LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

World Wide Phenomenon

Has anyone noticed that the AB/DL lifestyle and even incontinency wearing of diapers, seems to be a western hemisphere phenomenon. Not too many people from other lands posting on here. I am sure bedwetting and medical incontinent problems are world wide, as are the desire to be nurtured again and regress back in time. There are probably some reasons for this.

1 lack of internet connection

2 high price of internet cafés

3 not enough leisure time for the internet

4 Different upbringings as a child

5 Shame of dealing with it in a different culture

6 was not brought up wearing diapers

7 lack of income for the AB/DL lifestyle

8 not enough leisure time for the AB/DL lifestyle

9 no AB/DL incontinent supplies available

10 too many family members in household

11 no room for privacy

Your thoughts on why this seems to be? :rolleyes:

Guest Katharsys

Well, I wouldn't call it just a western hemisphere phenomon...you forget about Japan and their love of roleplay.

Some of the best diaper vids I have ever seen were produced for the Japanese market (I love my region 0 dvd player!)

The fact that there are not many people on Daily Diapers from other countries in not indicative of a lack of AB/DLs in other lands, but more of the fact that not all speak or read/write english. Just go to ABKingdom.com and you will see members from all over Europe, the Middle East, Central and South America, and even some parts of Asia. I think that what is incredible is that this IS a worldwide phenomenon, and that people everywhere DO enjoy wearing diapers for pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect there are considerably less people in the Middle East and Asia (excluding China and Japan) into this alternative lifestyle. Incontinence pads and even baby nappies are only affordable to upper middle class people who are financially secure. while traveling around Mumbai early this year I was unable to find any adult size nappies at all!

I suspect there are considerably less people in the Middle East and Asia (excluding China and Japan) into this alternative lifestyle. Incontinence pads and even baby nappies are only affordable to upper middle class people who are financially secure. while traveling around Mumbai early this year I was unable to find any adult size nappies at all!

My name is heidilynn. I have a website called "Heidi's Dreamhouse" and since it's been up and running from last May, I've had visitors from all over the world. Czech Republic, Hungary, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Lithuania, Jordan, Israel, Iran, Iraq (though I imagine these are largely from American troops stationed there), South Africa, India, China, Iceland, Nigeria, Qatar, Malaysia, etc. Places I never dreamed there would be an interest in this. But there is. Even from the tiny island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. Of course, the main body of visitors comes from the UK, Scandinavia, Northern Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Canada and the US. I am totally amazed at how widespread this phenomenon is. However, I have yet to receive a visitor from Nepal. ;)

Cuddles,

--heidilynn

Internet cafes are actually not too expensive in many parts of the world but they do not afford much privacy, neither to patriarchal or matriarchal societies where you are expected to live with your folks untill you get married.

And there are cultural issues to think about, Omorashi does not translate as a diaper fetish but as "to wet oneself" and is more about the feeling of a full bladder and release. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omorashi#Diapers might be of some interest if you haven't seen it.

But ultimately I think it may be because english speakers have a very loud and western community. There is a french language abdl page that is a wonderful place even if you don't speak french at abkingdom.com and they register many people coming from small islands that you probably have not heard of.

I wonder whether maybe cultures with strong maternal figures (Mediterranean and South American) have a lower incidence of infantilism but I doubt it.

I believe people are fundamentally the same every where and while you might not see them they are out there, even if they don't know it - yet.

The whole world doesn't speak English either. I have seen many web sites in other languages.

Has anyone noticed that the AB/DL lifestyle and even incontinency wearing of diapers, seems to be a western hemisphere phenomenon. Not too many people from other lands posting on here. I am sure bedwetting and medical incontinent problems are world wide, as are the desire to be nurtured again and regress back in time. There are probably some reasons for this.

1 lack of internet connection

2 high price of internet cafés

3 not enough leisure time for the internet

4 Different upbringings as a child

5 Shame of dealing with it in a different culture

6 was not brought up wearing diapers

7 lack of income for the AB/DL lifestyle

8 not enough leisure time for the AB/DL lifestyle

9 no AB/DL incontinent supplies available

10 too many family members in household

11 no room for privacy

Your thoughts on why this seems to be? :rolleyes:

I think the most prominent reason this isn't an international kink is because it is not internationally practiced.

Of course (thanks to imperialism! Yay!) western culture is pretty popular, so many places will rear their children much like Europe and America (especially Japan, who is infatuated with everything western - they took the pop culture but forgot the social uprising that started it, sob). But that does depend on where one is and how much money one has. In addition to that, there is nothing wrong with raising children a different way, even if one does have the money.

Be careful with your musings. Most westerners think a foreigner would be stoned for practicing something that isn't approved by society. I hate to tell you but it does look a little, uh, prejudiced when you attribute other cultures to be too backwards and too draconian to accept certain fetishes. Non-western lands aren't all Al Quaeda hot spots, in fact only a few are. People are still people there. They are just as open-minded and diverse as people here. Yes, even in the middle-east.

"I think the most prominent reason this isn't an international kink is because it is not internationally practiced."

I beg to differ, if only in a kinda, sorta way. While it is probably true that ABDL is not practiced as much in mostly Muslim countries, I have just today received hits at my website from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Maylasia, Sudan and Uganda. It may not be being practiced, but it sure as hell is creating some interest.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: Still waiting on Nepal (Buddhist. What're ya gonna...?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

I'm from Japan and i'm probably the only Japanese person to post on this site. The reason is the language barrier. Very few Japanese can use English well enough to negotiate these boards. I can because i partly grew up in the U.S., but even i hardly visit this site long enough to post. I think that English education in the surrounding Asian countries might be more similar to what it's like in Japan than Europe where lots of people from different countries can and are daring enough to try to communicate on this message board even though they're not native speakers.

