LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

5 hours ago, Reddy said:

Ok the bed pads and lined plastic pants both sound smart.  Yeap I can probably skip the swim diapers.  Thanks!

Also you should invest in a waterproof mattress protector for home. Personally I put the disposable pads over the protector but under the bedsheet. You can also get reusable absorbent pads for beds and chairs, like cotton or bamboo quilting with a waterproof back. I'd wouldn't recommend them for Mexico, but seeing as you'll be leaking upon your return it's something to consider purchasing in advance. You need protection between your diaper and sofa, bed, chairs etc or they will start to smell with time. Plastic pants probably help a lot but personally I find them uncomfortable so don't wear them too often. 

I have a waterproof mattress already for home.  It's great.  My bed was getting destroyed before that.  I don't have anything for chairs or couch but probably should have.

I am lazy so just use disposable pads for chairs tbh. I recently bought a reusable absorbent skirt for bed wetting on Amazon and it works great for over my diaper. Let's air flow but catches anything the diaper doesn't. Could be worth a try as we'll. 

How is your wardrobe? I've learned that black, roomy jeans and a onesie with a long shirt that extends past my fly is a good cover outfit. Maybe another thing to consider buying advance in if you don't already have several pairs of each (as you'll be doing a lot of laundry).

Just wondering what other things I've learned from 24/7 to help cope. 🤔

• Like 1
10 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

I am lazy so just use disposable pads for chairs tbh. I recently bought a reusable absorbent skirt for bed wetting on Amazon and it works great for over my diaper. Let's air flow but catches anything the diaper doesn't. Could be worth a try as we'll. 

How is your wardrobe? I've learned that black, roomy jeans and a onesie with a long shirt that extends past my fly is a good cover outfit. Maybe another thing to consider buying advance in if you don't already have several pairs of each (as you'll be doing a lot of laundry).

Just wondering what other things I've learned from 24/7 to help cope. 🤔

I need to get more black jeans as @oznl also suggested.  The long shirt sounds good too.  Unfortunately at work I have to have all shirts tucked in.

IMG-20240127-WA0002.thumb.jpg.cda308103514521e964ce970d9f69a8c.jpg

21 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Ask your doctor but I'm pretty sure you should avoid aspirin before/after surgery as it's a blood thinner (prevents clotting, which you need to heal). 

Ok I will definitely ask him.  I won’t take it beforehand and I'll ask him what I can and can't take for after surgery.

3 minutes ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

What type of work do you do? Interesting to hear how diapered lifestyle is better/worse in different professions.

I work in an office.  I manage a couple teams.  It's completely indoors in a regular office setting.  I only work from home very rarely.  I'm almost always in the office every day.

Just now, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Have you worn at work before? Do you plan on notifying HR and asking for accomodations or just changing discretely? I've done the latter, stashing changing supplies in shower rooms etc. 

No I haven't worn diapers at work before, but I don't think I need to notify HR yet.  I'm just going to bring diapers in my backpack every day and change in the bathroom when I need to.  There are some private bathrooms that are usually available.

• Like 1

Are you worried about your incontinence making it more difficult to date? I only pretend to be incontinent but it makes me very scared to put myself out there haha.

I guess at your age a lot of women have had kids and will themselves or have friends who have incontinence issues, so maybe it's NBD. 

• Like 1

I'm not too worried about that.  I want to be incontinent and hopefully I can find someone who likes me for me and for my incontinence too.  As far as dating I think it's something that would become obvious quickly so I would be more likely to be open with it, put it in my dating profile, etc.  It will probably turn off a lot of people, rather weed them out first.  I have been too busy to date so this all hypothetical anyway.

• Like 1

Mr reddy i just want to say im super excited for you ive wanted to be incontinent for as long as long as i can remember im really intrested in your journy and hope all goes well! Please keeping us updated like you have been and please ignore all the naysayers as for myself this is a burning desire my mind is made up it just hasent happened yet

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, voodoochild said:

Mr reddy i just want to say im super excited for you ive wanted to be incontinent for as long as long as i can remember im really intrested in your journy and hope all goes well! Please keeping us updated like you have been and please ignore all the naysayers as for myself this is a burning desire my mind is made up it just hasent happened yet

Thank you!  I am extremely excited too.  I can't believe it's finally about to happen.  I will keep you all updated.  It's surely a burning desire for me too 🙂

So I’m in a bit of an odd space. I have to have surgery to fix a fistula that was caused by an anal fissure. My dr. recommended not doing the surgery to fix the fissure as that has a risk of bowel incontinence (although it’s rare, according to him). Bowel incontinence isn’t something I’m dying for, but I think I may ask for both procedures if it’s possible and doesn’t impact my surgery date. The pain from the fissure and the medication are enough to take the risk I think. 

