LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hi all!  My first attempt at writing!  Hope you enjoy!  

Chapter 1:  Accidents Do Happen

Melissa sat in traffic, twirling her hair, looking somewhat aimlessly toward the coast as the highway traffic inched forward.  Growing up around a city, she always expected traffic, but today she seemed to have chosen her route poorly, hitting every light and somehow being behind every slow driver in southern California.  Currently, she found herself boxed in the center lane of a highway with equally frustrated drivers all around her, each likely wondering why they continued to subject themselves to long commutes.

Melissa had just finished lunch with her best friend Abby, where she had recounted in excruciating detail her breakup with her boyfriend of three years.  It was good to verbally recount the collapse of this relationship as today was the start of Spring Break, and with nowhere to go, Melissa would have had to spend the week replaying the pain in her head.  Still,  Mark’s stereotypical breakup line still stung:  “With us going away to different colleges… freedom…if it’s meant to be…neither should be tied down, blah blah blah.”  Her heart was crushed as so much of her high school identity had been with hime as a couple.  Sipping her diet coke, she began reminiscing about the three years, each interrupted by the painful awareness that they were no longer a couple.  Melissa was an emotional wreck, and now she had to go home and face the “I told you so” from her mom and sister, neither of whom had approved of Mark.  

Time slowly ticked by until the slurping sound of the last bit of diet coke stirred Melissa back to her reality of bumper to bumper traffic.  She put the drink down, feeling the slightest of alerts from her bladder that she would need to use a bathroom at some point in the near future.  With traffic at a standstill, she took up her phone and quickly responded to a number of texts and chats that had popped into her various social media accounts.  When every necessary emoji had been sent, Melissa placed her phone back down in the seat. Putting two hands on the wheel, she looked forward and began to realize that she would probably be late picking up her sister from school.

While she debated whether she should text her mom or her sister first to let them know she would be late (both of which would be incredibly angry to learn that, once again, Melissa wouldn’t be on time!), Melissa began to shift in the seat of her Toyota Corolla, trying instinctively to quiet the growing pressure in her bladder that was now stimulated and full from the diet coke she had had with lunch and the “free refill” she had just enjoyed in the car.    

Deciding it was probably best to ping her sister first, Melissa hoped that she could cajole her sister to find another ride from a friend.  That way she wouldn’t have to tell her mom that she was late again.  Unfortunately, Sarah’s immediate text response was, “WTF! Why do you always do this to me…Mom is going to be pissed!” 

Her frustration mounting along with her growing need to pee, Melissa quickly tried to voice text her Mom before Sarah could get her fired up.  

“Mom, I’m really sorry, but I’m sitting in unbelievable traffic and will be late getting Sarah…I let her know but thought I should make sure you knew too!! So sorry!”

There was a long awkward pause before she saw the three dots coming back from her mother.  “Missy…if this was the first time….”  That was all that was texted before Melissa’s phone rang with her mother’s name blinking on the screen.  Reluctantly, Melissa answered the phone only to hear her mom explode without even a cursory greeting. 

“Melissa seriously, you are being so irresponsible!  This is the fourth time this week!  I can appreciate you are in traffic, but I gave you the car trusting you could be responsible to help, and all it has caused is more stress for all of us because now I need to scramble to help your sister…..”

Her mom was going on and on, Melissa pulling the phone away as she made a face of angst listening to the same tirade about how Melissa wasn’t taking the responsibility that should come with her age and that there would be consequences, blah blah blah.  What Melissa could not ignore, however was the now constant pulsing of her bladder, and her now strong clenching that was going on to keep her bladder from exploding.  She began to realize that the next exit wasn’t for two miles and at this rate, that could be another 45 minutes of inching forward.  Squirming in her seat, she began to feel the first bit of panic about what she could do to relieve her need to pee.  She pulled into the left lane, hoping it might move slightly faster, only to find that no matter what lane she picked it always seemed to be the one that wouldn’t move forward!

Her mother’s voice rose over the worrying thoughts that were beginning to take over Melissa’s mind, “Missy!! Are you listening to me!! Do you understand what I just said?!!!!”  

Perhaps it was the desperation over her growing bladder pains that prompted Melissa’s response, or maybe it was anger of being yelled at yet again, or maybe the rawness of having been rejected by Mark, or all of the above, but Melissa took the phone in her hand and looked at is as if it was her mother herself and screamed, “YES MOM, I KNOW I’M A LOUSY DAUGHTER, BUT YOU AREN’T A GREAT MOTHER EITHER!”  

There was a rush of relief that came from the outburst before the first pang of fear and regret filled Melissa. She was the furthest thing from a yeller, but the bomb had been released and now she waited for the explosion and collateral damage that would likely follow.  Still looking at the phone, Melissa had seen the car in front of her begin inching forward and she had taken her foot slightly off the break to match the progress.  As her mother began to respond, Melissa realized she hadn’t seen the car ahead of her stop abruptly and She instantly felt the “crunch” sound of her bumper hitting the car in front of her.  

“Oh $#&@!!,” Melissa screamed at the same time her mother began a tirade of response.  Melissa momentarily and involuntarily let go of her “clenching” when she heard the devastating sound of fender on fender and a small amount of pee quickly filled her panties, seeping with ease through the flimsy material to her shorts that tightly hugged her nether regions.  Her body quickly clenched to hold everything back again, but not before a dark wet spot the size of an orange had marked her shorts.  

“Mom….I need to call you back, I just had an accident!!” Melissa shouted to her mother, not noticing the double entendre of her statement, and ignoring the fact that her mother was still in the middle of her “irresponsibility” rant.  Fear, shock, frustration, sadness, and anxiety all coursed through Melissa as she worked to restrain her bladder.  On top of that she would now have to face dealing with her first car accident.  She had been working hard to keep it together, but she suddenly felt like everything was falling apart.

• Like 5

Chapter 2:  Accident to Accident

Tammy couldn’t believe it.  Just as her little 2-year old Cammie had fallen asleep in the back seat, the crunch on her rear fender jolted her awake.  Tammy pulled over to the shoulder and saw the car behind her do the same.  If only Tammy had had more luck finding a babysitter, she wouldn’t be in this predicament of needing to grab Cammie from the daycare after her long nursing shift had ended.  She felt bad enough having to take Cammie to daycare, but after her husband’s unexpected passing, she had no choice but to manage as a single parent the best she could.  Without family in the area, it just put more stress on problem solving, and now, with her fender having been hit, there was just one more problem to solve.

After giving Cammie her binky and reassuring her everything was ok, Tammy got out of her car to survey the damage.  She glanced at the car behind her to see who she was going to deal with, only to see a very short and dainty girl behind the wheel.  The girl looked barely 13 causing Tammy to doubt that she even had a valid driver’s license.  Oh dear, she thought, I hope she actually HAS a driver’s license…that would just be one more thing to deal with!

In her nursing scrubs, Tammy reached the rear of the vehicle and saw the relatively deep dent that now marked the fender of her BMW.  While it wasn’t the end of the world, it was yet another frustration of needing to deal with insurance and repairs to add to an already stressful day.  Tammy was debating how to handle this when she heard the other driver open her car door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melissa knew she needed to get out and acknowledge the accident and exchange insurance information. She also knew there was no way to hide the wet spot on her shorts. 

So, there she sat with her legs out the door and slightly spread, but her body not letting her get up out of the car until she reconciled this conflicting tension.  It didn’t help that her bladder was still throbbing for release and she wasn’t sure what would happen if she tried to stand up.

“Oh dear, are you ok sweetie?” the voice of a woman who appeared to be in her late twenties or early thirties invaded Melissa’s thoughts, peering around the open car door down on Melissa and her wet crotch.  “Did you get hurt, honey?” she asked, trying to sound as nurturing as possible, her nurse instincts over-riding any frustration she felt at the horrible situation.

“Um…..” Melissa had again been startled, not expecting someone to come over to her.  This caused another quick burst of pee to escape her control.  She quickly tried to regain control of her bladder before the building flood had a chance to overtake her.

Nurses are trained to be observant of their patients and coupled with her intuitive ability to connect with people, Tammy instantly noticed the growing wet spot between the girl’s legs.  Almost automatically, Tammy began going through her training to try and process the possibilities.  Maybe she was just afraid and had an involuntary reaction to the accident, but then why was the wet spot growing now? Maybe she struggles with some form of mild incontinence, maybe….Tammy’s mind continued to think through possible scenarios as the girl finally closed her legs and looked up from the car seat.  Tammy saw tears beginning to well up in the girl’s eyes, as she finally opened her mouth to speak.

“I’m so sorry!” Melissa finally managed to respond almost sounding like a breakdown was coming.  “I was having this argument with my mom and I didn’t see you had stopped….” Melissa suddenly began quickly blurting everything that had just happened in the last 10 minutes to Tammy.  Melissa continued to clench down with everything she had which probably made her talk faster than normal and which also made it hard to let the “cry” she increasingly wanted to release.  

Tammy realized that this little girl, at least she certainly looked little both in size and in her emotional state, was not going to be able to process the fender incident on the shoulder of a crowded highway.  She also didn’t want to leave Cammie alone in the car for much longer, so she came around the door, crouched down to get to eye level with the girl and tried to speak as tenderly as she could.

“Hey, hey, look, it is going to be ok.  It’s no big deal, really. Don’t worry!” Tammy reached and grabbed the girl’s hand and continued, “I remember my first accident and it was really scary, but it all turned out fine, so look, it’s no big deal.  Just try and take a deep breath and slow down.”

Melissa was somehow entranced at the kind words and tone that were suddenly enveloping her.  She had never received this tenderness from her mother and it felt both foreign, awkward and soothing all at once to be getting it from a total stranger as she sat with wet panties and shorts on a crowded highway.  

“How about we do this….” Tammy began, sliding a little closer to Melissa while continuing to hold her hand, ”My apartment is at the next exit, so why don’t we get off there and we can just deal with this in my parking lot where it is a lot quieter and safer?”  Melissa found her body responding almost instinctively by nodding agreement, unfamiliar with the caring tone and encouraging words she was receiving.  

“Great!” Tammy said, “now why don’t you just let me see your license and I’ll show you mine so that we have that information in case we get separated, ok?”  Tammy really felt badly for the girl, but she also didn’t want to get taken advantage of, so they quickly exchanged information using their phones to take pictures of the ID cards.  

“OK, so try and follow me, ok?” Reaching over, Tammy turned the hazards in Melissa’s car on and continued, ”I’m going to try and get all the way over to the right lane.  Stay close and we can sort this all out once we get to my place, ok?!”

Melissa again nodded agreement and as Tammy began walking back to her car, she swung her legs back in and closed the door.  She saw Tammy take a quick picture of the fenders before returning to her car, somehow reinforcing that Melissa had no choice but to follow this woman.  

As Melissa began driving to follow Tammy, she noticed that the traffic had eased ever so slightly, but even her concentration on changing lanes and staying close to the BMW was not powerful enough to overcome the pain that now emanated from her bladder.  Melissa was almost sweating as the throbbing of pee knocked harder and harder on the door of release from her bladder.  At the same time, the cool wetness on her shorts began to send an odor that warned of a beckoning imminent release.

There comes a moment in this battle of control where the mind begins to yield.  As much as the signal to hold on continues to transmit, the other part of the body begins to scream louder that there is no physical choice but to let go otherwise the body may become hurt.  The moments of this battle are as much physical as mental.  The mind begins processing what would happen if it just let go, the body begins to give way at the same time that it tries to hold on for dear life.  One’s awareness vacillates between the inevitable that is about to happen and the hope that there is still something that can be done to prevent it.  Melissa found herself in that turbulence as she leaned forward, trying to squeeze her legs together as she hunched forward to create as much of a barricade as humanly possible.  The exit was now only a couple hundred yards away, and Melissa looked down, resting her head against the steering wheel as she tried to gather herself before the woman in front of her was able to move forward again. 

“BEEP BEEP!!!” came the noise directly behind Melissa.  The driver behind her was one of those that gets frustrated if the car in front doesn’t immediately roll forward in traffic, afraid that someone else may cut into the open space and hence delay their forward progress.  The side effect of this surprise attack, unfortunately, was the final blow to Melissa’s resistance.  This time her body again released itself as a reaction to being startled, but the bladder was not going to be denied any further, and a torrent of pee raced out of Melissa’s bladder spreading quickly through her cotton panties to the already wet jean shorts that were all to eager to soak up as much pee as they could before allowing more to escape onto the fabric of the car seat.  It was as if her mind instantly gave in to the bladder, no longer willing to fight and conceding that the damage was already done so why try to hold it back at all. 

Melissa looked up and began to inch forward in response to the honk at the same time that her body had taken over and unleashed its flood of urine into her shorts.  The only consolation was that by letting go, it allowed the cry that had been lurking beneath Melissa’s composure to also burst free, sending tears out one end while the relief of an emptying bladder left its mark on Melissa’s lower half and the car seat below.

Where only 30 minutes before Melissa was just wrestling with the pain of a break-up, she suddenly found herself sitting in a pool of pee that was now seeping into the fabric of her car seat.  A strange wet feeling between her legs left her feeling like she was sitting in a small puddle, ashamed and helpless.  How in the world was she supposed to get out of the car and go up to a total stranger whose car she had just hit with pee-soaked shorts?  She briefly thought about just bailing, but remembered that the other driver had all her information and worried about what might happen legally if she ditched.  

In all of these thoughts she suddenly found herself on the exit ramp, following the BMW, her mind becoming increasingly numb and somehow resigned to that fact that humiliation was unavoidable.  All this while her phone began ringing again, her mother naturally annoyed that she was hung up on and concerned at what she had heard about their being an accident.  Knowing that putting off her mother would only cause more harm in the long run, she answered the phone as she pulled into the apartment parking lot behind the BMW.  

“Oh my God…ok, you’re ok?  Tell me you’re ok?”  Her mother began speaking in torrents as quickly as Melissa had been able to click “accept.” 

“Um…..yeah”, was all Melissa could get out, her mind again numbing to the reality that her pee soaked shorts were about to be exposed to a stranger and that her mother was only going to be more upset at her once she found out she was physically ok.  

“What happened!  You said there was an accident?  Did someone hit you?”  Melissa’s mother asked.  Melissa sounded a little distant and her mother was beginning to get worried.  Melissa came to grips with the reality of everything long enough to explain what had happened on the freeway, except for the part about peeing her pants.  

Satisfied with that she was not physically hurt, her mother paused, Melissa sensing that frustration would be the next wave.

“Hey mom, I gotta run, we are going to exchange insurance information.  I’ll call you in a bit…” and before her mom had a chance to object, Melissa hung up the phone.  Sitting in the parking space next to the BMW, Melissa began to get increasingly anxious about the next 10 minutes of her life.  She desperately did not want to get out of the car but realized that was likely impossible.  She saw the other lady get out of the car and start walking around to her driver door again.  Melissa lowered the window, hoping this could just be a quick insurance card exchange and also hoping that by keeping the car door closed, the lady wouldn’t see her shorts. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you Mabel!  I really appreciate your help!  We are just pulling in so if you can come grab Cammie, that would be perfect!”  Tammy was blessed to have an elderly neighbor that occasionally was able to help with Cammie.  

Tammy got out of the car, got Cammie out and held her and then went around to Melissa’s car to let her know she was just going to get Cammie up to the apartment while they settled everything.  As Tammy approached the car, she saw the girl hunched forward in her seat still clutching the steering wheel.  The window of the car was rolled down and Tammy could see the remnants of tears on her cheek.

“Oh, you poor thing, I’m so sorry this is so scary for you,” Tammy began.  “Trust me, it will be ok, it’s just a ‘fender bender’ and that’s why we have insurance, so try not to worry!”  As Tammy spoke, the girl turned and let go of the wheel with her left hand.  Observantly, Tammy now had access to see the girl’s lap and the now darkened shorts she was wearing.  Along with the familiar waft of urine (from her job at the hospital and at home with a 2-year old), she put two and two together very quickly. 

“Ok now you just sit tight and I’m going to get Cammie settled, ok?  I’ll be right back! Try not to worry.”  

Melissa saw the young child in the lady’s arms and her mind flashed a fleeting thought of “I’ll bet you wish you were her right now and didn’t have to deal with life” as Cammie just looked on, calmly sucking her pacifier.  Melissa barely registered any of Tammy’s instructions, but now watched as she walked in front of the car, handing her daughter to an older woman who had appeared from the apartment complex.  There seemed to be a brief exchange between the two that prompted the older woman to look in Melissa’s direction with an empathetic expression and nod before taking the child and returning toward the apartment.  

Tammy returned to the driver side and leaned down so she could again get at eye level with the girl. “Melissa, I’m Tammy Johnson…I guess you know that from my driver’s license, but we hadn’t really had the chance to introduce ourselves.  Did you have a little accident while we were driving here?” she asked nodding downward in the direction of Melissa’s soaked shorts.  

Melissa instinctively looked down as Tammy was nodding towards her seat.  She wasn’t sure why she was looking down at her shorts, she knew exactly what had happened, but it did provide her the chance to shield her now brazen cheeks and the humiliation that prompted it.  “Um…I guess I did…” Melissa stumbled to answer, not having ever had to acknowledge wetting her pants to anyone before.  

“It’s ok sweetheart,” Tammy said, opening the car door.  “These things happen and I’m sure you didn’t want to wet your pants, right?”

“Oh of course not!” Melissa said, jumping on the chance to save some dignity.  

“I know, that traffic was bad and you were stuck with no place to go, right?” Tammy replied in her soothing tone.  

“Exactly!” Melissa shouted, showing signs of hope that someone understood exactly what had happened.

“Totally makes sense,” Tammy gave an encouraging look before making a proposal.  “Well, we can’t let you sit here in those wet shorts.  Why don’t you come up and we can get you cleaned up before we deal with the insurance and everything.”  

Melissa didn’t have time to think as Tammy opened the driver side door and gently went to take Melissa’s hand, knowing that it must be super awkward for her.  As Melissa felt Tammy gently helping her up and out of the car, she grabbed her phone and felt the cool air on her wet pants which sent chills throughout her body.  Urine ran down her leg, escaping from her shorts causing Melissa to once again blush in shame.  Tammy didn’t leave her time to dwell, holding her hand and closing the driver door behind as they walked toward the apartment.  Melissa half-walked, half-waddled as the wet shorts rubbed uncomfortably against her thighs.  As Tammy opened the door to enter, Mabel was waiting with towels, a robe, and a soothing expression.

“Oh my, my, my,” declared Mabel, “That WAS quite the accident.  Don’t worry dear, we can get you all cleaned up, it will be alright.” 

Melissa normally would have taken great offense to being talked to as if she was a little girl, but standing with pee dripping down her leg and a soaked pair of shorts didn’t put her in a position to object.  Besides, she was more taken with the empathy that was being shown than anything else. 

Mabel took the hand Tammy had been holding and began leading Tammy down the hall to the bathroom. “Now sweetheart, my granddaughter often stays with me, so I brought you some of her clothes to change into.  She is about your size, but I’m sorry if they don’t fit exactly the same.  Go ahead and change out of your clothes and rinse off in the shower if you prefer, then get dressed and we’ll go from there ok?”  Mabel patted the top of Melissa’s hand as she guided her into the bathroom before closing the door behind her.  

With the door shut, Melissa could finally take stock of her situation.  She immediately started taking off her shorts and panties and practically had to rip the fabric away from her skin.  Now half naked, she decided that there was nothing wrong with a quick rinse since she didn’t want to put any other clothes on smelling like pee and still feeling wet.  As she entered the shower,  she pulled the curtain shut and relaxed for the first time as the warm water began doing wonders to wipe away the shame of what had happened. 

When she had finished, she turned off the water and dried off with the towel Mabel had provided.  It was then that she noticed all her clothes were now gone.  Mabel must have come in and taken them.  Melissa felt a twinge of shame at the thought of a stranger handling her pee-soaked clothes, but her attention quickly shifted to looking for clothes she was to wear instead.  

She noticed a pile of folded clothes on the counter.  On top was a pink t-shirt with a picture of a teddy bear on front.  Below was a somewhat matching pink skirt that had a panty-liner built into it. “No way!” Melissa gasped.  It wasn’t a reaction to the sizes of the clothing because Melissa was as petite as petite can be.  Standing barely four feet three inches tall and with no chest to speak of, Melissa was constantly mistaken for being an elementary school student.  No, it wasn’t the size but the childishness of the outfit that she couldn’t get past.    

“Melissa, everything ok in there?”  Mabel’s grandmotherly voice broke Melissa’s growing disbelief at the situation she was now finding herself in.  

“Um…yeah, but, um…my clothes?” Melissa managed to ask meekly and with shame dripping on each word.  

“Oh, don’t worry honey, everything is being washed, we just gave you a couple things to put on until they are all dried…don’t worry, it’s just Tammy and I…Cammie just went down for her nap, so just come on out when you’re ready and we can get everything settled!   We’ll be in the living room, whenever you’re ready, ok?!”

Melissa’s mind finally worked through the reality that she had no choice as there were no other clothes to choose from and she wasn’t going to stay in the bathroom forever, so with that she dropped the towel and pulled the pink t-shirt over her head.  It ended up being more like a crop t-shirt as the shirt ended at her midriff.  Next, she grabbed the skirt and slid it up her legs, noticing that it flared out and had more of an ice skating skirt look than anything else.   Finally, she grabbed the hair tie that was left on the counter and pulled her straight auburn hair that fell to the small of her back into a ponytail before turning to look in the mirror.  

“Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous” Melissa mumbled.  There in the mirror was at best a 8-10 year old girl looking back at her.  She tried pulling the t-shirt down, but no matter what she tugged or adjusted, there was no getting around the young girl that now stood before her.  She heard voices talking out in the living room area, snapping her back to the reality that she needed to go out and get this done if she had any hope of getting back on her way home and to some normalcy. 

“You can do this,” she said to the girl in the mirror, “you just need to get through the next hour then we can be done with this.”  And with a nod of encouragement, she went and opened the bathroom door and walked out to join Tammy and Mabel.  

• Like 12

This is an interesting start. The writing is pretty clear and I'm curious to see where you go with this.

You should ask this to be moved into the main stories section though. If I hadn't seen an odd notification about a chapter 2 to something on the right of that page I would never have known this was being posted. 

• Like 1

This is going to be my new favorite story, turning notifications on for this!

Hopefully Tammy will have some huggies pullups or even pampers cruisers to drive the "regression" even further since Melissa is able to fit into children's clothing.

Regardless, looking forward to the rest of this story.

Chapter 3: Research Saves the Day

Entering the living room, Melissa saw Mabel putting some things away in the kitchen and Tammy just putting down her phone on the counter.  “Melissa, I’ll bet that feels better to be all clean and dry…” Tammy had approached her and put her hand on her back guiding her over to the sofa in the living room.

Melissa nodded, even though inside she didn’t appreciate being talked to as if it was some big accomplishment to be dry.  “Thank you for letting me use your shower…and I appreciate your washing my clothes,” Melissa added.  Before she could speak further, Mabel interjected.

“Well don’t you look just like my Cindy,” Mabel beamed, coming over to join the conversation.  Melissa sat down awkwardly on the sofa, trying to pull the short skirt down at the same time.  The couch was one of those large, deep couches, so Melissa’s feet couldn’t reach the ground and she awkwardly hung her feet over the edge while her hands tried clutched the skirt on both sides, her midriff showing as she sat back.  

“Now Melissa,” Tammy began, “I spoke with your mother on the phone.”

“You did WHAT??!? You spoke with my mother?! Wait how did you, why did you…” Melissa blurted out, her legs shifting apart as she tried to lean forward, but the couch awkwardly kept her body restrained from leaning forward.  

“Honey, try and relax…let me explain,” Tammy continued.  “While you were in the shower your phone was ringing off the hook and it said ‘Mom’ as the caller ID.  I figured she would be really worried so I answered it and explained that you were totally fine and that we were using the restroom and that we would try and work something out with the damage.”

“Wait did you tell her….” Melissa interjected, worried about explaining her bladder accident and how angry mom would be that the car would need to be cleaned. 

“No, no…” Tammy continued, knowing exactly what Melissa was worried about.  “I didn’t think that was necessary to share, and you can explain that to her later if you want.  We did exchange insurance information, though, and while I can’t imagine that the repairs would be too costly, she seemed understandably upset at the idea of processing everything through insurance.”

Tammy paused to allow her synopsis to sink in before continuing.  She thought she saw a blush of embarrassment in Melissa’s cheeks as she imagined her mom’s anger and the many hours it would likely take to come up with the money to cover the repairs. After having spoken with her mother, Tammy could imagine how Melissa would likely be dreading the upcoming confrontation about paying for the accident.  Her mother had been curt, direct and rather crude during their conversation, taking the opportunity to chide Melissa’s actions more than exercise concern of her well-being.

“How much do you think the repairs would be?” Melissa managed to ask, squirming slightly as she tried desperately to find a way to sound more her age than she looked.

“Well, that’s a good question,” Tammy acknowledged, happy to progress past Melissa’s surprise that she had conversed with her mother.  “I’m certainly not an expert in these things, but I’ve been around long enough to know it is always more than you think.  I guess maybe $1,000 or so, but we won’t know until we take it in to the shop.”  

It didn’t take Melissa long to do the math.  She had $45 in her checking account and doubted her mother would be happy to simply pay the rest.  Melissa began trying to figure out the number of hours she’d have to work to make enough to pay Tammy.  

As if reading Melissa’s mind, Tammy waited a moment before continuing.  

“Now I’m sure no one just has an extra $1,000 sitting around, but I think we may have come up with an alternative plan.  I shared it with your mother and she said it would be up to you to decide.  Hopefully, you can see how my plan would be a win-win for both of us!  Would you like to hear it?”  

Melissa, though still in shock that this woman whom she had just met, somehow had already had a conversation with her mother and some plan that involved her going forward.  She lowered her head, again seeing the ridiculous outfit she had on and figured the faster they could get through all this the sooner she could get out of here. 

“Wait, my mom wasn’t like totally angry or furious?” Melissa asked.

“Well, let’s say she definitely seemed very annoyed, but she did think my offer made sense.  Do you want to hear it?” Tammy responded.

“Um, ok..” Melissa was now curious what had been brokered without her but hoped whatever it was would let her get home quickly and not be in trouble with her mom!

“Sweetie, here’s the punchline,” Tammy leaned forward in her chair, hands on her knees looking over to Melissa who truly did look like an elementary school girl.  Tammy’s voice had that tone of talking to a child rather than to someone that was about to finish high school, but Melissa was in no position to offer such criticism.  

“I think I have a way for you to work off the money it will take to fix my car.”

“Work $1000 off?” Melissa’s head tilted slightly to the side taking on the appearance of a 10-year old girl who looked as if she was trying to make sense of the “big” words being used.

Tammy spoke a little slower, taking a page from her nursing book to try and help patients understand what was happening.

“Yes, honey,” Tammy continued knowing this would be a delicate conversation.  “You see Melissa, as a single mom and nurse, you can imagine it’s hard to be both the mom and provider for my family.”  

Melissa instantly thought of her mom and how she had also struggled as a single parent to provide for herself and her sister.  Melissa listened with a new ear as Tammy continued.

Tammy nodded her head towards the older woman in the room, “Mabel is wonderful and is able to help out some with Cammie, but, well, while she is getting older and there are times when Cammie can be a handful.”

“So you want me to babysit for you?” Melissa interjected, seeing the obvious writing on the wall.  She was able to do simple math…assuming $10/hour she would need 100 hours cover the possible $1,000 in damage.  Before she could figure out how many weeks or months 100 hours would take, Tammy pressed on with the trickier part of the deal.

“In a way, yes…I’d like you to babysit,” Tammy glanced up at the ceiling trying to find just the right words as she had with Melissa’s mother to explain the nuance.  

“You see, Melissa, as a nurse at a research hospital, and one with a lot of recognition in its pediatric department, I’m constantly aware of numerous research studies that my colleagues are conducting to improve our care.   There is a study that is currently running that I’d love Cammie to be able to participate in because it is trying to measure the positive influence of behavioral modeling on children.  The research doesn’t involve any medications, but pays $5,000 over just 4 weeks.”

Tammy paused, as she had with Melissa’s mother, letting the amount of money sink in before needing to share more of the details.

“Yikes, that’s a lot of money,” Melissa blurted.  “What do you need to do to get the money?” Melissa instinctively asked. 

Tammy didn’t hesitate to continue.  “Well, the study actually focuses on 1-3 year old children and my daughter qualifies to participate.  However, to be accepted in the program you have to also have an older sibling or another “volunteer” who is able to understand how to model various behaviors in a controlled environment.  The study wants to find how much positive correlation exists between the modeled behavior and the child’s adoption of this behavior.”  As Tammy finished she was worried she had gotten too technical too soon.

Role Model? Melissa hung on those words.  At the moment, Melissa didn’t really feel like a great role model as she sat in juvenile clothing after having crashed her car and wet her pants. Her eyes glazed over and drifted to the floor trying to make sense of what Tammy was suggestion.

“You see,” Tammy gently continued, trying to summarize the goal of the research as simply as possible, “the study is trying to measure how much younger children’s behavior is influenced by someone who is modeling a behavior.   They are hoping to show that the presence of someone who can model a specific behavior can help the younger child more quickly learn and put that behavior into practice.”  Tammy sat back, taking a drink as she saw Melissa trying to process the idea of being a role model for a 2-year old.

Mabel had gotten up to get everyone a glass of water, handing a glass to Melissa as Tammy finished explaining her proposal.  Melissa took the drink and realized the crying and stress had left her parched, gulping about half the glass as her mind tried to quickly organize her thoughts. 

“So what exactly would I have to do?” Melissa asked.

Tammy was excited that there was at least some level of interest because this would potentially open the door for getting some much needed money, while qualifying Cammie for some of the more advanced research that paid even more.  

“Great question,” Tammy beamed.  “First of all, Mabel would do most of the work.  You see, you essentially would take on the role of Cammie’s playmate.  It is true that you’d have to probably do things that, well, to be honest are very childlike, but we all know you would just be playing a part to see if Cammie responds to your behavior.  I’m sure there are more details that I’d need to get, but that’s really all it is.”   

“Sweetie, this could be a godsend for both of us,” now it was Mabel chiming in to help with the convincing.  “You see I absolutely adore children, but these little ones have so much energy and I am afraid that I might not be able to always keep up with Cammie, especially as she is getting older, bigger and more mobile.  So just having you around to help play with her, keep her occupied, maybe help lift her up and down from time to time would let me continue to be able to help this amazing family.  I’m also a very good cook, dear, so of course you’d need to test some of my hazel-nut chocolate chip cookies from time to time!” 

Cookies!  Melissa had a sweet tooth and a soft-spot for anything chocolate.  Her mind almost leapt to saying yes at the mention of cookies, but Melissa realized the silliness of this reaction and asked a couple more questions before going that far.

“What exactly do you mean “play” with Cammie?  What does she play with?” Melissa asked.

“Oh, that’s easy, she enjoys dolls and stuffed animals every now and then.  She does enjoy her blocks and even started playing with those oversize legos recently.  Probably most of the same things you played with when you were a little girl,” Mabel answered with a smile.  She brought a plate of her cookies over and offered one to Melissa as she again took her seat.

Melissa’s mind had flashbacks to the dollhouse she had played with growing up and all the fun she had had imagining different scenarios and characters.  As she took a bite of the cookie, her mind instantly went to how amazingly yummy it tasted.  A soft “mmmm” accidentally escaping from her mouth as she practically inhaled the cookie. 

“Mabel really is an amazing baker,” Tammy added on, hoping the cookie would help ‘seal the deal’.  As Melissa took another big drink of her water, Tammy couldn’t help but think how young Melissa looked just now.  For having a driver’s license which also indicated she was 18, she didn’t look anywhere near that age.  And as she held the glass to her lips with cookie crumbs all over her t-shirt, there was no doubt Melissa could just as easily have gone to a 2nd  grade class the next day without anyone blinking an eye.  

“Look I know this is more than just babysitting, and the $5,000 is way more than is probably needed for the repairs, but I thought a high school senior could probably use more money, so here’s what I was thinking.  How about we use the first $1,000 to cover the repairs, then we split the rest.  That would give you $2,000 and would really help us out as well.”  Tammy thought it was time to wrap this up as she again leaned forward, drawing closer to Melissa and hoping that she could have some positive way to end this stressful day.  “I mean I’m sure you could go get a job and work this all off a different way, but, if you think about it, just playing with Cammie and getting waited on by Mabel is probably better than a mall job!”  Tammie paused then closed with, “What do you think Melissa?”

There was a palpable weight in the room as everyone now waited for Melissa to respond.  Melissa hated retail and didn’t really have another job lined up.  That itself could take months to find before she could even begin working off the repairs.

“And my mom is ok with this?” Melissa asked, her mind just inches from agreeing to this arrangement, especially if it helped her stay out of trouble with her own mother.  

“Oh absolutely,” Tammy quickly answered, “Of course if you’d like to talk to her, you could…”

“Oh no, that’s ok, I know she is already upset with me, so I just didn’t  want to make things any worse…” Melissa was now struggling to find a reason to say “no”, but still wasn’t 100% comfortable with everything.  “Could we try it out for a bit and see how it works?  Four weeks is a long time…”

Tammy could sense Melissa was close but was hanging on with a natural fear of the unknown that was very healthy.  “That sounds like a wise approach,” Tammy agreed, looking to remove the last obstacle in their path.  “How about we give it the weekend and then see how it goes from there?  I can get some of the details from the research program and we can incorporate some of those over the weekend so we all know what it would look like before we formally enter the research. How does that sound?”  

Melissa felt massive relief at a “trial” period and was about to agree when she realized that if she ended the weekend and said “no” she’d have to find another way to make the money to pay for the damage.  A small voice in her head said “cross that bridge when you get there.”

“That sounds like a good idea,” Melissa had found herself silently nodding as Tammy had been talking.  “OK, I’ll give it a try.” 

“Fantastic!” Tammy slapped her thigh and stood up and extended her arms toward Melissa both excited and inviting Melissa to hug her.  “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” she finally reached down and took Melissa’s hands, helping her out of the deep couch, and pulled her to her feet before giving her a huge hug.  Tammy, just shy of six feet tall, towered over Melissa, who was already quite short for her age, and Melissa struggled to reach up and return the hug around Tammy’s waist as her hands would more naturally have gone around Tammy’s bottom.  Melissa felt it both incredibly awkward and strangely comforting to be hugged so tightly by Tammy.  She couldn’t remember the last big hug her mom had given her and she felt paralyzed in the weirdness of a stranger’s hug and the warmness of genuine affection.  Mabel was also beaming and had already returned from refilling everyone’s waters when the “hugfest” finally ended. 

“Ok, that’s a much better end to the day!” Tammy’s large smile and warm eyes now looked squarely at Melissa as she pulled herself away, leaving her arms on Melissa’s shoulders.  “I do need to go run some errands that I didn’t get to because of our little fender bender, so how about you help Mabel get Cammie up, get to know her and help with dinner?  I shouldn’t be but a couple of hours.  When I get back, I can get online and look at the research program details and email the coordinator to see how we can best use the weekend, ok?”

Before letting Melissa even answer, Tammy, now in full “mom” mode continued, “Oh, I almost forgot, your car! It’s kind of well, wet…I went ahead and called a service company that is coming shortly to help with that.  Should we just add that to our “tab” so you don’t have to deal with that later?”  Tammy was beginning to see that Melissa’s relationship with her mother was strained at best and anything that could help Melissa keep the peace with her mother would probably work in her favor. 

“Um, yes, but you didn’t need to do that…” Melissa instinctively replied, realizing that there may be a way to avoid having to share her “accident” with her mother.  

“Oh no worries,” Tammy responded, handing her back her glass of water, “I figured it might help smooth things over whenever you next see your mom!”  And with a gentle rub of Melissa’s shoulder, Tammy smiled, thinking this could be a true win for everyone.

“Thank you!” Melissa replied, again finding some solace in the fact that she may not have to share one of her accidents with her mother after all.

Tammy grabbed her keys and purse and headed for the door.  “Mabel, thank you so much for your help!! I got the list you sent me for food we need, and I’ll also try and grab those “other items” your requested.” Mabel had been wearing protective underwear and adult briefs for a long time given her age and leakage issues.  Tammy was able to help get those at a major discount for Mabel.  All of this, of course, was lost on Melissa who just sat slightly paralyzed at what exactly she was to do next.  

“Sounds good,” Mabel replied as the door opened and closed.  “Come on sweetie, let’s go introduce you to sweet Cammie!”

• Like 10
20 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

If it sounds too good to be true... 

That being said, I'm waiting in anticipation for her quick descent here to being a terrible role model for the daughter! 

Hope I don't disappoint!  I tend to "build slowly", or at least that's how this story is going! :)  

• Like 1

Chapter 4:  Lightning Strikes Twice

Walking down the hall, Melissa felt the swish of the skirt and the t-shirt teasing her midriff as they made their way to Cammie’s room.  They passed the only bathroom in the apartment where Melissa had showered just minutes earlier and quietly entered Cammie’s room. Cammie was petite even for two and was still asleep in her crib.  She lay clutching a blanket in one hand, her binky half in half out of her mouth as she slept without a worry in the world.  Mabel went quietly to the crib and gently reached in to softly wake her up.  

“One of the things you can do to help once we get her up, Missy, is to lift her out of the crib for me,” Mabel whispered as they came upon the sleeping Cammie.  Melissa was surprised Mabel had called her Missy…that was what her mother had called her when she was Cammie’s age.  While she would normally tell others to please call her Melissa, she didn’t want to hurt Mabel’s feelings and let it go.  Cammie stirred, her diaper crinkling as she rolled over and stretched her arms up over her head.  Melissa instantly thought how cute and innocent she looked, bringing a warm smile and a little peace to an otherwise crazy afternoon.  Her mind again flashed a fleeting thought of how great it would be to have no worries and just let someone else care for you. 

Cammie’s eyes opened and smiled when she saw Mabel, then turned to see Melissa standing next to her. Melissa smiled and waved back, barely able to reach over the crib.  What surprised Melissa was the ‘cooing’ noise she instinctively made towards Cammie.  She hadn’t really ever babysat before and yet here she was on her tip toes, making faces and goofy sounds to try and help Cammie feel comfortable with her presence.  

Cammie stood up and Melissa grabbed her under the arms and lifted her over the edge of the crib.  Cammie kept the binky in her mouth, probably for comfort, and barely cleared the railing as Melissa labored to get her up and over to the changing table.  Melissa could see that the indicator on Cammie’s diaper indicated it was full and she watched as Mabel expertly laid Cammie on her back, removed the diaper, prepared some wipes and baby power, and tucked the new diaper under Cammie’s little bottom.  Within seconds, Cammie was taped up good as new and ready to play.  She put her hands up, knowing it was time to get down.  Melissa knew this was her cue and lowered Cammie down to the floor again. 

“Ok, well you two have fun playing, I’m going to start on her dinner.  I’ll bring you two some snacks in a few, ok?!”  Cammie stood still as Mabel left the room, gently closing the door behind her, then she turned to look up at Melissa not sure what to do next,  Melissa decided to break the ice and she sat down on the floor next to a pile of blocks.  She spread her legs out and began putting blocks on top of each other, hoping this would help Cammie feel comfortable to come and join.

Melissa was relieved when Cammie smiled and toddled over towards Melissa and plopped down on her padded bottom to join in the stacking.  The two began making random stacks of blocks and then Cammie would get brave and knock one of Melissa’s piles down.  Melissa would put her hands on her hips and tilt her head smiling in wonderment at Cammie, which only inspired the 2-year old to knock the next one down.

Mabel quietly returned with a couple drinks, peering in the door to see how they were doing before entering.  There was Melissa, her legs splayed, ponytail and short t-shirt playing famously with Cammie.  The sight was music to Mabel’s ears as it meant her job just got a whole lot easier.  She brought a sippy cup to Cammie and a kid’s cup complete with two handles, a lid and straw for Melissa.

“Um…what’s this?” Melissa asked wondering about why her glass from earlier had been replaced with a kid’s cup.  

“Oh I’m sorry love, Tammy is very particular about the floors in here, and, well, as you can see with the blocks, Cammie has a knack for knocking things over!  This way we don’t have to worry if the little one acts up!  Plus, Cammie can see how ‘big girls’ drink, so maybe she will want to be like you!”  Mabel calmly replied. 

By making the focus about Cammie, Mabel succeeded in making Melissa feel more at ease and willing to play along, taking a big slurp from the drink and making a point to hold the two handles.  Melissa was surprised to find that her drink was Cranberry juice, but didn’t want to spill or make a scene with Cammie intently watching Melissa drink out of her kid’s cup.  

Mabel excused herself to go get dinner ready and Melissa and Cammie resumed their playing.  They went from dolls back to blocks, back to dolls to stuffed animals.  Melissa was surprised how easily her mind was able to focus on playing and didn’t notice the time flying by.  Her bladder occasionally gave indications that she would need to pee soon, but Melissa would push the feelings aside, becoming more and more engrossed in the characters her stuffed penguin and turtle needed to play.  

Finally, her bladder began screaming for relief and Melissa had to get up and use the restroom.  Cammie started to cry as Melissa made for the door, so Melissa returned and did her best to push the urge down and comfort Cammie, once again resuming her role as narrator for the stuffed animals.  Ten minutes later, however, Melissa was getting ready to burst.  She did not want a replay of earlier, so she took Cammie’s hand and headed out in the hall toward the bathroom, hoping to have Mabel watch Cammie while she went to the bathroom.

Once in the hall, she saw that the bathroom door was closed.  She tried turning the handle but it was locked.  Fear shot through Melissa’s body, knowing that she hadn’t left herself much leeway since she assumed the bathroom was immediately accessible.  

“Mabel, are you in there?” she asked with as much calm and restraint in her voice as she could muster. 

“Oh yes, Missy…I do apologize!  Things take a little longer when you get to my age…I’ll be out in a minute.”  

“Ok, thank you!” Melissa answered, now crossing her legs in front as she leaned against the wall waiting for Mabel.  Again the familiar pulsing rose from her bladder, sending waves of pressure between her legs.  Melissa bit her lower lip, looked up to the ceiling and began thrusting her bottom back and forth against the wall to try and help reduce the growing pressure.  

Cammie just stood next to Melissa, looking up in bewilderment wondering why her newest playmate was suddenly disengaged.  She started tugging on Melissa’s hand to pull her back to the playroom, “Pay toys” Cammie said, urging her partner to come play with her.  

“Just a second Cammie,” Melissa responded wanting to soothe Cammie, but also to let Mabel know they were still waiting for the bathroom.  “Missy needs to go potty, then we can play,” Melissa said bending down to Cammie’s level.  She knew instantly that squatting down was a mistake as the motion increased pressure on her bladder and released a small amount of pee into the liner underneath her skirt.  Her mind became a little panicked, more at the fact she had wet her pants for the second time in one afternoon than at the fact she had just referred to herself as Missy in a baby-talk kind of way.  Her resolve to not repeat what had happened earlier was still strong, but her body was increasingly giving her brain indications that it couldn’t hold on for much longer. 

“Almost done sweetie,” Mabel encouraged from the bathroom, but Melissa wasn’t sure that almost would be soon enough.  With Melissa’s legs crossed as tightly as possible, she began squeezing her thighs together, again offering a final defense to the flood that was building inside. 

And then lightning struck.  Cammie began to cry, and not just a whimper but a wail.  Melissa quickly bent over to try and pick Cammie up to quiet the child, not wanting to fail at her babysitting job.  The apartment door suddenly burst open.

“I’m home!” Tammy announcied her return, further startling Melissa.  

Once again, the shock of all the instant commotion triggered Melissa to momentarily relax her clenching, and her bladder did not wait for the invitation to send pee racing for freedom. 

As pee began pouring into Melissa’s thin panty liner, Mabel suddenly opened the bathroom door, further causing Melissa to jump and allowing more pee to escape uncontrollably into Melissa’s thin panty liner.  Tammy converged on the hallway to find Melissa now holding Cammie who was smiling towards her mother as a pool of pee began to gather on the floor between Melissa’s legs.  

Tammy took Cammie, before seeing the flood pooling below.  Mabel instantly realized something was wrong, simultaneously seeing the tears well up in Melissa’s eyes and the pee stream down between and her legs.  Melissa felt like she was about to pass out and slid her back along the wall, crumpling to the floor practically sitting in her own pool of pee.  

Tammy’s nursing instincts immediately took over, placing Cammie in the playpen in the living room and quickly turning to Melissa who was now crying on the floor.  Mabel had already returned with a towel and had dropped it on the pool of pee, trying to contain the spread.  

“Oh Missy, sweetie, it will be ok” Mabel offered, feeling bad that she had possibly contributed to this accident. 

“Oh my, it’s ok honey,” Tammy said, grabbing Melissa’s hand for the second time today.  “These things happen, it was just an accident,” Tammy offered, even though she began to wonder if this poor girl actually did have a bladder problem, having witnessed her pee her pants twice in a matter of hours.

Melissa had gone numb.  Her mind was flooded with anxiety.  How was it she had peed her pants twice in one day?  Why did this have to happen in front of two strangers and a two-year-old?  What must they be thinking about her?  She couldn’t even be a “role model” for a two-year old…how in the world would she pay her mom back?  How could she deal with her mom’s anger knowing she messed this opportunity up on the first day?  She couldn’t process any of it and so she sat in a bundle, nearly oblivious to the hand raising her up and the soothing words being offered to console her.   

• Like 9

Sorry everyone...made a rookie move and copy pasted wrong...an entire chapter was missed in between 4 and what I had posted for 5.  Edited below and I put a dotted line halfway through.  Everything above is new from the previous post.  My apologies!

Chapter 5 (Corrected):  Nighty Night  

Missy’s hands were covering her eyes, as she felt a towel being wrapped around her waist.  An arm found its way around her shoulder, gently pulling her from the safety of the wall and encouraging her to take several steps forward.  She felt the now familiar feel of the bathroom floor under her feet and stood with her hands still over her eyes, the cool wetness in her crotch and running down her legs.  Intermittent sobs were drowned out as the water in the shower began to run.

“Missy, you are having a tough, tough day.” Tammy offered, picking up on how Mabel had referred to Melissa and assuming it was her preference to be called Missy.   Tammy had started the shower, not letting her hand off Melissa’s shoulder to let her know she was still there.  “Do you want to talk about it?  I’m sure you didn’t mean to wet your pants again.”

While the weight of the word “again” caused Melissa’s heart to sag, the offer to explain the situation and to gain some dignity back encouraged Melissa to share her story of how she had been playing with Cammie, had not wanted to leave her, so she played until she just finally had to go to the bathroom, only to find it locked because Mabel was using it.  She knew she had waited too long to go potty, and then everything happened at once and she was startled and had accidently let go, and of course had not wanted to do this.  

“Please, please don’t “fire” me Ms. Johnson, I’m so, so sorry!  Really, I don’t ever do this, I don’t wet my pants, I’m….I’m…I’m so sorry!”  Melissa again let tears flow with her hands over her face, too afraid of whatever Tammy was about to share.

Tammy couldn’t believe how young Melissa sounded, acting and now looking more like a seven year old or younger.  Yet, she completely understood what had happened and knew it would be important to soothe Melissa if she was to keep things on track.  In the back of her mind, she thought all this may even help Missy take on some of the “childlike” activities that were needed for the study.  She hadn’t been able to help looking at the research website and realized that some of the behaviors the study required may seem like “too much” to Missy.

“Missy, dear,” Tammy began, “I believe you.  It truly was just an accident.  The fact that you had two of them today is remarkably coincidental, but it really isn’t a problem! Now let’s get you cleaned up and we can sit down to dinner and everyone can just relax, ok?”

Melissa felt so much better hearing Tammy’s comforting tone and knowing that she was siding with her in how much of a freak accident all this really was.  Her mom would never have been so supportive or forgiving, so it again drew Melissa closer to Tammy, who although a stranger but 5 hours earlier, had suddenly become a voice of comfort and encouragement at Melissa’s worst moments.

“Thank you, Ms. Johnson,” Melissa squealed, leaning forward to give her a hug only realizing that she couldn’t quite reach all the way around Ms. Johnson.  Ms. Johnson leaned down and over, putting her arms around Melissa and giving her an encouraging hug.  “We are on the same team here, ok?!  But I will have to ask you to stop with the Ms. Johnson thing, ok?  Makes me sound way too old!”

“Yes, ma’am,” Melissa replied, surprised at her automatic subservient response.  The new lease on life again inspired Melissa and as the door to the bathroom closed, Melissa began wiggling out of the soaked skirt and removed the pink top, once again entering the shower to get cleaned up.  

This time when she emerged from the warmth and comfort of the shower, she found a new outfit waiting for her on the counter, the soaked skirt and shirt nowhere to be found.  On top was a light purple t-shirt with sparkly stars all over the front.  Below that was a white pleated skirt.  While she was again disgusted at the childishness of the outfit, she knew there was nothing to be done and she had no room to complain after all the kindness Mabel and Tammy had shown her.  She pulled the t-shirt over her head, again realizing it cut at her midriff like the last shirt.  

As she went to grab the skirt, something fell out from inside the skirt down to the floor.  At first, she thought it was underwear, but reaching down to grab it, she noticed the purple tint and patterns of stars along with ruffled lining around the leg openings.  Picking it up, the fabric instantly connected with her brain that she was holding a pullup.  Her first thought was that Mabel must have had this for her grand-daughter and accidentally brought it in with the outfit.  Then, however, she noticed the sticky note on the back of the pullup.  It read:

I know you don’t “need” this, but we don’t have any underwear and it may help build a connection with Cammie.  Don’t worry, we all know you don’t need pull-ups!  

Although Missy’s first reaction had been abject horror at seeing the pullup, the note had helped at least put something in perspective.  Her mind took solace in the fact that everyone knew she did not “need” these.  And of course there was no underwear as hers was somewhere in the wash.  Still, her mind was not simply giving in to the idea of wearing a pull-up, even if it was better than nothing.  

“Everything ok, Missy?” Tammy’s voice jolted her somewhat and left her somewhat at a loss of words. 

“Um…..” was all Melissa could muster as she continued to hold and look at the pull-up.

“Ok if I come in for a second, honey?” Tammy began slowly opening the door before Missy could even respond, certain that Missy would be reacting to the pull-up that Mabel had suggested and left for her to use.

“Oh, um sure, yeah I guess,” Melissa quickly wrapped the towel around her lower half as Tammy entered the room.  

Tammy saw Missy start blushing as she stood there with her cute purple t-shirt and towel wrapped around holding the pullup in her hand.

“Missy, you’ve had an incredibly stressful day.  I can’t imagine how overwhelmed you must feel.  I mean a car accident is traumatic enough, let alone all the other stuff going on with your mom and, well, with your body.  You don’t need to worry, we know you are a big girl, and that this day has been a total fluke.”

Tammy was desperately trying to make the pullup seem like no big deal, letting her words penetrate Missy’s doubts before adding, “And practically, we don’t really have another solution.  This may come as a shock, but I don’t stock teenage underwear in the house!”  Tammy offered, her warm eyes and beaming smiling trying to make light of the situation.

“Um…I really don’t think it’s necessary,” Melissa tried half-heartedly to resist.

“Oh I totally agree Missy,” Tammy interjected.  “It isn’t necessary at all.  You can still use the bathroom whenever you need! You didn’t think we meant you had to use the pullup did you?”  Tammy tried again to placate Missy’s doubts and move forward.  She thought it would be too early to share some of the things the research program may require, but wanted to do her best to plant any seeds she could that would make it easier later.

“I guess I see your point,” Missy offered.  Tammy thought that was as close to a “yes” as she was going to get, so she moved forward.

Tammy quickly half opened the door and started to leave, only turning before she did so to offer her final encouragement.  “Ok, great, then we’ll wait to eat until you join us at the table, ok?  Don’t be long, Mabel has something really special whipped up!”

As the door closed, Melissa was left alone again to look at the pull-up.  She couldn’t believe she was about to put this on, but her mind began replaying all the things that Tammy had laid out and before she realized it, her foot was stepping through the opening.  As she shimmied the pullup up her legs and over her private parts, the softness of the fabric hugged her close.  There was a slight crinkle as she wrapped her hands under the band and pulled up the back snug over her bottom.  Standing with her cropped tee shirt and pull-up, the mirror now revealed a 5-7 year old at best.  Melissa just froze.  She couldn’t believe what she saw before her.  And yet, somehow, she had reconciled that this made sense for the moment.  Turning to see the fit from the side, her body betrayed her mental resistance to seeing such a young girl in the mirror, as the soft comfort of the pullup seemingly triggered a pleasure response that brought a sense of tranquility to her spirit. 

She next grabbed the skirt and pulled it up over the pullup.  The skirt was even shorter than the last one she had worn and the bottom of the pullup just barely showed as she stood up on her toes to see how she looked. 

“Missy dear, please hurry! The food is getting cold!” Mabel’s sweet call prompted her to open the bathroom and turn to go down the hall.  With every step she felt the pullup gently moving beneath the swish of her skirt, her mind entranced with the new sensations she was experiencing as she walked to the table. 

She heard Tammy ending a phone call as they sat down to dinner.  Cammie was in a booster seat directly across from Missy.  Mabel and Tammy sat across from each other.  Missy noticed that her chair sat particularly low, and she found herself uncomfortably reaching for the napkin that was next to her plate.  

“That was your mother, Missy” Tammy offered.  

Fear instantly enveloped Missy again.  “I gave her the good news that you were willing to try everything out for the weekend.  She said she would drop some clothes off tonight before heading to her night shift and would come by again after her shift to see how everything was going.” Leaning over to talk more softly to Missy, Tammy continued, “She seemed very glad you were taking responsibility.  I don’t think we’ll need to mention any of the other “accidents”, just so you know!”

Smiling at Missy as she spoke, it took Missy a couple seconds to realize that Tammy had just covered for her so that she wouldn’t have to tell her mom about wetting her pants TWICE.  Missy’s face lit up like a little girl who was just handed a double dip ice cream cone!

“Thank you so much….Ms. I mean um…Tammy! I really appreciate your help!  That means so much to me because, well, you know…”.  Missy felt weird addressing her as “Tammy” because she never addressed adults by their first name, let alone ones that had seen her at the most vulnerable state of wetting herself.

“Yes, I do…and I want you not to worry about it anymore ok?!” Tammy encouraged.  

Mabel had been finishing in the kitchen and returned with the food, instantly noticing Missy’s “reach” issue, and excused herself only to return from her apartment minutes later with another booster seat.  “I’m so sorry Missy,” Mabel offered, “we have the same problem with Cindy when she comes.  Tammy doesn’t have another chair that is normal height so we need to use this with Cindy so she can join us big girls at the table!”

Without even waiting for an answer, Mabel started to slide the booster on the chair, scooting Missy out so that she could fasten it to the back of the chair.  Missy slid out and looked half stunned at the matter-of-factness that Mabel was moving.  Here she was, 18 years old and this woman thought she was going to sit in a booster seat? 

Tammy ignored what was happening with hopes it would convey that this was a simple foregone conclusion and not a big deal.  She started passing food and putting some on Cammie’s plate.  Mabel sat back down and began to scoop the homemade mac-n-cheese onto her plate. 

“Well go ahead, dear, take a seat…can’t eat standing up now can we?”  Mabel smiled and took it upon herself to scoop some apple sauce and mac-n-cheese onto Missy’s plate as well.  Seeing Cammie grab some mac-n-cheese with her hands and smear it over her face and in her mouth at the same time, Missy caught the smell of the mac-n-cheese that made her mouth start to water.  She suddenly realized she was famished, her body took over, guiding her into the booster as her eyes turned toward the plate of food before her.  She lifted herself up onto the booster, her feet barely touching the ground.  As she began looking at her food, she felt the chair suddenly scoot forward, turning her head to see Tammy pushing her chair closer to the table. 

“There we go,” Tammy smiled as her knee finished pushing Missy’s chair in.  “I’ll bet you are super hungry!”  Tammy walked over to the counter and brought over drinks for everyone.  She had a sippy cup of milk for Cammie and a second for Missy that she put next to her plate.  “Thank you so much for helping with Cammie,” Tammy said, “Of course I know you don’t need these, but it helps for Cammie to see someone modeling everything and you are so kind to help that way!”  

Missy looked at the sippy cup as mac-n-cheese filled her mouth, a piece missing and rolling down her chin and into her lap.  “Oopsie!” Missy chirped, glancing at Cammie, and hoping she didn’t see her “role model” making a mess.  Did she really just say “oopsie”, her mind questioned? Her taste buds let that question go unanswered as she found herself giving a “mmmmm” out loud.  The mac-n-cheese was the best she had ever had.  Just the right amount of cheese and bread crumbs crumbled on top.  She went to scoop some of the apple sauce that was on her plate and as she brought it to her mouth, a dollop fell off the spoon onto her skirt again.   Before she could reach for her napkin to clean it up, Mabel had swooped in with her own to clean up the mess.  

“Now, now, slow down honey, we don’t want to feed the floor now do we?” Mabel spoke in a tone that would have been reserved for Cammie, but how was Missy to criticize when she was spilling more than Cammie?  Mabel whispered to Missy as she finished “Sorry dear, just trying to help Cammie, I know you didn’t mean to spill!”

“I sorry,” Missy spoke with mac-n-cheese in her mouth so it sounded all muffled.  Next, her mind sent the signal to try to say “it’s so good!” but the words sounding more like “tss o goot” as she spoke through another mouthful.  Missy’s feet began swinging under the chair as her body welcomed the nourishment after such a stressful day.  It wasn’t long until her body was asking for a drink.  Missy looked at the sippy cup, glanced at Mabel and Tammy who were enjoying their food, and sensing no one cared, so she concluded why should she? Missy grabbed the sippy cup and brought it up to her lips.  On the way up, she clipped her plate, causing the sippy cup to crash down to the floor. 

Tammy began to chuckle to make light of everything as the cup spun harmlessly on the floor. “Well, if that isn’t just par for the day!  Don’t worry Missy…good thing we had the sippy cup, right?!” Leaning over she picked the cup up off the floor, put one hand on Missy’s shoulder and brought the cup up level with Missy’s mouth.  Missy was again five shades of red, embarrassed that she had dropped the cup and even more embarrassed that Tammy was handing it to her in a way that looked like she was going to hold it while she drank!  Missy quickly grabbed the cup with both of her hands and put it into her mouth, taking a big drink to keep some control of what was happening. 

“There you go sweetie!  Good job!”  Mabel encouraged, turning her attention to Cammie whose face had become a portrait of applesauce, mac-n-cheese, and milk.  Missy wasn’t sure if Mabel had been talking to her, but instantly rationalized that she must have been talking to Cammie.  

Missy was taking in everything that was going on around her and didn’t even notice that she had finished the entire sippy cup, hearing the little slurp come from the mouthpiece as she took in the last drops.  

“All gone…” said Cammie pointing at Missy’s empty cup, smiling that she was able to put all that together.

“That’s right, Cammie dear, Missy’s Sippy is all gone!”  And turning to Missy she quickly jibed, “Get it Missy Sippy?!”  Missy smiled, her mind taking a moment to catch up to the “mom” humor that had been offered.  

“All right time to get you cleaned up!” Mabel interrupted, unsnapping the booster belt for Cammie, and helping her to the floor.  “Let’s go get you cleaned and dressed for night nights!” She chimed leading her down the hall, “And you too, Missy!”  Mabel waved as she walked by on the way to Cammie’s room.

Tammy had gotten up and, as Missy was watching Mabel and Cammie, she felt her chair being pulled out. Missy slid out of the chair, again feeling the pullup snug against her bottom as her feet landed on the floor. Her first couple of steps resembled more of a waddle as she made her way down the hall.  Mabel didn’t mean for me to come get cleaned and dressed too, did she? Missy’s mind was processing Mabel’s last statement.  No, she concluded, she must have meant to come watch and help so she would know what to do the next time.  

Entering Cammie’s room, Missy came over to the changing table where Mabel was once again showing her expertise in changing a diaper.  Cammie once again had found her binky and was just as relaxed as could be.  Mabel then slipped a pink onesie over the diaper and in less than a minute, had Cammie cleaned and ready for bed.  

“Missy, be a dear and help her down ok?  I’ll be right back with some milk, honey.” she said, winking at Missy and exiting to return to the kitchen.  

Missy again sat down on the ground and quickly became engrossed in the game of stacking and knocking down blocks that seemed to captivate Cammie even more now that she had a full tummy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mabel returned to the kitchen and found Tammy engrossed with something on her laptop screen.  “Let me guess, you’re looking at the research program guidelines?” Mabel smiled, knowing all too well how seriously Tammy was taking this opportunity.  

Tammy smiled, but kept her eyes glued to the screen.  After a moment she glanced down the hall to make sure they were “alone” and quietly answered, “Mabel, this could be an amazing opportunity for everyone.  There are three tiers to the research.  Did you know that tier 3 pays $90,000?!  I could set up a college fund for Cammie before she’s even out of diapers!” 

Mabel smiled, knowing how much Tammy cared for her daughter and all the responsibility she was having to take on a single mother.  “That’s nice dear,” Mabel offered, “but we don’t even know if we can get through the weekend, let alone if Missy will agree to keep going! That girl could just be in shock after everything that has happened.  She may wake up and just bug out in the morning! Poor thing!  Lots of stress for her today…” Mabel spoke as she got the milk out for the girls.

“As usual, you’re right, Mabel, but based on the conversations I’ve had with her mom, I suspect Missy has stress every day at home.  Maybe I should grab something that will help Missy relax and you can have her take it with the milk.  Just one second.”  Being a nurse had its perks and with the stress of her job, she had been prescribed some sleep meds that helped her get a good rest on those nights where it was particularly hard to unwind from the day.  Taking one of the pills from her purse, she handed it to Mabel.  

“I guess we can just put the extra twin mattress in Cammie’s room and she can sleep there?  I’ll go get that out from under my bed while you take the milk in.”  

And with that Mabel returned to Cammie’s room where she once again found Missy sitting on the floor, legs splayed with a huge tower in front of her and Cammie cooing with joy as she knocked the tower down.  Taking the scene in from the doorway, she saw Missy get up on all fours to recollect all the blocks that had fallen.  Seeing her pullup padded bottom, all Mabel could help but think this poor girl must be in some state of shock because she seemed to have fallen so easily into the role of childlike playmate.

