LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Amusement Park day

My wife and I had an opportunity to go to an amusement park this past Saturday with a group from a company a relative works for. It's friends and family so we got parking, entrance and a catered lunch. I packed my diaper bag wit 3 Better Drys plus the one I put on right before we left. I decided that I can't reliably tell when my diaper is nearing it's limit so I was on a time schedule. I thought a change every 4 to five hours should be safe. I had to surrender my bag completely as opposed to just opening it for them to peak. He moved diapers around discretely to see my wipes and zipped it and handed it back. The next bump in the road happened after lunch.

We had a catered lunch at a Pavillion which was one of four. The two front pavilions were for a big union group and ours was in the back. I noticed they had bathrooms and a family bathroom so right after lunch I took my D bag and headed for the family bathroom. No one was in there so I went in locked the door and got down to business. It didn't take long and I rolled the diaper with my used wipes and taped it into a big ball. It was swelled up nicely. I looked around for the trash and realized there was no trash cans. It had a paperless bathroom with just one electric hand dryer. I looked at the feminine napkin disposal but that Better dry was too fat anyway. At this point I was pissed off because there wasn't anywhere I could leave it to wash my hands so I left it on the floor. When I got done I picked up the diaper and had to make a decision. Someone knocked on the door just before I used the hand drier. I couldn't leave it in there for the next person because that's just punishing someone that had nothing to do with the situation. I decided the only thing I could do at this point was walk out with it and find a barrel. There's a large expanse of open space between the bathrooms and the eating pavilion. The closest trash receptacle was right beside the tables where people were eating so I walked over and threw it away as discretely as I could. I'm not saying this is the only way of handling this situation, it's just my way of handling it.

I suspect that whoever made the decisions for how the bathrooms were set up didn't have any experience as a user of family/disabled bathrooms. Any mom even would expect a trash receptacle for used baby wipes and diapers. I asked a park employee who I could complain to and they took me the the greeter for the pavilion area. I explained I am incontinent and just used the family bathroom to Change in and found no trash receptacle. I told her I couldn't leave it laying on the sink or floor. I explained that I had to carry it from the bathroom to the trash receptacle across from the bathroom. From where we were standing she could see the bathroom and the barrel. She was very polite and competent. She thankd me for letting her know and apologized profusely. She directed someone to get a barrel for the family bathroom right away. All in all it was a really fun day.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 6

Good info.  I plan on a day at Hersheypark next month and will be carrying in a small shoulder bag that will hold 2 Betterdry diapers and a pack of wipes.  I have been informed by another member that they will inspect the bag.  Better if they take it and look through it than have me open it in front of other people in line trying to get into the park. In response to some questions I'd contacted them about, they have 3 locations within the park with special handicap restrooms and lockers so my plan is to drop off the shoulder bag in one of the lockers near one of the special handicap areas and just head there when I need a change.  I'm not expecting the need for more that two diaper changes depending on how long I stay, but I'm hoping they will have trash cans in the special restrooms.  Pretty dumb not to have any in a family/disabled bathroom but I'll bring a couple plastic grocery bags to bag up my wet diapers.

7 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

My wife and I had an opportunity to go to an amusement park this past Saturday with a group from a company a relative works for. It's friends and family so we got parking, entrance and a catered lunch. I packed my diaper bag wit 3 Better Drys plus the one I put on right before we left. I decided that I can't reliably tell when my diaper is nearing it's limit so I was on a time schedule. I thought a change every 4 to five hours should be safe. I had to surrender my bag completely as opposed to just opening it for them to peak. He moved diapers around discretely to see my wipes and zipped it and handed it back. The next bump in the road happened after lunch.

We had a catered lunch at a Pavillion which was one of four. The two front pavilions were for a big union group and ours was in the back. I noticed they had bathrooms and a family bathroom so right after lunch I took my D bag and headed for the family bathroom. No one was in there so I went in locked the door and got down to business. It didn't take long and I rolled the diaper with my used wipes and taped it into a big ball. It was swelled up nicely. I looked around for the trash and realized there was no trash cans. It had a paperless bathroom with just one electric hand dryer. I looked at the feminine napkin disposal but that Better dry was too fat anyway. At this point I was pissed off because there wasn't anywhere I could leave it to wash my hands so I left it on the floor. When I got done I picked up the diaper and had to make a decision. Someone knocked on the door just before I used the hand drier. I couldn't leave it in there for the next person because that's just punishing someone that had nothing to do with the situation. I decided the only thing I could do at this point was walk out with it and find a barrel. There's a large expanse of open space between the bathrooms and the eating pavilion. The closest trash receptacle was right beside the tables where people were eating so I walked over and threw it away as discretely as I could. I'm not saying this is the only way of handling this situation, it's just my way of handling it.

I suspect that whoever made the decisions for how the bathrooms were set up didn't have any experience as a user of family/disabled bathrooms. Any mom even would expect a trash receptacle for used baby wipes and diapers. I asked a park employee who I could complain to and they took me the the greeter for the pavilion area. I explained I am incontinent and just used the family bathroom to Change in and found no trash receptacle. I told her I couldn't leave it laying on the sink or floor. I explained that I had to carry it from the bathroom to the trash receptacle across from the bathroom. From where we were standing she could see the bathroom and the barrel. She was very polite and competent. She thankd me for letting her know and apologized profusely. She directed someone to get a barrel for the family bathroom right away. All in all it was a really fun day.

