LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

More of the new normal

Stroller

Sometimes I take for granted the progress I've made back into being a toddler at heart.  Other times I just marvel at where we are now.  Last night I was sitting with Mummy on the sofa watching the television.  I was in a wet nappy, with my dummy in my mouth and cuddling my big stuffed rabbit.  Mummy said it was my bedtime so I got up to give her a bedtime kiss.  She took my dummy out of my mouth, kissed me, then put my dummy back in.  And so i headed up the wooden steps to Bedfordshire.  Shower, nappy change and sleep.  When Mummy came up to bed she brought my bottle of milk, and I was half asleep.  She took my dummy out of my mouth, fed me my bottle, then put my dummy back in.  I went straight back to sleep.

This morning when I woke I suckled on Mummy's boobies for ages.  And then I asked her whether it was waking time yet and she told me it was, and that I could get up if I wanted.  I made Mummy a cup of tea and took it up to her, still in my overnight nappy and jamas, with my dummy in place.  And now I'm sitting here typing this.  Soon I'll head upstairs again, get a clean nappy out from under our bed, and go for a wash and nappy change.

In so many ways this is just how I want to be at home.  It seems to be working fine for both of us.  I just love it.  During the day I have to do lots of grown-up things as well of course, but not all the time.  And at night I'm a full-time toddler.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Stroller said:

Sometimes I take for granted the progress I've made back into being a toddler at heart.  Other times I just marvel at where we are now.  Last night I was sitting with Mummy on the sofa watching the television.  I was in a wet nappy, with my dummy in my mouth and cuddling my big stuffed rabbit.  Mummy said it was my bedtime so I got up to give her a bedtime kiss.  She took my dummy out of my mouth, kissed me, then put my dummy back in.  And so i headed up the wooden steps to Bedfordshire.  Shower, nappy change and sleep.  When Mummy came up to bed she brought my bottle of milk, and I was half asleep.  She took my dummy out of my mouth, fed me my bottle, then put my dummy back in.  I went straight back to sleep.

This morning when I woke I suckled on Mummy's boobies for ages.  And then I asked her whether it was waking time yet and she told me it was, and that I could get up if I wanted.  I made Mummy a cup of tea and took it up to her, still in my overnight nappy and jamas, with my dummy in place.  And now I'm sitting here typing this.  Soon I'll head upstairs again, get a clean nappy out from under our bed, and go for a wash and nappy change.

In so many ways this is just how I want to be at home.  It seems to be working fine for both of us.  I just love it.  During the day I have to do lots of grown-up things as well of course, but not all the time.  And at night I'm a full-time toddler.

@Stroller

sounds like this is exactly the way you want it to be! Congratulations! Many people would about kill for what you have now. It takes a special bond, a special type of relationship, and special people to make that happen. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy that with your mommy and that you were able to enjoy your time together.

Ever since 2020, I have one wearing diapers 24/7, minus the time that it takes me if I have to air out after a long time in a diaper. Other than that, I'm usually in a diaper 24/7. Sometimes I take for granted the fact that I can do but I do now in a diaper, and I don't have to feel bad about it, part of the problem is there are so many stigmas that are innate with people that like diapers wear diapers or used diapers for any reason, and if you are able to surmount those, you are pretty well set. Diapers are not bad at all, and they help me to relax and do the things I want to do. I no longer have to worry about having to get up and going to the bathroom all the time, or getting up at 3:00 o'clock in the morning because I have to use the bathroom. I spent half the time at night between the hours of midnight and five in the morning in the bathroom on the John, and that sucked, because if I was able to get back to sleep say at 2:00 in the morning, and I had to get up at three, I wouldn't get back to bed until 4:30, and then I would have to go and get up at 5.

Because of COVID-19, we've had to change the entire landscape of how we do things around. There were times when we couldn't even see one another for over a year and a half, or that the only places we would go would be to important places, and we wouldn't be able to see our loved ones, but we'd be able to talk with them and enjoy their company, or maybe send them an e-mail. COVID-19 also made it necessary for us to change how we deal with work period I remember how people used to say that they wanted a day off, or that they had to go into the office. Because you can now do most of your work from home, there is no need to go to the office, so if you are lucky enough to be able to work from home 90% of the time, that means you can be in diapers exactly the way you're dressed the way you want to be dressed how you want to be dressed, and no one will say anything. I've even had full discussions about things in diapers, no one's even noticed it. The point is because of COVID-19 things change, the economy, the world around us, and how we do things, and as my pastor would say " we have to find new ways to do things we always used to do."  now that we have the ability to work from home, there is also one other advantage. This is on the medical side

zoom is an incredible tool: we used to have to go to the doctor's office for preventative health care, or when we ended up having some health problem. I don't mind going to the doctor, and I don't mind seeing him, but sometimes it takes a long time to get up there, and then you have to wait for the return trip. I don't know exactly how else to put this, but sometimes that sucks especially when you feel really lousy and you want to go and lay down. Because of zoom, we have been able to do many many things, that we would not be able to do otherwise, because we weren't able to remotely access our workplaces.

I was one of the patients in my doctor's office one day, and told the doctor and his staff that the state should continue to pay for telehealth visits. Told him that because many many times there are people who may be too sick to be able to make it to his office. Or, it might take the doctor 5 to 10 minutes to figure out what's going on, and rather than sending up a patient, waiting an hour for the return, and doing a 35 minute appointment, he can see what's going on in less than 10 minutes. He can also schedule a full hour appointment or as little as a 15 minute appointment should it be necessary.

As I said, remote work does have its advantages: however, I hope that we can still maintain the culture of work from home. Sometimes somebody can be burning up with fever, and be sick to their stomach, and all that, and be really sick one day, and try to work the next couple. If you're working from home, there is no need to put on a suit and a tie and your best shoes, and then try to go out and make a living. You also don't have to start up your car and brush off the snow and everything else, just to drive 15 minutes to work, and then go into a warm office, only to come out to a cold car at 5:00 PM. There are advantages to this. You and I both know that because we have the ability to appreciate what we have now. I like the fact that I don't have to go rushing off to work everyday, even though I am in constant contact with my work colleagues via e-mail, phone, zoom or whatever else. If I'm required to be in my office, I will be there at least once a week, and more than that on request. It works a lot better if I can also work on things that I need to work on, but I might not have to be in front of my desk. Sometimes however working at the office is the best way to get something done, because then you end up with a situation where you're working from home so much, you get used to it, and sometimes you get really really down, because you miss people. That happened to me on a few occasions.

I'm glad that you're able to spend time with your mommy and enjoy being yourself. I'm sure that you enjoy being a toddler, and while you must sometimes do adult stuff, you know that you can always regress later.

Brian

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Stroller said:

That sounds like a lovely evening. So happy for you. Hugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Most days I take Binky out for a 4-mile walk along the river. He likes to go in the river for a splash, and he's off the lead for most of the time. We just wander along, and usually it's pretty quiet.  It's a good time to become more of a little, and I've been doing that more and more.  It's like I'm channelling William Brown out with Jumble, or Christopher Robin exploring the Hundred Acre Wood with Pooh Bear. Although I don't suppose they were wearing nappies. It's summer, so I'm usually just in a onesie and cargo shorts, with walking shoes and my socks with teddies on them. And my dummy's in my pocket, except for when it's really quiet and a have it in my mouth instead for a while when nobody's around. I always come home with a nappy wetter than when I set off - I just start wetting as we're walking along, usually with a few seconds' warning it's going to happen, but it happens anyway without me doing anything, and I just carry on as normal - because it is normal now. I don't even worry about whether I need a nappy change before I set off these days - we just go out, usually when Binky tells me he thinks it's time to go. I get a kiss from Mummy when we get home again.

It's easy enough these days for me to snap into something a bit closer to being a grown-up if I meet other people along the way. I'm dressed conventionally enough on the outside, and my slight waddle due to my thick cloth nappy isn't really noticeable. Of course I'm never really a grown-up. Just pretending!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Stroller said:

It's easy enough these days for me to snap into something a bit closer to being a grown-up if I meet other people along the way. I'm dressed conventionally enough on the outside, and my slight waddle due to my thick cloth nappy isn't really noticeable. Of course I'm never really a grown-up. Just pretending!

That's so true. I try to dress like an adult baby in an adult world but most times I have to disguise myself to be among the normal adults, big kids and grown ups enough to pass among them. The only way they would ever know I am an adult baby is by my thick diaper and a waddle in my walk.I t's why I'm never really a grown up adult or big kid. I'm just pretending to pass among them and in reality I am an adult baby and will always be an adult baby who will never grow up to be an adult.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here i dress up enough to get by in the big boy world but under my work clothes I wear a onesie and am diapered in ever a better dry or crinklz with a pacifier in my pocket just in case. Going to and from work I wear a walking harness under my jacket and take it off at work and put it on to return home after in a toilet 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Time to write down something about what I've been up to in the past few weeks I think.  Firstly, dealing with the worry that I might run out of AB supplies.  It's always there at the back of my mind - Am I going to run out of nappies?  Will my favourite suppliers stay in business?  Will the difficult restrictions on imports into the UK stop me getting what I need?  OK I don't let these things get to me much, but I do try to keep a reasonable stock of everything just in case.

So going back a few weeks, where was I?  I've got plenty of cloth nappies and soakers, and they'll last 2 or 3 years or more.  But I was running out of Snappis and nappy pins for fixing my overnight nappies.  That was easy to fix, so now I've got 2 more packs of Snappis and pins.  And now onto plastic pants.  My supplier of my favourite pants (Arizona Healthcare, based here in the UK) hadn't had them in stock for a while, so I emailed them to find out what was going on.  A week later I got a reply: they were running down the business and retiring.  AARGH!  What to do?  These pants are polyurethane, and the supplier made them themselves - a husband and wife small business I think.  I knew of no other supplier of PU pants.  IMHO they are much better than vinyl, as they aren't affected by oils, Vaseline etc, are very soft and comfortable, and last for ages. And I wouldn't trust vinyl to be comfortable on a 25-mile walk.

I still had  3 or 4 pairs in my stock, so no need to panic.  I searched the web to find where I could get pants with a wide crotch - 10 inches minimum to accommodate cloth nappies.  Some sites don't even give the crotch measurement, and some are too narrow.  Anyway I managed to find some possible vinyl pants that might do the job, and ended up with 2 pairs of German Suprima pants, one from Dotty Diapers and one Gary pair.  The Gary pants and one of the Suprima pairs work fine, so I've switched to wearing them on alternate days, and my remaining PU pants I'm hoarding for when I really need them.  I've ordered 3 pairs of cheap vinyl pants from China or somewhere via Amazon - you never know I could strike lucky - and then I found out that Gary make PU pants, so I've ordered 3 pairs of them from LL Medico in the US.  That should do for now - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I've found what I need to keep me going.

What else, now I was prodded into stock checking?  Oh yes, disposables.  I don't worry as much about these, as I only wear them when we're away from home.  I still had 5 bags of Betterdrys, but was running out of AB nappies, so time to fix that.  I've now got a case of Crinklz Astronauts and a case of Tykables Overnights stashed away in the garage, so that gives me a warm feeling.  The Astronauts I know and love, and the Overnights are new to me, and I haven't worn one yet.

And then I got Covid again.  I tested positive on the morning we were going away for a long weekend with friends, so that was off.  I'm fully vaccinated, so after a week of feeling awful I was recovering OK when I got another UTI ( urinary tract infection).  That seems to be a risk when wearing nappies full-time.  That meant a weekend feeling awful - hot, cold, wetting painful - before I could get antibiotics.  Then another week feeling bad, and then a couple of weeks gradually getting better.  I'm still not back to normal - still coughing a bit from the Covid, getting very tired.  But I'm on the mend.

Anyway, Mummy's been very good at looking after me.  She moved into the spare bedroom while I was Covid positive, then came back to give me cuddles once it was safe to do so, and she didn't get Covid this time.

And in the middle of all this I bought a great big toy - a big Meccano constructor kit from the 1950s.  I'm going to be building stuff this winter!

We're off for a week's holiday in a couple of weeks' time, so I'll be in those Overnights in no time - looking forward to it.  And Teddy, my dummy, my bottle and my onesies will be coming along!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Stroller said:

Time to write down something about what I've been up to in the past few weeks I think.  Firstly, dealing with the worry that I might run out of AB supplies.  It's always there at the back of my mind - Am I going to run out of nappies?  Will my favourite suppliers stay in business?  Will the difficult restrictions on imports into the UK stop me getting what I need?  OK I don't let these things get to me much, but I do try to keep a reasonable stock of everything just in case.

So going back a few weeks, where was I?  I've got plenty of cloth nappies and soakers, and they'll last 2 or 3 years or more.  But I was running out of Snappis and nappy pins for fixing my overnight nappies.  That was easy to fix, so now I've got 2 more packs of Snappis and pins.  And now onto plastic pants.  My supplier of my favourite pants (Arizona Healthcare, based here in the UK) hadn't had them in stock for a while, so I emailed them to find out what was going on.  A week later I got a reply: they were running down the business and retiring.  AARGH!  What to do?  These pants are polyurethane, and the supplier made them themselves - a husband and wife small business I think.  I knew of no other supplier of PU pants.  IMHO they are much better than vinyl, as they aren't affected by oils, Vaseline etc, are very soft and comfortable, and last for ages. And I wouldn't trust vinyl to be comfortable on a 25-mile walk.

I still had  3 or 4 pairs in my stock, so no need to panic.  I searched the web to find where I could get pants with a wide crotch - 10 inches minimum to accommodate cloth nappies.  Some sites don't even give the crotch measurement, and some are too narrow.  Anyway I managed to find some possible vinyl pants that might do the job, and ended up with 2 pairs of German Suprima pants, one from Dotty Diapers and one Gary pair.  The Gary pants and one of the Suprima pairs work fine, so I've switched to wearing them on alternate days, and my remaining PU pants I'm hoarding for when I really need them.  I've ordered 3 pairs of cheap vinyl pants from China or somewhere via Amazon - you never know I could strike lucky - and then I found out that Gary make PU pants, so I've ordered 3 pairs of them from LL Medico in the US.  That should do for now - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I've found what I need to keep me going.

What else, now I was prodded into stock checking?  Oh yes, disposables.  I don't worry as much about these, as I only wear them when we're away from home.  I still had 5 bags of Betterdrys, but was running out of AB nappies, so time to fix that.  I've now got a case of Crinklz Astronauts and a case of Tykables Overnights stashed away in the garage, so that gives me a warm feeling.  The Astronauts I know and love, and the Overnights are new to me, and I haven't worn one yet.

And then I got Covid again.  I tested positive on the morning we were going away for a long weekend with friends, so that was off.  I'm fully vaccinated, so after a week of feeling awful I was recovering OK when I got another UTI ( urinary tract infection).  That seems to be a risk when wearing nappies full-time.  That meant a weekend feeling awful - hot, cold, wetting painful - before I could get antibiotics.  Then another week feeling bad, and then a couple of weeks gradually getting better.  I'm still not back to normal - still coughing a bit from the Covid, getting very tired.  But I'm on the mend.

Anyway, Mummy's been very good at looking after me.  She moved into the spare bedroom while I was Covid positive, then came back to give me cuddles once it was safe to do so, and she didn't get Covid this time.

And in the middle of all this I bought a great big toy - a big Meccano constructor kit from the 1950s.  I'm going to be building stuff this winter!

We're off for a week's holiday in a couple of weeks' time, so I'll be in those Overnights in no time - looking forward to it.  And Teddy, my dummy, my bottle and my onesies will be coming along!

It'a all normal. Normal for me is being in diapers and plugging along in life. Getting a monthly stock of diapers is always normal for me because they remind me of why I am an adult baby and why I am kept in diapers.

• Like 3
On 8/12/2022 at 12:38 AM, Stroller said:

Your life sounds like the story that I'm writing, except you're living it- and I'm writing about it.  PS- I would trade you

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Stroller said:

I got another UTI ( urinary tract infection).  That seems to be a risk when wearing nappies full-time.  That meant a weekend feeling awful - hot, cold, wetting painful - before I could get antibiotics.  Then another week feeling bad, and then a couple of weeks gradually getting better.  I'm still not back to normal - still coughing a bit from the Covid, getting very tired.  But I'm on the mend.

Funny you should mention that.  I'm starting to wonder about a link between nappies and UTI.  I've had a couple of bouts of a "mystery" illness these last few months that clears up by itself after a week or so.

Apart from crushing fatigue and some chills and sweats, there's been a mysterious pain in my lower abdomen (despite no gastrointestinal symptoms at all).  Stopping to think about it, it's in the zone of my bladder.  There's been more mysterious pain in my lower back (kidney area).  The only thing I have NOT had is painful peeing but during these bouts, i hardly pee at all.  I'm starting to wonder if these might be UTIs and I just eventually fight them off.

I don't think I've ever had a UTI in my life before so it's hard to know.  If it IS a UTI, the only thing I can think of as different is that I'm full-time in nappies now.  Very rarely messy ones though so I'm not sure what the infection vector would be.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, oznl said:

I don't think I've ever had a UTI in my life before so it's hard to know. 

My symptoms both times were:

Painful wetting

Very dark cloudy wee, very noticeable in my nappy

One time, tiny dark specks in my wee, which were blood (not this last time though)

Smelly wee

Mild fever symptoms

Both times my suspicions were confirmed by my doctor, a sample was sent off for analysis & confirmed to be a UTI

Antibiotics improved things in a couple of days, and I was OK in a week.

22 minutes ago, oznl said:

Very rarely messy ones though so I'm not sure what the infection vector would be.

Me neither, and I suspect it's just from wee backing up after picking up a bug from the nappy: even without poo in there it's hardly going to be a sterile environment.  I can't really wash down there more often, and I'm reluctant to change more than 3 times a day, although maybe that would reduce the risk.  Guess I'll just roll with it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Another chapter...

This morning I woke up feeling particularly little, so when I changed my nappy I added an extra soaker.  In the day I'm generally in a cloth nappy with one extra soaker pad, which is pretty thick padding from the point of view of an AB who wears disposables.  So when I add an extra soaker, I've got a lot of cloth wedged up between my legs, and that makes for waddling and feeling like a baby all day.  It should see me through until teatime at least.  Today I'm driving over to see my (biological) mother.  I'll be back home in the middle of the afternoon, and then I'll resume building a 7-foot model of the Eiffel Tower out of Meccano.  A second childhood has pretty much arrived in a lot of respects.

Mummy (my wife this time) was away for a couple of days visiting her own mother, so I've been home alone for a couple of days until she got back last night. I got lots of cuddles and booby last night to make up for her being away.  Our daughter is also away for a week, so my baby bottle is in the kitchen, yesterday's plastic pants are hanging up in the bedroom to dry, and when I get home Teddy is coming downstairs too.  Happy days...

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Stroller said:

This morning I woke up feeling particularly little, so when I changed my nappy I added an extra soaker.  In the day I'm generally in a cloth nappy with one extra soaker pad, which is pretty thick padding from the point of view of an AB who wears disposables.  So when I add an extra soaker, I've got a lot of cloth wedged up between my legs, and that makes for waddling and feeling like a baby all day.  It should see me through until teatime at least. 

That's like me as well. Every morning, I am diaper changed into a thicker diaper with boosters. Having thick padding makes me feel more like an AB and makes me waddle like a baby all day. 

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

It's another warm sunny day here today, so we've decided it's time for me to switch out of dungarees and into cargo shorts for the summer.  I've taken all my shirts and vest onesies out of my shirt drawer, and all my vanilla T-shirt onesies out of the bag under the bed, and I've swapped them round.  I've got three new ABU onesies for this summer - orange, purple and bright green.  And I've put most of my winter daytime cloth nappies in storage in the garage - the rest will have to wait until after the next wash.  They don't really work with cargo shorts as there is a noticeable bulge at the front because of the velcro flaps.  My summer daytime nappies have side poppers instead.  So tomorrow I'll be in shorts and a onesie, and will stay that way until the autumn.

Last night I couldn't sleep properly, so when Mummy came to bed she lay on her back for me to nurse on her for a while.  After a bit she rolled onto her side so I could nurse on the other side, until I was sleepy enough.  That doesn't happen very often in the middle of the night, but Mummy looks after me when I need her to.  I suppose I was nursing for 20 or 30 minutes.  Then I was nursing again in the early hours before it was time to get up, I suppose for the same length of time.  That happens most mornings, until Mummy tells me I can get up.  There's no milk of course, but I pretend, and I feel very little and very close to Mummy.  She usually dozes while I'm nursing.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Stroller said:

It's another warm sunny day here today, so we've decided it's time for me to switch out of dungarees and into cargo shorts for the summer.  I've taken all my shirts and vest onesies out of my shirt drawer, and all my vanilla T-shirt onesies out of the bag under the bed, and I've swapped them round.  I've got three new ABU onesies for this summer - orange, purple and bright green.  And I've put most of my winter daytime cloth nappies in storage in the garage - the rest will have to wait until after the next wash.  They don't really work with cargo shorts as there is a noticeable bulge at the front because of the velcro flaps.  My summer daytime nappies have side poppers instead.  So tomorrow I'll be in shorts and a onesie, and will stay that way until the autumn.

Last night I couldn't sleep properly, so when Mummy came to bed she lay on her back for me to nurse on her for a while.  After a bit she rolled onto her side so I could nurse on the other side, until I was sleepy enough.  That doesn't happen very often in the middle of the night, but Mummy looks after me when I need her to.  I suppose I was nursing for 20 or 30 minutes.  Then I was nursing again in the early hours before it was time to get up, I suppose for the same length of time.  That happens most mornings, until Mummy tells me I can get up.  There's no milk of course, but I pretend, and I feel very little and very close to Mummy.  She usually dozes while I'm nursing.

In the summer time, I can easily get away with a diaper, Onesie and a skirt on and it's always the standard wear for me

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I'm sitting here in shortalls with my dummy in my mouth to write this.  Mummy's in the other room watching the television.  It's a busy day for me - washing day.  Monday's usually washing day.  Not nappies today - I wash them every other day, and this week is a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday week for washing nappies.

I suppose I should write a bit about my weekend.  Two littles' meets in two days, plus a lot of driving on busy roads.  I had a great time, but I'm a bit tired now.  Thursday morning I switched to disposable nappies ready for going away.  I always like that - the start of a holiday, even though this one was going to be just the two days.  So on Thursday I washed nappies and started with my packing for the weekend.  Plus other stuff such as going over to visit my mother (my birth mother) to check she was OK after  recent spells in and out of hospital.  On Friday I did the week's food shopping and finished my packing.  Both a bit complicated.  I wanted to buy food to keep me going for a couple of days without cooking facilities, and I've just discovered that my 50-year problems with my digestion are largely down to gluten intolerance.  So no bread, pastry, cake, pasta etc.  Gluten-free bread exists but it's all pretty revolting.  So my weekend was planned round crisps (that's potato chips for you in the US), gluten-free biscuits, milk (of course) and apples to pretend I was having a healthy diet.  Oh, and I took some leftovers from the fridge so I had a decent meal lined up for Saturday night.  The trouble with adopting a gluten-free diet is that I don;t really know the ropes yet.

As for the packing, I had to plan for two AB events plus a night in a tent between the two. I decided to wear shortalls and an AB onesie for the entire weekend, although I packed a vanilla onesie and a pair of cargo shorts just in case.  And I had a top I could wear over the onesie/shortalls, so when necessary I could make the onesie invisible and the shortalls look like shorts. 

I set off late on Saturday morning for a 1 1/2 hour drive over to Leeds, mostly on the very busy M62 motorway.  I took Mummy's car - mine's electric and my schedule for the weekend meant I wouldn't have time to recharge the car on the way.  So I had to get used to the gearbox again - I usually remembered to change down before coming to a halt and stalling, but not every time.  Anyway I arrived at the venue just before it opened at 1pm, in an industrial area just behind a tyre-fitting workshop.  There was a handful of others there already, but nobody I recognised.  It was my first time at this particular venue, but I was expecting to find one or two people I knew.  I was in my 'vanilla' shortalls - dark blue, with the buttoned crotch and sewn-up flies not at all noticeable.  The dummy ribbon was a bit of a giveaway I suppose.  My onesie on the other hand was bright blue and featured lots of trucks.  I'm always shy, but I did get chatting to people as we waited, and then the doors opened and we filed in.

I changed into my Lego shoes and my red shortalls once inside.  And refilled my sucky cup with milk, as I'd been drinking from it on the drive.  My red shortalls are not vanilla at all.  Bright red with huge yellow buttons, including yellow buttons fastening the crotch.  And Moomintroll on the front pocket.

The event was very good.  Lots of littles, some games such as pass the parcel.  As usual most of the crowd was much younger than me - mostly in their 20s I'd say.  Where are the older ABs?  Staying at home I think.  The sex balance was about 50/50, and there were some furries, plus a couple of pony girls.  Most of the males were in nappies and some of the females, which in my experience is pretty typical.  Some carers as well.  There was a room set aside for nappy changes, although in the end I didn't need it.  I'd put on an Overnight with a couple of extra soakers after breakfast, and it easily lasted the day.  I spent quite a long time in a high chair, pretending I couldn't get out, and eventually I was rescued - thank you Evie!

The event was due to end at 6, but I left about 5, as I had a 4-hour drive north ahead of me.  I said my goodbyes and hit the road.  I headed for a campsite I've stayed at before, in the Scottish Borders, and arrived there just before 9, just after a heavy bout of rain.  Thankfully it had stopped my the time I arrived, so I got the tent up as quickly as I could, and managed to do this just before the next heavy shower started.  So now I was in my tent, dry (on the outside), with the next job being to get showered.  This can be tricky at campsites here if you're not conventionally dressed.  Still in my tent I took off my wet nappy and dressed again, still in my plastic pants.  Then it was a dash to the shower block.  Where I discovered that although the shower cubicles had doors, the changing area was communal, and there was nowhere in the shower cubicles to hang clothes.  And there's me in a clearly AB onesie, shaved from knee to chin, with a very small towel.  Well, there was nobody else in there, so I just risked it.  I was lucky: nobody else came in for a shower, so I got away with it.  A very quick shower, a very quick rub down with the towel, and dressed as quickly as possible, with heart in mouth.

Safely back in the tent I had something to eat, and quickly conked out for the night.  Dummy in mouth, cuddling Teddy.

To be continued in the next thrilling instalment...

• Like 1

...and I woke early in the morning, dummy still in my mouth, still cuddling Teddy.  It was about 5:30 so I tried to get back to sleep, and dozed for a while.  At 7 I decided it was time to get up.  The rain was pouring down on the tent, but I didn't need to leave it yet.  Jamas off, nappy off, and a quick wipe down with a very cold wet flannel - eek!  Clean nappy on - again an Overnight with two boosters.  Plastic pants back on, my bright red onesie with the animal alphabet on it, and my blue 'vanilla' shortalls, and I was ready for the day.  Breakfast in the tent, I managed to pack everything in in a gap between the showers.  By 8 I was on my way, via the campsite bins to dump my wet nappies - properly wrapped of course.

I had business to do near Glasgow in the morning, not AB-related, which is why I had no time to recharge the electric car.  By 10:30 that was dealt with, so I headed over to Edinburgh for the next AB meet.  Again I got there just before it opened.  That's not usually me - I'm usually late - but on Sunday I got it right, and queued with everyone else at the door.  This was an event I'd been to before a number of times, so I knew there'd be people there I knew.  It's a really good venue this one - they used to be in a really poky building in the city centre, but now they're in a spacious modern building on an industrial estate that works really well.  This was an AB-only event, with no nudity allowed, which was a bit of a relief for me after the pony girls and other see-through tops in Leeds. The trouble is, as soon as I see boobies I just want to latch on, and that's not generally acceptable behaviour with people you don't know.  Of course I always behave myself, like a good boy, but it can be a bit upsetting.

Well I had a good time at this event too, and I managed to be a bit more sociable this time.  Sometimes I don't really feel like talking, and I always do a lot more watching.  This time I did talk to lots of people as well, including an 18-year-old boy at his first event.  I remembered how terrified I'd been at my first AB event about 35 years ago, and we did what we could to put at his ease.  He had a good time anyway!  This time I didn't join in the games as they started while I was having an afternoon nap, but I watched them instead.  Really my little self is a bit too small to understand party games, so I'm better off just watching.

The event was due to end at 6, but I left at 5 as I had a 4-hour drive ahead of me.  I missed story time :( But at least I could drive home with my dummy in my mouth, still half in little land.  The rain on the motorway was heavy and so was the traffic, so I was glad to get home.  I put a top over my red onesie and shortalls before going inside, as I expecting out daughter would be there, and so she was.  Dinner was on the table, and as I hadn't had a proper meal for two days I was glad of that.  Food, an hour unwinding in front of the television, then shower, clean nappy and bed, with a glass of milk.  Teddy, dummy, a few pages of Terry Pratchett, and I was out like a light.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Well our younger daughter has gone back to college to do a Masters course, so it's just me and Mummy here now - and Binky of course.  So we're back to having to hide my AB side a lot less.  I thought I'd give a run-down of last night, as it was a pretty typical night for us, to try to give a flavour of how it all works out here.  Night time is baby time for me - during the day there's a lot of grown-up stuff to do as well.  At night I'm just a little.

I'll start with us sitting watching the television.  I was cuddling Teddy.  Some evenings I've got my dummy in my mouth as well, but not last night.  Ten o'clock came round at the end of the programme, and Mummy said 'Bo-bos time, come on, off to bed'.  I was sleepy so I wasn't going to make a fuss.  I kissed Mummy and took Teddy upstairs to our bedroom, and put Teddy in bed.  I dug a terry nappy and a washable soaker out of the bag under the bed and laid my overnight nappy out on the bed.  I always use a Chinese fold, so I've got this down pretty well.  I laid out a Snappi and two big safety pins next to my nappy.  I got my jamas out from under the pillow and laid them out on the pillow ready to put on.  This week it's my baby blue jamas with the big teddy on the front.  Top off, shortalls off, onesie off, and then it was off to the bathroom in just my soggy nappy and plastic pants.  I'd been in my nappy all day, so it was pretty heavy.

In the bathroom, and first thing is to brush my teeth.  As usual I started wetting my nappy while I was brushing.  After this, nappy off and into the wet nappy bag - I use a 'dry bag' for this, as used by canoeists.  My plastic pants were good for overnight, so I put them to one side to take into the bedroom.  Shower next.  Really I should have shaved, but I was too tired, so I'll do that tonight.  That'll be everything from neck down to knees, so it takes a while.  I'll shave my face at the sink tonight.  I shave once or twice a week, and I hate having to do it.  Anyway, shower over, dry off and it's back to the bedroom.

Time to put my nappy on.  I love this bit, although I'd love it even better if Mummy would change me.  I lay back on the bed and pinned my clean overnight nappy snugly round me.  Very secure, no risk of leaks, and no chance of an erection until morning - it really is a snug fit, and I'd be pointing down until the nappy comes off (btw it's still on now as I type).  Plastic pants on, jamas on, dummy in mouth, and I hopped into bed.  I lay down on my back, Teddy in my right arm, Pickle Bunny in my left arm, and Peter Rabbit in between.  I read a few pages of a Moomin book until I went to sleep.

Much later, Mummy came up to bed.  I half woke up as she got into bed, put Pickle Bunny on the floor, and took my dummy out of my mouth. (Pickle Bunny is a great big stuffed rabbit and there isn't room for all of us in bed at once.)  Then Mummy fed me a bottle of warm milk, put my dummy back in my mouth, and I went off to sleep again.

At some point I must have half woken up to wet - I don't think I've ever wet in my sleep.  Anyway I woke up in the early hours and cuddled Mummy until she rolled onto her back and raised her right arm so I could snuggle into her booby.  I suckled for probably 20 minutes as Mummy went back to sleep.  Then she rolled onto her right side, and I suckled on the other booby.  Then I snuggled my face between her boobies for another 10 minutes.  Baby heaven.

Eventually I spoke for the first time since I'd gone up to bed.  'Is it waking time Mummy?'.  Mummy checked the clock and told me it probably was. 'Can I get up Mummy?'  Mummy said yes so I kissed her and got out of bed.  I brought Teddy and my bottle downstairs, got some breakfast and decided to post this.  So I'm sitting here in a very wet overnight nappy, plastic pants, teddy jamas, a Harry Potter dressing gown and my red slippers.

...and that's pretty much how it goes every night.  I'm a lucky baby.

• Like 3