LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Did you (or do you) feel a knot in your pelvic area? Did untraining help relieve the tension?

This is something I’ve been curious about for a while, specifically if other people experienced the same thing, and if so, what that implies.  

One of the unexpected and best outcomes from untraining is how relaxed everything feels down there.  My external sphincter muscle has long since defaulted to open and the bladder muscles are uncoordinated and reflexively contract when there is any sensation of bladder pressure.   And yet prior to untraining, I chronically felt this big knot at the base of my pelvic area.  It was like a ball of tension, which has since gone me away.   I assumed that’s how it is for everyone, but what if that’s not true? And in fact, the tension may have been indicative of some undiagnosed dysfunctional voiding and a reason I feel so comfortable in diapers!   

6 hours ago, Enthusi said:

This is something I’ve been curious about for a while, specifically if other people experienced the same thing, and if so, what that implies.  

One of the unexpected and best outcomes from untraining is how relaxed everything feels down there.  My external sphincter muscle has long since defaulted to open and the bladder muscles are uncoordinated and reflexively contract when there is any sensation of bladder pressure.   And yet prior to untraining, I chronically felt this big knot at the base of my pelvic area.  It was like a ball of tension, which has since gone me away.   I assumed that’s how it is for everyone, but what if that’s not true? And in fact, the tension may have been indicative of some undiagnosed dysfunctional voiding and a reason I feel so comfortable in diapers!   

I had OAB. I definitely had that "knot" feeling it would frequently cause me pain. I also didn't know others didn't feel that I learned after asking my friend few years ago. I personally feel a new found freedom. I am not nearly on edge like before. I am consitently relaxed and feel like a new person. 

You probably had an undiagnosed OAB. Glad you feel so much more safe now. ♥

17 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Yes, but it is regrettably episodic.  There are times (such as right now when I'm sitting quietly at my desk responding to your question) where I can feel a distinct "drop" down there that remains "dropped".  The effect is one of a curious lightness in my lower abdomen.  It feels like I'm just on the edge of peeing but mostly nothing happens apart from occasional drips and dribbles.

It doesn't last.  I stand up, walk around, take a phone call, pretty much whatever of a constellation of potential interruptions and I kind of close up again.  I can feel it when it comes back very distinctly as a kind of "tensed muscle" feeling down there.  I CAN reach the "relaxed" state a lot more quickly and stay there a lot longer than I used to and I suspect it is drifting into this whilst asleep that drives my bedwetting but I can't honestly say it is my default state.  Just an increasingly common one.

I'd be happy to lose that "tensed up" state and remain permanently in pressure-free-land but it doesn't seem like I'm there yet...

I used to always have the feeling of needing to pee even though there was nothing there. I dont have that any more. I just pee freely without effort now. I drip and dribble all the time and my bladder just releases without warning several times a day and during the night.

10 hours ago, oznl said:

Yes, but it is regrettably episodic.  There are times (such as right now when I'm sitting quietly at my desk responding to your question) where I can feel a distinct "drop" down there that remains "dropped".  The effect is one of a curious lightness in my lower abdomen.  It feels like I'm just on the edge of peeing but mostly nothing happens apart from occasional drips and dribbles.

It doesn't last.  I stand up, walk around, take a phone call, pretty much whatever of a constellation of potential interruptions and I kind of close up again.  I can feel it when it comes back very distinctly as a kind of "tensed muscle" feeling down there.  I CAN reach the "relaxed" state a lot more quickly and stay there a lot longer than I used to and I suspect it is drifting into this whilst asleep that drives my bedwetting but I can't honestly say it is my default state.  Just an increasingly common one.

I'd be happy to lose that "tensed up" state and remain permanently in pressure-free-land but it doesn't seem like I'm there yet...

This pretty much describes my experience as well. I sometimes achieve an "openness" or relaxed state down there, often after giving permission for a transfer, wherein I can feel dribbles or a light trickle occurring minutes later. Sometimes this happens while I'm concentrating on something else, such as work, or driving. But, like spotting a deer in the woods, if I pay much attention to it, it darts away - things tense up again and go back to "normal". I'll find myself concentrating on not changing anything down there, but that's like trying not to think about something. Eventually, the muscles realize they're being watched, and they go back to their posts. I definitely enjoy the slightly disconcerting, almost Zen-like state of experiencing things happening involuntarily, even for a few short minutes. I'd accept longer bouts of that if it were on offer. 

