LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Non ABDLs, does anyone accuse you of having a diaper fetish?

I am curious if anyone online has ever been mistaken as having a diaper fetish due to their IC because they use diapers and don't use any other options to avoid diapers.

I have been having an online discussion with a friend about it and this seems to be the case. I also noticed the same on reddit too in incontinent subs. Any decent diaper is considered ABDL. If you want a printed diaper, ABDL, wtf. There are underwear and boxers with patterns on them and graphic ones so why can't IC people have the same thing without anyone calling it a fetish? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm drifting towards being more open about wearing diapers, gradually. I haven't made any announcements to anyone, and I probably never will, because for the most part, we rarely discuss our underwear, but, that said, my family knows, and I have one friend who knows for sure, and one friend whom I strongly believe is in the know. I've also abandoned all protocols with respect to wearing diapers to medical appointments - not that I go out of my way to show them off, not at all, and in fact, 95% of appointments don't require my underwear to come into the picture in any case. But, I no longer go with backup plans, the only concession I make is that my diaper is white if I think there's a reasonable chance of it coming into the picture. However, I'm gradually coming to the conclusion that even that doesn't really matter - a diaper is a diaper. Men's off-the-rack underpants tend to trend towards the boring, but there are lots of places where one can buy printed boxer shorts. Women, on the other hand, have carte blanche to have carte non-blanche, when comes to their knickers - I live with three females of the species, and their unmentionables are a riot of colours and prints. So, whimsey in the underwear department is far from unheard of. Why must people who find themselves confined to diapers, also be confined to a palliative care motifs on those diapers? It doesn't make you a fetishist to wear fancy underpants, whatever category they may fall into. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nat said:

I am curious if anyone online has ever been mistaken as having a diaper fetish due to their IC because they use diapers and don't use any other options to avoid diapers.

Perhaps it has something to do with the amount of online incontinence spaces that get invaded by diaper fetishists.

1 hour ago, Nat said:

Any decent diaper is considered ABDL. If you want a printed diaper, ABDL, wtf. There are underwear and boxers with patterns on them and graphic ones so why can't IC people have the same thing without anyone calling it a fetish? 

The majority of printed diapers are intended for ABDLs, it's just how it is.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nat said:

I have been having an online discussion with a friend about it and this seems to be the case. I also noticed the same on reddit too in incontinent subs. Any decent diaper is considered ABDL. If you want a printed diaper, ABDL, wtf. There are underwear and boxers with patterns on them and graphic ones so why can't IC people have the same thing without anyone calling it a fetish? 

@Nat

no I haven't been accused of that, but I think most people would think that it is a little strange for someone to wear diapers that are printed like that.   I have no objection to that, because in my mind, white diapers are white diapers, and even if you wear diapers for the rest of your life, wearing a white diaper every day can be kind of boring. Think of it this way, a lady may decide that she wants to wear her panties, and then wear a thong some day or do something different, so they would have to have the ability to make the change. When you have different diapers and you have different types of diapers, different colors in diapers different styles and diapers, different thicknesses and diapers, at least you have a choice, and not only that, but people who have to wear diapers every day, they might get bored with the same old white boring diaper, or a clinical diaper that has all of the accouterments of a medical diaper.

Wearing a diaper is no different than wearing underwear, it's just absorbent underwear, and it's underwear choice, I don't see why people would have to think that because you're wearing diapers you have a fetish. Might have a fetish if you like them, but I'm incontinent for example 1st and a diaper lover second, but I could never ever deny that that's what I am nor would I. Me a long time to get to that realization, and I'm not ashamed of it or anything, but I feel bad for people who might get picked on or looked at in a negative light because they wear diapers. Diapers is no different than wearing a pair of shoes or changing your shirt or your socks, it's just what you have to do. I'm of the opinion that if you can make something a negative into a positive, then you've already overcome that problem.

So I say, if somebody has to wear a diaper every day, why not have fun with it!? I mean, there are people that have to do certain things everyday, or they may like to do certain things every day, but incontinence is one thing that you may not have very much control over, so why not just not allow yourself to worry about it:  if you have the right equipment to take care of it, and you have a supportive environment people around you that understand, that's awesome. Think it's a lot easier if you have people that understand your reasoning, but I can understand why some people may not want to disclose that, because if they disclose something about having a diaper fetish or liking diapers or wearing diapers and somebody finds out and they are thinking in a negative, that can be something that can be detrimental to someone.

I think the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 specifically states that there are provisions for those that are disabled, and people who wear diapers would be covered under the act. I don't like it when people pick on others because they have to wear diapers or because they choose to wear diapers. I've had friends that wear diapers all their lives and that is the way it is, and they have no control over it, and they just deal with it. Have had friends here on daily diapers that have the same issue, and they deal with it with Grace professionalism and tact!  Many of my friends would say it was no big deal if somebody wears a diaper, and it doesn't change the way they look at people because of that. Disabled myself, and I specifically asked several of my close friends if wearing a diaper would make a difference to them and they said heck no buddy you're awesome and we love you! that right there tells me that I have nothing to worry about! the only thing I have to worry about is to make sure that we try to educate people who think that having a cute diaper means that you Have a fetish. I like diapers myself, and I'm incontinent, so both of those particular things are dealt with, I'm a diaper lover but I'm also incontinent, and both of those things are being taken care of, so that I don't feel as if there's something that is missing. Part of my journey told me that there was something missing within my life and I wasn't sure what it is, but people here on daily diapers help me to find out what that was and I'm grateful for it!

Brian

3 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Perhaps it has something to do with the amount of online incontinence spaces that get invaded by diaper fetishists.

The majority of printed diapers are intended for ABDLs, it's just how it is.

Oh I have seen IC people on reddit call non printed diapers ABDL as well such as the Mega Max or Better Dry. I saw a IC person argue they don't have the luxury to change every couple of hours so they use a "ABDL diaper" to get through the day and it lasts them 6 hours before they need to change. I saw a whole argument about it in a reddit sub about incontinence and ABDL and I thought "are they seriously accusing people of being abdl now in their sub? Do they have a narrative of what is IC person is supposed to act like about their medical issue or they are abdl?" 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Nat said:

The topic of print is true, however when you have a diaper that has a print similar to a baby diaper, that is also so thick, wide , and crinkly that is is intentionally designed to emulate a baby diaper then I can see their point. If your goal is a pleasant design that is very absorbent, discreet, but also pleasing in its fit and appearance, then I'd say you are right that it is not necessarily abdl but only a high quality undergarment that looks nice too. I think rearz and especially northshore are the only ones who offer something like that. Abena s/m/l 4 could also be considered if they make some changes to quality. Any other diapers I left out that fit the latter description I'd love to hear about.

Just wanted to add, if they ever come out with Rick and Morty adult diapers or Family Guy I'm going to buy them for sure. 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, PlstkBakdnghtnday said:

The topic of print is true, however when you have a diaper that has a print similar to a baby diaper, that is also so thick, wide , and crinkly that is is intentionally designed to emulate a baby diaper then I can see their point. If your goal is a pleasant design that is very absorbent, discreet, but also pleasing in its fit and appearance, then I'd say you are right that it is not necessarily abdl but only a high quality undergarment that looks nice too. I think rearz and especially northshore are the only ones who offer something like that. Abena s/m/l 4 could also be considered if they make some changes to quality. Any other diapers I left out that fit the latter description I'd love to hear about.

Just wanted to add, if they ever come out with Rick and Morty adult diapers or Family Guy I'm going to buy them for sure. 

There are better Dry and Mega Max and I have seen these be called ABDL diapers as well by those with IC outside the abdl community. This implies that wearing a decent diaper to get you through the day making your days easier like a continent person is ABDLism because good heavens you want to live a normal day without thinking about toilets and having to hunt one down so your outings are limited. 

Back in the days, Abena and Molicare were the only decent diapers back then for IC and they were from Europe. I noticed they had better diapers than us in North America. Now Northshore is the only non ABDL company I know of in the US that carries a decent diaper and offers different colors as well. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nat said:

There are better Dry and Mega Max and I have seen these be called ABDL diapers as well by those with IC outside the abdl community. This implies that wearing a decent diaper to get you through the day making your days easier like a continent person is ABDLism because good heavens you want to live a normal day without thinking about toilets and having to hunt one down so your outings are limited. 

Back in the days, Abena and Molicare were the only decent diapers back then for IC and they were from Europe. I noticed they had better diapers than us in North America. Now Northshore is the only non ABDL company I know of in the US that carries a decent diaper and offers different colors as well. 

@Nat

I think that any diaper nowadays should be a halfway decent diaper regardless of whether it is considered a medical diaper or if it is an ABDL type of diaper. Need diapers regardless of what type they are, and the better they are the better their manufactured and the more they're allowed to put into them the better they are.

People that wear Mega Max diapers should not be considered ABDL's. There are a lot of people that need the protection of an all around diaper that is plastic backed because no one is going to be able to tell me that anything cloth backed is worth $0.2.  Just because you're wearing a good quality diaper does not necessarily mean that you are ABDL, And just because you're wearing something with colors or fun patterns does not make you a baby or an AB. People need quality, and sometimes the only quality that you're going to find is in diapers that are designed for a B or for incontinence that need diapers that are quality.

The reason why I hate all the cloth diapers they make is because they're all designed to be lasting about 2 hours. Some bureaucrat in an office somewhere decided arbitrarily that all diapers should last no more than two hours, and that they should be changed every two hours. If everybody had to be changed exactly every two hours, no one would get the quality care that they need. Additionally, people like @Nat May not want to change their diaper every two hours, and they might want to work longer depending on what is going on, and they may want a better diaper. Better the diaper is the more it can handle, and it's not necessarily true that you need to change a diaper every two hours. This is just so that they can make the cheapest diapers possible and then tell people that what they are being offered is going to hold a candle to something that everybody knows is not even gonna come close. Thing that is plastic backed is a lot better than anything that is not Northshore knows how to make diapers, anybody else probably doesn't know how to make plastic backed diapers that make sense, and they don't understand that you have to have quality, and not cheapness. I could make Computer parts out of paper, but that's not gonna help anybody, so why do manufacturers go the cheapest route possible and end up pawning off the cheapest stuff to us telling us that it will help us. A diaper is only as good as the person is wearing it, and not every single person that is wearing a diaper where is the same diaper, and a diaper does not necessarily meet everybody's needs, that's why there's different diapers available.

If I wanna wear a diaper that looks a little bit childish, what's the difference? People wear diapers all the time, and white diapers get really boring really fast.  I   end up having every color except for white, and I like it.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~

Being an adult baby and Incontinent, I know many times, where people think just because I wear diapers, they seem to think I have some kind of Diaper fetish. Some people think that just cause I am in a diaper that I have some fetish or kink for them. What they don't see or understand is that diapers are also for those who have medical and psychological issues. Normally, society thinks that your suppose to be out of diapers by the time your potty trained. What they don't understand is that medical conditions, tragic accidents and injuries can cause someone to be put back into diapers. In which I think society needs to get over and understand that their are some people who prefer diapers over underwear.

For me, being an adult baby, it helps me cope, deal with being incontinent and knowing I am stuck in them forever. It let's me be an adult in my own way and allows me to be an adult baby in an adult world. Which is why being incontinent, I am able never worry about being potty trained because I know that's never going to happen for me. I know they will never attempt to potty train me. I know being an adult baby, I can never be an adult, grown up or even a big kid because I am not potty trained and I am kept in thick diapers. It's why I am never allowed to call myself an adult, grown up or even a big kid because of my diaper status. On top of all that, I know I can never wear adult underwear of any kind.

• Thanks 1

Having attempted to live in "medical" diapers before making the switch to "ABDL" diapers I suspect that pathologically incontinent folk persisting with mainstream medical diapers don't realise how hard (and expensive) they are making things for themselves.

The difference is night and day.

Whilst the unit cost is higher, the changing frequency drops down to once or twice a day offsetting this.  Furthermore, their propensity to leak is much lower and I find generally, they are far more comfortable to wear.

I suspect that ABDL products are "user is chooser" and so are designed with them in mind.  Medical products are designed to win institutional tenders.  I work with a lot of diaper dependent people and the medical brands I see are just overwhelmingly rubbish.  The constant changing is inconvenient or even painful for some and they necessitate a constellation of complementary products just to deal with their woeful absorption shortcomings.

I remember a month or two ago some posts that suggested Northshore was attempting to make the case for it's long haul ABDL-ish products in an institutional setting via a formal study.   I'm not sure what came of that.

On 5/11/2023 at 1:24 AM, Apache Raccoon said:

I suspect THAT is a thing too...  We really do need to stay OUT of those spaces.  We've no place there.  But if, a pathologically IC person stumbles across this thread whilst researching for ways to keep their furniture dry, give the better ABDL products a go.  It will change your world.

• Like 2