“Ok girls,” Mabel said as she entered, “here’s our milk!” She handed the first sippy cup to Cammie who grabbed it, plopped on her bottom and began sucking in the milk.  Missy finding herself in an awkward position on all fours, took that moment to sit back on her bottom, trying unsuccessfully to hide her pullup from view.

“And here you go Missy,” Mabel said handing Missy her sippy cup as well.  “Now be a dear and take this with it,” Mabel said handing Missy the pill Tammy had given her.  “Tammy, in her nursing wisdom, thought this would help you relax and take some of the edge off of this crazy day, sweetie.”  Instinctively, Mabel patted Missy’s head after handing her the pill.  Missy’s mind acknowledged Tammy was a nurse and didn’t give the pill a second thought, placing it in her mouth and bringing the sippy cup up for a large enough sip to get the pill down.  

The warm milk surprised Missy and tasted incredibly sweet and delicious.  As she drank, she wondered how much of a mirror she was looking into, seeing Cammie drinking and knowing that she was doing the same thing, the only real difference was she had a pullup on where Cammie had a thick nighttime diaper.  Her mind thought now would be a good time to be a role model, almost as a way to remind herself that she wasn’t really a little girl.  

“Good job Cammie!! Look at you drink your milk like a big girl!!” Missy encouraged, the other half of her mind chirping that it didn’t exactly feel like Missy was being a big girl at all.

“Missy, would you help lift Cammie into her crib please?” Mabel asked.  Excited to be able to do something “her age”, Missy leapt up and lifted Cammie up from behind, carrying her over to the crib and lifting her over the rail.  Missy being so short meant she was barely able to get her over the edge.  Once safely inside, though, Cammie happily grabbed her little blanket and binkie and curled up on the mattress, comfortable with the bedtime routine.  Mabel turned on the crib mobile and on came the familiar lullaby sounds as the little angels that were attached to it started to move.  Missy took in the scene…the peace and comfort that Cammie showed as she just lay quietly in a warm blanket.  Missy didn’t recognize the feeling of envy that was forming deep within, but she did unknowingly become entranced by the mobile’s soothing music, not even noticing Mabel moving to turn the lights down behind her.  

Missy began feeling very sleepy as well.  She didn’t realize it was the medicine that was beginning to take effect, but as she kept looking at Cammie calmly enjoying her binky and the mobile slowly moving around, she began to feel her eyes get heavier and heavier.  She found herself holding on more tightly to the railing, her legs wanting desperately to sit down.  

Unbeknownst to her, Tammy had quietly brought in the extra mattress and gently placed it on the opposite end of the room.  She had put a plastic sheet on the bed, figuring it would be good to do without any discussion with Missy, and brought some blankets in along with a couple pillows she used when guests stayed over.  Minutes passed and Missy grew more and more sleepy.  She was fighting to keep her eyes open when her body whispered to her that she should sit down.  Sliding her hands down the crib’s side rails, she gently lowered herself to the ground, finding her legs sitting somewhat criss-cross, she continued to look at the mobile and listen to the soft lullaby music.  

Tammy watched as Missy finally lay down on the carpet, having sat on the ground for 3-4 minutes before her mind drifted to the point of sleep and encouraged her to lay down.  “Poor thing,” Tammy whispered to herself, knowing that the medicine would have Missy in a deep sleep which is exactly what she needed after such a traumatic afternoon.  

Tammy, a triathlete, had no problem lifting Missy, and guessed she must have weighed about 80 pounds or so.  She carried her over to the mattress, gently lowering her head onto the pillow.  She decided to take off her skirt, leaving Missy with her pullup and t-shirt.  Covering her with a blanket, she returned to check on Cammie.  

She loved her daughter.  In spite of her husband’s tragic death nights after Cammie’s birth (a victim to gang violence while serving as a police officer), Tammy felt blessed to have such a gift, seeing her husband in her daughter and promising to honor his life through her daughter.  As Missy had just done before her, Tammy watched Cammie gently rest, sucking calmly on her pacifier.  Tammy kissed her fingers and passed the kiss to Cammie’s cheek.  She turned and saw Missy in a similar state of bliss… 

”I wonder,” Tammy thought…but maybe it’s too soon?  Tammy’s mind vacillated between taking more initiative in line with the research guidelines and not wanting to push things too far too fast. 

She went over to Cammie’s changing table and found a clean binky in the basket next to the diapers below the changing pad.  She returned to Missy and placed it at the entrance to her mouth.  Pushing gently forward, Tammy wondered if Missy might enjoy the same relaxation Cammie was experiencing.  Missy’s mouth initially responded with confusion, but after several seconds, it was as if a recognition triggered, allowing the binky to enter.  Within seconds, her lips closed around it and Tammy noticed the all too familiar sucking motion.  She smiled, truly hoping that Missy would be able to get some rest and shed her anxiety from the day. 

Edited by DLJeff52
Forgot to copy an entire chapter!
  • Like 16

Hi everyone.  Made a stupid rookie move and omitted an entire chapter by accident!  Above you will find a revised Chapter 5 that hopefully helps connect everything better!  Sorry for the mistake!  It is worth the "re-read" as there is a lot of development in the section I forgot to copy and paste originally!  Again, my apologies!

• Thanks 1

You will want to re-read Chapter 5 with my edits (aka an entire missing chapter) that I added before posting this new chapter.  Sorry for the confusion! #Rookie

Chapter 6:  "Whoops, I did it again...

An early riser, Tammy woke up and went to check on the girls.  It was only 530am and she didn’t have to be at work until 12pm.  She knew Cammie would be up around 6am or so and thought she might get a quick run before she woke up.  Mabel was always up around this time so she texted to let her know she’d be going on a jog and would leave Missy a note in case they woke up while she was out.

Tiptoeing into the room, Tammy saw both girls still deep in sleep.  Cammie was clutching her blanket, but Missy had tossed hers off during the night.  She lay on her tummy with her pullup fully exposed.  Walking over, Tammy was surprised to see that Missy’s pullup was soaked full.  From the odor, it was only pee, but still Tammy had not been expecting that.  

She thought to herself, “I knew that sleep medication would help her sleep deeply, but that’s a surprise.”  She decided to cover Missy with the blanket then tip-toed back out to the kitchen, all the while thinking that as strange as it was, all this could help get Missy’s buy-in in the long run.  Again, she texted Mabel and asked if she had any more of Cindy’s pullups.  

“Uh oh,” Mabel texted back.  “We didn’t have another accident did we?  I only have three more, and will bring them right over.”  

Mabel quietly entered the apartment and found Tammy in the kitchen.  “I’m beginning to think our little Missy may have a bigger problem?” Mabel pried, trying to get the nurse’s opinion.

“I’m sure it is just a product of the stress and medication I gave her, but who knows, maybe this will help make it easier for her to go along with the research?” Tammy pondered.  She took the pullups from Mabel, finished her note and provided some instructions in case Mabel had to come over before she returned from her run.  

Next, she took the pullups and put two in the cabinet under the sink and put the third one, along with the note, on the floor next to Missy’s mattress.  Seeing that Missy’s binky had fallen out, she went over and retrieved it from the mattress and again lightly placed it on her lips, which readily opened and now willingly received the binky.  Quietly going down the hallway, Tammy felt so good at being able to help Missy and at the prospect of finally being able to enter the research program for Cammie.  

Tammy truly hoped Missy would agree to the research and began thinking about what “little” steps she might be able to take today that would help encourage her toward that decision.  Mabel would do anything for her, but she also realized that having another set of hands around Cammie would only help as both Mabel and Cammie aged.  Sure, Missy was clearly processing some things and the wetting was an interesting yet convenient turn of events, but she was 18 and Mabel was just across the way…this could work out beautifully, Tammy thought, beginning her morning run with extra gusto.  
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 6am 

“Missy…Missy…” her name echoed through her brain, vaguely aware that someone was calling her.  Missy rolled onto her back and stretched her legs and arms in opposite directions, her eyes now fluttering open. Her first awareness was of a strange object in her mouth.  Instinctively, she spit it out onto the blanket in front of her.  On her lap, she now saw a pink binky with butterflies on the backing.  Her mind next struggled with two competing thoughts: how had that gotten into her mouth and where in the world was she?  There is often a strange feeling when you wake up in a different place for the first time.  Putting the binky question aside, Missy turned toward the voice she heard calling her name.  Cammie was standing up in her crib, calling Missy’s name and pointing to her.  

Next came a cascade of remembrances.  The car accident, other accidents and everything that followed came rushing back into Missy’s conscience, her eyes blinking the tiredness away.  As she gathered her legs together, the last surprise for the morning was the slight crinkling she heard between her legs.  

Not just crinkling but a warmish, mushy feeling that was pronounced as she pulled her knees up to her chest.  With nothing covering it, the pullup and all its fullness stared back at Missy.  She reached to touch it and felt it softly compress as she pushed down on it.  At that moment, the realization that she had wet her pullup during the night came rushing to her awareness.  Her heart jumped and her face turned red.  The last thing she had remembered was sitting by Cammie’s crib and now here she was, just wearing a soaked pullup and the same cut-off t-shirt from earlier.  

Naturally, she wanted to take the pullup off as quickly as possible, so she scanned the room hoping to find her clothes or anything to put on.  Next to her bed on the far side, she saw a piece of paper and another pullup.  Reaching for the note, she again felt the wet pullup against her skin, thankful that at least the only audience at this point was a two-year old who seemed all but too happy to see her.  Picking up the note, she began to read…

Morning sleepy!  I hope you got a great rest!  Try and relax!  The sleep aid you took last night helped you sleep deeply, which is good! You needed the rest!  Don’t worry about wetting your pullup, I’m sure it was just the deep sleep.  Not a big deal at all.  Don’t even think twice about it.  I just went for a quick run and will be back shortly, Mabel is next door if you need anything, but if you wouldn’t mind getting Cammie up and changing her diaper before I get back that would be great.  If it isn’t too much trouble, you could also get her some milk.  Help yourself to some as well!  I’ll fix us all a breakfast when I get back.  I must go into work for a 12pm shift, so we can talk about the rest of the weekend before I leave!”

Missy’s mind instantly found relief in the idea that if Tammy wasn’t worried about the fact that Missy had wet her pullup, then she didn’t need to either.  That relief, however, didn’t change the sudden realization that both she and Cammie needed a diaper change.  Her mind defensively corrected her that hers wasn’t a diaper, just a pullup, as if that would make it seem less childish.  In the end, it did offer enough rationalization to excuse the fact that an 18 year old had now wet herself for the third time in just 20 hours.  

Somewhat selfishly, she thought she would take care of herself first.  Seeing no other alternative, Missy grabbed the pullup that had been left with the note and got out of bed.  She noticed Cammie entertaining herself by playing with her toes and snuck out to the bathroom to try and find her clothes.  

The wet pullup was beginning to sag as she walked and she had to hold it up from falling, which besides looking very awkward, was annoying as well.  Reaching the bathroom, she began looking around for her “big girl” clothes from the other day.  She found nothing except two additional pullups under the sink.  Desperate, she searched for the laundry, finding a closet in the hall that housed the washer/drying.  Looking in both, she didn’t find what she was looking for.  She briefly considered going into Tammy’s room, but something inside her said that would be crossing a major line, so instead she returned to the bathroom.  

The mirror was not kind to her.  A sagging, clearly soaked pullup with her short t-shirt and ponytail screamed 5 year old at best.  Not wanting to confront the shame she felt, she decided that at the very least she needed to remove the pullup before it removed itself.  Slipping out of the pullup, she decided a quick rinse would make her feel better.  

After a quick shower, she dried off and once again found herself staring at the new pull-up and “Cindy’s” t-shirt that she had slept in.  Just then she heard Cammie begin to cry, and not wanting Mable to hear, she quickly put on the new pullup, threw the t-shirt from last night on and ran to the bedroom.  Cammie had her binky in her mouth and arms over the siderails.  Missy lifted Cammie up and carried her over to the changing table.  Unfortunately, the odor quickly revealed why Cammie had started crying.  Missy had never changed “that” kind of diaper before and wasn’t sure she could do it. 

Taking a deep breath and desperately wanting to show Tammy and Mabel that she was mature, she lay Cammie down as she had seen Mabel do it and began releasing the tabs.  A couple minutes and nearly 25 wipes later, the old diaper and its remnants had been removed and Cammie’s bottom cleaned.  As she lifted Cammie’s legs to put the new diaper underneath, however, the unexpected happened.  Cammie began to pee.  