That's what i think.

Great subject for a thread.. Here in Thailand, and I suspect many other tropical-region countries, few houses have carpets. Even rich people go for teak parquet or cooling marble. So junior can pee on the floor and it's a quick cloth mop-up job/no big issue. Babies are in diapers only when very young and few people develop the attachment that grows into a fetish. Also the heat makes wearing uncomfortable/rash-prone anyway, that's my theory. This hasn't prevented Thailand from developing a world-class diaper manufacturing industry (great for me!), but I don't see the level of interest in diaper fetishism / ABDL the same as in, say, Japan. And this is a sexually liberated country, believe me.

I also think there is some correlation between the general level of prosperity of a nation and its interest in ABDL, that is the ability of people to indulge hobbies and interests outside the daily grind of existence. Thailand doesn't score too well here outside the capital city, and Nepal, wracked with Maoist insurgency, certainly doesn't. However, we do find ABDL culture in all the world's most prosperous nations. As kaori points out, language is the main reason we don't see Japanese and other Europeans here. Finally, demography - as a %age of a smaller country, the ABDLs in that country, probably speaking some language not spoken anywhere else, such as Czech or Norwegian, probably feel pretty isolated.

I'd like to point out some things I think are interesting, with regards to this:

In 2nd and 3rd world countries, their religious 'retention' rate is significantly higher than in similar western societies, such as the US economic classes. Being that, no matter how 'tolerant' or accepting a nation/group might be, they are still likely to view our behaviors and ideas as 'deviant', and would attempt to 'treat' or 'cure' any individual who would openly claim such things. Where there is a lacking of advanced human livelihood, there seems to be a higher precedence placed on the group/individual connection with a deity/higher power -- religion. Just like in our societies, they too, believe that belief in and worship of divine entities will deliver them from their current situation. Just like us, they have collective rules that are subject to the whims of an individual, who's views will influence the masses, thus increasing the likelihood of intolerance to deviancies.

Their financial and possibly national (I mean China) status would also prohibit them from gaining access to materials or literature that openly discuss and/or condone deviant behaviors. One might be shamed for such thoughts -- to a worse degree than what we know -- and because of this shame, might not have the courage to ask questions, either.

I think that the main reason we see a higher instance of ABDL and other fetishes in America is in part, because our Founding Fathers laidforth the groundwork to allow us to express ourselves in the way that we do today.

We are granted the inalienable right to indulge ourselves in nearly ANY peaceful, reflective and personal activity; even if that personal activity involves partners and multiple partners. (BUT, you cannot marry any more than ONE of them.) As Americans we exercise our rights often! Did the great men who penned the constitution know just how far we would carry our freedom? Probably not, but then again, we can't fathom how our laws today will affect tomorrow, either.

As Americans we are pushed to 'explore ourselves' and 'think outside the box'. We're taught that sometimes it's trendy to be different, as much as it's trendy to 'fit in'. Like Mean Mommy pointed out, many other cultures have adopted our Social lifestyles but forgot the uprising that was its catalyst. A part of that continuing 'rebellion' is the further emphasis on the metaphysical and sexual/emotional aspects of our personalities, which leads us to a sort of 'renaissance' in many subcultures of America. At some point we WILL reach a plateau and where we go from there depends mostly on our leadership. (Hopefully, Depends mostly on our leadership, right?)

Our ability to attain and maintain the lifestyle that we do rides heavily on our advancements and technology, though. All those fancy ideas up there wouldn't be a part of the picture if we didn't have the time to 'explore' ourselves anyway. America leads the WORLD in technology and human advances, and it is the largest and most determining factor in how we live. For instance, let's just 'take away' indoor plumbing. (I know, many of you would like that, huh?) It no longer exists where we are. In fact, it hasn't even been invented. We don't have toilets, we have bushes, and there's no such thing as Bush Training. (Well, there is, but it's not whatcha think.) Since there wasn't an epoch in our lives where we suddenly did something different about our eliminations, there is likely to be less instances where one might sexually associate an object, due in part, to the lack of a technology. OK, the plumbing's back on.

The advancements and technology we have give us more free time. Isn't that the point of technology -- to make life easier? "Necessity is the mother of all invention" --it's true, but at what point do our wants become needs? I think we have a Lazy mindset. Americans are NOTORIOUS for being lazy -- that's why we idolise those who do next to nothing (or something incredible/one-of-a-kind) for gobs of currency, affording them an enviably better lifestyle than most. Longshoreman make GREAT money and belong to one of America's oldest Unions, yet I don't see paparazzi following them, wondering what they're gonna buy next --because they work their asses off, that's why.

My point is that we, as an American culture, refuse any kind of suffrage, and actively seek its end. Using our technology, we further unravel the mysteries of man, his inner sanctum, and his evolution.

Just remember, we're at the forefront of human advancement, right now. Our only enlightenment is the future.

I've always thought Thailand's "sexual liberation" was a bit interesting, too. I guess it's there that you are allowed to have sex with obscenely underage girls? Or is that just the Hollywood stories? Human rights doesn't exist everywhere, and it's effects are a contrast to what we know. But then again, our regard for Human Life has no equality: in the real world, Human Life has no regards.