LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I've never worn Trest, but I have heard good things. I am familiar with the NorthShore Supreme, and very familiar with the Rearz/Incontrol Select, because I live less than an hour from Rearz World Headquarters.

The NorthShore Supreme punches above its weight for what I would call a medium-duty diaper. Their MegaMax is the diaper equivalent of a 747 in terms of capacity, but the Supreme puts on a good show - call it an A320. I'm not the biggest fan of the tab-on-a-tab system they use, but I burned through a case of them a while back and I got used to it. They are a good "daytime weight" diaper, discrete under clothing, but with real range to them - they swell up more than you think they will and hold more as well. 

You have the Mega class looked after with the Trest, if my understanding of them is correct. Wear those to bed. 

The select, I'm afraid, may betray you. I grew up in Pampers so I have a soft spot for them for that reason, however I have experienced their fickle performance enough times to swear off them... but then Rearz will go and put them on sale for $60 CAD a case or something like that, and like the mob, they pull me back in. I find that the vintage baby diaper single-tab-per-side design results in compromises, either around the legs, or around the waist (and maybe the waste...). A common failure point for me was the top of the front of the diaper sagging down and "yawning" open as they started to get weighed down a bit, and then the next thing you know, you've peed over the top at the front, or, the hem of your shirt is in your diaper and wicking dampness up your tummy. They have also been known to exhibit that most classical of Rearz failure modes, the press-out leak at the back of the thigh. 

So, you can push the Trest, you can push the Supreme, but don't push the Select. Wear them during the day, while walking around, but not while lying down, definitely not while sleeping, and, if you have an inkling that your baby diaper is feeling "pretty wet", it's time to change it, or, start sitting on a towel, because it's not if it leaks, but when. 

I noticed these issues with the Select, and hoped it was just a few bad incidents, but I think I have to admit that they're not reliable diapers for me.

4 hours ago, Spargano said:

My hats off to you, @Reddy! I have read through many incontinence forums and one of the reasons many individuals deal with their incontinence as opposed to trying surgeries like Botox, intersim, artificial urinary sphincter is the reality that it is not a garuntee of 100% continence and so they don’t see the point of spending all that money if it might fail.

for this elective surgery, you have spent over 30,000 dollars with the possibility that it might not work, that it very likely will lead to painful strictures and the need to catheterize in the future all for the CHANCE of success. That is a special kind of devotion, trailblazing and guts. @BobbyBrownwalked this path first and took the slings of the untrodden path. How wonderful that he has gifted you and us with his experience that your journey might be easier than his.

i hope that all the worries and whatnot are for nothing, that you have perfect incontinence and that your stricture prevention strategy works. 

a question for you both. And maybe to @cathdiap as well, does their ever come a time where a stricture will NOT be looming, when @reddy can just live his life without having to use a sound or catheter to keep things open?

Thank you!  I appreciate that message, and I share your hope for good outcomes.

I am also very interested in the answer to your question about when I might be able to relax and assume a stricture is no longer imminent.  Maybe after a year?

4 hours ago, bwakee said:

Well, technically... at least once before. A time you will soon return to. ❤️ 

Haha, quite right, I definitely did need diapers before, as a baby/young kid.  😁  It's easy to forget that and say "never" but I certainly did need diapers and I'm excited to hopefully return to that!

1 hour ago, rick50 said:

great to hear you are recovering well from your surgery, what size catheter are you fitted with?

It is a 22fr foley catheter.

1 hour ago, cathdiap said:

I hope so for @Reddy and of course also for @BrownBobby after his upcoming surgery.

I use stents to simulate incontinence and have never experienced a stricture. Not even after wearing them for months on end. I would almost say the opposite, because I feel like I am more open after removing the stent. That's why I suggested to Reddy to use a catheter one night a week, maybe that will help prevent the formation of strictures. That would still be an acceptable solution in my opinion. Especially because the skin can then also recover from being wet in diapers for a week.

