LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Switching over to cloth

LtlGary

Currently in between jobs and not feeling like going back to work. So I've scrounged together some money and made the switch to cloth. To me they are just as comfortable as disposables, but having to do the laundry is the worst. I wish I had someone to take care of me financially so I could spend all day writing stories and not have to worry about adulting.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, LtlGary said:

Currently in between jobs and not feeling like going back to work. So I've scrounged together some money and made the switch to cloth. To me they are just as comfortable as disposables, but having to do the laundry is the worst. I wish I had someone to take care of me financially so I could spend all day writing stories and not have to worry about adulting.

??

The up front cost for cloth diapers is high but they will last for years.  I am a cloth lover and would like to try Megamax to see what they're like but when I calculate the cost, I can't justify it.  I think the cost is somewhere around $3 per diaper.  Using 2 or 3 per day is a budget buster. 

• Like 5

People that juts like diapers are lucky as they can wear almost anything.
I like the plastic feeling and I don't get that from cloth.  Plastic pants just not the same. 

Megamax should last whole day.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, steviet said:

The up front cost for cloth diapers is high but they will last for years.  I am a cloth lover and would like to try Megamax to see what they're like but when I calculate the cost, I can't justify it.  I think the cost is somewhere around $3 per diaper.  Using 2 or 3 per day is a budget buster. 

Mega max should last you a long a$$ time!!! I can't fill them fast enough, so I would use about 1 1/2 per day....but thats just me. Max for most people I imagine would be 2 a day.....any more and you either 1)have something wrong, 

Or 

2) have the bladder of an Elephant, in which case I imagine the Elephant might like it back!!?

They hold a TON, so using more than 2 per day, to me, is a waste..

• Like 2

Thank you. Good to know  I do wet a lot and change out of my cloth frequently as they start to sag, so I guess i was thinking I'd have to do the same with Megamax.  Looking forward to trying them out!

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, LtlGary said:

Indeed. I used the last of my spare change to purchase a few more. I still have a few North shore diapers left. Might save them for a special occasion...

Save for when you can't get access to washing facilities.  You'll need them.  For me it's mostly holidays & visits to friends' homes.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Dee Cee said:

How can you be 64 yrs old , and not have a washer and dryer , I’m 68 , and my first big purchase , was a sears , washer and dryer , and I only paid 50$ a month , and it took for ever but I finally got a job , that paid me enough to just pay for them it took  me like 10 years , but I was able to just pay them off in two payments, and I was just paying the interest , all them years , so when they took a shit like 30 years ago , I just went to a house auction, and bought a Maytag washer , and dryer , like 150$ for the pair , and that was 23 years ago , and I can hear the dryer running , now !the junk I bought right after the sears , w/d , was given to me but they just came along with the house I had bought , but they gave out , and I rolled them into my pickup and took them to the top of this mountain 2800 ft up , backed up to the guardrails , and sent them crashing and banding down threw the woods , you could hear them slamming into trees , and boulders for about a minute , or two ! 

He may live in apartment building and not be able to install a washer or dryer, or a small mobile home, or for some other reason just not have space for them.

I spent a few years washing my diapers at a laundromat.

I'm actually 38. Currently living at home, taking care of older parents, who are in their 80's. 

I wish I had enough money to afford my own place but I don't. Doesn't help either when your car needs a new transmission either.

On 11/7/2022 at 11:20 PM, Dee Cee said:

How can you be 64 yrs old , and not have a washer and dryer

To clarify, it's when I'm away from home I haven't got access to washing facilities.  At home I'm in cloth, away I'm in disposables.

So ive been stuck using cloth and i recently figured out a trick. I bought a pack of depends and pulled the tabes off to use them as diaper pads. They worked great! It really helps with cleaning up messy diapers and makes the clothes diapers more absorbent 

On 11/7/2022 at 3:20 PM, Dee Cee said:

How can you be 64 yrs old , and not have a washer and dryer , I’m 68 , and my first big purchase , was a sears , washer and dryer , and I only paid 50$ a month , and it took for ever but I finally got a job , that paid me enough to just pay for them it took  me like 10 years , but I was able to just pay them off in two payments, and I was just paying the interest , all them years , so when they took a shit like 30 years ago , I just went to a house auction, and bought a Maytag washer , and dryer , like 150$ for the pair , and that was 23 years ago , and I can hear the dryer running , now !the junk I bought right after the sears , w/d , was given to me but they just came along with the house I had bought , but they gave out , and I rolled them into my pickup and took them to the top of this mountain 2800 ft up , backed up to the guardrails , and sent them crashing and banding down threw the woods , you could hear them slamming into trees , and boulders for about a minute , or two ! 

Space,cost, situation

Those three are also why I dont own one. The one i want to buy is a Speed Queen residential washer/dryer combo

Anyways, cloth performance is even more mediocre when your a adult then a child. You just have more mass then a child does and hence more output. I do like those hybrids that attempt to adress cloths poor absorbency performance.

34 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

Anyways, cloth performance is even more mediocre when your a adult then a child. You just have more mass then a child does and hence more output. 

Don't forget that while you have more mass and output than a child does, your adult sized cloth diaper is also much much larger and thicker than a cloth baby diaper so things balance out proportionately. 

I have never owned any cloth diapers other than baby profiles of which I would use for boosters in disposable diapers.

I just never got into cloth, I’m not apposed to using them but my wife don’t like the idea of laundering them and no more diapers than I wear disposables are the best answer for both of us .

• Like 1
9 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Don't forget that while you have more mass and output than a child does, your adult sized cloth diaper is also much much larger and thicker than a cloth baby diaper so things balance out proportionately. 

Add to this that cloth diapers can be customized to meet one's needs or desires of the moment.