LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Treatment ??

I was watching an old episode of Dr. Phil that had an AB/DL on it. During the show he said people with this type of fetish usually do not respond to treatment and basically told the girlfriend she should leave. Has anyone here tried treatment? Did it help in anyway? Do you think it is necessary?

Personally since I have started writing stories about an/dl I think I like the idea of control and unconditional love that comes with idea of being a mommy.  I realize it is not “normal “ but there are worse things…right?

• Like 3

Yes, many years ago I went into therapy thinking the ABDL aspect of my life needed to be cured. I also attended something called YOU Seminar led by none other than Dr. Phil McGraw and his father Joe. This was 1988 before Phil ever made it to the big time. Phil suggested it was time to grow up. My regular therapist had a slightly more useful view.

She suggested that I needed to understand the difference between dysfunctional and abnormal. Abnormal is doing something that is outside of the norm, i.e. something most people don't do. Dysfunctional is doing something that is not working for me, but I continue to do. We soon realized that ABDL was abnormal in the sense described above, but not dysfunctional. I had plenty of behaviors that were dysfunctional, and we started tackling those. I learned that I didn't need to trash my finances to obtain love from my folks. I learned that I could manage my social life by being a little more confident in who I was.

I learned a lot of things about what wasn't working. But ABDL was just a oddity that most people were not into. But then again, most people have their own harmless abnormal behaviors. Today, I am active in the local St Louis kink community. We have a club house and we have play days.  The club has all sorts of kinks going on such as impact play, fire play, electrical, chemical, and also littles and ABDLs.  We don't judge (e.g. "Don't yuck someone else's yum.") and we experiment with other kinks on occasion. I discovered that I like being spanked. I would never have tried it except for this community.

Any way, I don't know about treatment of ABDL, but I do recommend therapy for anyone who is struggling with things that are not working in their life.

• Like 6

What would constitute 'treatment'?  I'm not sick or otherwise unhealthy so 'treatment' would be wasted on me.  Now...if this lifestyle is encompassing everything that makes you 'you' then perhaps a discussion with a mental health professional might be in order....but that could be said about damn near everything these days.

People often have knee-jerk reactions to AB/DL's anyway.  They don't understand what this lifestyle is all about and base their judgements on their own biases.  We are living in a very polarizing period of time right now so all I can do is turn off all the noise and do what makes me comfortable.....and that's wearing diapers. 

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, LeaveIt2Me said:

Has anyone here tried treatment? Did it help in anyway? Do you think it is necessary?

Given the degree of domestic angst my nappies inflict upon my partner, I *would* countenance “treatment” if I knew it was going to be a) effective and b), without negative side effects.

Logic tells me that for such a treatment to even exist it would be necessary to fully understand what it was that was being treated including how it came to be and the motivators that sustain it (for the avoidance of relapse).  Then there would be only the question of WHAT that treatment would look like.

Throwing things at this behavior without understanding it to me says you might as well just consult a witch doctor or sacrifice a chicken.

• Like 1

The show didn’t mention the treatment just that it didn’t have a good success rate for this fetish. To be honest I was kind of shocked because dr. Phil has a lot of unusual guests and is usually relatively understanding towards them but like I said this show seemed to be centered on convincing the girlfriend to leave. However I will say that the adult baby of the relationship was kind of guilt tripping his girlfriend into being his mommy because of her cheating previously even though he knew she was never comfortable with it. She would cry, gag and sometimes vomit after changing him. Perhaps if they were both willing his reaction would be different. 

Just got me wondering what was so wrong with ad/dl because i have always considered it a coping mechanism. However i understand alot of people see it as a problem and since i am not exactly proud of it i was kind of sad to know that treatment doesn’t help if I wanted that in the future. I must also say the comments have helped. In particular the comment by weasel diaper boy.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, LeaveIt2Me said:

She would cry, gag and sometimes vomit after changing him.

The "gag" and "vomit" response made me snigger a little in a schoolboy-like fashion but the "cry" response just made me sad for her.

That tells me she's being manipulated into doing something she really doesn't do and that in my book makes it an abusive relationship and she'd be better off out of it.  Thusly, I find myself in the curious scenario of agreeing with "Dr Phil".

It's true I (eventually) demanded tolerance from my own partner but I would NEVER demand participation and as far as possible, keep it out of her face.

• Like 1

@LeaveIt2Me

In my opinion treatment is only as good as the situation that it tries to deal with, The patient  in treatment, the cooperation of such patient, and the ability two accept the treatment, and to carry out steps are necessary to complete it. This is basically what happens when you have a situation where someone is need of treatment for some medical or psychological or whatever situation that they need treatment for. this is also what happens when you end up under a doctor's care for whatever reason, and whatever they tell you to do, they want you to do is because you trust the medical professional or professionals that you decide to do it.

As far as ABDL or kink communities:  Treatment is not something that I call necessary.  To say that someone needs treatment for something would imply that something is physically emotionally medically psychologically or spiritually wrong with them, and you also could deal with mentally wrong as well. 

It also assumes that there's something to treat and case there is nothing to treat, there is nothing to fix, there is nothing abnormal about my or what I believe in or what I like or anything like that I might be doing something according to somebody else's norms or standards that may be considered over the ordinary or unique, But as long as what I am doing does not harm myself or others around me, or place myself in a situation where my integrity or my job performance or something like that is brought into question, there is nothing that we need to fix here.

In fact, waiting until I was 46 was basically a blessing: By that I mean that for years I have been trying to figure out why the heck I feel the way I do. I tried to why I have these immense feelings for diapers or why the smell of them are the near mention of them makes me feel like I have butterflies running through my entire body and it feels like the most awesome feeling in the world. Also tried to figure out I was attracted to them, or why certain feeling actions of people that I love instilled the fact that when your little, you end up getting a lot of love, a lot of attention, and you get one on one attention. These are parts of your life that you probably want to remember, because in life there are many things that you do and there are many situations that happen, some good some bad, and part of the problem is that your life that you live is something that when you were born, And depending on what type of situation you live in or what happens during your life, things change. everybody starts with a blank slate with basic emotions with basic autonomic responses, in order to be able to do the things that they absolutely need to do. no one needs to tell them to do these things, because they already know how to do it. later in life as you grow, you learn more and more things and you add to that slate of responses and your pathways and your brain wired together And everything get stronger as more pathways are built. You end up learning more and more and more. if you have your parents or loved ones around, and they treat you well and love you and stand by you and believe and believing you, these things instill the fact that someone cares about you and you in turn care for that person or others around you.

If you don't have those types of relationships that can be solid that you can always return to, you end up with building blocks that are either broken or missing, and that makes your life heck. part of the reason why people want to return to times of being little, times of being in diapers or times of when you don't have to worry about things is because you have no responsibilities, everything is done for you, and basically a caregiver takes care of your every need, including changing your diapers and everything else. you end up bonding bonding with an individual, and you end up realizing that having someone change your diapers or having someone show a lot of affection for you or me or maybe person that tickles you or makes you feel good, if those particular situations are good, those particular pathways are solid in your brain, and you may end up looking for that, and you might miss it, because the life you lead doesn't have anybody that cares for you at that level, which is probably why people wanna be able to regress. They don't want the stress, they don't want to worry about things that don't make sense, they just want to be a little version of themselves and they don't want any responsibilities and they don't want to have to worry about the world the world around us, are paying taxes or paying bills or trying to work, or trying to figure out why they have to do certain adult responsibilities. they basically stick their tongue out at the world, or look at the world straight in the face, And when somebody says "YES", They YELL "NOOOOOOOOOOOO"  Just late when a 2 year old has a revelation that they don't want to do something and they're trying to assert their authority, They're telling someone that they don't want to do something. I don't blame people like that because the world itself is so ridiculous, so screwed up, and look where we are now with the world. we can't even go anywhere without somebody being attacked, robbed, Shot, or other bad things. It's no wonder people want to return to lesser times of stress, and be baby'd and not have any responsibilities, and to have someone look after them, and to enjoy someone who can bring you to that level, to the incredible feeling of just having nothing to worry about in the world, and giving you one hell of a huge adrenaline rush, knowing that regardless of what happened something something good will always be there.

Sometimes you can look at it this way. for 46 years, I tried to avoid the fact that I had the feelings I did And I, and I tried to find new ways to channel the feelings and emotions into things that would be positive. I still had the feelings in all of their urges and all of the wants and things like this, and there always be a part of me, but I had to keep it on the down low, because not everyone in this world would agree that what I feel is appropriate and they would probably end up looking at it like out of a horror movie, Or if I told someone that I felt like it, and that I wanted to wear diapers or I felt the way I did, they probably locked me up and send me some treatment center to correct deviance and other types of weird things that make me sound strange. as far as I'm concerned, when I turn 46, I realize that I need it help, and as I continue to go through my journey, I ended up writing about why I felt like the way I did, and I asked questions about it, and I'm trying to learn more and more, cause we're never going to be through with our journey, but we will be adding to it once we get to our apex or our zenith where we don't have to go any further. we accept everything that goes on And we are more open minded because of it.

