LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Still "Able"

Maybe that's for HOC (High Occupancy Chair) parking.  ?

16 hours ago, poobrat said:

hate to see people without a handicap plate or decal on their car,take up a needed space for one who might need it?

Well, around here, it's far too frequent to see people using someone else's hang tag to use the spaces (just because they taxi a family member around doesn't mean you can use the tag all the time for yourself!). 

6 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Maybe that's for HOC (High Occupancy Chair) parking.  ?

Well, around here, it's far too frequent to see people using someone else's hang tag to use the spaces (just because they taxi a family member around doesn't mean you can use the tag all the time for yourself!). 

Down here you have to have the matching registration card in the car and if the named person isn't with you, you can get  a big-ass fine.

2 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Down here you have to have the matching registration card in the car and if the named person isn't with you, you can get  a big-ass fine.

@DailyDi

i've been down to Florida four times: in 1996, 1997, 1999, and 2016. I have had one of the hanging disabled Parking placards ever since 1995 when I turned 23 period Prior to that, I was always being transported by a person who had a vehicle that was registered as a handicap vehicle, meaning that my mother was transporting me, so the state allowed her to register her vehicle that way, so I ended up with the Vermont handicap license plate that was registered on my mom's car.

When I turned about 15, the state ended up giving me my own blue disabled parking placard that was a small version of a Vermont license plate. I had that until 1996 when I went to Florida, and I actually used my handicap parking placard while down there. i've never had a problem parking anywhere, because usually when we use it, we hang it and we leave it and then take care of it. the only other time that I had problems with mine is one time when I left my handicap parking placard in my brother's car, and my dad saw and pulled it, and then I was asking my brother where it was, and my dad called me and told me that he removed it, because he saw my brother using it in a way that wasn't supposed to be used. rather than punish him for, he removed it and then gave it back to me, telling me that I am responsible for where it is and where it is being used, even when I'm not in the vehicle. I told him that I trusted my brother, and I would have a talk with him, telling him that unless I'm in the vehicle he is not to use the plackard.

I'm glad that most places now will match the placard number with the registration with the registered owner. Part of the reason why people get away with what they get away with is because they end up thinking that somebody is not going to be watching what is going on. when somebody thinks that someone isn't watching and someone isn't Monitoring, than they think they can drop their shields and get away with something. I can tell you from experience that at least on a couple of occasions i've heard in the city of Burlington VT, that you can be fined upwards of $150 for a violation of a parking a fence when it deals with a handicapped parking space. i've even gone two task with Champlain College when I was a student there, because what they would do was they would use handicap parking spaces as parking locations for their college vehicles. they told me that the police would not get after them because the handicapped parking spaces are on their own property.

I then started to laugh at them and said, I don't care where these handicap parking spaces are, I don't care what property they're on, they are handicapped parking spaces, and they need to be open and available for those people that need them, and anyone who does not allow that to happen can be brought up and ticketed for that. I've even called Burlington Police Department and told them that the college was violating the handicapped parking space is because they were just letting anyone park there. I think that was taken care of, But if there's one thing I can't stand as if somebody is actually disabled and needs the sparking space, somebody who is not disabled takes the space so that somebody cannot get out of a vehicle.

Even worse than that is when someone has a parking space that is handicap parking, van accessible, and someone parks in a position where you cannot deploy a wheelchair ramp or access point, to let someone out of a vehicle. the reason why a van accessible space exist is because a van has to be able to park A van is a lot bigger than a car, and then you have to be able to have a place to set the ramp down. if people park too close to the edge or they park in such a way that it makes it impossible for someone to deploy a ramp, that means that an individual that isn't a wheelchair may have to exit in the street not a good idea, nor is that legal, and I don't think that it's very nice when someone decides to be a jerk and park in a handicap space when they shouldn't be. all that all that means is that someone who needs a space is unable to use it. I can understand if someone may come a mistake every once in awhile, but when someone is disabled and needs the space, and has a vehicle that is properly placarded with a either handicapped placard, handicap license plate, a handicap sticker indicating the international wheelchair symbol, and the fact that the vehicle needs more space to be able to unload, there should be no excuse for this.

disabled parking is there for a reason, and placards are being issued to people who need them for a reason Period prior to approximately 2000, every time that I would have to renew my parking placard, it would be considered like I was renewing my license or my registration on a vehicle Period since I do not drive, I have the handicapped parking placard, and everyone else does my driving for me. vehicles that are public transit vehicles do do not need these particular hanging placards because of the nature of what they do, but they are allowed to park in places where they are needed, and there are specific placards in the state of Vermont that allow for this type of situation.

If you go to the Department of Motor Vehicles in Vermont, and you look under the proper place, you will see a ton of different colored placards. Some of them are green some of them are blue Some of them are orange Some of them are red, and it depends on what application you need in order to get such a placard. they even have ones that are specifically assigned to rehab centers where people live, or nursing homes. most of those however, probably wouldn't have to be used too much because of the nature of a vehicle transporting someone who is disabled, but they still have those particular plackage, And they even have some that are a different color green for volunteer drivers who have to be able to park in handicap places transporting people that are handicapped. it all depends on what they do and how they how they set it up.

I support the fact that they need to be tough on some people who try to get away with parking illegally in a handicapped space. Handicap spaces are there for a reason and should be used appropriately Call and if you have the proper placard you should be able to park there, but you should be prepared to prove that you have the proper ability to be there. most times I don't have a problem with that, and I think I've only been stopped in a vehicle twice where might placard was displayed And all I did was show the officer my registration. I am very responsible when it comes to something like this, because if I do something wrong, I am responsible, even if I'm not in the vehicle.

Brian

2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Down here you have to have the matching registration card in the car and if the named person isn't with you, you can get a big-ass fine.

That is so true but try getting a cop to check it out!  I can't even get a policeman or store security to do anything when a car is parked in a handicap space with no tag or placard, let alone get them to examine the driver's license to see if it matches the number on the placard they hung from their rear view mirror!  Believe me, I tried for a year to find authorities and get answers on how and where I can report people to in order to enforce the handicap parking at stores to no avail.  In Michigan the placard has the driver's last name's first initial and the last 3 of their drivers license number.  Problem is, who is going to stick around waiting for anyone parked in a handicap space to return to their car to check their license against what is written from the DMV on their placard, even if you could find a cop to report it to.

I know we're getting off topic, but...

This is from many years ago, but I recall one of the news outlets here reporting on how rampant the HC tag fraud was in DC.  I'm not sure if it has changed since, but DC law allowed for HC tagged vehicles to park at any meter and not pay.   Apparently, some doctors were in on the scheme for getting tags issued to people that otherwise had no business needing them, all so they could park for free on DC streets. 

In Calif, you have a lot of theft of handicap placards, mostly at night.

On the street, you can buy a placard for around $100

I have only had one for short times due to having disorders that the doctors think are only bad enough for a short time but i have a number of disorders that added together limit my mobility.