LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

3 hours ago, foreverdl said:

In my opinion you just have to be honest to the Dr and if they choose not to do anything like just follow up then you keep going to different Dr's till you find one that will work for you. I learned one thing when I went through my cancer, the Dr works for you and he has to do what you want, You don't have to bow down to them, they will say you need to do this or that and it's your choice to say NO. You will find a Dr that cares enough about your mental state to treat you.

This is very good advice.  I would add that, if you are going to lie to a doctor, you should bear in mind that in this age of corporate, for profit medicine, there is a board in the background that listens closely to its attorneys when liability issues come into play.  Doctors are not the independent agents that they once were, and you may therefore find it difficult to be taken on as a patient without supplying your medical history in general and the specifics for this surgery in addition.  A refusal to do so on your part would be a red flag, but then, from what you've said your medical history would not warrant this surgery in any event.  When you return, you should at least consider trying to hook up with a urologist before you actually need one.  I've done battle with HMO boards more than once; it was not a happy experience.

2 minutes ago, Babypants said:

This is very good advice.  I would add that, if you are going to lie to a doctor, you should bear in mind that in this age of corporate, for profit medicine, there is a board in the background that listens closely to its attorneys when liability issues come into play.  Doctors are not the independent agents that they once were, and you may therefore find it difficult to be taken on as a patient without supplying your medical history in general and the specifics for this surgery in addition.  A refusal to do so on your part would be a red flag, but then, from what you've said your medical history would not warrant this surgery in any event.  When you return, you should at least consider trying to hook up with a urologist before you actually need one.  I've done battle with HMO boards more than once; it was not a happy experience.

My referral for the new urologist comes from my primary care doctor who I've seen for over a decade.  I think they will accept me as a patient, and I like the fact that my doctor already gave up on getting medical records from a small urologist's office.  I do already have the appointment set for the referral urologist and I'm just planning on not giving him many details about the procedure.

1 minute ago, Reddy said:

I do already have the appointment set for the referral urologist and I'm just planning on not giving him many details about the procedure.

Have you researched this individual?  Specifically, is he/she one of the few in private practice, or practicing inside a network?  The network can be as large as an HMO, or as small as a couple of physicians who have incorporated.  From the looks of it, your best shot is with a lone wolf. 

Just now, Babypants said:

Have you researched this individual?  Specifically, is he/she one of the few in private practice, or practicing inside a network?  The network can be as large as an HMO, or as small as a couple of physicians who have incorporated.  From the looks of it, your best shot is with a lone wolf. 

He is in a huge network, the same as my primary doctor.  

5 hours ago, Reddy said:

It seems like almost everybody wants me to be honest with the doctors and I just don't want to 😄

But I appreciate that I definitely can if I want to - I just don't want to tell them.  I would be embarrassed.

You're putting your health at risk if the Dr has no clue as to what you had done. I again will say to PLEASE tell your Dr. I have had a lot of Surgeries as I told you, It is much safer for your Life if the Dr knows everything you have done.. Please buck up and let your follow up Dr know.......You will get over the embarrassing part.

10 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

You're putting your health at risk if the Dr has no clue as to what you had done. I again will say to PLEASE tell your Dr. I have had a lot of Surgeries as I told you, It is much safer for your Life if the Dr knows everything you have done.. Please buck up and let your follow up Dr know.......You will get over the embarrassing part.

I will tell him I had a surgery, I just don't want to tell him what it was.  I only need some help if I have strictures or something.  If they ask too many questions I will just throw my hands up.

• Like 1

Ok look so my father is a neurosurgen (and i dont like mentioning that) but ive learnd little bit how medical treatment works hes old school so, what is the problem? And through diagnostics and problem solving figures a causation. Then what is the best solution.

No someone like @Reddy or myself the problem is mentle for me i hate my body for not being diaper dependent. So its a a very abstract causality that some might think is extreme to require physical intervention. And so on and so on 

But what i have to say post op if you need medical assitence you only have to provide the hard FACTS to provide a proper treatment if it comes down to it you can say you have had a TURBN and thats all they need! You dont have to give them motivations or anything because that is completely unimportant! 

