LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cool or Creepy

Our new car has Apple Carplay that loads maps and music and such when we get in the car. Today I got in and it read my text messages, saw I had a shrinks appointment and loaded driving directions. That's boardering on too smart lol

• Like 4

The next is on board scanning that will monitor your eye movements, and give you a warning if they look away for more than a few seconds.  This is to protect you from having an accident while peeking at your cell phone.

Big Brother is watching you.  

I live over on the Android side and personally haven't seen that behavior. One thing to remember with IT companies - if you are not paying for a product or service, you are the product. There is a cost for the convenience that someone has to pay for. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Babypants said:

The next is on board scanning that will monitor your eye movements, and give you a warning if they look away for more than a few seconds.  This is to protect you from having an accident while peeking at your cell phone.

Big Brother is watching you.  

But Mikey already has accidents all the time.

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I'd say it's creepy and annoying.

I use android auto in my car and it's never auto loaded directions or read my messages out loud.

It didn't read my messages out loud, just that my text message confirmation was the only place y appointment was known.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, spoonchicken said:

That's because your car system is linked to your Apple phone device. :o

...whether you know or not, or want it or not..

Would it help if he wrapped his phone in tin foil, put it in a faraday cage, and left it in the trunk?

I've been saying this for years.  Technology is making people stupid!  They rely on it for everything from having their groceries ordered and delivered, to tossing the package in a machine which then automatically cooks it for them.  Only thing it doesn't do (yet) is eat it for them!  Self driving cars, Alexa that does everything for them including turning off and on the lights, the furnace, locking the doors, starting their cars, playing their music and reminding them of appointments.  Soon people won't even know how to open their doors, take their medications, get themselves a glass of water, answer their phone (or make a call) or even wipe their ass after going to the bathroom!  Sad sad world!  Is it any wonder for years aliens depicted in movies have huge heads and eyes with a withered body and withered arms and legs?  That is the way we are headed with relying on stupid technology to do every simple task for us instead of doing it for ourselves!  I'll laugh my butt off when a circuit goes out on their smart device and a person no longer knows how to shut off his furnace or water taps, can't unlock or open their door and is unable to even call for help.  He will starve because he can't make his own meals, that is if he is not killed when his self driving car runs off a cliff because of a faulty component!

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I've been saying this for years.  Technology is making people stupid!  They rely on it for everything from having their groceries ordered and delivered, to tossing the package in a machine which then automatically cooks it for them.  Only thing it doesn't do (yet) is eat it for them!  Self driving cars, Alexa that does everything for them including turning off and on the lights, the furnace, locking the doors, starting their cars, playing their music and reminding them of appointments.  Soon people won't even know how to open their doors, take their medications, get themselves a glass of water, answer their phone (or make a call) or even wipe their ass after going to the bathroom!  Sad sad world!  Is it any wonder for years aliens depicted in movies have huge heads and eyes with a withered body and withered arms and legs?  That is the way we are headed with relying on stupid technology to do every simple task for us instead of doing it for ourselves!  I'll laugh my butt off when a circuit goes out on their smart device and a person no longer knows how to shut off his furnace or water taps, can't unlock or open their door and is unable to even call for help.  He will starve because he can't make his own meals, that is if he is not killed when his self driving car runs off a cliff because of a faulty component!

I have my doubts, Rusty. It isn't that I'm an apocalypticist, but civilizations are cyclical. They rise, they fall, and sometimes their technologies are forgotten after civilizations have disappeared.

It could get that far. But I doubt that too many of us Boomers are going to be around to see it.