Wow, this is almost the same as what I'm experiencing when I wear my stent for weeks on end. I will continue to leak though, but certainly less when the rectum starts to fill with stool. I think this is because the rectum gets bigger and harder and starts to push against the back of the bladder, causing it to tilt a bit and making the outflow of urine a bit more difficult. However, when the bladder begins to contract, due to some external trigger, like laughing, getting out in the cold, washing your hands with cold water, the sound of running water it is game over and flooding will occur.

The same goes for holding back my bowel movements, it is much more difficult and painful than without the stent. I even went through a phase where I accidentally pooped in my diaper during long walks. I literally had to train and strengthen my anus to prevent more accidents. Coz I really hate poopy diapers. 

Wow, this is fascinating.  I am very curious to learn how my urinary incontinence interacts with potential bowel accidents.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reddy said:

Wow, this is fascinating.  I am very curious to learn how my urinary incontinence interacts with potential bowel accidents.

Would you mind if you also developed a mild form of fecal incontinence?

I must say that it certainly contributes to the feeling of incontinence. But I really don't like cleaning it afterwards.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cathdiap said:

Would you mind if you also developed a mild form of fecal incontinence?

I must say that it certainly contributes to the feeling of incontinence. But I really don't like cleaning it afterwards.

I think I prefer no bowel incontinence but I don't think I would really mind it too much.  I would need to take chlorophyll supplements and be careful about when I expect to be at risk for bowel accidents, but otherwise I agree, it would really contribute to that feeling of incontinence.

Good morning @Reddy

Today is the day! I'm so excited for you, I think about this thread constantly. Thank you for sharing your story on what is possible, it's really an eye opener and truly an inspiration.

Have fun

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, TJ-DL said:

Thank you for sharing your story on what is possible, it's really an eye opener and truly an inspiration.

I agree 100%. For me it is the best topic ever on this forum. And looking at the stats, I am guessing more members are interested. 

O and BTW Stents are ff-ing boring. :D

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TJ-DL said:

Good morning @Reddy

Today is the day! I'm so excited for you, I think about this thread constantly. Thank you for sharing your story on what is possible, it's really an eye opener and truly an inspiration.

Have fun

Yes, today is the day!  I am still waiting.  It might be a few hours.  Thanks for the support!!

3 hours ago, cathdiap said:

I agree 100%. For me it is the best topic ever on this forum. And looking at the stats, I am guessing more members are interested. 

O and BTW Stents are ff-ing boring. :D

Thanks!!  I enjoy this too.  I have spent most of this thread very very impatient and waiting 🤣 but I really enjoy it too.  And the waiting will soon be over.

3 hours ago, Ineedboth1994 said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526gju5isc0g3o0extai

Hide contents

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952tfqemkmfu1gavbcwsg

Hide contents

😂😂😂

It could be a couple hours.  I think Yuni has gotten caught up with other cases at the recovery house.

3 hours ago, cathdiap said:

1308908673_Goaheadpee.jpg.2247af0bd2d6c53795fb1713a468791d.jpg

🤣🤣

3 hours ago, bwakee said:

Soon

tenor.gif

😁😁😁😆

1 hour ago, Diapered Dave said:

Oh the suspense!! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat! (Which is a good way to rip a disposable diaper... ) 😆

I am too!  LOL

I'm on the edge of my... bed.

I think only a couple hours at most.

Oh she is here and parking.  It will be out soon!

Just cut off the valve side of the catheter, and give it a good yank... What could go wrong?!?!? 😆

Hahahaha

Just cut off the valve side of the catheter, and give it a good yank... What could go wrong?!?!? 😆

Haha!  I'm almost 38!  Old enough to have it done without permission, but perhaps not old enough to be out of diapers? 😂

It's out!!!

And that's the end of my countdowns.

Surgery - done 2/12

Catheter out - done 2/17

It is an immense relief to have the catheter out.  It feels like the source of all the pain is totally gone.