In my mind the treatment in my case is to allow myself to immerse myself in the in the lifestyle, and to learn about it, because doing so allowed me to realize that there was something missing, and I kept on trying to fight what was obvious: the more you fight what is obvious, the worse it becomes because you have more and more and more pressure, and your body is telling you or your brain is telling you to let it happen, and part of the problem is when you have so much stress in your life, you try to keep the stress level to a minimum, but it gets out of control and it makes no sense no sense sometimes, and When you can say to yourself that you wear diapers, and you like it, and it feels good, and it seems to make sense to you, the treatment is to bring it back around all the way, so that you can become a more complete person. once you do this, and you know you're complete, there is no treatment that you need to take, because you've treated yourself for this affliction which they call an affliction, but it makes you a stronger person, it makes you a person that is open minded, able to deal with any situation, just like a mother would deal with a major blowout when some situation happens where their son or daughter blows out a diaper! A mother is prepared for this type of thing, and they know how to handle it! what it is now is you have to be prepared to handle your situation, and if you can handle it then you know how to deal with most things.

Accepting that you are an AB or a DL or incontinent or whatever you identify as is paramount to being able to move to the next step. you need to identify what what deal is, and if you know that you like diapers and other equipment, and you can accept that that you need it for whatever reason, then that makes it easier. not accepting it It makes it harder, because you don't know what's going on, or you know what's going on but it's hard to accept. once you accept what's going on and you end up at making adjustments to your life, and your life is happier, the treatment is already begun, and the treatment continues. instead of trying to STOP Behavior people think is wrong, the treatment is to INCREASE The things you do to make it so that you can fully embrace the lifestyle you choose. if you increase the things you do, and you let it happen, and you let it happen in an appropriate way appropriate places, appropriate times, and follow appropriate discretion, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. in fact, to increase the things that you do when you're in the kink or in the lifestyle, that makes it easier for those that are trying to fight the fact that they have been told that it's the bad thing or yucky thing or something that is moral or whatever. People know that they are going to be others that may disagree with their lifestyle choices, but if you can finally accept what you are and who you are, and you fully dive in, and you don't end up feeling guilty anymore, and you let it happen, then it'll be a lot easier.

The treatment in this case is to go full 110 percent 24/7! far too many times people determine that there's a problem, And the first thing they want you to do is to stop doing something, well in cases where you're trying to you're trying to fight what you know to be obvious, in my case the treatment is to increase the things that you do and do more of it. As long as what you're doing is Appropriate, it is not immoral, it is not illegal, it is done at appropriate times inappropriate places with appropriate people, at appropriate ages, there is nothing wrong with wearing diapers or doing any of this. sometimes people don't understand that the best way to treat something sometimes is to just go all the way in. when you have a baby for example, you know the baby's gonna wear diapers, because the baby doesn't have any control. The baby knows that it needs to use the bathroom, but it doesn't know that it shouldn't use its diaper, in fact it is expected that it uses it. Your parents allow you to use diapers for as long as they think it's appropriate, and as you grow older they begin to think about potty training you And then they train you that using a diaper is not a good idea. Part of the problem is when you end up with something like this, allowing someone to go all the way in would be a lot easier to treat an issue rather than to try to stop what someone doesn't understand. wearing diapers and being a part of the lifestyle is not detrimental to somebody's health unless it causes a problem where they cannot function in the adult world at all. even then, sometimes being in this lifestyle may be more helpful helpful to someone than to be in a position where they're worrying about the worldly problems, and sometimes allowing someone to go all the way in helps them in war ways than one.