Hugs,

Freta

@FretaBWet

I must say that it was kind of interesting that a place like this would not have a barrel in a restroom that is considered a family restroom! Don't care what type of arrest room it is or what they think is appropriate based on the fact that they want to deal with less amounts of trash, but regardless of what restroom it is, and who you are whether you are an adult or whether you are a child or whether you are disabled, you still need a disposal can to be able to get rid of anything that you do not wish to carry out with you. When you're dealing with a public restroom, everywhere should have a garbage can of some sort Regardless of whether someone may decide that they're trying to eliminate or significantly reduce the amount of paper waste being generated when someone is using the restroom, there's always a need for some 1 to dry their hands, there's always a reason to be able to use water and soap to be able to wash your hands, so why would you skimp and not have a particular waste can to eliminate things that you would throw away.

This is all so important when you're dealing with a family restroom! Nowadays it could be a father going in and changing his daughter or his son, or it could be a mother going in and doing the same, or it could be a significant other a partner or an aunt and uncle or another relative, who needs to be able to get into a family restroom, which normally would be considered a safe place as well as a clean place, because a family restroom is supposed to be set up so that you can help take care of your child or children or any of their situations. It is very important in a situation such as this to be able to have a particular waste can to be able to dispose of either diapers wipes or anything that you need to throw away. There's no reason for someone not to have placed a can in a particular place that is a public restroom.

I'm also glad that you were able to go in there and be able to change yourself and be able to clean yourself up, and I'm also very very happy that you were able to convey to whoever was in charge at the park for that particular restroom the fact that you are incontinent and you needed to be able to throw something in the trash can! I don't know if the idea here was that they had forgotten to put a can in here, or they just overlooked it, but the idea here is that every public restroom should at least have the ability to have garbage thrown away in a container that is acceptable and usable for that purpose. You never know who is going to walk into a bathroom, you never know what the person will be dealing with in a bathroom, and the more at a bathroom is accommodating and able to deal with the situation, the less of a situation would be caused because of possible embarrassment or not having what you need when you need it. This is always important as well when you're dealing with a person who is disabled. What would happen if someone was disabled and was unable to change themselves without help? They might need help from someone else, they might need to be able to be transferred from a chair to a toilet or a chair to a place where a diaper can be changed or they can be cleaned up. If you don't have a family restroom, or if restroom that is designated for this purpose, then it is very hard for someone to go in there and help you to get changed.

This is why a family restroom exists: you never know who is gonna walk in There, or with what family member, and you might be dealing with a young child, you may be dealing with a disabled child, or you may be dealing with an adult to adult interaction where they need to work together to take care of a situation. This way a family restroom works well, because anybody can walk in right behind you and help you, and you don't necessarily have to be 2MALES or two females, because gender in this case wouldn't matter because of the fact that it is considered a family restroom! When you're dealing with a person who is disabled, it is more important than ever because you never know what situation you will be dealing with, and any one who knows me very well for example knows that I would always carry what I needed to carry into the bathroom take care of business, and then walk out of there and be able to get rid of the garbage in an appropriate way. If you have everything you need when you walk into a restroom like that, it should be no problem, but there are always ways to improve in a bathroom, and one of them I've seen is for example in airports they make changing stations for people that are disabled, or adults that need to change themselves because they don't want to be changing themselves on the floor It's always a good idea to make sure that we have some way of doing this, and a family restroom or an appropriate restroom that is designed for that purpose can make all the difference in the world. Believe I've even seen public restrooms that are designed with a shower in them, as I've seen at the Vermont Center for independent living in Montpelier, as that was a built in feature in their bathrooms, but very few handicapped bathrooms are built that way, but if they can do something like that as a specialty, it makes it a lot easier. It made it a lot easier as a kid for me, because I hated to take a bath, because it made me feel like I was 10 years younger than I actually was, but taking a shower was a lot faster a lot easier and a lot less of a headache, because once I learned how to turn the shower on, adjust the water, make sure that I could get the water where I needed it, and have everything that I needed, taking a shower took less than 15 minutes, Well taking on a bath could take up to 45 minutes!

I'm glad that family restrooms exist, and I'm also glad that you were able to get what you needed and you were able to inform someone who may have been in a situation where they didn't realize that having a can in the bathroom was important! As I said it doesn't matter what bathroom you're in every bathroom should have some sort of a waste receptacle, even if they think it is not necessary, it is. Who would want to carry around a huge diaper in their hand, I certainly wouldn't! I would want to throw it away, even if I have to carry it out, but I would want to be able to get rid of it it's the right thing to do it is the proper thing to do and it is the thing that should be done every time!

Thank you for sharing this story!  I hope you had fun in spite of your little situation that you had to deal with! 😁😁

Brian

• Like 1

I like the way you handled it.  Sometimes people don't realize the hiccups that some people face (not just with incontinence).  A waste basket in the bathroom is one that I would think was a no-brainer.

I had a case similar to that, but not diaper related.   My problem was with my vision and going downstairs.  I had cataracts, and I still don't have great depth perception.   I went downstairs where I work, and limited contrast between the flooring and stairs.  I couldn't tell when I was stepping on the final step, and that can be scary if you miss a step (I did twice).  Eventually, I told the facilities manager, and there were grateful that I let them know.

I had a similar experience.
I had to poop so I stopped at a rest stop.
I didn't change my diaper, but I changed the inserts so I could get to my destination and change before bed. 
The bin was outside the bathroom. Outside the building. The type of bin the garbage truck pick ups. 
Guess its so they don't have to go inside, and it holds more.