LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

MotorCycle On SideWalk? WTF???

Hello Everyone:

Today, I went to the local Walgreens - I got into the parking lot of the Plaza, and THIS is what I saw:

Motorcycle-on-sidewalk-A.jpg

Am I seeing things?  NOPE:  Operator of what looked like a Dirtbike from about 20-30 Feet away - Lucky I am a NICE guy, and did NOT call the Police - I WOULD have, had I come back out and saw that sitting there.  I am GLAD I got around it, and didn't hurt that thing - Some people are SOOO STOOPID  - I mean, Bikes like that are FULL sized cycles, and they DO NOT Belong on the sidewalk :(

Brian

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I've done that when I've had the opportunity. It depends on location and access. If there is a dedicated motorcycle parking area in a lot I'll use it because it's reasonably safe. If there is no dedicated area and there is a wide sidewalk that I won't block and somewhere to safely drive on and off I'll use the sidewalk. If not I park out in the fringes of the lot where no one parks because everyone is too lazy to walk. I do not park on a sidewalk if it blocks handicap access to a wheelchair or walker.

The issue really comes down to people having no respect for other people's vehicles. How many people here have come out to their vehicle and found a dent or ding from some p.o.s. opening their car door and hitting your vehicle with the door. Or a scrape down the side of your vehicle from someone cutting the wheels too sharp while backing out and only looking behind.

I'm not sure the police can do anything about that bike in the picture. That parking lot and the sidewalk are privately owned. Just as the owner has the right to determine who can park there they have every right to allow that bike to park on the sidewalk. Are there signs on the building prohibiting parking on the sidewalk? If so then yes the police can ticket it. If it's not posted as prohibited then it's not prohibited.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2