7 hours ago, Reddy said:

I need to get more black jeans as @oznl also suggested.  The long shirt sounds good too.  Unfortunately at work I have to have all shirts tucked in.

It probably goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway 🤣 ) that you'll need to size those jeans up a bit.  I went up 2 waist inches when I went into diapers full time which is probably a consequence of my strategy to trade diaper weight for immunity from in-office-diaper-changing.  You might want to head to the store diapered in the thickest product you think you'll be using and try jeans on over them.  Too tight and you'll get visible-diaper-line.  I've even got a couple of 42" waist jeans that I can use over pinned cloth diapers (although I wouldn't wear cloth to work).

Initially I was also in a formal office environment.  I found slightly loose (over-sized) clothing helped a lot.  Even tucked in, a generously sized shirt did reduce any cues (which were probably so subtle that only people who knew what they were looking for would have spotted them to be honest).

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, oznl said:

It probably goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway 🤣 ) that you'll need to size those jeans up a bit.  I went up 2 waist inches when I went into diapers full time which is probably a consequence of my strategy to trade diaper weight for immunity from in-office-diaper-changing.  You might want to head to the store diapered in the thickest product you think you'll be using and try jeans on over them.  Too tight and you'll get visible-diaper-line.  I've even got a couple of 42" waist jeans that I can use over pinned cloth diapers (although I wouldn't wear cloth to work).

Initially I was also in a formal office environment.  I found slightly loose (over-sized) clothing helped a lot.  Even tucked in, a generously sized shirt did reduce any cues (which were probably so subtle that only people who knew what they were looking for would have spotted them to be honest).

Another tip.... I also have to dress "Business Casual" for my job.  - Tucked-in shirt, dress slacks.... When I started wearing daytime diapers, I also had to up-size my slacks. In addition to going to a larger size, I found that pleated slacks give a little more "Diaper-Hide-Ability" in the crotch area than regular slacks do. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dprpail said:

So I’m in a bit of an odd space. I have to have surgery to fix a fistula that was caused by an anal fissure. My dr. recommended not doing the surgery to fix the fissure as that has a risk of bowel incontinence (although it’s rare, according to him). Bowel incontinence isn’t something I’m dying for, but I think I may ask for both procedures if it’s possible and doesn’t impact my surgery date. The pain from the fissure and the medication are enough to take the risk I think. 

Which procedures would you ask for?  The fistula procedure and a urinary incontinence procedure?

46 minutes ago, oznl said:

Ok, that's a great idea.  I could go trying on jeans next week or weekend and get some pairs before my surgery.  It makes sense to stock up now.  Great idea to wear my thickest diapers to size them correctly.

30 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Another tip.... I also have to dress "Business Casual" for my job.  - Tucked-in shirt, dress slacks.... When I started wearing daytime diapers, I also had to up-size my slacks. In addition to going to a larger size, I found that pleated slacks give a little more "Diaper-Hide-Ability" in the crotch area than regular slacks do. 

Pleated sounds like a great trick.  Thanks 👍

7 hours ago, Reddy said:

I'm not too worried about that.  I want to be incontinent and hopefully I can find someone who likes me for me and for my incontinence too.  As far as dating I think it's something that would become obvious quickly so I would be more likely to be open with it, put it in my dating profile, etc.  It will probably turn off a lot of people, rather weed them out first.  I have been too busy to date so this all hypothetical anyway.

My experience with that is: Don't write it directly in your profile. But tell before or on the first date. Consider writing a hint in the profile to make it easier to open up about.

I had something like this written in my profile: "I accept people for who they are and prefer people to be honest with everything from the beginning. Physical or hidden disabilities don't scare me. Humans are package deals and nobody is perfect."

It worked for me, and I've been in a relationship for 8 months now 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico