LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trash Changes

The garbage pickup system is changing here and causing me some headaches. The old system was: use our own cans, trash picked up twice a week.

The new system is only larger can, with pick-up once a week. They won't take any bags not in the can with the lid closed. As I'm sure most of you know, incontinence generates a lot of garbage, and mixed with our regular household trash and breaking down mail-order boxes we are finding it hard to contain all our garbage in the one can.

There is not an official system to get a second can yet, but I have written the "questions?" e-mail address provided on the notices to ask for special consideration. With the heat of summer coming, I sure don't want a large bag of diapers sitting around for an extra week waiting for room in the can!

No recycling pickup?    Here it's separate from trash pickup and I have one of those 50gal bins just for paper/cardboard alone.  2 large open bins for cans/bottles.  The county provides them free (well, yeah, not really - our taxes pay for it).  I'm about due to request new ones because the pickup crews are murder on them.  They've taken a lot of unnecessary beating.

29 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

No recycling pickup?    Here it's separate from trash pickup and I have one of those 50gal bins just for paper/cardboard alone.  2 large open bins for cans/bottles.  The county provides them free (well, yeah, not really - our taxes pay for it).  I'm about due to request new ones because the pickup crews are murder on them.  They've taken a lot of unnecessary beating.

No recycling in my area, other neighborhoods have it for some reason. 

Goodluck. I find that dealing with gooberment anything, even at the municipal level, to be a massive headache. Massively incompetent seems to be a hiring requirement in my area. Hopefully yours are more competent and will not only respond but will take action and give you the accomodation you need. 

• Like 1

I know it might be an extra pain in the ass, but can you separate out those boxes, and any other non-perishable recyclables? It would give you extra room then. And this is the other factor, if your town, or county has a place to take, and drop off recycling, you could then do that. You might want to inquire, if there are any such drop off centers. 

• Like 1

My trash get picked up once a month..
I barely fit all diapers when it was every 2 weeks. 

We even have bins for paper, food, metal and glass, plastic. 

Thankfully I have a car, and its free to deliver at the dump, but the bags have to be see through...
Since they don't really check what we dump on the spot, I just put the non-diaper trash in plain view. 

12 hours ago, Dubious said:

My trash get picked up once a month..
I barely fit all diapers when it was every 2 weeks. 

We even have bins for paper, food, metal and glass, plastic. 

Thankfully I have a car, and its free to deliver at the dump, but the bags have to be see through...
Since they don't really check what we dump on the spot, I just put the non-diaper trash in plain view. 

Wow. A months worth of diapers.  That must really start to stink. It has to be insanity heavy as well. 

I only wear diapers a few times a week and my garbage gets pretty heavy.  I  can't imagine being 24/7.

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Wow. A months worth of diapers.  That must really start to stink. It has to be insanity heavy as well. 

I only wear diapers a few times a week and my garbage gets pretty heavy.  I  can't imagine being 24/7.

They not really that heavy since they dry up.
They only smell for a few days.  I have a enclosed outdoor area I store the trash. 

7 hours ago, Dubious said:

They not really that heavy since they dry up.
They only smell for a few days.  I have a enclosed outdoor area I store the trash. 

I roll my diapers up in their plastic backing.  I don't think that they'd dry out very much.