When I talk about what I just said, I'm thinking about people like @TommyBubbles:  Once you was able to speak to a counselor about what was going on, and he told that counselor whatever he wanted to tell them come and the counselor gave him the opportunity to make a decision. if he wanted to proceed and go that route, all he had to do was make a phone call and ring her in the morning. when the morning came, he made that call, and things started to happen, and now because of what has been done, he is a lot better off than he was when he first joined, because he was able to come clean and be able to let people know exactly what to deal with. I am also honored to be able to help him, because I was able to help him realize exactly what was going on, and I'm glad that I was able to help him: the most important thing is to be able to help someone be able to function at the highest level possible. the most important thing in my mind is that it doesn't matter if someone wears a diaper, it doesn't matter if they act like a baby or an adult kid or whatever they do, because that's part of it, but as long as they can function to a high level, Who's to say that wearing a diaper is bad, who's to say that being a adult baby or diaper lover is bad? it's not, and in fact I think in some cases if someone goes the full route, sometimes it can save their life, because the life they were leaving before is so screwed up that they have no other choice but to try to regress, And if someone is picking up on the signals, they can help that person fully, and help them like they helped Tommy in that example!

so I say treatment is Double edged sword! treatment depends on what you're trying to treat, and how you try to treat it. it also is used when there is a problem that is diagnosed. Treatment doesn't necessarily have to stop you from doing something, treatment can be used in the reverse to help you continue to do something, or to help you become a better person or to be able to be a calm person, because of the fact that some people have those feelings, some people deal with things differently. for example people that are autistic, like @Little Belle, or @BabyCat2, And others they, they have ways that they deal with their situation. some use those types of things like diapers and blankets and other objects, sometimes people want soft things, some people like to have things that make noise, some people like the Crinkle Some people like the feeling, it all depends on a particular person's situation and autism is one of those things that is kind of interesting, because sometimes being able to have those things available can help them in more ways than one. This is why I maintain that treatment is double edged: People may think there's something wrong with you, so they try to treat you to stop whatever they think is wrong. others however, may say that a treatment is to help you to be better, so they may end up encouraging you to do that, and that has happened with people that are autistic, So it does have merit!

i'm glad that I decided to go the route I did, and now I don't feel like there's anything wrong: In fact I think there's something right! I keep maintaining that I feel 110% better than the day I was trying to figure out for the first time why I felt that way Period now that I accept it, and I understand what's going on, I feel like a piece of me That has been missing from from birth to 46 has been put back into my puzzle, and it completes me. I no longer have to worry about why diapers make me feel good, I no longer have to worry about hiding them, and I no longer worry about what people will think if they see me. what I worry about is making sure that my health and my mental stability and my integrity and all of these things are paint, and wearing diapers helps me in more ways than one to keep that happening. I just wish I had come to the realization that I wanted to wear diapers a long time ago, and that there was a sight like this Before that so I could at least understand a lot earlier what was going on. luckily however, fate stepped in and incontinence become a problem, and since I decided to use diapers that was the solution, And because of that choice I feel a lot better than I did a long time ago, and I'm not afraid of it and I'm not ashamed of it.

Brian

• Like 1
20 hours ago, LeaveIt2Me said:

I was watching an old episode of Dr. Phil that had an AB/DL on it. During the show he said people with this type of fetish usually do not respond to treatment and basically told the girlfriend she should leave. Has anyone here tried treatment? Did it help in anyway? Do you think it is necessary?

Personally since I have started writing stories about an/dl I think I like the idea of control and unconditional love that comes with idea of being a mommy.  I realize it is not “normal “ but there are worse things…right?

Yeah, I saw that episode of Dr Phil actually. It was very good. He actually did a follow-up episode on it. And just to let you know and anybody who's reading this, the girlfriend did end up leaving and the ABDL moved in with an Daddy he found online.

Now as for your other questions, I think treatment for this type of thing doesn't work. granted, I've never tried it myself. But I've heard from a lot of people that it doesn't end up working, and that they often times don't want to end up changing anyway. Personally I think there's no such thing as normal and that our lifestyle is completely fine as long as it doesn't interfere with doing our obligations to society. e.g having a job, taking care of the family, going out with friends, and so on and so forth. Dr. Phil actually said that as part of the episode. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.😁😃♥️☺️

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I got diagnosed with Attachment Disorder as a teenager for my love of nappies, as a baby the only comfort I got was from my nappies. My mother was neglectful. Me loving nappies is lifelong. When I was 12 that’s when I knew I wanted to be double incontinent. I also want to be loved and cared for. My child psychologist didn’t think my needing nappies was wrong, just a damaged child needing comfort. I was allowed to wear every night at my foster parents, I had a good behaviour chart, my foster mother put a plastic cover on my mattress. Etc. it become normal wearing every night. It isn’t until I was 18 I started buying my own. I have been hospitalised many times for psychosis. My current care team know that I wear nappies. It’s never been a problem. I think being a AB/DL isn’t wrong or you have something wrong with you. It’s just a lifestyle.