LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

NorthShore is starting a diaper clinical trial

Kawaharu

Hopefully this will reduce or eliminate the "2 hour diaper change" trend. In my opinion 4 hospital grade diapers is much more of a waste than 1 diaper that could last for 8 hours or more. Not to mention less work for the caregivers. Obviously this does not include poopy diapers which should be changed ASAP

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, olympus said:

Hopefully this will reduce or eliminate the "2 hour diaper change" trend. In my opinion 4 hospital grade diapers is much more of a waste than 1 diaper that could last for 8 hours or more. Not to mention less work for the caregivers. Obviously this does not include poopy diapers which should be changed ASAP

Hopefully, it would spur hospitals and nursing homes to get better diapers for people.

• Like 1

@Kawaharu

I also agree with you! It's high time that these companies who make it their business to decide what is available for their customer base to understand that the most important thing that you want to be when you are incontinent is comfortable, and you want to be in a position where you remain with your dignity intact.Incontinence is one of the things that we will have to deal with at one point in our lives, whether we experience ourselves, or our loved ones experience it and we have to help them. It is high time that people take notice of the fact that it is more advantageous and worth the money to make sure that a loved one is comfortable, is relaxed, is dry, and doesn't have to keep on wearing incontinence products that are subpar or not able to do the job that they're supposed to do .

one of the things that I've learned over the last three years is that diapers are everywhere. There are many types of diapers, whether there be cloth, whether they be disposable, whether they be plastic backed, or whether they be cloth backed. There's a whole bunch of all in ones, and pocket diapers, and a whole bunch of different types out there. I also realized that the most important thing is that because there are so many diapers out there, you have to find the diaper that works for you. I know for a fact, that cloth diapers or cloth back diapers just won't work for me, because it requires somebody with a lot more dexterity to be able to put them on and be able to change them properly. Cloth back diaper or a disposable diaper is different because you have to make sure that you can put it on properly, and once you do that you're all set. Non cloth back diapers don't work for many people, because all you do is release whatever you're holding, and the product is not designed to be strong enough to be able to take the onslaught of whatever it is that they are releasing. You also want to make sure that if you are releasing a bowel movement that the diaper can handle that as well. You also have to make sure that you have order control within the diaper, or it's going to be very very uncomfortable, or it's going to smell awful bad.

What they need to do is make sure they go back to the drawing board when it comes to these rules about diapers, what brands are available, what the rule says, what the state law says, and everything else regarding these state facilities. Many times, state facilities are caught because they are doing something that is just barely under the minimum, but not doing enough so that they exceed the minimum. If you can have the best care available, and if you're paying for it, you should be able to have what you need. There's no excuse in my opinion to cut corners when it comes to healthcare, so why should it be any different when you're dealing with incontinence supplies, or when you're dealing with medical supplies, or whether you're dealing with an oxygen hose, or anything like that. You'd want the best medicine if you were sick, or you'd want the best medicine if you have to take it every day, and you wouldn't want medicine that is not working for you would you? Obviously not! People that are making decisions about what diapers are available or what products are available are not the ones that are actually using them, so they have no excuses that they can use when they say that Medicare won't pay for this/ Medicaid won't pay for that. If the states weren't worried about how much something costs all the time, and they were more worried about what works for you, they would make sure you got what you needed. In my case I had to fight tooth and nail to get what I wanted, and I wasn't going to stop until I got what I needed and I wanted. I was also able to prove medical necessity for what I wanted and what I needed, and it's obvious that what I was releasing was unable to be taken care of by these diapers. I've also worn these cloth back diapers that they gave me and they don't have any security. One of the worst things that you have to do in your life is to be able to use the bathroom. It's going to happen one way or the other, it's going to go in, so it has to come out. Whether or not you can control it, it's gonna happen, so you have to have the right diaper for the right person or for the right application.

They were saying things about to me at least, about skin breakdown and all of these things that they're worried about. However, the most important thing that you have to realize is, that you as a human being usually sleep at least 8 hours a night. As you age, you don't need as much sleep, and some elderly people don't sleep very much at all. I noticed from my own experience, that part of my problem was I was more worried about going to the bathroom all night, and I'd spend five to six hours in the bathroom, and not be able to get any relaxation or any sleep period this made me irritable and tired in the morning, and I didn't feel like doing anything. There were times that I was sick and I didn't even want to get up, so I can tell you from experience that you have to make sure you're able to get sleep. This is why elderly people sometimes get powerful medications, or some sort of assistance so they can sleep.

Let me tell you: if you don't have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night, because you have a diaper on, because you can use the diaper for whatever reason, and someone will change it, it's a lot better for you. For example, I could put a mega Max diaper on tonight at 10:00 PM. Then I end up going to sleep, the only time I would change that diaper any earlier than six in the morning would be if I end up having a situation where I had to get up to change it because it was totally drenched. A mega Max diaper in my case would end up lasting me the entire night because they are built for 12 hours. They are built because they expect someone to use them, and people who are severely incontinent both ways can I at least have the safety and security of knowing that if they have to go, they go, and then they get up. Sure it's gonna smell in the morning if they have an issue, but at least they can get plenty of sleep, and then get in the shower. Sleep is important: cost is not as important as sleep in my opinion: health means a lot to people, and if it costs money to keep somebody alive, and it takes $5000 to keep somebody alive, so they can live a halfway decent life, then cost doesn't seem to be an issue or shouldn't be. My dad takes special medicine that he needs to take every three months, and it's very expensive, but my dad is taking care of, and the medicine takes care of my dad's issue with his severe asthma. If my dad didn't have this medicine, he would probably be in a lot of trouble.

So I hope that these type of studies will be shown to every state in the union from Alabama to Wyoming. There is no excuse whatsoever that can be given to me that makes any sense that say they should be able to cut corners. I don't care if diapers cost$3 a diaper, or maybe $35 a bag, if my loved ones are comfortable, they have their dignity, they can enjoy what they're dealing with, and they're able to live their life to the fullest. When you're talking about your loved one, money really doesn't matter, because once the loved one passes, then you worry about all the money: while your loved one is alive, you try to do for them as much as you can, until there's nothing else that can be done, and then you make sure that they're comfortable and have what they need, so they can end up living as full life as they can.

One of the things that really angers me is that the people that make the decisions about what we have to use don't even have to use what they peddle. Meaning, that if you have a person that is severely incontinent, you could save them a lot of time if you had something similar to a mega Max diaper available for the public to use, covered by medical insurance. But we all know that this is a game that insurance companies play. If you're paying a ton of money to an insurance company, then you're much more able to get what you need, but somebody out there makes the decisions about protocols and about insurance costs and about what is covered and what is not, and sometimes what they think is appropriate and what should be appropriate are two different things, and sometimes insurance companies don't care about their beneficiaries. When you are Incarnate like kawahara and myself and others karma you know what you are, you know what you need, and you live with it every day. When you accept what you have to deal with, you no what works and you know what doesn't work. However, we as an insurance beneficiaries don't get any choices . Whole bunch of people get together in the medical community and decide what the bare minimum is , and sometimes even the bare minimum isn't even appropriate. That is one of the things that really angers me about insurance. You have to pull all the stops out before you can get anywhere, but once you get there everything is easy .

as I said I hope that this type of study will go viral all over the nation, and every state of the union will understand that a cloth backed diaper that they give us, is as useless as a roll of bounty paper towels on our butts . When you are incontinent you need something to be able to catch and hold what you are releasing, to be able to absorb what it is that you're releasing . When I have to use diapers like that, it made no sense, because they're not designed for full on release, and even North Shore will tell you that. They'll tell you that it cloth back mega Max air is not designed for someone who is fully medically incontinent like that, because it does not have the same qualities as a plastic backed mega Max. I asked them about this, because I was wondering if I should try the ones that are mega Max air, and they told me that what I had is more appropriate for me, because of what I release and how much . They say that diapers are only as good as those that make them, so the best thing that they can do is make sure they're making better quality diapers . I mean you're not going to have someone make oxygen hoses with slits in them are you ? That would never fly, and that would be something that people would be getting after the companies for : it's high time that these companies realize that they have to have an idea that what they make shouldn't cost $0.35 a diaper , and then you can get 300 of them, but you should be able to get what you need and an amount that makes sense, so that you can be able to live your life to the fullest extent

it is not the fault of the people that are incontinent or that need diapers for whatever reason : just like a toilet is only as good as what is manufactured , the better toilets cost more money : better diapers cost that we also, but you can't even get the good stuff , because every single manufacturer has decided to cut corners and costs and not give you what you need.

