LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does a tomgirl outfit count

fixitboy

• 1 month later...

The term is "tomBOY". The only other time I heard "tomgirl" is from Carolyn, 40 years ago.

The basic idea of "Sissy", from what I can get out of what I see, is a simpering non-entity. Effeminacy is not femininity and I can find nothing that goes with "emasculation". A tomboy is not a non-entity. As the term is used, she is a girl with an over-abundance of masculine qualities and proclivities. That is as opposite to a sissy as day and night

• Confused 1

It is strange, until this thread I had not heard of the term "tomgirl." So out of curiosity I googled it looking for a definition. I found it, but not on any old established dictionary (Oxford, Miriam-Webster, etc.) sites, just Wiktionary, thefreedictionary, urban dictionary, and other web only "dictionaries." I did find tomgirl on Oxford, Miriam-Webster and such. I also found the term I remember "Nancy Boy," which has more homosexual slur connotations, although was used, along with sissy, for effeminate boys.

So just when did tomgirl start getting used? 

7 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

So just when did tomgirl start getting used? 

It strikes me as basically being the same thing but without the associated negative judgement.

And at a guess, it's probably early-Tumblr.