LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting your hands dirty

So despite the fact that I absolutely love pooping in diapers and then sitting in it and spreading it everywhere - the messier the merrier - I really, really, REALLY don't like getting my hands dirty, in fact I'm a bit of a neat freak, obsessed with cleanliness ... I wash my hands probably more often than is recommended, and when I have to get the poopy diaper off of me and clean myself up, I'll wear nitryle gloves for the handling of the dirty diapers and primary cleaning with wet wipes before I jump into the shower.

But this time I ran out and had none to do the job, so yeah, I was super messy this morning and inevitably during cleanup some of it got on my fingers 😭

Not my favorite part of this hobby. What's your position on this? Do you also use gloves? Are you super careful so that it doesn't happen to you? Do you not mind it when 💩happens?

I'll take my diaper off IN the shower(water off), ball it up, and place it in a plastic grocery bag outside.  As for getting the mess on my hands, it's all over 'down there' so I don't have a problem with it.  Then again I like to play with machinery so my hands get dirty almost daily and occasionally very greasy.

My position is wash well before eating finger foods! 

I usually use the hand held shower after using what's left of my diaper to wipe what I can from my bottom.  Then a washcloth with lots of soap after I have power washed my diaper area with the hand held shower.  By the time I get to the washcloth, most is off and really nothing to get on my hands.  It's only when I have a huge mess and some gets on my hand when taking the diaper off in the shower because it flopped the wrong way or I brushed against an area where it had some mess out to the very edges.

I do the take off diaper in the shower, roll it up and place it next to the tub then shower, get the bulk of the mess with the power massage stream, then lather up my hands and go hands deep into my crack, then deep clean hands before continuing to the rest of my groinal area as there will be more times of using soap, then when I get out of the shower, wash hands in sink.

I dont think I could ever take the time to hand wipe my behind like I think happens during a caregiver diaper change. I do have gloves and pads but this is not a priority.

I don't get my hands dirty on purpose, but dirty hands are often a "side effect" from my purposeful/intentionally messy diaper when I change, especially if I have a diaper blow-out. This morning's diaper is not a blow-out, a nice firm poopie contained in the bottom of my Magnifico diaper.

I can’t change myself . I am required by law to stock all the PPE a person will need to do my care , gloves,gowns,drapes catheters, syringes , masks,lubes you name it soup to nuts if it’s needed I have it . Nothing says your staff has to use it , but it has to be available . Currently my aide rarely uses any protection I am clean she is clean and we are family. Just before the pandemic I switched to a touch less pre lubed catheter,only the package and my urethra touch the cathter well my aide inserts & drives without touching me or the catheter . Everything in my world is engineered for long term wet and messy exposure and can be machine washed/dried and reused .

Turn the shower on, remove my stinky diaper carefully and bag it right beside the shower, and then step in and get all the poop off with the water pressure 

• Like 1

getting my hands dirty while I'm changing my diaper is not a big issue for me, honestly there's actually times where its hard for to keep my hand out of my diaper LOL

Bonus to being a messer, it has desensitized me to being able to pick up fresh dog poop as I have found out this week after dogsitting for a neighbor currently in the hospital.(I obviously use a bag to pick it up). Being a 4 year cat hooman, I have nothing against sifting and cleaning my little guys litter box, although if I accidentally touch litter or other stuff, I do have a religious hand washing routine as Ive heard you can get an infection if unwashed.

Back onto topic, I have a little problem with my behind which results in a little leakage, not enough to warrant full time diapers, but when showering, there is the risk of coming into contact with that leakage, I just lather up my hands and go to town up in there, as others have said in here, you can immediately wash your hands right after

• 4 months later...

I really am not that fussed when cleaning myself, after all it’s my own poo. When cleaning someone else’s poo bottom I will use disposable gloves

• Like 1

for big big messes i use adult wipes which are much bigger than baby wipes so it covers everything nicely. i dont super mind if my hands do get dirty tho especially if i take a shower after, i just make sure not to touch my eyes or mouth lol i kinda want gloves just to see what that sensation is like against my diaper area

I can’t install or change my own diapers ,that’s fully in the hands of my aide . I do have cases of gloves in the closet but she usually doesn’t bother . I get urinary catheters 5 X’s a day, the one I am using the cath never contacts anything but me ,she drives it with a retractable sheath so zero chance of cross contamination .