LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just a curious question

I just have a simple question to ask.  

Who here has been in a MLM company like for Example Amway since that one well everyone should know who they are.

Just your thoughts on your experience with the MLM you were with.

[Disclaimer} Not selling anything just asking a question on your thoughts.

@DiaperboyEddie12 many years ago I went to an Amway recruitment seminar. The senior people running it showed up in their fancy $$$$$ motorhome dressed to the nines. They basically said that any person there could do the same as they did. I couldn't argue with that assertion. When it got down to one on one recruitment I suspect I was the only person in attendance that had a viable argument for why I was not going to join the Amway family.

Most people that don't want to join use a list of standard reasons for not wanting to join up like I don't have the time, I don't have enough room, I have a full time job etc. Amway has answers for all these reasons and more. The senior people in the organization are people that worked their way up from the bottom and have heard every excuse in the book and are well trained and experience to counter any excuse. I didn't use an excuse. I told them I wasn't interested in the opportunity. When asked why I told them I knew without doubt that I could achieve success with Amway but I wasn't interested in success. I told them my free time had more value to me than any cash I would earn through spending all my waking time working the buisness. They were speechless lol. The truth I believe is that it can work but the cost is much too high for me personally. I don't regret my decision in the least. Good luck to you in whatever decision you come to in this matter.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2
On 7/26/2023 at 4:10 PM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

I just have a simple question to ask.  

Who here has been in a MLM company like for Example Amway since that one well everyone should know who they are.

Just your thoughts on your experience with the MLM you were with.

[Disclaimer} Not selling anything just asking a question on your thoughts.

I was in it about 30 yrs ago, unless you are a real aggressive sales person you will not make it at all. They made us bo to all these out of town presentations of all of the stars of Amway. It cost money to pay for the motel, food, everything , and they say oh it's all a tax rite off. Well you can rite it all off, but we never made even 10% of what we paid out . I do understand they now have made it an online streaming to save you and you can sell online etc. But all we did was pay and pay, and yeah we made some sales. They are or were their own private community had those things like I would like to call a locker room rah rah to make you feel like you will make it. Bottom line some will make it but they make it off the people that you recruit and you get them to use all of the products and you get points from it etc etc. Like I said if you are a really good sales person ...........

• Like 2

I tried my hand at selling Scentsy products, which is similar to a MLM set-up. I did okay with it, but you really have to be a social go-getter to make bank, and I'm too much of an indoor cat.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

@DiaperboyEddie12 many years ago I went to an Amway recruitment seminar. The senior people running it showed up in their fancy $$$$$ motorhome dressed to the nines. They basically said that any person there could do the same as they did. I couldn't argue with that assertion. When it got down to one on one recruitment I suspect I was the only person in attendance that had a viable argument for why I was not going to join the Amway family.

Most people that don't want to join use a list of standard reasons for not wanting to join up like I don't have the time, I don't have enough room, I have a full time job etc. Amway has answers for all these reasons and more. The senior people in the organization are people that worked their way up from the bottom and have heard every excuse in the book and are well trained and experience to counter any excuse. I didn't use an excuse. I told them I wasn't interested in the opportunity. When asked why I told them I knew without doubt that I could achieve success with Amway but I wasn't interested in success. I told them my free time had more value to me than any cash I would earn through spending all my waking time working the buisness. They were speechless lol. The truth I believe is that it can work but the cost is much too high for me personally. I don't regret my decision in the least. Good luck to you in whatever decision you come to in this matter.

Hugs,

Freta

That is one great answer you gave them.  I was once be part of a presentation well the presentation goer not the giver for Quixstar Amways other venture.  But as soon as the guy put the video tape in and showed the video I already new it was Amway and When the guy left I told my friend that what you will invest in is Amway and you will not make money from it.

28 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

I was in it about 30 yrs ago, unless you are a real aggressive sales person you will not make it at all. They made us bo to all these out of town presentations of all of the stars of Amway. It cost money to pay for the motel, food, everything , and they say oh it's all a tax rite off. Well you can rite it all off, but we never made even 10% of what we paid out . I do understand they now have made it an online streaming to save you and you can sell online etc. But all we did was pay and pay, and yeah we made some sales. They are or were their own private community had those things like I would like to call a locker room rah rah to make you feel like you will make it. Bottom line some will make it but they make it off the people that you recruit and you get them to use all of the products and you get points from it etc etc. Like I said if you are a really good sales person ...........

Yea I know all about those meetings I have been to a few and the ones who make money in Amway are put at the top for a reason they can suck the power right out under you and you would not even know it has happened.  They give you all these great talks but in the long run you will not make money from any of them.

28 minutes ago, DailyDiapers said:

I tried my hand at selling Scentsy products, which is similar to a MLM set-up. I did okay with it, but you really have to be a social go-getter to make bank, and I'm too much of an indoor cat.

Yes you are right this is a people business though the one I am in now I talk to some people but I only talk via internet.  As When i talk to people when I am out and about well it does not work.  So I stick to my online ventures.

11 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I don't like people. So it's not for me.

But you do like me right?

5 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

But you do like me right?

Yep, and Mikey, and Baby Spidey (or whatever it is this week), and most everybody here. But not just random people out and about.

If I could find a neighborhood without people, it'd be great.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Yep, and Mikey, and Baby Spidey (or whatever it is this week), and most everybody here. But not just random people out and about.

If I could find a neighborhood without people, it'd be great.

@ValentinesStuff Maybe find a shack in the woods that is way out of no where and no one will be bothering you.

I listened to an Amway tape about 35 years ago.  It was B.S.  They were talking about things like a vacuum cleaner and listed the Audubon Club as a big percentage for liking the product.  Audubon Club?  Seriously?  That was the best they could find?  No big consumer corporations or any company specializing in the products they hawk.  I heard that and returned the tape.  I will say, I have seen people where I used to work who hated each other but the moment they got hooked up with Amway, you couldn't keep them apart!  It's like their recruiting tape brainwashes everyone. 

23 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I listened to an Amway tape about 35 years ago.  It was B.S.  They were talking about things like a vacuum cleaner and listed the Audubon Club as a big percentage for liking the product.  Audubon Club?  Seriously?  That was the best they could find?  No big consumer corporations or any company specializing in the products they hawk.  I heard that and returned the tape.  I will say, I have seen people where I used to work who hated each other but the moment they got hooked up with Amway, you couldn't keep them apart!  It's like their recruiting tape brainwashes everyone. 

@rusty pins There Garbage tape never brainwashed me.  I can not stand Amway.  They over price their products and they place big hitters at the top so they get paid while the people under them don't make money.

And to move up in that company you have to spend so much money and get BV or PV or what ever it is called just so the people above can make their cut.

I can not stand Away or any company that pushes that you have to push a product to move up the ranks and make a pay day.  

The company I am in does not do that.  I just pay $9.95 a month and I still get paid and I do not have to buy anything though I do as I like the products.

Though I am not offering anyone my program on here.  

This is my secret community and I like to keep it that way.

• Like 1

Amway are similar to most 'sales type' positions....

If you are good enough of a sales person to sell their crap, they will drip feed you until they burn you out... and then drop you like a rock. This is the same for all companies in how they treat their staff - yet they forget that you are the companies most valuable resource. Without you, or someone similar doing the work, the company would not exist.

If you feel that you are that good of a sales person, sell for yourself. Most businesses start off by buying in bulk and selling the individual items at a profit. Try this one, at an outdoor event, before going, go to a wholesaler and buy a few trays of minerals and sell them individually at the average retail sales price. It would be better if it is a hot day and the minerals are chilled - so a 12v fridge might be a good investment.

All an entrepenuer is is a person who makes money on the sweat of others - and underpays them for their work. Is your boss an entrepenuer?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, babykeiff said:

Amway are similar to most 'sales type' positions....

If you are good enough of a sales person to sell their crap, they will drip feed you until they burn you out... and then drop you like a rock. This is the same for all companies in how they treat their staff - yet they forget that you are the companies most valuable resource. Without you, or someone similar doing the work, the company would not exist.

If you feel that you are that good of a sales person, sell for yourself. Most businesses start off by buying in bulk and selling the individual items at a profit. Try this one, at an outdoor event, before going, go to a wholesaler and buy a few trays of minerals and sell them individually at the average retail sales price. It would be better if it is a hot day and the minerals are chilled - so a 12v fridge might be a good investment.

All an entrepenuer is is a person who makes money on the sweat of others - and underpays them for their work. Is your boss an entrepenuer?

Yeah I could Not be a person that takes advantage of others. And that is all that MLM business is.................