Its fun, its a turn on and that is it. Don't read so much into it.

Yes, years ago I went to a shrink to try and get an answer to why I had this "need" to wear diapers.

I would alway wear a diaper to my sessions and would often wet my diaper during the session. After many sessions I was asked if I had ever worn a diaper during the sessions, I said I wore a diaper to each session including this one. Than she asked if I ever thought of wetting my diaper during the session, I replied that I had wet my diaper many different times during the sessions. I was than asked if I had ever thought of messing my diaper during a session, I had to replied, yes, I had thought about messing my diaper during a session but never had to go shit during a seesion until today.

The shrink looked at me and asked if I needed to go shit right now. I said yes.

She asked, would you like to shit in your diaper right now.

I replied, yes I would.

She asked, how would that make you feel if you went shit right now in your diaper.

I replied, relived and relaxed.

She asked why I would feel relaxed if I where to shit in my diaper.

I exsplained that wetting and messing my diaper made me more relaxed.

Than she said, well you should be relaxed when you are in these sessions, and I took that as my cue and relaxed and filled my diaper with a nice load of shit.

It only took her a couple of seconds to realised what I just did, she looked at me and ask, you didn't just shit your diapers did you? I answered yes I had and thought that is what you ment when you said I should be relaxed.

The shrink asked me to leave and to never come back.

Her lost!!!!

I do see a shrink for my lovely mosaic of issues, but I've never mentioned I'm an AB/DL. I'm too embarrassed to tell even her.

When I started seeing shrinks, I decided I'd better be honest if I wanted to be helped. Upon being told about the diapers, the shrinks, all 3 or 4 of them, promptly ignored the issue, except the one who was curious...and she did not press it much. Now I have heard of people becoming unwelcome when wetting furniture, but I have worn diapers to session and peed in them, never pooped.

Many of us old timers, I suspect, have seen or sought professional help from Mental Health. I sought help, not so much for the nappy wearing, but more in 'search for self' worried about my lack of real interaction and connection with the wider world. Mentioning the nappies side was swiftly dismissed by those counseling me. It was a comfort behaviour and not the behaviour that was holding me back! It was at that time that I put together the exposing web pages about me and my feelings towards nappy wearing.

http://www.geocities.com/mill14_uk

A dl friend once said something which has stuck with me - 'You can get rid of the nappies, or get rid of the guilt - you'll never get rid of both!'

• 15 years later...

I almost had to back when I was younger and living with my parents and my mom found my secret diaper stash she threatened to make me go to a shrink but I told her i would stop wearing diapers if she didn’t make me go and she agreed I wouldn’t go as long as I stopped wearing diapers. So I stopped wearing them at least while I lived at home once I moved out on my own I was able to buy my own diapers and wear them whenever I wanted and didn’t have to worry about being caught with them on

I have talked to a therapist about my ABDL interests in the past. Honestly, your therapist will probably work with you on whatever result you are trying to get. I do not think a good therapist would push you to embrace or reject these feelings. They are not there to sculpt you into who they think you should be. They are there to help you be who you want to be. If you are trying to embrace this side of yourself in a healthy way they will work with you on that, and if you're trying to focus less on these feelings they will also respect that and work with you on that.

So, if you are seeking a therapist, do not expect an easy answer. Don't think they will push you down a path you don't want to go down.