LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Advertisements - triggers, memories or just so darn cute?

Growing up I remember being intrigued (and jealous) of Diaper advertisements on TV.   They were always so cute, classic mommy's dealing with leaks and wet bums.   Ads of the late 70's, 80's and into early 90's were part of my ABDL journey.    I remember not being happy with Cloth-like diapers came out.....   Diaper commercials and walking the diaper aisle at the grocery store or Toys R US was always a guilty pleasure.   Then I discovered that I could acquire diapers from families with babies in diapers.    A diaper stacker, changing table or open box of Pampers was always a welcome find!   

Some of the most memorable were the ones where mommy's advised each other on better diapers to prevent leaks or wet bums (70's & 80's).  Pampers always seemed to "serious" and Luvs and Huggies were always fun.    All diaper commercials got more fun as the years passed.   "3am in Pampers" and some of the Go-Go-Galaw are among my favorite.

I always thought it would be fun to remake some of the classic diaper ads with Adult Diapers.  

Does anyone else have memories or favorite commercials.

Joey

• Like 3

There was a classic Luv's jingle that accompanied the commercials in the 1980's - it went "Luv's - do do do do do, do do do do do do do du do do - you're baby's comfort begins with Luv's...." 

It's burned into my brain because my sister and brother used to sometimes sing it at me if we were in a disagreement, or if they wanted to get under my skin. I recall one particular occasion where there was a bunch of us in the basement of my aunt's house on the East coast - we were there for Christmas - and my sister and I were arguing over who got to sit in a coveted bean bag chair on the floor for a TV show. I was insisting that it was my turn - she'd had it earlier that day or whatever - and so I parked myself on the chair and basically defied her to try and get me off of it. Well, she started humming the Luv's theme, and I more or less jumped up immediately, because she knew I had a diaper on under my pajamas (not a Luv's, though - I wish it had been!), and of course the unspoken threat was that she'd tell my cousins if I didn't give her the chair. Ahh, sisters. Gotta love 'em. Or "Luv" 'em. 

In general, I always watched those adds with a mixture of fascination and slight horror, because at least some of the time, I was sitting in a diaper, and so it felt like the TV Gods were reminding everyone one in the room. But, I loved seeing the products. My experience with the diaper Aisle at Toys R' Us or the supermarket was the same - I loved the smell and looking at all the packages, but most of the time, we walked past those shelves as a family, so I dreaded my sister making a comment. My brother was less likely to do so, because I could punch him later, but hitting my sister was strictly forbidden (although she hit me from time to time!). 

As an adult I sometimes feel the same way - if I'm watching TV with my wife and diapers somehow come up within the show or a baby diaper or Depends commercial comes on, I'll be reminded that, of course, I'm wearing a diaper, and, presumably, she has the same thought... 

• Like 2

Ah yes diaper ads, no question they did trigger me once I realized I wanted to wear again. Never fully knew why because I was fully trained by 2 or 3 and was never a bed wetter. I was a cloth baby but I know when my oldest nephew was born I saw his pampers and it really intrigued me.

I picked one up and at age 17 I was so wanting to find a way to get diapered in a cute disposable diaper.

From then on I watched diaper ads and looked at them in magazines and yes walked the diaper aisle in the stores

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I can remember a Pampers commercial that was from probably the late 80's. They came out with a larger size that was aimed at toddlers who were potty training,  but where they would be away from a toilet for a long period of time. They showed a kid fishing as an example.  Towards the end of the commercial,  a little kid was seen running and then stopped for a moment and paused. Then squatted down to pick something up I think.  You just know that he filled his diaper during that pause.  I loved that commercial but they didn't air it very long.

• Like 1

Always tried to change the channel to a soap opera just after the top of the hour in hopes of seeing a diaper ad.   Loved the ones where they would have a baby dressed up as some sort of a worker, and make a pun out of a diaper leak, and how a new diaper solves the "work" problem.

Some print ads were great as well, used to love going to library and reading Parents Magazine, and finding the 3 main diaper ads in them.  If I'm ever lucky enough to have a nursery, I'd love to have a couple of diaper ads framed on the wall for art.

• Like 1

When adult nappy ads come up on the television I sometimes suggest to Mummy that perhaps she ought to try them.  She's not keen for some reason.  Can't think why - they're obviously the latest thing in underwear.

I like the Fairy Liquid washing up ads too - particularly the cartoon baby in a thick cloth nappy riding a motorbike.  Mind you, the lack of any plastic pants makes that a bit impractical.

And yes, any nappy advert works for me. My heart jumps every time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a teen baby I would sometimes ditch school, diaper up and put on Barney or Seaseme Street and yea, would get that weird feeling every time a diaper ad came on. Almost like the tv was pointing out I was watching the kid shows diapered. Eh. Teen baby days. They pass too fast. 

• Like 1