LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First diaper for incontinence.

I’ve been ‘into’ diapers since I was a little kid, and have had many enjoyable adventures. Tomorrow, though, I’ll be diapering myself out of necessity for the first time. An enlarged prostate together with a stroke has left me unable to control my pee. Once I gotta go, I’ve really gotta go…

This has resulted in some embarrassing situations recently - always when I’m away from home. I recently bought some adult pull-ups, explained all to my lovely wife and they’ve sat unopened waiting for our next trip. That time has come and I’m approaching it with mixed feelings. ‘Yes’ I love diapers - and all things baby - but this isn’t for fun. 

Still, I’ll get a kick pulling that diaper on, but I’m not at all sure that I want it wet!

Wish me luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It could be worse. I've recently been affected by the side effects of my medicine, diarrhea. Fortunately many years ago I started wearing diapers full time, and more fortunately any accidents I've had in public have been limited to small leaks. I have also filled my diapers completely a couple of time too.

• Like 1

This is interesting, @skidy, thank you for giving us insight into your mindset on this. I wear diapers 24/7 and have for 5 years now, and while I'd be the first to confirm that I "need" to wear them, it isn't for physiological reasons, primarily. Although I have accidentally made myself into an unreliable bedwetter, having slept in diapers for half a decade, but, that might be reversable if I cared to give it a shot. 

Regardless, I have wondered where I would be on physically needing to wear diapers. I think I wouldn't mind, given my choices, but that's easy to say from over here. 5 years in diapers has made holding it for extended periods of time uncomfortable, but not impossible. 

I've also never been called on to explain my underwear choice in any medical setting as of yet; I have had a couple of "diapers visible" situations but I was never there for the express reason of addressing any related conditions, so they went uncommented on. Once, I was actually being examined by a urologist, but not for a urinary complaint, and he unexpectedly asked me to drop my drawers. I had a pull-up on for that, he saw it, and he didn't blink or say a word. The other time was when I was given a transparent disposable gown for an MRI during the pandemic, and I realized too late that the outline of my diaper was visible through it - a nurse quickly gave me another one. 

In any case, I wish you all the best in your recovery, and let us know what it's like being on "that" side of the street for a while - actually being somewhat incontinent. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments!

I managed to get through the day and back home without peeing my diaper. It was tempting once or twice, but not necessary. I actually think that wearing the incontinence pants reduced the stress that has led to accidents in the past. It was, however, very pleasurable - partly because I wasn't having to worry about accidents and partly just because they're so damn comfortable!

Anyway - I m going to the hospital tomorrow for an appointment with the stroke department - I will be wearing for that. I won't be getting a physical examination, but the doctor will be aware of my incontinence issues anyway, so a diaper would be expected. 

For years now, I have been wearing "drip pads" as my wife calls them in my underwear because of urge incon.  My medical chart tells me this is from a prostrate issue, and a combination of Type II diabetes which has desensitized my control nerves?  So far so good, but on any outings from home lasting more than a couple hours, it is into pullups or belted guards to be safe for reasons learned from experiance.

Sleeping is another issue, since I had a bed wetting incident a little more than a year ago, I promised my wife that I would wear adequate protection when I sleep and have been diapering up for bed since that point.

Now my urologist is worried again about elevated PSA numbers so the prostrate procedure done a decade ago did not resolve all the issues related to it, or things have changed for the worse for other reasons?  It may soon have to go completely and we all know what the chances of getting that done without doing damage to control are, almost nil.

The point to this, is don't worry about the need for absorbent protection, it is a far better solution than going without, and allows us that need it to as you so wisely put it 

"wearing the incontinence pants reduced the stress that has led to accidents in the past. It was, however, very pleasurable - partly because I wasn't having to worry about accidents and partly just because they're so damn comfortable"

• Like 1

I had my first accident as an official incontinence pad wearer! I got off the bus bursting - rushed to the loos but the gents was occupied. Started peeing. Next to the gents was a baby change facility. Went in but there was no loo! Flooded the pull-up so massive rush to get my pants off before I had my first diaper leak. 
Note to self: lace up trainers are not a great idea when you need to change pull-ups…

After this my bladder behaved itself. Still wearing the second pull-up which is now wet for recreational reasons!

• Like 1
On 1/31/2024 at 4:19 AM, deewet said:

Now my urologist is worried again about elevated PSA numbers so the prostrate procedure done a decade ago did not resolve all the issues related to it, or things have changed for the worse for other reasons?  It may soon have to go completely and we all know what the chances of getting that done without doing damage to control are, almost nil.

@deewet You sound a bit like me in playing the watch and wait game.....  I assume you have both the PSA and the free PSA numbers.....  I've had one minimally evasive procedure (Rezume) which destroys part of the prostrate, that traps the Uretha, but basially leaves the rest in place.  My Urologist has made comments that my higher than "normal" PSA numbers (combined with the free PSA reading) are supported by the size of my prostrate.  I'm fortunate to not have a history of cancer, but do have history of growing things (non-cancerous)....   So, early on set BPH.....  

Have you had a needle biopsy done?  Are the numbers supporting removal of the prostate?  Or (considering your age) are your risks such that you will likely die from other causes before prostate cancer actually could take you out?

I'm younger than you so I need to keep monitoring numbers....  As long as no major changes, I should be good....  sort of....

Best wishes.....

• Like 1

For years now, I have been wearing "drip pads" as my wife calls them in my underwear because of urge incon.  My medical chart tells me this is from a prostrate issue, and a combination of Type II diabetes which has desensitized my control nerves?  So far so good, but on any outings from home lasting more than a couple hours, it is into pullups or belted guards to be safe for reasons learned from experiance.

That's great that your wife has her own way of accepting and acknowledging you need protection, while (I am assuming in her eyes) maintaining your dignity by calling them "drip pads" 😂. Do you have any interest in wearing heavier protection during the day?

Sleeping is another issue, since I had a bed wetting incident a little more than a year ago, I promised my wife that I would wear adequate protection when I sleep and have been diapering up for bed since that point.

Do you use your diaper when you wake up in the night to pee? Have you found since going 24/7 your sleep wettings have increased?

I've been reading about prostate procedures recently dude to @Reddys surgery thread. From what I've read the prostate continues to grow throughout an adult mans life, so procedures to reduce the size of an engaged prostate usually only last for 10 years. So it sounds right on schedule that you need another now. Hopefully it won't need to be removed entirely, there's a lot of options nowadays.

• Like 2

Interesting comments here. When I had my first prostate exam I remember the doc asking me - "have you had any accidents" and I answered "not yet". My first was horrendous. Like I say, it came shortly after my stroke. I was on a coach with no loo and just couldn't hold it - I flooded the seat. I sneaked off and got home without anyone noticing - hung a jumper over my pants. I have to say that having made the decision to use protection - it's such a relief! 

I have a consultation with the doc this week, which will hopefully rule out anything unpleasant regarding the prostate. If all is well I'll probably not be a priority for any treatment - and I'm fairly happy now I've taken the decision to diaper-up. 

I wear pull-ups for short trips where I know that I'll be able to access a toilet fairly quickly and am familiar with the surroundings. I have bought some ID Expert Maxis, which are 'proper' diapers with higher absorbance for longer trips into unfamiliar territory. They also have the advantage of not needing to take my shoes and pants off to change if I do need to pee. 

My first time to wear them will be Monday. 

Glad you're choosing the route of proper protection, many incontinent people risk accidents or just just simply barely go out to avoid having to wear diapers.

I have been amazed how people do not notice when I am wearing, at least I've never heard a comment or heard laughing. I do find the confidence wearing protection gives me helps a lot to just go through my day and not be constantly in a panic where the closest public bathroom is.

Wish you all the best with your tests.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, wetmonkey said:

Glad you're choosing the route of proper protection, many incontinent people risk accidents or just just simply barely go out to avoid having to wear diapers.

I have been amazed how people do not notice when I am wearing, at least I've never heard a comment or heard laughing. I do find the confidence wearing protection gives me helps a lot to just go through my day and not be constantly in a panic where the closest public bathroom is.

Wish you all the best with your tests.

I think you’re absolutely right. My diaper was not noticed at all. I peed in it twice - such a relief compared to the times I’ve struggled to get to a loo. Thanks very much 

• Like 1