I just lowered my pants, still laying on the bed, and she took multiple trips of drawing and emptying the fluid from the balloon, and then it was ready to come out.  She gently pulled and it started coming out, it wasn't stuck at all, and came out quickly.  There was no worse pain than having the catheter in, in the first place.  I still feel the pain/irritation but I can feel that it is out so there is a relief feeling all over inside.

She placed a small cloth/tissue on my tip since she said there might be discharge (not bleeding).

She said to let her know when I first was able to pee.  She said there might be burning the first time.

But while she said that a small pool of pee came out and wet my pants.  Another one happened before she left.  I had no sensation of peeing, I still only have the sensation from the catheter, I only felt the wetness on my skin.

I will have to let her know that I peed immediately.

I raced to get a diaper on as soon as she left (it feels amazing to be able to jump up quickly and do that).

And now... I'll just see how the diaper feels after a while.

986642ef-724d-4015-98ca-220377b7fa05_text.gif.4d9d13df47de156e80c43c0f5cb52360.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Dude!! Congratulations!! I really really cannot express my gratitude for sharing this. I'm so glad most of your discomfort has gone. I'm so happy for you!

• Thanks 1

YAAY !!!  Reddy has to wear DIAPERS!!

So did she give you any instructions? like stay hydrated, no heavy lifting, no whining about wet pants...   😄

15 minutes ago, Reddy said:

I just lowered my pants, still laying on the bed, and she took multiple trips of drawing and emptying the fluid from the balloon, and then it was ready to come out. 

I'm curious...  "she took multiple trips of drawing and emptying the fluid from the balloon," 

How much fluid was in the balloon? Usually, with the caths I use, one syringe full, and the balloon is empty..

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

YAAY !!!  Reddy has to wear DIAPERS!!

So did she give you any instructions? like stay hydrated, no heavy lifting, no whining about wet pants...   😄

I'm curious...  "she took multiple trips of drawing and emptying the fluid from the balloon," 

How much fluid was in the balloon? Usually, with the caths I use, one syringe full, and the balloon is empty..

It was like 3 or 4.  But she had to bring the syringe kit from the hospital and it looked like a really small syringe, so it might have been a size mismatch.

She just said keep taking the medication as needed, and keep her updated.  No special instructions or restrictions aside from how to handle first peeing.

My diaper has been getting wetter in tiny amounts.  I can't tell until I feel the wet drips.

19 minutes ago, TJ-DL said:

Dude!! Congratulations!! I really really cannot express my gratitude for sharing this. I'm so glad most of your discomfort has gone. I'm so happy for you!

Thank you!!  Yeah, this is an amazing feeling. 😁

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, Reddy said:

My diaper has been getting wetter in tiny amounts.  I can't tell until I feel the wet drips.

Cool....  If you take a nap, you might want to set an alarm... You don't know how quickly that diaper will fill up.

How are you feeling? It might take a couple days for the real "Diaper Dependent" mindset to hit you...

3 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Cool....  If you take a nap, you might want to set an alarm... You don't know how quickly that diaper will fill up.

How are you feeling? It might take a couple days for the real "Diaper Dependent" mindset to hit you...

Yeah, I think it will hit me slowly.  So far I haven't lived through anything while incontinent yet, so I wonder if it will hit me in phases as I experience things.  I am probably gonna take a shower soon, and then get double diapered so I can relax and take stock of things and maybe find some new dinner options.  I think I've about gone through the entire room service menu by now 😂

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Yeah, I think it will hit me slowly.  So far I haven't lived through anything while incontinent yet, so I wonder if it will hit me in phases as I experience things.  I am probably gonna take a shower soon, and then get double diapered so I can relax and take stock of things and maybe find some new dinner options.  I think I've about gone through the entire room service menu by now 😂

And don't be afraid to post a photo of the wastebasket filling up with wet diapers!  😄😁😎

• Like 1
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico