LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone else have difficulty making themselves pee on command since untraining?

Obviously the focus of untraining is on losing the ability to stop yourself from peeing (and/or messing).  However one side effect is that it has also become difficult for me to make myself pee on command.  I’m wondering if others experienced this along the way in their own journey? 

I’m not talking about difficulty peeing in certain situations such as driving or lying down. What I mean is it’s difficult making yourself go at all period. 

When I try to go, even if sense some bladder pressure the muscles are uncoordinated and weak.   The only time I can “make” myself pee is if my bladder feels like it’s about to explode and I stand still and wait a few seconds. 

It’s not a problem or something that needs fixed. I’m at the point where if I feel an urge to go I just have to wait a few minutes and I will spontaneously drain, regardless of what I’m doing or what position I’m in.  It’s kind of nice actually.

Though giving urine samples takes a bit of effort. But luckily that’s uncommon for me. 

I’m not sure it’s the same feeling I get, but it sounds close. I do find when trying to pee outside my diaper that it’s harder to “get it going” then it use to be. However I don’t normally notice then when just going in my diaper. 

9 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Obviously the focus of untraining is on losing the ability to stop yourself from peeing (and/or messing).  However one side effect is that it has also become difficult for me to make myself pee on command.  I’m wondering if others experienced this along the way in their own journey? 

I’m not talking about difficulty peeing in certain situations such as driving or lying down. What I mean is it’s difficult making yourself go at all period. 

When I try to go, even if sense some bladder pressure the muscles are uncoordinated and weak.   The only time I can “make” myself pee is if my bladder feels like it’s about to explode and I stand still and wait a few seconds. 

It’s not a problem or something that needs fixed. I’m at the point where if I feel an urge to go I just have to wait a few minutes and I will spontaneously drain, regardless of what I’m doing or what position I’m in.  It’s kind of nice actually.

Though giving urine samples takes a bit of effort. But luckily that’s uncommon for me. 

Yesssss! Absolutely the same for me. It's soooo annoying. I thought I was supposed to lose bladder control, not lose the ability to leak on command. I seem to retain urine until I get myself into a state of zen meditation before the flow happens.

As a result, I very rarely pee laying down. I just can't make myself go. I need to put my bladder in a position where gravity can take over, then I can pee more easily. I don't understand this aspect of untraining, as it seems to be counter to what we're trying to achieve...

Yes, but I also know that I'm NOT incontinent during the day (setting aside urgency and frequency).

I'd speculated that this was due to a degree of deconditioning of my pelvic floor.  Sluggish to start, slow on flow, slow to stop, muted signals.

This is interesting. I can report some of what @oznl mentions above, specifically the "slow to stop" and muted signals aspects. I have not noticed difficulty in starting, although, that said, it's not something I engage in very often... most of the time, I just let it happen, I don't really push. However, when I'm on the porcelain throne for #2, #1 inevitably accompanies it, so maybe the use of both functions at the same time is masking any effect that may have resulted from dribbling at will for most of the last 3 years or so. But under that circumstance, no, I don't have any trouble getting started. 

I was away on a golf trip with buddies recently where I shared a room with a guy, and for some parts of the day, I wore fairly abysmal man pull-ups that I didn't trust, so a couple of times, I went and peed in the men's room, which worked out fine, however that comes with an asterisk, in that I always needed to go. I don't know if I'd have trouble going deliberately if I didn't really need to. But at the end of the "events", things peter out slowly, to the point that I just tucked away the equipment and let the pull-up deal with the last 5% or whatever. And, I have noted for quite a while now, that once I start, there's no stopping it anymore. Not that it's something anyone enjoys doing, but, I used to be able to stop mid-stream if, say, my sister barged into the bathroom or whatever. I can't do that now. I assume this is because I've worn diapers for 3 years, but I suppose it could also be a side-effect of aging? 

Interesting Topic!  At nearly 6 months, this feels more like a "look forward to" experience, however, I have experienced some of the things shared:

1.  There are times where I feel the "urge" (primarily lying down) but lack the ability to force the start of release.  I hadn't thought much about it until you shared this post.  There is an urge to go, but I don't necessarily have control to start the flow.  This primarily is experienced lying down.

2.  Once started, I too experience slow flow and slow to stop.  Increasingly observing stress incontinence as I simply move / shift positions without any intent or awareness.

Thanks for sharing!

Being incontinent, I typically leak on and off all the time.  When I attempt to go without diapers, I notice that normally within 30 minutes or so I start to have bladder pressure that is hard for me to hold.  If I don't either get to a restroom, or get a diaper on, I typically end up leaking through whatever I am wearing or on the floor.  I rarely have a problem with making myself pee, because any time I try to hold back for any extended period of time, my bladder forces me to release.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:59 PM, DLJeff52 said:

Interesting Topic!  At nearly 6 months, this feels more like a "look forward to" experience, however, I have experienced some of the things shared:

1.  There are times where I feel the "urge" (primarily lying down) but lack the ability to force the start of release.  I hadn't thought much about it until you shared this post.  There is an urge to go, but I don't necessarily have control to start the flow.  This primarily is experienced lying down.

2.  Once started, I too experience slow flow and slow to stop.  Increasingly observing stress incontinence as I simply move / shift positions without any intent or awareness.

Thanks for sharing!

I can totally relate.  As the urge incontinence got much worse and I only now use diapers, it takes a really long time to start peeing and with a slow stream if I ever try to use a toilet.  It’s been a week since I tried in a toilet, but that’s how it was then.  

• Like 1

You mention how it takes a long time for you to start peeing if you use a toilet, which is not an issue for me.  My issue is since I am fully incontinent, if I use the toilet, I tend to continue leaking after I think I have finished, and I always leave a small stream on the toilet seat and floor when I attempt to use the toilet instead of wearing a diaper.