LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Formal wear...?

MixerOp

This might have been discussed already, but has anyone had to wear to a formal event like a wedding, a funeral or maybe even a prom or some dance? Has anyone wanted to (not needed to) and actually done it?

• Like 1

Regardless of the ceremony event occasion - wearing some degree of protection is the smart thing to do even if not IC.

Of course controlling the food and drink prior would help but the show must go on without interruption (or so it should).

For those that are IC to one degree or another - the problem is solved naturally i.e. diaper etc.

For those that are not - one must be the judge of holding off the normal forces of nature calls.

Maybe harder for the guys to hide the protection (diaper bulge) in a formal outfit even a custom fitted one.

Formal wear with pleated structure can hide a lot of this - really - these are not speedo swimsuit full exposure events ! LOL !

Compression fitted underwear maybe useful in reduction of the bulge.

For the guys not so much a problem as it is for the gals - going to the loo when the time/intermission permits is a real challenge !

One of the best kept secrets is wearing protection in these cases.

And - NO - I have not worn protection (haven't needed it) but am fully aware of the underlying secrets behind the scenes.

Always. Needs must!  You become adapt to sizing and fit to hide any bulges. Not always possible to bring spare diapers to formal events though. Get more looks carrying a rucksack at a formal event than people noticing whats underneath your clothes down there! :-)

A good properly fitting suit will actualy hide most diapers. You can also get a suit coat that is slightly longer that will help quite well in concealing a diaper. A lot depends on the suit that your wearing, and how it fits. For that matter, if you have a tailor that you trust, you can get a good suit tailered to fit you better, and conceal your diaper a lot easyer.

Women do, in a way, have it easyer, skirts can quite easily hide a diaper, well, long skirts can. Never mind that there are a lot of underthings that a woman can wear to break up the lines of a diaper under a skirt. A garter belt, and other such things can be quite good at helping to conceal a diaper.

• Like 1

I haven't worn anything other than a diaper in over 4 years, so I've worn them to weddings, funerals, dinners, meetings - basically everywhere. I just bought another suit, and I had it fitted while wearing a diaper - that's the key to it. I also tend to go to a medium-weight product under such circumstances. It would be a mistake to buy dressy clothes that only work over a diaper I'd have to change every 90 minutes, but, neither would I try to wear a MegaMax or a Critter Caboose to a formal dinner. My clothes would have to be comically baggy, and, my wife would probably kill me. 

I went to a fundraiser last night. I was wearing a suit pant with white shirt and tie. I was the only one not wearing a jacket, so I looked like an idiot in comparison AND the jacket would have hidden my bulge. Just get your pants tailored (buy them bigger than you need and have them adjusted I wold say) and when wearing a jacket, it should cover most of your bottom. I wear a suit every day to work and give presentations and stuff and no one has ever said anything.

Like another said, I would go with a thicker diaper for absorbency in lieu of bringing a bag, BUT I have been to multiple wedding with a camera bag (camera in top pocket, diapers and wipes in bottom) without issue. Though, the better camera phones are the more weir it looks to bring a camera bag. Or if you have a girlfriend of wife, ask to put a change in her bag.

It adds stress, but just remember to relax and not worry about it. No one will notice.

• 3 weeks later...