@NorthShoreAdam knows exactly what he is doing, and he does a pretty good job of it: I'm proud of what he does, and I understand that there are things that he has to deal with, and he might have to cut expenses too sometimes. The difference is that you don't cut quality and usability in favor of cost. The reason why North Shore exists today is because when one of his loved ones couldn't get what they needed, after he did all the research, he finally decided to start his own company to take care of that issue. It's a crying shame that all of these stupid places that take care of elderly and disabled people try to cut corners and make excuses when all they would have to do is make sure they have quality products, and they take better care of their residents/customers.

Let's hope that this study changes laws and every state of the union about this, and also allows for better quality diapers for everyone.It's high time that the people who are making these decisions realize that the easier they make it for the patient, the better off they will be, because if you can't sleep, it's gonna be harder to do anything else common if you can't be comfortable even if you are incontinent, because what you're wearing is substandard, it really stinks in more ways than one!

Brian

• Like 1

Hmmmm a diaper trial....can I be on the jury!!!??????

" ....I here by find the defendant, Northshore GUILTY of providing superior products and services to the community to which it serves" .case dismissed"...

.....on a lighter note ?? much of the current behavior regarding incontinence and the 2 hour change routine comes from the general social stigma about diapers in general, as well as the stigma regarding elimination and bodily byproducts. 

Much of it follows child care as well, changing a childs diaper frequently to provide more "comfort" vs. The "bad parent who changes less frequently, allowing the child to sit or remain in their own waste products for extended time. Much of this has been created by the manufacturers themselves. Frequent changing of disposable products equals more sales and more $$$$

All in the name if "comfort" for the child. Same with adult products. People equate a wet diaper with being uncomfortable ( though we know better!! ??) and or unsanitary and unhealthy etc. Northshore proved this to be untrue with their use of mega max products in nursing homes from the previous article posted here. With todays technology, added fillers and SAP usage, adult products are more efficient, higher capacity, and far more comfortable than previous products. So the "technical" argument has been over come, but the "psycological" argument is still pending revision. Family members asking why the patient hasn't been changed in "x" hours and they must be terribly uncomfortable and risking skin disorders and infections etc, when this again, in general isn't true. Newer products are far more comfortable, even after extended use, than before. Having worn Mega Maxs' myself, I personally know they are amazing, and comfortable, even after 8 hours and many wettings /floods etc. But then,I am a D/L, and don't mind being in a wet diaper for extended periods of time, but that is just me. The social, psycological perception is :

"a diaper is wet with pee, and therefore MUST  be uncomfortable, AND creating a health issue, therefore it must be changed"

immediatly!! "  we do this for children, there fore it must be also done for adults..

So, until the "psycological" perceptions and attitudes  change, much will remain the same with regards to diapers in general, and adult diapers, and adults IN diapers ....specifically.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, square_duck said:

So, until the "psycological" perceptions and attitudes  change, much will remain the same with regards to diapers in general, and adult diapers, and adults IN diapers ....specifically.

And that's why people like me are doing our best to change the psychological perceptions, attitude's, stigmas and notions in what it means to be in diapers and especially in adult diapers. Also, look at the baby boomer generation that's getting older and some are developing incontinent issues as well. 

• Like 1

Let see, 2-3 cloth-like diapers or 1 plastic diaper, both cost the same. 

Not 100% sure, but I think incontinent people in Norway only have the option of cloth-like, so even if I were to become incontinent, I wouldn't get any free diapers as I refuse to use shitty diapers.
I have tried most available cloth-like, and they all ended up as backup, or in the dump. 
One wetting and they start to sag.
Plastic will leak before it sags. 

People don't know that there is better diapers out there.
I bet that anyone that got to try plastic diapers would never go back to free cloth-like. 

I was recently talking with my sister, she is a nurse at a nursing home. She was talking about caring for patients with cognitive difficulties, how some with chronic pain simply stop complaining about their pain or taking their meds. 

Careful screening will need to be done for this or any study. A patient with some cognitive problems may be at a point where they are uncomfortable in their wet diaper, but not aware that they should complain about it. Others may find the wet squishy diaper comfortable, like many of us, and not complain to the point where they needed a change but didn't ask for one. Let's face it, a wet high quality diaper is much more comfortable than a proportionally wet cheap diaper.

• Like 2

I spent almost 4 months in a wound care hospital being woke up every 1.5 hours for a diaper check.

I have chronic insomnia and this drove me nuts as i would just get back to sleep and they would wake me up again,  at home i wear magamax or XP5000s and get better sleep.