At night, I'm not sure what exactly is happening whenever I have an unrecalled wetting event while sleeping, because, of course, I was unconscious when it happened. I'd love to believe that I get so relaxed that the guards leave the gates open for a while, but I suspect what's actually happening is, I'm feeling the need to pee, and drifting upwards in the "consciousness column", but I don't have to get as close to the surface as I used to, before the new protocol is implemented, and I just go with it. My primary evidence for this is how infrequently I leak (although it has happened), despite being a stomach sleeper. Evidently, I'm rolling over onto my back, even though I don't remember doing it, because taking a long, satisfying break from continence while lying on my stomach often leads to a loss of containment as well, and I don't have a lot of those, despite not wearing plastic pants most of the time. Ergo, I suspect I'm waking up and "deliberately" relaxing, despite not recalling doing so, and I'm not just "open" while I sleep, much as I'd like to be. 

4 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

At night, I'm not sure what exactly is happening whenever I have an unrecalled wetting event while sleeping, because, of course, I was unconscious when it happened. I'd love to believe that I get so relaxed that the guards leave the gates open for a while, but I suspect what's actually happening is, I'm feeling the need to pee, and drifting upwards in the "consciousness column", but I don't have to get as close to the surface as I used to, before the new protocol is implemented, and I just go with it.

At risk of going slightly off topic, I was listening to an academic lecture on sleeping (I have a lot of time for podcasts right now when out on the road) the other day.  I learned that sleep is NOT unconsciousness but rather a fairly broad region of an altered state of consciousness.  Rather a lot can (and does) go on and still fit within the envelope of "sleep" it seems.

I know that in my case, the persistence of "unplanned" nocturnal peeing into situations where I am NOT protected by a nappy (triggering cold wet beds which I'd neither choose nor enjoy) reflects that such as those events MAY have been "decisions", they took place in an altered state of consciousness.

• Like 1

@oznl At the risk of going even more off topic, I find it fascinating how sleep wetting manifests itself at the different levels of consciousness.  In lighter stages of sleep I tend to wake up groggy mid-stream, vaguely confused and yet unconcerned about the warmth I’m sensing in my crotch area. In deeper sleep I obviously have no memory, just a wet diaper in the AM.  During REM sleep, my dreams will incorporate some aspect of the sleep wetting into the dream. Sometimes they’re classic pee dreams, other times it will be represented by something else. For instance one time I dreamt I was a robot gushing oil out of my abdomen. (or my diaper).   Sometimes I wake up dry only to promptly soak myself when I reach for my phone to check the time.  

Ahh good times!  

7 hours ago, Enthusi said:

@oznl At the risk of going even more off topic, I find it fascinating how sleep wetting manifests itself at the different levels of consciousness.  In lighter stages of sleep I tend to wake up groggy mid-stream, vaguely confused and yet unconcerned about the warmth I’m sensing in my crotch area. In deeper sleep I obviously have no memory, just a wet diaper in the AM.  During REM sleep, my dreams will incorporate some aspect of the sleep wetting into the dream. Sometimes they’re classic pee dreams, other times it will be represented by something else. For instance one time I dreamt I was a robot gushing oil out of my abdomen. (or my diaper).   Sometimes I wake up dry only to promptly soak myself when I reach for my phone to check the time. 

Yes!  Pretty much all of this I align with.

9 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Ahh good times!  

I have weird dreams too. I don't really wake up anymore but couple nights ago I had a funny dream. In it, I was wearing a long shirt that "kind of" covered my big ol diaper. In the dream I was going about my day, only difference was in the dream I was constantly peeing full power stream. The diaper in the dream kept getting warmer and warmer. At some point I went to the office and idk why but I bent down and had my diaper on full display. One person laughed and every one else just glared at them. 

I feel like it is mostly because I don't feel intimidated anymore 😕 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 1:18 AM, oznl said:

Glad I'm not the only one...