LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Automatic logout after ~10 min

19 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Is there a way to disable this feature?  I keep getting logged out on when typing longer relplies.

@DailyDi@Firefly 35

Mikey made the update I believe sometime last month period prior to the update, there was no 10 minute automatic log out. I have never actually dealt with an automatic log out when typing replies. With each upgrade to the board software, there are many things that may be added or changed, be it code, or Other features that we may not be aware of. sometimes Mikey needs to make the updates because he has no choice. ergo when he had to upgrade the servers chat system because it just wasn't supported anymore with the current stuff that was coming out. once he made that upgrade he tried to get the bugs out of that, and then made the upgrade to the software for the boards. this can be a very hard process and very difficult in some cases, because he has to work with his his server techs, envision power boards, and other support so that he can make sure that what he Is using he fully understands and knows how to use.

I have yet to ever run into a situation where there is an auto log out For a board like this. when you install A version of Linux for example, there is always something that you have to tweak in order to make sure that you're not getting bumped off your system. In that particular setup, there is an auto log out for shell users. you have to put in in your shell RC file that you don't want an auto log out by putting equals zero after auto log out. once you restart the system and start the SSH server, in the reverse order that I put here, you shouldn't have that problem anymore. however i've never heard of such an auto logout function For bulletin boards or for chat boards or anything like that. it might have been something that may be involved with envision, but I doubt it.

I'm sure that if Mikey determines that there is an auto log out feature that, that if people are telling him that they are being auto logged out for no reason, he would be willing to go in there, and probably will be going in there and disabling it. Many of us stay on the boards for long periods of time, because we're reading responses or posting responses or doing things on the system. one of the main problems with the chat system that we had before is that we were getting bumped off the system Today so often that it was getting ridiculous. ever since Mikey made the change to the chat system, people can stay on there almost as long as they want, because we're not being bumped off. the only way that you would be bumped off the system is if there was some sort of a malfunction or a glitch, or maybe one of the moderators or administrators bumped you off for something they think is misconduct, But other than that, those would be the only things that would cause you to get bumped off unexpectedly, as far as I know that is.

Brian

On 12/1/2022 at 10:20 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Is there a way to disable this feature?  I keep getting logged out on when typing longer relplies.

@Firefly 35,

1 - what browser are you using.

I am using Firefox 107.0.1 (64-bit) on Win 7 and do not experience the 'automatic logout' that you are experiencing.

Could it be related to your browser or something else? Dial-up ISPs used to have this feature/error. Most modern ISPs do not unless they are trying to share the thread of your connection with others  - some cheap ISPs call this contention ratio as a way to get away with charging you for a high speed conection while only providing a much lower speed / throttling connection.

2 - Is this the only site that is automatically logging you out.

3 - Are you connecting via a NAT* / VPN* server similar to NordVPN or others? Are they the ones that are logging you out?

4 - Are you running Windows v.8 to v.11?

Microsoft have been failing to support its OS since the release of Windows 8. The last known stable OS from Microsoft is Windows 7, and in my opinion, Microsoft is not liable to last 12-18 months the way they are acting in relation to their OS's and their software development platforms suites. Similar occured with companies like Gateway, Compaq plus others. They all thought that they were too big to ever close.

There are errors in Windows OS in some of their updates which has caused errors in reboot and in connections to third party servers for the last 2-3 years, which are still not fixed today. Most recently, an update has cased issues with MS Teams, their online video conferencing app., which means a lot of corporate companies with staff working from home have switched to Zoom instead. In relation to the IDE Visual Studio, version 2019 works. Version since that date are tied to Win 8 and greater, can be installed on Win 7 / Linux, but are totally unstable to such an extent that no software - even samples - can run correctly without the complete Windows suite that include MS Edge etc installed on a machine. As a result, the key parts that are required for a developement platform does not work for anything greater than Windows 7 and VS 2019. This means that new software cannot be developed, without jumping through hoops, for Win 8 - Win 11... something that Microsoft have created. As a result, Microsoft have cut their own throat - and it is only a matter of time before business changes to another OS instead of Microsoft based.

*ISP Internet service provider

*NAT Network address translation

*VPN Virtual private network

*OS Operating System

12 hours ago, babykeiff said:

@Firefly 35,

1 - what browser are you using.

I am using Firefox 107.0.1 (64-bit) on Win 7 and do not experience the 'automatic logout' that you are experiencing.

Could it be related to your browser or something else? Dial-up ISPs used to have this feature/error. Most modern ISPs do not unless they are trying to share the thread of your connection with others  - some cheap ISPs call this contention ratio as a way to get away with charging you for a high speed conection while only providing a much lower speed / throttling connection.

2 - Is this the only site that is automatically logging you out.

3 - Are you connecting via a NAT* / VPN* server similar to NordVPN or others? Are they the ones that are logging you out?

4 - Are you running Windows v.8 to v.11?

Microsoft have been failing to support its OS since the release of Windows 8. The last known stable OS from Microsoft is Windows 7, and in my opinion, Microsoft is not liable to last 12-18 months the way they are acting in relation to their OS's and their software development platforms suites. Similar occured with companies like Gateway, Compaq plus others. They all thought that they were too big to ever close.

There are errors in Windows OS in some of their updates which has caused errors in reboot and in connections to third party servers for the last 2-3 years, which are still not fixed today. Most recently, an update has cased issues with MS Teams, their online video conferencing app., which means a lot of corporate companies with staff working from home have switched to Zoom instead. In relation to the IDE Visual Studio, version 2019 works. Version since that date are tied to Win 8 and greater, can be installed on Win 7 / Linux, but are totally unstable to such an extent that no software - even samples - can run correctly without the complete Windows suite that include MS Edge etc installed on a machine. As a result, the key parts that are required for a developement platform does not work for anything greater than Windows 7 and VS 2019. This means that new software cannot be developed, without jumping through hoops, for Win 8 - Win 11... something that Microsoft have created. As a result, Microsoft have cut their own throat - and it is only a matter of time before business changes to another OS instead of Microsoft based.

*ISP Internet service provider

*NAT Network address translation

*VPN Virtual private network

*OS Operating System

Are you an admin on here?

2 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

This is the only site on which this seems to happen; could it be something with the forum software itself?  Some have that feature hard coded.

I don't believe so. No one else is reporting it, and I can't recreate it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Are you an admin on here?

No - but have been on this site for a number of years, plus using IT systems since 1980. I have never seen a site, other than one with a time - limit thread (javascript function initializeInactivityTimer(... enabled) that can 'automatically log out a client.

3 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

This is the only site on which this seems to happen; could it be something with the forum software itself?  Some have that feature hard coded.

That feature, you are refering to is the javascript function initializeInactivityTimer() within the class sessionExpiration.js which, if you look at the source code, you will not find anywhere on this site.

You can also use the following:-

<script type="text/javascript">
    var idleTime = 0;
    $(document).ready(function () {
        // Increment the idle time counter every minute.
        var idleInterval = setInterval(timerIncrement, 60000); // 1 minute

// Zero the idle timer on mouse movement.
        $(this).mousemove(function (e) {
            idleTime = 0;
        });
        $(this).keypress(function (e) {
            idleTime = 0;
        });
    });

function timerIncrement() {
        idleTime = idleTime + 1;
        if (idleTime > 19) { // 20 minutes
            window.location.reload();
        }
    }
</script>

which is also not on this site... so claiming that this site is autologing you off is false - so it must be something within your settings.

@DailyDi, I can confirm that, as of posting, nowhere in the source code of this site is any way to auto logon / log off a client.