You can say it was done out of country and dont have the records simple as that.

Guys! This is not rocket surgury this is us hopefully fulfiling our dreams and becoming who we really are!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, voodoochild said:

Ok look so my father is a neurosurgen (and i dont like mentioning that) but ive learnd little bit how medical treatment works hes old school so, what is the problem? And through diagnostics and problem solving figures a causation. Then what is the best solution.

No someone like @Reddy or myself the problem is mentle for me i hate my body for not being diaper dependent. So its a a very abstract causality that some might think is extreme to require physical intervention. And so on and so on 

But what i have to say post op if you need medical assitence you only have to provide the hard FACTS to provide a proper treatment if it comes down to it you can say you have had a TURBN and thats all they need! You dont have to give them motivations or anything because that is completely unimportant! 

You can say it was done out of country and dont have the records simple as that.

Guys! This is not rocket surgury this is us hopefully fulfiling our dreams and becoming who we really are!

I like that!  I will say TURBN and forget the rest of the surgery.  Except, I will say it was done locally at a small office and I don't have records.  That seemed to be enough for my PCP.

Others have mentioned the possibility of Botox to the sphincter - I wonder if that would be easier to pass off as something other than an elective procedure. Say, having some emergency surgery with temporary incontinence as a side effect.

On 1/20/2024 at 8:47 PM, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Your dreams are very interesting. Perhaps your sub conscious is not ready for a life of truly no control? There's artificial sphincters and such out there these days. If its absolutely not what you want you can probably "fix" it to some extent. Would be cool to have an artificial sphincter than you can toggle on/off. IDK if that's a thing but hopefully it will be. 

In theory that would be the ideal solution - complete incontinence when you want it, but still being able to hold it in when you have a logical need for it. The main problems I see are the risk of infection (it's quite a bit of stuff stuck in you) and the fact that those things have to be replaced after 7-10 years.

I wonder if something like this would be a reasonable alternative, at least for people who don't need to be out of diapers that often?

https://siliconenozzles.com/collections/urethral-incontinence-plugs-49

5 hours ago, Don Incognito said:

I wonder if something like this would be a reasonable alternative, at least for people who don't need to be out of diapers that often?

https://siliconenozzles.com/collections/urethral-incontinence-plugs-49

That looks interesting.  Do you think that would fix the incontinence temporarily?  That might be useful for me at some point when I am incontinent.  It seems a little better than a penis clamp, at least.

An incontinence on/off switch might become an option in the future, if this product gets approved:

https://www.reliefsrl.com/#product

A simple use of a magnet to open/close the valve to be continent/incontinent. And my guess is, it would require "maintenance" every 2 years, with a simple procedure through the urethra to remove and insert a new.

But it will never give you the same feeling as being incontinent for real. You choose to make the diaper wet, like you do when you actively empty your bladder. So I bet it feels a lot "same-same, but different" But at least it might give you more sleep at night as the bladder will not wake you up when its full.

• Like 1

This morning the center reached out to confirm I'm all set for my trip.  And to have me send them my flight itinerary.  It's all starting to come up pretty soon I guess. 😁

I know you're really excited , and I would be also, if I had the money and the nerve. I do want to bring up just one more thing since it's close on the countdown . Don't get around anyone that is sick with even a cod. even if they let you do it with a cols , it may make the infection risk much worse . I know that when I have gone in for surgery in the past, if I had a slight temperature , they wouldn't do it. So as I have said before I am excited for you I just am an over thinker and worry about all of the problems . So you're the one having the surgery , and it's up to you to do research as you have done a good job at. Since I am a dad and you're the same age as my son, it seams like that kinda thing. I would be telling him everything I have been saying to you and maybe think of more. And I really hope it works and I will say I am jealous of you, I want to quit the up and down I have, I get plugged up can't pee and then I flood and overflow my diaper, since the Diaper is not made to handle a flood. So it sounds sooo nice to just have a steady flow. 😁😁🤪

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

I know you're really excited , and I would be also, if I had the money and the nerve. I do want to bring up just one more thing since it's close on the countdown . Don't get around anyone that is sick with even a cod. even if they let you do it with a cols , it may make the infection risk much worse . I know that when I have gone in for surgery in the past, if I had a slight temperature , they wouldn't do it. So as I have said before I am excited for you I just am an over thinker and worry about all of the problems . So you're the one having the surgery , and it's up to you to do research as you have done a good job at. Since I am a dad and you're the same age as my son, it seams like that kinda thing. I would be telling him everything I have been saying to you and maybe think of more. And I really hope it works and I will say I am jealous of you, I want to quit the up and down I have, I get plugged up can't pee and then I flood and overflow my diaper, since the Diaper is not made to handle a flood. So it sounds sooo nice to just have a steady flow. 😁😁🤪

You are right!  I can't get sick with anything right now.  That would be bad!  I will have to be careful.  I appreciate the thinking 😊

• Like 1

I'm working all next week up until the day I leave, so this weekend will be my only chance to buy new bigger pants for work, pack my bags, make sure everything is ready, and stock food and anything else I need for when I return.  I know I shouldn't do any lifting or anything strenuous for several weeks afterwards.  That might include a restriction on grocery shopping so I need to be prepared for everything.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Donaldo said:

An incontinence on/off switch might become an option in the future, if this product gets approved:

https://www.reliefsrl.com/#product

A simple use of a magnet to open/close the valve to be continent/incontinent. And my guess is, it would require "maintenance" every 2 years, with a simple procedure through the urethra to remove and insert a new.

But it will never give you the same feeling as being incontinent for real. You choose to make the diaper wet, like you do when you actively empty your bladder. So I bet it feels a lot "same-same, but different" But at least it might give you more sleep at night as the bladder will not wake you up when its full.

That seems pretty cool, according to the site the device has a failsafe so will release it there is too much pressure in your bladder. You could experience overflow incontinence. Or I guess you could put a magnet in your diaper (perhaps encased in silicon) to deactivate and dribble for extended periods. But having a foreign object in your system is probably going to lead to more problems that the procedure in Mexico i imagine.

But it's good to no devices like that exist, if in 10 years reddy et al decided they'd like control sometimes post resection.

Edited by superabsorbantpolymer
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, padded-nightly said:

@Reddy is your countdown to surgery day, or, to when you leave for Mexico?

It's when I leave for Mexico on Saturday Feb 10th.  Surgery is on Monday Feb 12th at 8am.  So just add two days for the Surgery.  I just liked having the countdown to my flight because that's when all the fun starts happening.

From now on I think I will call Feb 12th Dependence Day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It feels very very hard to keep waiting!!!  I can't believe I have to do another week of work before I fly out next Saturday.  But it's very exciting that it is finally coming sooner.

• Like 1
On 2/1/2024 at 5:10 AM, Reddy said:

That looks interesting.  Do you think that would fix the incontinence temporarily?  That might be useful for me at some point when I am incontinent.  It seems a little better than a penis clamp, at least.

Well, that is what it's designed for, and it looks like it should theoretically work. Though I haven't heard anything about how well it works in reality.

• Like 2
On 2/1/2024 at 6:47 PM, Reddy said:

I'm working all next week up until the day I leave, so this weekend will be my only chance to buy new bigger pants for work, pack my bags, make sure everything is ready, and stock food and anything else I need for when I return.  I know I shouldn't do any lifting or anything strenuous for several weeks afterwards.  That might include a restriction on grocery shopping so I need to be prepared for everything.

When you go shopping for those bigger work pants, wear the thickest diaper that you think you will need at work. Then try the pants on at the store. Probably use the fitting room, instead of in the middle of the aisle...  😂😀😆😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico