LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What about regrets after achieving irreversible incontinence?

What about regrets after achieving irreversible incontinence?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What about regrets after achieving irreversible incontinence?

• They are / would be non existent
    • They just (would) add to the fun
    • They are / would be part of the deal
    • That's why I don't aim for irreversible incontinence

What are your thoughts on the possible regrets now or when you have become  permanently incontinent? Personally that is why I don't aim for it. I am pretty sure the fun would soon be over. As a challenge I have once used a stent for several months on end and it was already boring after a few weeks. 

So for me the fun is in changing between continence and incontinence. How about you? 

18 hours ago, cathdiap said:

So for me the fun is in changing between continence and incontinence. How about you? 

For me, being in nappies 24/7 is a treatment for a generalised anxiety disorder, and brings such mental calm that nothing else (inc medication) could equal. Bedwetting and incontinence (while also enjoyed) is part of this and also validation for me to be in nappies 24/7.

I've no regrets at all except for one, that I should have done this years and years ago. Otherwise, it's been overwhelmingly positive in all respects.

• Like 3

When I started down the path of 24/7, I had a mental plan that I would pull out if any signs of incontinence occurred as I was certain I would regret such an outcome.

Roughly 3.5 years in, I’m still not incontinent during the day.  I could make it to a toilet if it was close by and I could get to it frequently enough but it wouldn’t be easy.

Nights are different.  I have however become a regular bedwetter.  It’s not every night but it’s enough to ensure that my night nappies are no longer optional.

When bedwetting first appeared, I found myself to be far calmer about it that I thought I’d be.

Sure, it was a curious alloy of negative and positive thoughts but nothing that provoked me to stop.

As a bedwetter, I now survey the prospect of daytime incontinence more through a lens of curiosity than horror.

I’ve noticed in general that the small minority that DO persist with diaper use to the point of incontinence seem to only rarely regret their choices.  I suspect that those that WOULD regret such an outcome overwhelmingly self-select themselves out of contention for such regret by coming out of diapers before symptoms emerge.

Wearing diapers 24/7 probably accelerated my control loss but I have no regrets as it was more stressful trying and failing to make it to the bathroom in time.  Would i prefer not to need to wear yes hut I ok with being diapered 24/7 as after & plus years diapers are now apart of my life and I have learned to appreciate being diapered especially when bathrooms are not readily available  

• Like 1

So I find that the people who are most successful in untraining see the inconveniences and hassles of being diaper dependent as fun challenges that validate their progress. 

For instance, going to a large crowded amusement park in the summer. There is nothing fun about being sweaty, and clammy down there, chaffed thighs, and having to carry a diaper bag with you the entire day.   But it’s what real incontinent people deal with, and I’m really incontinent, so it’s all good.  And for what it’s worth I like the challenge and feeling of accomplishment from overcoming such challenges, even if they were self inflicted. 

4 hours ago, oznl said:

Roughly 3.5 years in, I’m still not incontinent during the day.  I could make it to a toilet if it was close by and I could get to it frequently enough but it wouldn’t be easy.

The stories we tell ourselves!   @oznlI’m imaging a scenario where you and I are hanging out and you told me you’re not incontinent as long as there’s a bathroom nearby.  If we ever have the good fortune for this occur, my response would be, “That’s nice, please wear a diaper.”   

Reminds me of the quote, “I’m a great driver, and if everyone would get out of my way, I could prove it.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Love the topic and question!  Sadistically, I selected that regrets would just add to the fun.  I know this is an unpopular choice for those that don't have the choice to untrain or who say I'm just naively stumbling into a reality that I won't appreciate, but whatever, I think I'm past all of what other people "think" about my life and just dedicated to trying to live "my" life.  

I do think, however, that regrets should be rephrased to what @Enthusi calls "challenges" because I had to "challenge" myself to untrain in the same way that I will eventually have to "challenge" myself to accept whatever I can eventually no longer control.  And perhaps it is the "challenges" themselves that fuel the will to continue untraining and living as I do.  Whatever the case, I cannot imagine pausing my untraining at this point, even though I am giving myself permission to do so at the one year mark.  I think having these mile markers out there at least give the option to consider where you are at but I also realize that there may come a time when I'm unable to set such markers and will deal with the challenge of whatever goals I need to set at that point!

I was dreading this summer.  Hot days, already sensitive skin, needing to wear shorts, etc.  And yet here we are middle of the summer and it isn't as hard or bad as I thought.  Just another validation that persistence and a community of support like this go a long way to making dreams come true!  

17 hours ago, Enthusi said:

The stories we tell ourselves!   @oznlI’m imaging a scenario where you and I are hanging out and you told me you’re not incontinent as long as there’s a bathroom nearby.  If we ever have the good fortune for this occur, my response would be, “That’s nice, please wear a diaper.”   

Reminds me of the quote, “I’m a great driver, and if everyone would get out of my way, I could prove it.” 

??, yeah, I don't know really.  Limited testing has shown that I can come out of nappies during the day but I just need to pee very frequently and that's non-negotiable.  That's not incontinence though.  I'd be REALLY annoying on a road trip undiapered though.  Everyone else in the car would be begging me to get back into a nappy so that we could make some reasonable progress between stops.

I'm half curious to see if an accident occurred after a longer period out of nappies (say more than the half-day I've tried) simply because I "forgot" that I wasn't in them and "forgot" not to just wet myself.

I'm convinced that my bedwetting is something like that.  It's not driven by a need to pee and a full bladder.  It rather seems to be a persistence of a deeply ingrained habit past the veil of sleep.

Last summer when I was able to do my 3ish week 24/7 (I know not that long) I really treated myself like I was incontinent..I never held no matter where i was or what i was doing.  I encountered several challenges but they were come comforting?  They gave me a sense of validation and reinforced my diaper wearing to the point where I would not have stopped if life had not stopped me.

• Like 3

For me, being incontinent and permanently kept in diapers 24/7/365 helped treated a number of medical issues I was dealing with including stress's in my life. I encountered so many challenges being incontinent and diaper dependent but they were all comforting for me. They made sure that I was always gona be kept in a soft, thick, crinkly diaper.  Being kept in diapers, gave me a huge sense of validation and they reinforced the fact that I always belong in diapers and I will never leave them. They reminded and reinforced that I'm always gona be in diapers and i'm always gona be an adult baby.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess the challenge is nice? 

But I guess for me the stability is nicer for this kind of stuff. 

Having been in and out of diapers several times the past year, I found the time out of them sooooo much worse than the challenges I faced being in them -- emotional ones included. 

So, it has been nice to return to them and return to some kind of norm again...it lets me focus on other stuff, and that's great! That includes Little stuff, which has actually become *more* fun, surprisingly, despite how pervasive diapers have been in the fabric of my life and stuff. I've been more social, made friends and learned lots of new things, and have been finding ways to give back. And that...feels like such a more fulfilling challenge now. ❤️

• Like 1