LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Changing Machine

With the Technology of today it would certainly be possible. But given I'm to lasy to change my childs diaper? which is what most would think to buy one. I can hear the repercussions from Parents all over the world. It is with love and comfort that changings are done, it is a bonding experience that is a needed thing. A machine is a convience, but in this case one not needed.

I personally love the feeling of being changed by my "Mommie" it adds to the feelings I imagine a child feels at that young age.

Also, I know machines can go bonkers..I personally wouldn't want anything mechanical around my young child that could cause serious harm...I also wouldn't want anything like that around my "happy spots"

I enjoy the stories on here that have reference to that though, but don't really think I could do it for real.. To each their own. ;)

A diaper changing machine sounds very interesting! I'm sure it would be adjustable for different sized people and probably come in 2 different models, Disposable diapers and Cloth diapers. I would feel a little trepidation though. I assume there would have to be 2 robotic arms to rip off the tapes on each side. Due to computer glitches and things like that, I'm not sure I would want to be laying there getting my diaper changed by a machine with robotic arms ripping off the tapes! Suppose I accidentally shifted position or the machine was not adjusted properly or there was a malfunction? I could become "Rustina Pins" very easily!

nufffin would EBER wrepwace da lub u gets from ur mommy's and daddy's or significant others. Its a simple quiet moment between the diapee an diaperer :D soft gentle touch that make you smile...

ROBOTS CANT DO THAT PFFFFFFFFT well not at this moment....whats to say they wont try to spank you :o NOT COOL. tho to sum this may be appealing. >.> I digress because currently have not the ability to carry on. *falls ober :closedeyes: Zzzz Zzzz

Well, while we're at it, why not go into bionics? Some metal pins grafted to the hip bones that protrude through the skin would be a great point to secure a diaper (or other clothing to) so that it never falls (or gets pulled) down.

Nah, I'm with the people that talk about the bonding experience.

Our technology may be a great convenience, but it is, bit by bit, reducing (and in some cases completely removing) the need for human contact. Human contact and direct human interaction is important to build and reinforce empathy and sympathy. There is a technical term for people who lack these qualities: sociopath.

They could probably make one, but no company in their right mind would sell it. Way to much liability. Companys just took some form of chidrens cold medicine of the market because it was just a matter of time before the get sued because someone that can't read directions kill their kid.

• 2 years later...

I thought diaper changes were a personal bond/experience, no?

I'd have thought the same, the reason y'd want to be changed is because of the whole heartfelt connection thing. Not because yer lazy or its tricky to do on your own.

Don't like the idea of a changing machine.

Unless its some really nice person who can do it really well and is given that as a knickname but thats likely to be the worst knickname ever.

Its the object we have all dreamed of. Why havent they made one yet? I mean a baby diaper changing machine will be invented someday and then an adult one. Any thoughts? I mean it can't honestly be that hard to make one. Or is it?

Funny that this should come up. A few years back I had a dream in which I was part of a group that had located and was exploring a southern US university from the 1930's that had been abandoned some time later. One of the buildings was a tehcnology center, housing a number of machines from its days a going concern. One of these engineering marvels was a baby changing machine, or rather, what was left of it.

It was in fair condition, not broken, just old and a bit rusty but worked enough so you could get the basic idea. It worked on bicyle pedal power. All that need be done was the baby's dress (this was from the 1930's) lifted and then the baby placed on the changing area then start pedaling.

From the perspective of the 1930's this was quite feasible with cams and gears and this was the "Machine Age" and convenience was a big thing as well as Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers (I know, you can just hear Ming the Merciless saying to Dale Arden "Dale; if you do not marry me, I will reduce Flash Gorden to a dipaer-wearing sissy in two hours. Do you hear me: TWO HOURS!!". Let us not go there).

I'm still totally cracking up over the "Rustina Pins" comment! That's hilarious! Anyway, I'm on board with the nurturing and comforting crowd on this one. The android idea isn't bad, but, for me it would have to be a female one for sure. I think all the nuances of a real human female would be missing though, so an android probably wouldn't work for me either. As far as a robotic affair...No way for me! Back to "Rustina" Great post though!!

Hmm... I'm an electrical engineer and my first thought is that the machine would require fuzzy logic to adjust to different sizes and positioning on the changing pad. The gripping strength of the pinchers can be metered such that they are safe and CCDs can visually inspect for known similar images that let the logic progress through the steps.

Impersonal? Definately, but isn't the biggest problem in this community the lack of someone that provides both the function and the personal connection? An electro-mechanical logic based device can't give the personal connection, but certainly could fulfill the function.

Professionally, I think the technology exists, but at the bleeding edge of expensive. Who's incredibly rich but can't get a real person to change them? I didn't think so.

Aloha,

Honu

What about a supermarket conveyor belt rotating every four hours with a diaper changing machine on the end.... This way you can line the patients up (this assuming their immobile, give them a lobotomy otherwise) and you'll only need one member of staff to make sure no night gowns get suck in the conveyor belt...... The future, I've tasted it!

The machine would have to be able to properly clean and sanitize, but that's not that difficult. It's just hands on is so much more fun with your own kids. An adult changer would be much more acceptable.

build an android to change people diapers

Not sure why this got a -2 rating... It's actually a better idea than simply a diaper-changing machine. I'd rather trust an android than a more simple machine...

• 9 months later...

Sorry about rehashing this old subject, but I got to thinking about it again recently. My wife, BabyMaggie, works in a daycare center at an hourly rate of $14. She is responsible for up to 4 enfants who are not older than one year. Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) don't get much more money than that and do the diaper changes for adults in nursing centers that need them.

One technical solution would be an electro-mechanical device that only changes diapers and requires that the wearer come to it, position themselves in specific position, have programmed the device for their size and shape, have loaded the machine with a specific diaper that it's programmed to put on them, are wearing a specific diaper that it's programmed to remove (the same model and size as it will put on the wearer makes the most sense), has capacity in it's diaper pail and is designed either just for wet diapers or just poopy ones. The cleaning job is different and it would require a lot more for it to determine which cleaning job to do.

The other solution would be very expensive and would start with a humanoid robot that is then programmed to do all the necessary tasks and determine which ones those are as well as when they are done. University and large company laboratories have such robots, as one of a kind research devices, but you can't compare their cost to an LPN!

Getting back to the human solution, if you can't get your partner to change you, there are professions who may be much more expensive than a local LPN, but you can be yourself with them and experience some level of personal exchange.

Machines are necessary to replace dangerous jobs. They are great to have for time consuming jobs. They are nice to have for dirty jobs too. When my wife can charge a lot more money to take care of other people's babies including changing their diapers, and the humanoid robots under development become consumer goods, either solution might be feasible in the market place.

Once again, please accept my apologies for bumping an old thread.

Honu