LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is the best diaper leak protector

BabyCat2

Hi there I'm wearing the pull up style diapers and unfortunately they keep leaking. So I was wondering which diaper cover is best for leakproof and breathability, and are not hot?

Thanks ? 

Pull-up diapers

18 minutes ago, BabyCat2 said:

Hi there I'm wearing the pull up style diapers and unfortunately they keep leaking. So I was wondering which diaper cover is best for leakproof and breathability, and are not hot?

Thanks ? 

Pull-up diapers are ok ok if you don't want to too wet too much

Otherwise you would be better off with proper diapers rather than pull-ups

First a few points, I don’t know how heavy a wetter you might be, like in only one wetting. If you are leaking, after only wetting one time, then you need to go to a more absorbent garment. You should consider, a regular adult brief type diaper. They would provide more absorbency, and be able to hold more liquid, without a leak, especially after one one wetting. 
But for a cover, to go over a diaper that’s leak resistant, and not to hot, I would recommend a pair of nylon type panties, or PUL (polyurethane). Personal I prefer, good ole plastic style panties. But some complain, they are warmer when worn over diapers. 
The main thing though, is no diaper cover, whatever it’s made of, is going to stop leaks completely. Not if you don’t have, a good absorbent diaper to begin with. 

Two words; RUBBER PANTIES

PUL is known to leak. This is because it is gas-pearmeable. This is fine for water vapor like perspiration. However urine is chemically complex and some of the things in it are gaseous at body temperature and get through the material. The, being a couple of milimeters away from the body, cool and condense on the pantis and clothes. Rubber and plastic are nonpermeable to just about anything but hydrogen and contain these vapors. They have workd for over 70 years

4 hours ago, BabyCat2 said:

Gotcha its almost sounding like I need to switch to solid diapers since I am a heavy wetter 

On the nose! Yeah, if you are a heavy wetter, you need to jump into some actual diapers. For example, https://www.northshorecare.com/  Northshore Care is a pretty good site to start. Check, and click on “Tab-Style Briefs”, Mega Max are great! But, these days, there are lots of great adult diapers out there. I would stay away from, the diapers sold at most box stores, not very good. 
Oh, and it still doesn’t hurt to add a good pair of plastic, or even rubber pants, to go over your disposable. Maybe not absolutely necessary, but it can help when you think you might leak. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, AbabeBill said:

On the nose! Yeah, if you are a heavy wetter, you need to jump into some actual diapers. For example, https://www.northshorecare.com/  Northshore Care is a pretty good site to start. Check, and click on “Tab-Style Briefs”, Mega Max are great! But, these days, there are lots of great adult diapers out there. I would stay away from, the diapers sold at most box stores, not very good. 
Oh, and it still doesn’t hurt to add a good pair of plastic, or even rubber pants, to go over your disposable. Maybe not absolutely necessary, but it can help when you think you might leak. 

You hit the nail on the head. Start with a good, thick diaper (cloth or disposable) and add a pair of plastics as a finishing touch. Lately, the bulk of leaking diapers has been caught by the plastics and only minimal amounts around the legs. They've saved my bedding from being a lake. That which came out was saved by my bed pad. Unbeatable combination. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Holy crap -- those things are expensive!!! $79/pair plus shipping. For that price they should be made of gold.

My source of leaks is the side or up facing pee pee. It always works its way to the top or side so I never know how it's going to end up. Maybe putting a pad in there would help.

4 hours ago, ppdude said:

Holy crap -- those things are expensive!!! $79/pair plus shipping. For that price they should be made of gold.

My source of leaks is the side or up facing pee pee. It always works its way to the top or side so I never know how it's going to end up. Maybe putting a pad in there would help.

@BabyCat2

I would go to northshorecare.com: pick up a couple pair of their trifectas: make sure when you get these that you get a size of trifecta that is one size bigger than a diaper that you are wearing. The reason for this is because you want enough room for the diaper to expand, and you don't want it so tight that it cuts off your circulation on your tummy. You want to make sure that whatever you're releasing stays within the diaper or at least and then the plastic pants. I don't think you need to pay $79 apiece for any diaper cover, that's a little extreme. I have a set of 24: six of every color they make: but of course I have my home health agency helping me with those type of expenses, so there are special funds that I can use during the entire year to get things like this. If you want to try them out, you could always go to Amazon.com and look for those as well, they're pretty good, and they last for 75 washes. After about 75 washes, then you should probably replace them. I made sure that I had plenty of them so that I don't have to do laundry every two weeks, but I do it more often cause I wanna make sure that I am keeping that type of stuff clean, and I usually do that when I remove diaper trash from the Jenna bell pale, which is what I put diapers into. I also use the scented disposal bags from North Shore care, because you never know when you're gonna have a nasty one or you wanna throw underpads or gloves or anything like that away, so you wanna be able to get rid of it all in one shot.

Brian

• Like 1

First of all I would lay off the pull-up style diapers and go tabbed with a descent amount of absorbency which suits your needs needless to say. Secondly plastic pants of something similar will do the job just fine.