LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Second guessing being a diaper lover

I have recently started to second guess being a diaper lover.  I love diapers, don't get me wrong.  However I get a guilty feeling and feel I have to put it all behind me.  I feel alone in my feelings.  I have tried to meet people on line just to chat but every site goes into the sexual part of it.  I just want to talk to people about this, but am starting to give up.  Time to maybe pack it in.

• Sad 1

Most, if not all, of the people who know me in RL would never guess that I have social anxiety.   BTW, in public, I'm good.  Especially if I'm with friends.   I travel by myself, so I don't even mind being around strangers.  However, it's exhausting.  If I'm around people for more than six hours, I just want to curl up in my room and veg out.  That along with me having this weird desire to pretend that I wasn't potty-trained and still needed diapers had a detrimental effect on my mental health.   BTW- maybe my social anxiety was caused by my desire to stay in diapers, or maybe it's the other way around.

However, a former poster noted that she had an emotional need for diapers, which was just as valid as a physical need.   That made sense to me, and I stopped feeling guilty that I no longer wanted to be potty trained.   Eventually, I started wearing diapers 24/7, but I still poop in the toilet.   I can't remember the last time I didn't have some kind of protection in public.   I don't know if I physically need to wear a diaper, but it comforts me.  It's my security blanket.   I don't want to be potty trained.  I'll use the toilet when the adult part of me tells me to use the potty, but I prefer to pee in my diaper.   

Hey pamprdguy,

If you are like most of us and have a fetish from childhood/puberty, packing it in really isn't an option. As has been noted by many people in this group and others you can't get rid of your ABDL fetish, It's part of you no diifferent than your gender and sexual identity. Feelings of guilt, shame and fear are common in our group and that is why we come together as a community to help support each other. 

For many of us just because it is called a fetish, it usually is not all sexual for us. For some there is no sexual component at all. We feel comfort, stress relief, and many other positive feelings when we wear diapers or go into little space. What you have to do is learn to accept the true you and not feel ashamed, guilty or fearful. It's probably the hardest part of this or any other fetish.

Don't let yourself feel alone, meet and chat with people online as a start, if you have local munches, attend those, whatever you do don't despair because you are not alone. The chat on dailydiapers is usually quite bust and has many people who will gladly talk to you about how you feel and about your interests.

This has also been known as a binge and purge cycle. No need to feel guilty, take a break from diapers for a while. You will more than likely come back to them sooner or later. Enjoy your life and don't let diapers define who you are, you need balance in life with this fetish.

• Like 1

I balance life.  I like to wear diapers but it does not control my life.  I may wear a couple times a week but otherwise I have a perfectly regular life with many hobbies, friends, people I see and things I do, all non diaper related.  I look at my diaper wearing as just one of many hobbies I have.  You don't have to wear all the time, but only when you want too.  It's just one part of you and, like me, just a small part when overall I'm sure you do the same regular everyday things as everyone else. 

It's perfectly normal to feel the way you do, but realize everyone has a kink of some kind.  Some have foot fetishes, some for rubber raincoats, others whips, chains, dildos and who knows what all.  You never know about other people's kinks because they don't talk about them at work, family gatherings, parties or in casual conversation.  What happens at home stays at home.  You might be surprised to find out your neighbor, friend, coworker or relative may also have a diaper fetish.  They might have one but they don't talk about it, same as I'm sure you don't talk to them about your diaper interests.

Take into account just how many people all over the world from all walks of life have some interest in wearing diapers, be that AB or just a now and then DL and the number is staggering!  Millions!  I once read that maybe only 10% of people who like wearing diapers join a club or forum.  There are people from all walks of life who wear diapers (I've found out over the past 15 years from reading the forums).  There are college professors, politicians, policemen, clergymen, business owners, CEO's of big corporations, actors, famous musicians, factory workers, just about anyone you can think of.  They are all out there.  You have many more comrades in diapers than you would even think.  Feeling guilty at times is normal, but so is feeling guilty about lots of things we may do now and then.  I can't say just get over it, you have to work it out yourself but perhaps reminding yourself of how many people there are in the world who like to wear diapers from all professions and walks of life and it helps somewhat normalize the kink a bit.  It makes you realize you are not the only one and if the CEO of a major corporation, famous celebrity or authority figure can wear diapers for fun, relaxation and to help relieve their stress, what's so bad about it?   

• Like 1