“Ahh!” screamed Tammy, surprised at the release just inches from her face.  In that moment, Missy’s body also screamed, her bladder releasing a burst of pee into her new pullup.  Missy didn’t even notice it happening, though, because she was too focused on reacting to the sprinkler that was “watering” the changing matt, Missy’s shirt, and everything else in a 2 foot radius.  

Finally, Missy flipped up the front part of the diaper, essentially ending the sprinkling effect.  And after a couple seconds, Missy removed the now wet diaper, wiped Cammie down and applied yet another diaper, all without further incident.  Picking Cammie up, Missy put her on her hip and started for the kitchen to retrieve Cammie’s milk.  She saw that Tammy had left two sippy cups open on the counter, and after pouring milk in each, she secured the tops and made their way back to the nursery.  Cammie drank as she bounced on Missy’s hip, and Missy held the other sippy cup in her hand, now almost oblivious to the fact that she was walking down a hall in nothing but a pullup and 10 year old’s t-shirt.  

Once they got back to the room, Missy put Cammie on the ground and she wobbled over to the pile of stuffed animals on the floor.  Missy joined her, sitting down with her back against the wall, her legs somewhat splayed and Cammie bringing her stuffed animal after stuffed animal.  Missy happily took a drink from her cup of milk, briefly acknowledging that while she never really drank milk regularly, it seemed to suddenly have become a recurring and welcome ritual.  

When Cammie was done bringing all the animals over to Missy, she stood and looked at Missy.  Putting her milk down, she crawled over to the mattress where Missy had been sleeping and grabbed the binky that was still on the blanket where Missy had spit it out.  Missy watched all this only paying half attention as she worked on sipping her milk without any leaks getting on her chin or shirt, only to turn and see Cammie having returned, binky in hand and pointing it toward’s Missy’s mouth.  

Missy raised a hand to take the Binky, “Oh, thank you Cammie…thank you!” Missy said, taking the binky in her hand and bringing Cammie to sit on her thigh.  Cammie was not satisfied, she started to whine a little, stood back up, went to take the Binky out of Missy’s hand and pushed it awkwardly at Missy’s mouth.  Not wanting to upset Cammie any further, Missy allowed the Binky to be placed in her mouth, and only then did Cammie take her seat on Missy’s thigh and begin playing with the pile of stuffed animals.  

Missy felt tired, but more calm than when the morning had started.  It helped that her only companion was incapable of realizing the humiliation and embarrassment that Missy was feeling given the “condition” she was in, but at the same time, Missy was exhausted from thinking about everything that had happened, so she gladly just sat for a moment and let Cammie entertain her. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:30am, Saturday

Tammy had returned to the apartment after her run and entered as quietly as she could, unsure if the girls would be awake.  Not hearing anything, she quietly walked down the hall and stealthily peered into the girls’ room.  There against the sidewall, Missy sat with her legs splayed out with a pile of stuffed animals in front of her.  Cammie was trying to hand them to her one at a time.  It took a second, but then Tammy saw Missy with the binky in her mouth and a somewhat distant look in Missy’s eyes.  She had to pull her head back from view with fear her surprise would have led her to make a sound.  

Tammy’s first thought was that Missy must just be messing around and playing with Cammie, so she took a second peak.  Not only did she see the binky resting in Missy’s mouth as she took the stuffed animals Cammie gave her, but noticed the suckling of Missy’s mouth as it seemed to draw against the binky and relax in rhythm. 

Secretly excited and shocked at how Missy had seemed to embrace all the initiatives she had taken, Tammy thought it best not to confront the girls with Missy in that condition, so she proceeded to go to the kitchen and start making breakfast, assuming that the noise would eventually alert the girls to her return.  It didn’t take long for the smell of bacon to waft down the hall and Cammie to crawl-waddle toward the door and go look for her mother.

As Cammie half walked, half wobbled down the hallway, Missy realized she should follow to show Tammy that she was a responsible role model / babysitter.  She had almost walked out into the hall with the binky still in her mouth, but caught herself and tossed the binky over onto the mattress.  Hurrying to catch up with Cammie, she realized halfway down the hall that all she was wearing was a pullup and t-shirt, but she couldn’t do anything about that, she had to show Tammy she was on top of the situation with Cammie if she had any chance to work herself out of this mess.

By the time Missy had reached the kitchen, Tammy had scooped up Cammie and was alternating between showering her with kisses and lifting her up in the air as if she was Simba on the Lion King.  Missy smiled as she came up to the kitchen island, uncomfortable with her purple starred pullups, but happy that she had shown Tammy that she could take care of Cammie successfully.

“Well good morning sleepy heads,” Tammy said taking Cammie on her hip and turning to face Missy!  “I hope you had a great sleep!  You must have been exhausted from everything!”  As Tammy spoke, she was able to see the “wet indicator” on the front of Missy’s pullup.  It had changed from the “dry” yellow to the “blue” wet in the lower front portion of the pullup.  “Oh dear, Missy, I would have thought you would have changed out of that wet pullup from last night…that must be very uncomfortable honey!”  Tammy said in a tone that suggested the fact that Missy being wet at all was not unexpected.

Missy froze, her heart skipped a beat, and when her eyes saw the same wet indicator that Tammy had seen, she was only able to half babble, “But I did….Wait, but I did change my pullup.”  Missy repeated, struggling to understand why the pullup was wet.  

“Oh, ok,” Tammy looked with a slight bewilderment on her face, “Well looks like we might need another change shortly, then!” Tammy did her best to be as matter-of-fact as she could.  In her head she immediately was thinking that either Missy was still suffering the effects of shock or that maybe Missy had more of an incontinence problem than had been shared to this point.  If in fact, Missy had changed, and if she hadn’t realized that her pullup was wet, then this suggested that there was more going on than just yesterday’s “accidents”.  

Missy still stood mystified as she looked down at the pullup that suggested she was wet.  Her hand wanted to instinctively check to see if the pullup was wet, but her conscious told her that would not be good to do in front of Tammy and Cammie.  “Um…I don’t get it…I changed my pullup this morning and put this on about 45 minutes ago…I don’t know why it would be wet?!” came a sentence that Missy thought she would never say in her life. 

“Well, it’s a good thing you had that on, then, because otherwise it would have made a mess!”  Well, no worries, let’s grab some breakfast and then we can talk about the rest of the day.”  Tammy had a way of making the shocking accident seem like absolutely no big deal at all.  This helped Missy not panic, but her mind was still spinning as it tried to make sense of what was suddenly happening to her body physically.  

• Like 10

Either the accident had more of a physical effect than you would expect, or her body really poorly reacted to that medicine...? I hope you do explain that as it's kind of jumping the shark otherwise? I do like the story and am curious about the research experiment though!

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

Either the accident had more of a physical effect than you would expect, or her body really poorly reacted to that medicine...? I hope you do explain that as it's kind of jumping the shark otherwise? I do like the story and am curious about the research experiment though!

@BabySofia  Thanks for the comment!  I know you are a pro writer here, so appreciate your taking the time to invest in thought lines!  I do have something but it may not be as robust as I would have liked...live and learn I guess!  Thanks and keep them coming!

3 hours ago, BabySofia said:

In my mind the daytime incontinence was a combination of situational stressors and just overall stress and the nighttime incontinence by the medication. This issue, for me, is more plausible than just happening to hit a caregiver who just happens to have this extremely well paying research study available that she happens to know about.

Of course, this is coming from someone who was riding a bicycle and was hit by a car. It just so happens that a nurse in one car and a doctor with their med student in another car both stopped to help. Then someone else just happened to have a towel so they could use it as traction to put my dislocated shoulder back in its socket before the ambulance even arrived. Stranger coincidences have happened.

• Thanks 1

Chapter 7: A Revelation

A fresh breakfast being placed on the table invited Missy to park this mental exercise once again as she joined Cammie at the table.  She scarfed down some delicious bacon and eggs (over easy), making a mess on her face and practically ruining her t-shirt in the process.  While she didn’t even give the sippy cup a second thought, Missy drained yet another cup of milk.  As she ate, she gave thought to asking about her own clothes, since it seemed there had been plenty of time to have washed and dried them.  

Little did Missy realize how defining a moment this would be for her…she was on the cusp of asking, but something kept her from opening her mouth.  She couldn’t understand why she stayed silent, maybe she just felt too awkward to ask for them as she sat in the pullup and baby tee shirt she was wearing.  Hunger took over and Missy found her mind shift back to the simple task of eating her food. 

Tammy, still very perplexed at Missy’s apparent struggle to stay “dry”, was trying to use her nursing experience to think everything through.  It could be stress, but that would be so unusual for stress to create such a rapid and significant change.  Maybe Missy had had these issues for a while and had just not let anyone know about them?  As the girls ate, she wiped down the kitchen counter and almost knocked over the medication that she had had Mabel give to Missy.  

Tammy’s heart skipped a beat…could it be the Librium?  Without showing panic to the girls, she quickly went over, flipped up her laptop and entered Librium & Incontinence into Google Search.  Up came a Harvard Medical School report on drugs that are linked to incontinence in men and women.  There, in a row of medications used for reducing anxiety and facilitating sleep was listed Valium, Librium and Ativan.  The synopsis showed a list of the potential side effects from taking the medicine which included:

Frequency incontinence, stress incontinence, lack of concern or desire to use the toilet”

Tammy froze.  Could she have brought this on to Missy?  Not wanting to show panic, her mind accelerated in replaying the events.  Missy had wet herself several times before taking the medicine…and of course those could easily have just been attributable to not being able to have access to a toilet.  But now, after taking the medicine, could it be that she was compounding things by having an adverse reaction?  

Her mental gymnastics were interrupted when she heard a cup hit the kitchen floor and, in her peripheral vision, saw Missy lurching dangerously forward in her seat.  “Oh, Missy, sit in your chair, honey, I’ll get it!” Tammy said as she placed Missy’s sippy cup on the table and slid a buttered piece toast over in front of her.  

As the girls continued eating their breakfast, Tammy began processing this new information about the medicine.  On the one hand, Tammy was becoming increasingly convinced that getting Missy to join the research program was more and more in the realm of possibility, but above all else she really wanted Missy to be the one making the decision.  She, of course, never wanted to do anything that would hurt her or anyone else, and so now she felt horrible at the fact that she might have contributed to the poor girl’s distress with a reaction to medication.  Should she tell her?  

Then again, the fact that this 18-year-old was sitting with a wet pullup on and eating breakfast as a messy 4-5-year old; the fact that she had seemed more than willing to take the pacifier; and the fact that some of the her bladder problems had been before taking the medicine made her think that there had to be other factors in play.  So maybe saying something would only do more harm than good?  After all she couldn’t be sure if it was the medicine.

Missy really seemed to respond to nurturing, and it was clear from the few conversations she had had with Missy’s mom that nurturing was not the norm in her nuclear family.  That pointed to the idea that what they were seeing on the surface with Missy was only the tip of the ice burg, so to speak.  As breakfast ended, Mabel entered, momentarily breaking Tammy’s train of thought.   She had a small bag on her arm, smiling with a warmth that prompted Missy to smile back.  Tammy had texted her while she was making breakfast, updating her on Missy’s wet pullup and apparent affinity for pacifiers.    

“Good morning, everyone!  Hope we had a good sleep!  Time for a new day!”  She walked over and kissed the top of Cammie’s head, then came over and did the same to Missy.  Missy blushed, not knowing exactly why, other than it felt slightly embarrassing to get the same treatment as the 2-year-old.  

“Oh, I see we all enjoyed our breakfast!” she exclaimed putting her bag on the counter and grabbing a paper towel before wetting it and going over to wipe off Missy’s egg-yoked face.  Missy raised her hand in objection, squinting her eyes shut and turning her head away from Mabel, but Mabel expertly used her other hand to reach around and gently hold Missy’s head as she swooped in for the wipe.  

“There…now that’s much better!  I’m guessing those eggs must have been delicious!”  She went over and repeated the process for Cammie who welcomed the cleaning as part of a morning ritual.  

“Ok dear,” she said turning back to Missy, “Why don’t you take this and go get changed in the bathroom. Looks like you could use a pullup change while you’re there,” she encouraged, looking down at the wet indicator as she spoke.  Missy’s body froze again in humiliation at being reminded she was wet and hadn’t even remembered peeing her pullup.  Taking the bag, she was all too glad to excuse herself to the bathroom to change. 

“Why don’t you take the kids on a walk, Mabel, and I’ll clean up and get ready for work” Tammy suggested.

“That sounds like a great idea,” Mabel nodded in agreement.   

