LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The diaper "arms race" has just reached another level

Rearz claiming 11 liter capacity in their new Dino Elite XL!

https://rearz.ca/blog/update-capacity-numbers/?goal=0_55d4dc55a6-0434db6c17-287107229&mc_cid=0434db6c17&mc_eid=51d8d12d40

image.png

I can't even fill the 6-7L capacity diapers in a 12 hour stretch.  For me, this would nearly amount to a full weekend diaper!  😲   Am I going to get some of these??? Hell yah...  but not just yet.  Still far too overstocked for now.

What is insane to me is how competitive that Rearz is with their pricing while having a product that is SOOO far and above the competition.

I posted this when they were at 8500ml. But now they are 30% better. Props to Rearz!

8 hours ago, DAQ said:

What is insane to me is how competitive that Rearz is with their pricing while having a product that is SOOO far and above the competition.

I posted this when they were at 8500ml. But now they are 30% better. Props to Rearz!

But the "Mega" variations of their products haven't changed, they just changed their testing method to report higher numbers. 

3 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

That's 24+ pounds of urine! 

These "tests" are just stupid.

It seems to be more to just one-up their competition.  A diaper "mine's bigger than yours" competition.

4 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

But the "Mega" variations of their products haven't changed, they just changed their testing method to report higher numbers

That just seems silly then. Now I wonder how they were measuring before vs now? I though there was an industry standard. It sucked but it was standard.

1 hour ago, DAQ said:

That just seems silly then. Now I wonder how they were measuring before vs now? I though there was an industry standard. It sucked but it was standard.

That's why I also posted their blog link.  But here's a direct quote out of it:

Now, we haven't changed anything about our amazing products, but we have updated the way we measure absorbency. We're now using a method that's more in line with other major ABDL brands, so you can get a better idea of how we stack up against the competition. 

So rather than calling out the other brands for misleading data, they jumped right on that bandwagon. 

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

That's 24+ pounds of urine! 

These "tests" are just stupid.

No it is not.

Your going to see 33-35% of these numbers at BEST. Which puts real world absorbency capacity at 3700-4000 ml.

These are 1:1 absorbency to mass ratio with baby diapers mass absorbency.

In otherwords...wear one of these and your wearing a equivalent of a Huggies little movers or a costco diaper in absorbency. For someone who isnt incontinent, this is a bit overkill but I came close to leaking one of their lower absorbency critter caboose in 4 hours so this might improve things a bit

ANYTHING OVER 15,000 ML ABSORBENCY IS OVERKILL!!!

Most of the tests are on max posable absorbancy, not on usable absorbancy.  Max absorbancy is easy to test, take the diaper, waigh it, then dump it in a bucket of water for a bit, then waigh it again, and figure out how much water it sucked up. Trust me, you would be quite suprised at just how much they can hold. That SAP stuff, if given time, can pull in a lot of fluid.  This does effect the test results, and is not a realistic account of absorbancy when worn and used for its intended purpose.  

Another thing to point out, max absorbancy tests do not test for leaks, they test for how much the diaper can hold. 11000 ML is basicly 44 cups of of fluid,  like 3 gallons via the older mesuring system. 

Me, I like the higher absorbancy diapers, but, a lot of that is that I like a thicker and heavyer diaper to begin with. I expect partly from my age, I grew up with the 60s/70s era pampers and such, where thickness was a huge selling point. *chuckles*   Then when they started the more form fitting diapers, rather than the zfold  of the original pampers, containment became a huge point. Now days, it seems the selling point is absorbancy. Companys will run the tests to give them the best results, not really conserned with how usable that might be.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am not sure about these measurements, but I am on a business trip so I decided to do an experiment. I strapped on a fresh inspire Mega diaper from rearz and proceeded to empty warm water into the diaper alternating from the front to the back. Without naturally leaking, I poured 4,000 ml and stopped at the front because the water bottle wasn’t draining, so the front half can absorb 2,000. The back absorbed another 500 ml before the bottle stopped draining totaling 4,500 ml of diaper usage. There is a little bit of press out in the back as I am lying in bed writing this. I could conceivably add more liquid super super slowly, but that’s not realistic to one of my urinary voids.

now, I love these diapers, but no way under normal circumstances would I ever reach this amount. I will wager at best I could get 3,500 before leakage occurred due to anatomy and press out during the day and maybe 4,000 during night

how on earth do they come up with 11,000!? The 4,500 I created didn’t even come to half way of the original 8,500 claim. What measurements are these? I could get the 8,500 if it was dropped in a bucket of water and weighed, but I don’t see how this diaper could fit 4 more liters, let along 7 more liters. Basically, as many have said, usability is about 1/3 listed. I have 1.19 gallons of water in my diaper. I cannot imagine another 2 gallons fitting without it busting from within.

edit. I went ahead and added 4 more liters. Obviously I am leaking. The pics are of the final tally. I cannot add anymore liquid or the tapes will snap. Every movement causes a leak.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg