LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cruise ship

You have plenty of time to browse their website about people with special needs.  You might find a place on their website to contact them with questions.  You can ask about being incontinent, needing diapers, if disposal of them on ship would be an issue as well as checking with any airlines you may need to fly to get to the boarding area if extra luggage for medical supplies will be exempt from any additional baggage fees.  If you do any off-ship excursions, you may want to check into them with whomever arranges them to find out how they go and decide if there are enough breaks where you can change your diapers.  Figure out how you will be able to take a couple changes with you for off ship day trips and if carrying a small bag or pack with you will cause any issues in any of the places you stop at or tourist destinations.  I couldn't imagine not having time on tours for bathroom breaks, meals or people carrying bags for items and souvenirs they purchase.

• Thanks 1

@Billy987

I would definitely check with the cruise line, to find out how they would deal with someone who is dealing with incontinence supplies, as well as to figure out what accommodations they might have for someone who is incontinent. They might have a special way that they deal with that, or they might just have you dumping these in a special receptacle, which they empty every couple of days or whatever. The best thing is, I would definitely check with the cruise line, and look under anything that has to do with disabilities, and find out how they deal with people with disabilities, or how they deal with people with wheelchairs, or other things. You might find that you are able to carry anything that you need on board a ship as long as you're able to prove that you need it for disability reasons.

When I went to Florida in 2016, I found out that if you have a medical reason for having extra baggage, such as me being in a wheelchair and carrying an extra bag on board, this would be allowable, because I was carrying one suitcase that was in the hold, and one that it was on my back, or on my chair. No one said anything about this , and they told me that that was OK. Not only that, but the one thing that I was concerned about, my lithium ion batteries, which are known to have issues, they didn't even bat an eyelash, they asked me one question about my batteries and whether they stay inside the hubs or if they're removable, and I told them that they are removable, but I leave them in the hubs . When they found out that all I do is leave them in the hubs, they told me that my chair could roll on to the aircraft I could be seated, and that it does not need to be disassembled with the battery separated: as long as those batteries are within the hubs and locked in position they are OK .

I would definitely spend some time looking at the airlines that you are planning on trying to book with. Many of them have particular information on how you would be able to board, or pre board before everyone else's called. They also have rules about what you could carry on an aircraft and what you cannot, so you want to make sure that what you're carrying on the aircraft is approved, and anything that you want to carry on the aircraft that might not be something they want you to carry on board with you on your person, should be put in a checked bag. I don't think anyone would have a problem with you carrying extra bags if the idea is that you have diapers in them or any other supplies because of your incontinence, but I would definitely carry some in your carry-on when you were on board: I learned that from a friend of mine who said that sometimes what happens is you go to an airport such as TLH to BTV, Tallahassee FL to Burlington Vt, and sometimes what happens is your bags leave with you from Burlington International Airport, and they might not land in Tallahassee right away, because you might have to change aircraft, and your bags may not fly with you on the same plane. In that case, you would want to make sure that you're carrying in your carry-on what you need on board the aircraft, so in the event that your bags don't come home with you right away, you have what you need to be able to function while you are moving between your home destination and your ship, or your ship back to your home destination. All I would do is ask them what you would do if you were disabled, and also how they deal with incontinence, and I bet you money that they would allow you extra baggage at very low to zero charge because of you being disabled. I would definitely use your disability designation even if you are not physically disabled, because I believe in continence does count as a disability! Make sure you're telling them why you need to carry extra baggage, and I'm sure they would understand, and probably wouldn't even charge you for the extra baggage. When I took a bus ride to concord NH a few years ago, they didn't even charge me for the extra bag, even though I paid for the extra bag because I wanted to make sure that there was no problem. All you need to do is make sure that you're communicating with your airline and your cruise line and plenty of time so that you can set up what you need. Also check with your airline and your cruise line to make sure that all of the necessary things you need are available to you, but other than that I think you would be OK.

Brian

I have cruised extensively with diapers.  My longest cruise was 31 days, around the Med and then back-to-back cruises to the States.  I took extra suitcases and stuffed every corner of every suitcase with diapers.  The room stewart helped by taking unneeded suitcases and storing them outside our room until I called for them.

Don't try to hide the fact the you wear diapers from your room stewart or maid.  It will not work and you need his/her  help.  Please tip them accordingly at the end of your cruise.

It can be dangerous to count on obtaining more diapers during your travel.  Many overseas pharmacies do not carry a stock of adult diapers.  Rather, they can get them for you within a couple of days, if you will be there long enough.

--John

(double incontinent)

• Thanks 1

Disposal is the biggest issue in my experience. The last time I went on a cruise, I wasn't in diapers myself, but I had a kid in pull-ups, and the trash receptacles in the staterooms are small. I agree with the statement that you definitely need to work with your cleaning staff - you will need extra disposal space for multiple adult diapers per day. Other than that, bring a lot of them, because decent products may be hard to get abroad, and you don't want to spend your shore days searching out diapers rather than seeing the sights. Have a great time!

• Thanks 1