Entering the bathroom, Missy realized her first pullup was still lying on the bathroom floor from when she had had to run out earlier to help Cammie.  She grabbed it off the floor with the tip of her fingers and dropped it in the garbage. Next, she slid the second pullup down her legs and placed it in the garbage as well.  Removing the dirty tee shirt, she ran the shower and got herself cleaned up.  After toweling off, she looked inside the bag, half hoping to find her own clothes, half hoping it was something else.

There was another white tee shirt on top that she just put on without hesitation.  It was a simple white tee shirt, and as it again cut off in her mid-section, Missy realized that Cindy must be even shorter that she was if these were to fit her.  Next, she pulled out a strapped yellow sundress.  Pulling it over her head, she shook her hips until it settled to her mid-thigh.  Turning once again to look in the bag, she peered longingly to see if there was any underwear.   She gave one of those stares that defies logic:  your eyes don’t see what you’re looking for, but somehow your mind suggests you keep looking as if that might magically make the desired object appear!  Seeing nothing, another part of her mind reminded her of the two remaining pullups under the sink.  Before she could stop herself, she had opened the cabinet and grabbed one of the remaining pullups.  She held it up and stared at it, her facial expression quietly asking the questions her mind peppered her with:

Was she really getting “used” to putting on a pullup?

Why did she feel so comfortable around Tammy and Mabel whom she had just met?

Why wasn’t she more desperate to get her clothes and just leave?

Why were Tammy and Mabel being so nice to her?

Her bladder wasn’t all of a sudden having the same issues as when….

Missy lost her breath and froze, but her mind went into blackout mode, not allowing the last remembrance to complete its thought, instead her brain sent an immediate signal to put the pullup on, simultaneously rationalizing that there once again was no alternative.  In a sense on autopilot, Missy slid her legs through the pullup holes and pulled it up with ease, shuffling her hips to have it snuggly fit around her bottom.  Her mind was in DefCon 1, forcing instructions to remain in the present, commanding her body to twist her hips to allow the sun dress to settle over her pullup while smoothing it out with her hands.  ‘Look’ her mind commanded…see how the dress just barely covers your pullup padded bottom.

Looking in the mirror revealed something new, as well.  There was a younger girl, but she seemed to be more at peace than the last time she had seen her.  Yes, it was childish to be dressed as she was with pigtails and to only have a pullup on where normally a panties and bra would have been her under garments.  Yet, she saw in the eyes of this girl and hope and desire to find comfort and peace that perhaps she had been lacking….Time stood still as she took in the young girl in the mirror, Mabel’s voice finally breaking her trance.

“Let’s go, honey, time for our walk!”  Mabel wrapped on the door before she walked back down the hall toward the front door.  Missy obediently followed, nervous about going on a walk, but at least comforted to have “bigger” girl clothes on.  

“Let’s get your shoes on sweetie,” Mabel said, pointing to the flats that lay by the door.  At last, something of hers!  She gladly put the flats on and, before there was much of a chance to ask questions about the walk, Missy followed Cammie and Mabel out the door.  Mabel soon had Cammie buckled into the stroller at the bottom of the stairs and they were off.  The apartment complex bordered a large park which is exactly where Mabel began steering the stroller with Missy close in tow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hi, Ms. Overton thanks for taking the call…” Tammy spoke while she looked through the bag of clothing that Missy’s mother had left by her door on her way to work the night shift.  She thought it might be a good idea to connect with her before Mary’s visit, feeling the need to level set with her as to Missy’s recent behavior.

“Please, call me Mary…” Missy’s mother had answered. 

“Oh, ok…well, Mary…I hope your shift wasn’t too brutal last night?!”

“Could have been worse,” Mary replied wanting to cut to the chase, “Did you get the bag I left for Melissa last night?”

“Yes, I did!  Thank you so much!  I got them and everything is great.”  Tammy was psyching herself up to broach the next part of the conversation as much as she was trying to keep everything sounding copasetic with Mary!  “Melissa is fine, and she is being a huge help with Cammie,” Tammy continued.  “I’m hopeful she wants to continue after the weekend, but either way, you have an amazing daughter.”

“That’s awfully nice of you to say considering she ran into your car yesterday!” Mary chuckled, her deeper and gruffier voice a product of years of smoking.

Tammy again sensed a bitterness behind each of Mary’s exchanges but pressed on.  “Well, that is true, but we all make mistakes, and she is rebounding nicely!  She is really taking on the role of being a playmate for Cammie and jumping right into the part!”  Tammy offered, trying desperately to find a bridge to prepare Mary for just how extremely this truth was unfolding.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that she is finally doing something right,” Mary offered, again the chiding tone lacking an ounce of compassion or nurturing.

“She definitely is…” Tammy paused, knowing she had to cut to the chase, “but there is one thing…”

“I knew it, what happened now?!” Mary interjected as if she had prognosticated that Melissa would ultimately mess this up as well.  

“Oh Mary, it isn’t anything bad or wrong.  Let me just say that as a nurse, I consider what I’m about to share as not surprising, but as a mother it may sound worse than I believe it is.”  

“Worse than what is?”  Mary’s impatience even started to rattle Tammy.

“You see, Melissa has had several, well, accidents and I wasn’t sure if that had ever happened before, but, again, the stress she has been under could easily explain it all.”

“Wait, accidents?  What do you mean…have there been other car accidents?”  Mary had long left the world of diapers and small children, so accidents did not immediately register the same meaning they now held with Tammy and Melissa for that matter.

“Oh no, not car accidents, heavens no.  I mean…the other accidents… you know, bladder accidents.   Melissa has wet herself several times, and well, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it or see if there might be any other medical issues at play?” 

An awkward silence floated over the phone line for what felt like minutes but was only seconds.

“You mean…”

“Yes, I mean…yes, well look, she’s peed her pants at least twice in the last day.”  Tammy went on to explain the incidents that had occurred after the accident.  She spoke quickly, not wanting to give Mary a chance to interrupt, and tried to mention wearing pullups in passing as if to make it no big deal.  “Unfortunately, not only did she have a wet pullup when she woke up this morning, but then wet another one shortly thereafter and didn’t even remember wetting it.  I’m sorry and I know this must be really difficult and strange to hear, especially from someone you haven’t met, but please know I just want to help and thought the best thing was to make sure you knew right away.”

“I see…” Mary was lost in thought.  She honestly felt like she might just crumble.  It had been so hard since the divorce.  Between working nights and trying to raise the girls, it had taken an emotional toll on her for sure.  “I’m so sorry that has happened,” Mary began, “you see Melissa didn’t really finish potty training until she was 7.  Then, my husband and I divorced when she was 8, and she immediately regressed and began having issues on and off through 8th grade.  I learned later that when Missy was 9 she walked in on my ex and his new wife having sex, and the counselors and doctors concluded it was likely trauma-induced.  We tried everything, but when she got to high school she started dating and, miraculously, the bladder issues stopped.  The doctor’s said that somehow that relationship may have helped mitigate underlying stressors but warned it may not mean she was ‘cured’ but only time would tell.”   

Tammy could feel the weight of an exasperated mother, not wanting to revisit an issue she probably felt somewhat responsible for, given the divorce seems to have been a trigger.  “Mary, I’m so sorry.  I can imagine the frustration this news must be bringing you, please know I only mention it because I’d want someone to do the same for me with Cammie.”  

For the first time, Mary’s tone became softer.  “I very much appreciate your sharing and your concern…” Mary rarely seemed at a loss for words, but she struggled to know what else to say.  Her mind was already future tripping to another season of incontinence with Missy, feeling powerless and lacking a plan that could fix the problem.

Tammy was also unsure of where to go next in the conversation, but offered, “I’m a single mom as well, so I can appreciate how hard it is to balance life while also caring for your children.  It can be so lonely and exhausting all at once.”  

Both women were somewhat teary as they shared more and more of their stories, of the pain, the challenges, the lack of recognition.  It turned out to be quite a bonding moment for the two women…each needing the space to share for very different reasons. 

Eventually, Tammy was able to bring it back to Melissa.  “Mary, I’m not a shrink or anything, but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me if Melissa is still working through the hurts of losing her Dad…maybe the accident triggered the traumatic feelings she has kept below the surface through high school?”  At this point, neither woman knew Melissa had days earlier broken up with Mark, but for now Tammy at least could take a deep breath about the medication she had given.  

Mary was truly taken by Tammy’s words and transparency.  She couldn’t remember another woman sharing her heart with her and was wiping tears from her eyes as she tried to come back to dealing with Melissa.  “I’m sure it’s all connected somehow,” Mary replied, her mind suddenly reliving all the travails that went into dealing with years earlier. 

Tammy suddenly became even more convinced that maybe the research program could be a win-win for everyone.  “Mary, this research program I alluded to earlier, could be an even bigger godsend than I originally thought.  I mean, it will create space for Melissa to just be.  As a child role model, she will need to take on much “younger” mannerisms, but she will still have responsibility to help model behavior for another child.  Maybe the program will have the unintended effect of helping Melissa as much as it will help Cammie and others?”  Tammy was beaming inside at how well the conversation had progressed.  She felt certain Mary would see how everything was coming together as a positive.

“Maybe…” Mary said more agreeably than even she intended.  “Where do you suggest we go from here?” Mary asked, desperate for someone to just tell her how to handle all this.

“I’m not exactly sure,” Tammy offered honestly.  “I didn’t tell Melissa that I was going to call you and share the accidents with you.  And with what you’ve just shared, I’m curious as to what the impact will be on her if she finds out.  I’m open to whatever you think is best for your daughter, but I do think she needs to find a way to feel as relaxed and unstressed as possible.” 

Tammy just let the silence sit before continuing, “Maybe just letting Missy know how proud of her you are for taking responsibility for the accident would help give her some calm?  I think any affirmation you offer will really help her relax, which in the end will be the best for everyone, right?”  Tammy didn’t want to lay it on too thick, but she also deeply believed what she was saying and needed to see if Mary was buying into the thought.

“Is she letting you call her Missy?  She hasn’t let anyone call her that since before the divorce…”

“Oh my, I’m sure she may be processing that as well.  She hasn’t objected, but I can ask her if it bothers her…”

“I’m impressed she hasn’t objected…maybe there is something to what you’re saying…”

“I don’t know Mary, but I have a hunch she is processing a lot, and yet, she has been great with Cammie, who absolutely adores her by the way.  I’m thinking we downplay the accidents and just see how things play out over the next day or so?”

“You may be right.  I agree, she may be trying to work things out and not know what to do.  Ok, yes, that’s fine, but of course if she expresses a desire to come home…,” Mary’s conscience felt very at peace, but her motherly genes also wanted to make sure that if Melissa wanted to leave, there would be no problem.

“Oh absolutely, I’ll be sure to give her the choice and if there is any hesitation, I’ll give you a call,” Tammy interjected, wanting to give complete comfort to Mary who seemed increasingly trusting in her suggestions.

“Tammy, I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to call me.  I don’t have a lot of close friends…work and life take care of all my free time, and it feels good to just be able to process with another single mom, so thank you.”

“I feel equally blessed to be able to share,” Tammy offered, a smile stretching ear-to-ear.

“I would like to see Melissa…um, Missy…and just check in with her.  Is it ok if I swing by later this morning?” Mary asked, knowing that if she could see Melissa she would be able to tell just how “comfortable” she was interacting with people that had just one day ago been strangers.

“Of course, Mary!  You can come by anytime you’d like!  Don’t be silly! I’ll be leaving around 1130am to head into work, so if you come by after that, Mabel will be here, otherwise I look forward to meeting you in person!”  

“Perfect, I’ll plan on coming by around 1030am or so!” Mary felt relieved to at least have a short-term plan and more help than she’d ever had navigating the divorce and counseling. 

Tammy nearly skipped into the shower, already thinking about some of the things she would need to get to help make the rest of the weekend as relaxing and nurturing as possible for Missy.

• Like 13

Nicely done, and thank you for bringing things back a little more to reality. (As a diaper story I never expect it to be 100% real, but plausible reasons always make me willing to suspend belief a lot easier!) 

This was a great chapter and gave us a lot more insight. I'm looking forward to seeing how far they go with this program...? Looking forward to more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@BabySofia thanks for the challenge/encouragement.  It has brought "better" out of me and I really do appreciate it!  You set a high bar with your prose and I am honored you are giving mine a read!  Please know I value the feedback!

21 hours ago, DLJeff52 said:

Her mind was in DefCon 5

This is actually total calm. It's DefCon 1 when all hell has broken loose.

21 hours ago, BabySofia said:

Nicely done, and thank you for bringing things back a little more to reality. (As a diaper story I never expect it to be 100% real, but plausible reasons always make me willing to suspend belief a lot easier!) 

My thoughts exactly! Nice work!

• Thanks 1