LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Door Dash, PostMates, etc

• DailyDiapers changed the title to Door Dash, PostMates, etc

Nope, I order my diapers directly from either ABU or Rearz which usually arrive within a week (2 to 5 days on average) ABU is usually the fastest as they are pretty local, just north of me here in Seattle, Rearz is closer to the 5 day mark as they're way up in Canada. Still, pretty quick though, however I have to watch out for my Rearz ones as they ship via UPS which are notorious for not leaving packages so I have to almost sit at the door to my building to ensure that I get my delivery. ABU ships via Fed Ex who typically do leave it at the door.

• Like 1

A few years ago I realised that a diaper delivery wasn't going to arrive on time due to the Easter weekend.  So I ordered two packs of twelve Tena pullups on one of the home delivery apps.  Since the beginning of this year I'm in the Cloth Diaper Club so I suppose this kind of emergency won't happen again.

• Like 1

I did a couple times. Before I went 24/7 I would order pads or cheap pull-ups. Only once did they leave it out in the open. Bit usually if you tip them good and leave a memo. They will cover them up. One lady even gave me a tote bag, so she could conceal it completely. Really appreciated that. 

On the other hand I do door dash every now and then for a quick buck. I have had to pick up "products" thrice. Once was some generic bladder pads, other 2 were pull-ups. I double bagged both sides of the bag so it wouldn't show or be obvious. 

One of them texted me that they appreciated that. 

5 hours ago, prideful said:

I did a couple times. Before I went 24/7 I would order pads or cheap pull-ups. Only once did they leave it out in the open. Bit usually if you tip them good and leave a memo. They will cover them up. One lady even gave me a tote bag, so she could conceal it completely. Really appreciated that.

Is not the company where you get thngs supposed to see to the concealment. I do not like using "tipped" service as you are at the mercy of the delivery person. I favor objective, fixed pricing rather than things with loose ends. I am in favor of paying persons what they are worth and putting it in the price. That way, everything is up front

3 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Is not the company where you get thngs supposed to see to the concealment. I do not like using "tipped" service as you are at the mercy of the delivery person. I favor objective, fixed pricing rather than things with loose ends. I am in favor of paying persons what they are worth and putting it in the price. That way, everything is up front

I like that idea too but where I live it is mandatory. Some of my first jobs I had to live off tips. It really is awful.

I normally order straight from NorthShore, had to go find a DailyDi post for the ad link, so I wouldn't use this. Plus the sort of product available wouldn't be that great.

I have had one grocery order delivered this way. I was unimpressed with whomever picked out my groceries, nectarines are not peaches, and was really disappointed by the delivery crew as they dropped everything off at my back door.

1 hour ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I normally order straight from NorthShore, had to go find a DailyDi post for the ad link, so I wouldn't use this. Plus the sort of product available wouldn't be that great.

I have had one grocery order delivered this way. I was unimpressed with whomever picked out my groceries, nectarines are not peaches, and was really disappointed by the delivery crew as they dropped everything off at my back door.

For groceries, I do my own shopping. That means one of two things, grab my 120L capacity, 35" large mountaineer backpack and either take two buses to Market Basket or walk the 1.8 mile each way trip to Stop & Shop, getting between 3 and 5 of those pathetically small plastic bags of groceries and putting them in my pack and going back the way I came. That we I get what I want because I pick it out myself. You know what they say about those whom Heaven helps

If I ever had a diaper emergency, I have a medical store like 1 km away.

I have bought diapers from them before, no issues.
Don't buy anymore cause they now only have cloth-like. 

I've never used one of the "gig economy" delivery services to get diapers dropped off. I usually order directly from Rearz, ABU & Bambino. For NorthShore products, as well as my lightweight gym diapers, I go through a local medical supply company that uses the postal service, rather than UPS, or FedEx, to deliver, and the results there have been hit and miss. Sometimes, the case gets dropped off on my porch, which is the best outcome, often within just a couple of days - they are quick. However, depending on the mood of the person delivering the package, sometimes I instead get notified that it's behind the desk at my local post office, thus requiring me to drive there, stand in line, and receive my case of diapers from the same lady who's always manning the counter there. The boxes don't say "diapers" anywhere on them, but, they have my name and the name of the company, and the company deals primarily in incontinence products - I'm pretty sure they know what's in there, I'm just hoping they think it's for my aging parents or something. 

Once, I ordered a bag rather than a case, because it was a new product for me and I didn't want to commit to 60 units. They wrapped the bag in packing paper, and the postal worker jammed it into the medium size "oversized parcel" cubby in the community mailbox, where it was a tight fit. The door for the cubby is part of a larger door they open when they fill all of them, and when they closed it, they jammed the cubby door, so that when I retrieved the key from my mailbox for the cubby, it wouldn't open. Fast forward to me standing there the next day when they sent out a service guy, and he managed to open the cubby door by forcing it, and then he pulled my package out... except a fold of the packing paper was caught in between the front and the sides of the cubby, so the side ripped off of the parcel, revealing... Tena ProSkin Ultra Stretch Plus Super Absorbent Diapers, or whatever the hell they were called. At least it wasn't a bag of Bambino Classico's... 

12 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

11 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

For groceries, I do my own shopping. That means one of two things, grab my 120L capacity, 35" large mountaineer backpack and either take two buses to Market Basket or walk the 1.8 mile each way trip to Stop & Shop, getting between 3 and 5 of those pathetically small plastic bags of groceries and putting them in my pack and going back the way I came. That we I get what I want because I pick it out myself. You know what they say about those whom Heaven helps

For some people it's hard to get out and do shopping.  Elderly with no transportation or people who work long hours or have kids with a lot of extra circular activities.  It's the lazy ones who use technology for everything that I have issues with.  They can't tear away from their smart phones long enough to do anything for themselves.  If they had the proper app or Alexa, they would use it to wipe their ass for them!  "Alexa, wipe my butt". 

For the super lazy tekkies who can't even pull themselves away long enough to get a few groceries, they deserve to end up with the oldest products, wilted lettuce, brown bananas, toughest cuts of meat heavy with gristle, short date on the milk and eggs and stale bread.  They want to pay someone else do their shopping for them, they have to take what they get.   By the way, if I worked at the store and got one of these young lazy people, (not the elderly or those with long work hours), I would do just that.  Pick out the older stuff for them to help my business get rid of it before it goes bad.  By the way, it's probably the young 20 year old at the store filling your cart with nectarines and not peaches because he is playing on his own smart phone while he is supposed to be paying attention to his job.  He should be looking up important things like the difference between peaches and nectarines instead of looking at the latest TIK TOC challenge or learning how to read the signs over the fruit and vegetables.

I do not know if I am "elderly" but I do not have transport since I am lifelong legally blind. However I am still of sound body (as to mind, I make no claimes whatsoever), so,it is use it or lose it. While I can, I will. that way I retain my independence to have what I want instead of having to settle for what others decide on what I should have. I could write a book about the problems with transportation for the legally blind (who still have some eyesight that is useful, the term should be "very low vision") in a world where at-will, point-to-point transport is not only normal, but the default position and deemed by sociol scientests "a necessity" for the last 57 years, both from an academic and living standpoint. You are dealing with what would be a combination of paranoid personality, OCD and a healthy dose of anger as normal personality development. A condition where insanity is absolutely sane

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 6:48 AM, rusty pins said:

Is there a Door Dash, Postmates or other app where you could order a nanny to come change your diaper when needed?

I doubt anyone would ever bother with such an app.  The number of ways that could blow up before it's launched (privacy issues, legal issues, far-right politicians/cops, and so on) would deter anyone let alone finding an adquate market.  Especially in the current political climate in many countries.