LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'm ________ Old!

DailyDi

I'm not that old just been threw alot more than people my age. 😇

I'm only 35 I think. Who the hell knows I stopped paying attention to my birthday decades ago. 

Shit might as well say it .. 

I'm so old the best christmas gift is time with my family 😎

That isn't saying much about how old I am just about how old my mindset can get. 

Most people are about gifts at christmas and I think it is complete and utter horse shit. The gift is time spent with your family as time and memories are completely priceless. Plus there is more important things like their bills which have to be paid to enshure the same style priceless gift can possibally be acheived the next christmas. 

Old school and the correct way as christmas for my family is about time spent together the toy and gifts are only to keep kids occupied and out of the kitchen while the adults are cooking christmas dinner 😎

I'm so old I here eating Earth's best sweet vegi-straws and gerber apple prune juice with my dog.  

😂😂

Waiting for my local stores to open so I can grab so milk from the store for the cerial I bought yesterday and get my non-little space shopping done(it probally still gonna turn into partially a littlespace food shopping trip to town. 😂)

I'm so old I age in reverse😂 

On 9/14/2023 at 11:11 AM, KPAXOR1987 said:

I'm not that old just been threw alot more than people my age. 😇

I'm only 35 I think. Who the hell knows I stopped paying attention to my birthday decades ago. 

Shit might as well say it .. 

I'm so old the best christmas gift is time with my family 😎

That isn't saying much about how old I am just about how old my mindset can get. 

Most people are about gifts at christmas and I think it is complete and utter horse shit. The gift is time spent with your family as time and memories are completely priceless. Plus there is more important things like their bills which have to be paid to enshure the same style priceless gift can possibally be acheived the next christmas. 

Old school and the correct way as christmas for my family is about time spent together the toy and gifts are only to keep kids occupied and out of the kitchen while the adults are cooking christmas dinner 😎

I'm so old I here eating Earth's best sweet vegi-straws and gerber apple prune juice with my dog.  

😂😂

Waiting for my local stores to open so I can grab so milk from the store for the cerial I bought yesterday and get my non-little space shopping done(it probally still gonna turn into partially a littlespace food shopping trip to town. 😂)

I'm so old I age in reverse😂 

I'm almost twice your age....

I remember where phones had buttons A and B, and a big dial, and to make a call while not at home you had to go into a phone box with a handful of coins.

abPhone.jpg

Very few people had a home phone, and that was big and black and had a dial too - and making / recieving a local call was rare - and to make a long distance call you had to ask an operator to do it for you.

I also had a mobile phone that was as heavy as a brick, where all I could do was make or recieve phone calls. Text messages didn't exist until past 1992, and internet....well that was a trip to the local libary where to find a book you needed to look up microfiche (a small screen where the image of a plastic film of tiny titles were cut into it, and light was shone thru it via a magnifying glass).

microfiche1.jpg

I also remember my father paying almost the price of a car for a VCR,

vcr.jpg

and the tapes were big and square and could record, badly, about 30-45 mins of TV. This is in the day before VHS and pre-recorded tapes.

V-philips-VC30_1000.webp

A neighbour went away on holidays, and due to them owning a colour T.V. asked my parents to take care of it while they were away. This colour TV took two people to lift and was as deep as it was high. My father plugged it in our house for the week, so we had a colour TV for a week until they came back.

colourTV.jpg

In the house was a piece of furniture, about the size of a fireplace with one big speaker in the bottom, doors on each side that allowed one to stack 78 records, and in the middle, across the full width, a coloured back lit glass with writing on it. Under the glass was a series of large buttons that selected the functions (LW, MW, SW1, SW2, SW3, Phono, Aux, Off) That was the radio. At the top, was a lid that hinged open where one could stack 4-5 records on it and switch same on - and it played each record in turn.

radiogram.jpgradiogramtop.jpg

The kettle in the kitchen was a big and brass, with a coil in its base and a thick black cable snakeing its way up to the only socket in the kitchen, which also had a big switch on it marked Cooker.

kettle.jpg

cookerSocket.jpg

The cooker had three black flat coils on its top, and a grill at the top of it as the only way to make toast etc.

cooker.webp

In a back room was two items, a big metal cabinet that pluged in, had a large metal lid that hinged open, and inside, had a row of wooden dowels to hang clothes.

twin_tub.jpg

Beside it was a larger machine with two metal lids on it that lifted off. It also had a drain tap on the bottom of each that my mother connected a hose to when it was running. In between the two drums was a mangle, and the left drum, when running, would go back and foward a little bit and need to be filled with water from the kettle.

Flatley-Dryer.jpg

The right drum when running ran at high speed would spin the clothes. I remember seeing my mother taking the clothes from the left drum with a wooden tongs, and placing them via the mangle, into the right drum. Then she would take the clothes from the right drum and hang them over the wooden dowels in the cabinet drier and switch that on, and leave them for a while to dry.

How many people remember all these, and learning to use same? Comparing those to what is here today, I think that todays generation are kinda spoilt a little. They are talking of social media - it was 1992 that the first text message was sent (30 years ago). Before that, if you wanted to send someone a message, it was either pen and paper - i.e. a letter and a stamp to post it, OR you could actually talk to someone either in person or with a telephone - where people actually had a home number... and it was usually cheaper to call out to them in person, than to make a telephone call.

4 hours ago, babykeiff said:

I'm almost twice your age....

I remember where phones had buttons A and B, and a big dial, and to make a call while not at home you had to go into a phone box with a handful of coins.

abPhone.jpg

Very few people had a home phone, and that was big and black and had a dial too - and making / recieving a local call was rare - and to make a long distance call you had to ask an operator to do it for you.

I also had a mobile phone that was as heavy as a brick, where all I could do was make or recieve phone calls. Text messages didn't exist until past 1992, and internet....well that was a trip to the local libary where to find a book you needed to look up microfiche (a small screen where the image of a plastic film of tiny titles were cut into it, and light was shone thru it via a magnifying glass).

microfiche1.jpg

I also remember my father paying almost the price of a car for a VCR,

vcr.jpg

and the tapes were big and square and could record, badly, about 30-45 mins of TV. This is in the day before VHS and pre-recorded tapes.

V-philips-VC30_1000.webp

A neighbour went away on holidays, and due to them owning a colour T.V. asked my parents to take care of it while they were away. This colour TV took two people to lift and was as deep as it was high. My father plugged it in our house for the week, so we had a colour TV for a week until they came back.

colourTV.jpg

In the house was a piece of furniture, about the size of a fireplace with one big speaker in the bottom, doors on each side that allowed one to stack 78 records, and in the middle, across the full width, a coloured back lit glass with writing on it. Under the glass was a series of large buttons that selected the functions (LW, MW, SW1, SW2, SW3, Phono, Aux, Off) That was the radio. At the top, was a lid that hinged open where one could stack 4-5 records on it and switch same on - and it played each record in turn.

radiogram.jpgradiogramtop.jpg

The kettle in the kitchen was a big and brass, with a coil in its base and a thick black cable snakeing its way up to the only socket in the kitchen, which also had a big switch on it marked Cooker.

kettle.jpg

cookerSocket.jpg

The cooker had three black flat coils on its top, and a grill at the top of it as the only way to make toast etc.

cooker.webp

In a back room was two items, a big metal cabinet that pluged in, had a large metal lid that hinged open, and inside, had a row of wooden dowels to hang clothes.

twin_tub.jpg

Beside it was a larger machine with two metal lids on it that lifted off. It also had a drain tap on the bottom of each that my mother connected a hose to when it was running. In between the two drums was a mangle, and the left drum, when running, would go back and foward a little bit and need to be filled with water from the kettle.

Flatley-Dryer.jpg

The right drum when running ran at high speed would spin the clothes. I remember seeing my mother taking the clothes from the left drum with a wooden tongs, and placing them via the mangle, into the right drum. Then she would take the clothes from the right drum and hang them over the wooden dowels in the cabinet drier and switch that on, and leave them for a while to dry.

How many people remember all these, and learning to use same? Comparing those to what is here today, I think that todays generation are kinda spoilt a little. They are talking of social media - it was 1992 that the first text message was sent (30 years ago). Before that, if you wanted to send someone a message, it was either pen and paper - i.e. a letter and a stamp to post it, OR you could actually talk to someone either in person or with a telephone - where people actually had a home number... and it was usually cheaper to call out to them in person, than to make a telephone call.

I remember payphones but the ones I remember didn't quite look like that😇

I also remember the rotory phones as well and they were a pain in the ass if you stuck your finger in the wrong circle anywhere in the phone number because you had to hang up for at least 30seconds before retrying 😂

100% not the same type of VCR I remember as the VCR I grew up with was capable if recording 2-4hrs and a rectangular tape. The thing had a nack for screwing up every so often and eating the tapes up and My grandfather taught me how to fix it after I was constantly sticking a knife in it to get the tapes out with it still plugged in. 

The electric tea kettles were never used by my family though as they had a nack to catch fire. If we were to use a tea kettle it was the type that is put on a stove burner but we all hated the whistleing from it so snapped of the plastic part that produced the whistleing. 

The tv is a bit diffrent than the living room tv we had as well as the tv was still a tube style bit had a bigger screen and a radio built in as well with a selector switch for tv or radio and the dials were vhf/FM or UHF/AM.  Yea we managed to be end up watching tv and would pick up police brodcasts when on their radios and close by. The rabbit ears were a pain in the ass and always had tin foil on the top to make a bigger surface area for the signal to hit. 

The clothes line was outside at my grandfather's though or hanging off the bar for the curtain shower but that was only when living in a apartment complex and in between laundry days as the apartment comples had it's own laundrymat with everything fully electric and automatic. 

Technically I grew up in a cross between worlds. Seeing as I was raised by my grandparents until the age of about 10½. 

I mean even the school had a computer lab that took 3½ floppy disks and was pos apples that weren't connected to the internet and only used for bitmap or playing the game oregon trail that took about 6 damn disks taken in sequence to load 😂.

I know everyone thinks age is linked to advancements but not in my area. I mean shit,  rap and hip hop only reached my area when I was 7 or 8. 

To be more percise while in foster care I lived about 8hrs away from my home town and area I grew up in and the music took over 6years after I moved home to even make it to my area. 😂

My area does have current technologies and information but we stick with the same morals and principals we were taught and raised with.  

My area is probally one of if not the safest places for children and adults alike. Any time anyone disrupts that for children they seem to just dissapear permently and if they disrupt it for adults they disappear for years. I mean in my area people still didn't lock their doors when I was 10 and some people still don't as there is not really a need to unless you know some of your neighbors are screwing with drugs 😂. Quite literally the old chief of police just said to lock your doors about 5years ago because some guy was strung out on drugs and accidently walked into his neighbor's home and he just got done bringing him home. 

So yea the are does now lock their doors as of 5years ago because of that situation but forgetting to lock your door in my area amounts to forgetting to turn off a light to save the electricty still because all the neighbors would report any theft and quite literally if they borrow something they replace it when they can. 

I mean I have had a bike I put next to my home and been praying someone stole the damn thing for over 3years and it is still sitting propped against the side of my home 😂

So crime is definantly not a part of my area, there are misunderstandings and solutions or fines for reminders of wreckless behaviors that put yourself at risk and jail time for putting others at risk but that is about it. 

Quite literally the only people that use guns in my area are hunters and the police even if 99.9% of the population in my area is armed. 

The police on use the firearms when wild animals create a issue and wiil look for any reason they can not to kill the wildlife, in my area the wildlife has rights that are equivelent to human rights. 

Trust me there are a few misunderstanding between wildlife and humans. 

I had a wild animal last night out in the woods just trying to let me know they were there so they didn't jump the shit out of me but they picked the wrong time and were about 10ft from me and jumped the ever living shit out of me as I was trying to stay on the oppisite side of the road as I knew there is a family of bears that gathered for winter there last year a bit further down and seeing as I was lost in my own thoughts of where the bears were last year it sounded like a wild animal growling at me and I jumped  about 300ft feet to the side and turned and yelled "HELL NO DON'T YOU FUCKING GOWL AT ME 😡" it took me 3minutes to process what I heard and it wasn't growling it was more of a giant wildcat purring I spent the next 10minutes explaining to the animal while talking and walking home that I have to see them to understand them and saying Hi when they are 10ft from me jumped the shit out of me. 

Yes wild life in my are does understand humans and the few people that take the time to try to understand the wildlife can understand them and communicate with them as well. 

When it says in the bible god put the fear of man into all animals it is incorrect man did that themselves. 

The animals still speak to people the people have just forgotten how to listen. Well except for a few in my area that I know of. Believe it or not one of the police officers is one of them and it took me almost a 6months to figure out what a pack of wild animals was up to and why 1 of them was so agressive towards me. I had a flashlight and the mother ewas with her children and she was only notifying me of where she was and me like a idiot blinded her with my flashlight thinking I was a threat she was prepareing to defend her children. 

So there is still misunderstandings between wildlife and humans in my area but they aren't really that drastic and the police will actually try to de-escalate the misunderstandings for both the benifit of the wildlife and humans alike. 

8 minutes ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

100% not the same type of VCR I remember as the VCR I grew up with was capable if recording 2-4hrs and a rectangular tape. The thing had a nack for screwing up every so often and eating the tapes up and My grandfather taught me how to fix it after I was constantly sticking a knife in it to get the tapes out with it still plugged in. 

The tv is a bit diffrent than the living room tv we had as well as the tv was still a tube style bit had a bigger screen and a radio built in as well with a selector switch for tv or radio and the dials were vhf/FM or UHF/AM.  Yea we managed to be end up watching tv and would pick up police brodcasts when on their radios and close by. The rabbit ears were a pain in the ass and always had tin foil on the top to make a bigger surface area for the signal to hit.

I mean even the school had a computer lab that took 3½ floppy disks and was pos apples that weren't connected to the internet and only used for bitmap or playing the game oregon trail that took about 6 damn disks taken in sequence to load 😂.

That vcr in my post was one of the first built for the domestic market, but was shortly replaced by VHS (of JVC fame) 1976 and BETAMAX (of Sony fame)

JVC VHS Recorder

jvc1.jpg

Later model JVC VHS Recorder

jvc2.jpg

VHS Tape

vhs tape.jpg

Betamax Sony Recorder

betamax1.jpg

Later Sony Betamax model

betamax2.jpg

Betamax Tape

betamax tape.jpg

In relation to radio and tv, very high frequency (VHF) signal modulation did not come into existance until 1946. Ultra high frequency UHF was introduced in 1959, but used to suffer from interference in damp-wet weather. As a result, world wide tv frequencies were shifted to cable and now digital signals. FM (frequency modulated) was not used commonly due to the cost in manufacturing signal locking technology required (PLL or phased locked loop) with FM transmission. It wasn't until the late 1960s with the invention of the transistor and integrated circuit that FM became affordable. Instead AM (amplitude modulated) transistor based circuits - radio was popular, but it is a combination of Long Wave, Medium Wave and Short Wave signals. Shortwave signals, in certain weather areas, could bounce off the ionosphere so that a short wave signal could be transmitted in USA and reach Europe. The Shortwave transciever was the beginning of CB radio popular in the US with long distance truck drivers, and also, what is classed as HAM radio operators (shortened version of the phrase Amateur radio operators). As a result, the FM/VHF TV you show is roughly from 1975-1980 where it had transistor circuits and some other semicondutors in it including silicon diodes.

The radiogram I showed is from 1960 era, and has only glass vacuum tubed (valves) as both diodes and amplifiers.

valve to ic.jpg

Vacuum tube / valves from before 1966, transistors invented in 1947, but not in mainstream use until 1966, and ICs (integrated circuits) invented in 1959, but not in mainstream until late 1970s. Valve amplifiers have made a comeback due to the valves ability to amplify and provide rich sound without 'colouring' the audio, unlike the technically pure transistor and digital circuits.

Some might remember how tinny the old telephones used to be, that was due to their design and inability to handle bass audio frequencies - one of the reason that the newer (1980+ technology) included bass boost / loudness switch as a feature in some audio equiptment. Surprisingly, Apple added that function to the media function within their phones.

smt.jpg

SMT or surface mount technology components on roughly twice the size of the above image, and invented in 1960, but even by 1986, was used in only 10% of devices. These are just miniture versions of the integrated circuits where some of the components are smaller than the width of a human hair - which without this level of miniturization, items such as cell phones, laptop computers, mp3 players etc would not exist.

Yea the police in my area used UHF VHF bands on their radios for a while when I was growing up before they switched crystal coded and now they don't even bother useing the radios 99% of the time as they are always intercepted so they just use their cell phones 😇

I'm kind of glad you went all encylopedia britanica on me though with the dates 😂

It kind of distracted me a bit from the news I recieved yeasterday that kept me up all night. 

But yea the second model of The JVC VHS  resembles what I remember more however the buttons are not the same as the ones on the version my family owned (they were quite smaller)😇. Either way they still ate the tapes worse than a damn cassette player and took 4× as long to attempt to salvage a video tape vs a audio cassette 😇.

13 hours ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

Yea the police in my area used UHF VHF bands on their radios for a while when I was growing up before they switched crystal coded and now they don't even bother useing the radios 99% of the time as they are always intercepted so they just use their cell phones 😇

Yes, police reverted originally to Cell Phones for security, and then to digital radio, and the security in these exist following a technology invented in 1896. If you have ever heard of the concept of hetrodyning, you would understand how Hedy Lamar created the concept in 1940s by mimicing the way player pianos of 1896 tracked and played music. Hetrodyning is the concept of constantly switching the carrier frequency or the encoding key in signals. For that process to work, both the transmitter plus the reciever needs to 'know' what is the next frequency to switch to. In the 1940s, both devices had a copy of the list of instructions, similar to a piano roll, and all they needed to do is syncronise the change so both were always transmitting/recieving on the same frequency. This concept was employed to control 'smart' missiles as to avoid the enemy cracking the code and redirecting a missile in flight back at who fired same.

With the release of mobile phones, and the limited available of frequencies, in order to get maximum use of the available frequencies, hetrodyining was employed as standard. This stops another device like a radio reciever staying locked on the frequency of the phones since the radio is tuned to one frequency and the phone keeps switching to another. As a result, it is understandable that police use cell phones for secure transmission instead of fixed frequency radios.

BTW, police started originally using codes over the open frequencies first, but now, most people know what the police (and others) codes are.

I find it extremly interesting how an invention today is so dependent on prior events, and how far back in history the dependency exists. For example, a computer today goes all the way back to 1700s and the Spinning Jenny card programmable weaving machine - and how the concept of making a device thats behavior could be changed by changing its instruction set. It is what drives the world, the constanly changing goals we call progress as compared to certain peoples rigid belief in a concept which they attempt to stagenate progress - all for self gain and the futility of increasing ones wealth - and if one examined that concept, using the example of each person had a container that contains coins, and each person focused on increasing their own quantity of coins, all it does is increase every persons quantity of coins equally. It therefore devalues each coin's purchasing power. As a result, the goal of increasing ones own wealth is counter-productive and all it does is decrease the value of each individual unit of wealth.

This brings me to the axiom and misquote of Albert Einstien -

Insanity is repeating the same process expecting a different result

which links to working hard/smart to increase ones wealth so that one doesn't need to work is a typical application of insanity. The concept of working to improve self-skils / world progress rather than for money is a much better goal, in my humble opinion, which places a number of skillsets/jobs in the hands of the insane / idiot and also shows how insane the concept of the aquisition of wealth / capitalism is, and how contary it is to human advancement. It can be said that every capitalist is a cost to humanity.

14 hours ago, KPAXOR1987 said:

But yea the second model of The JVC VHS  resembles what I remember more however the buttons are not the same as the ones on the version my family owned (they were quite smaller)😇. Either way they still ate the tapes worse than a damn cassette player and took 4× as long to attempt to salvage a video tape vs a audio cassette 😇.

The problem with recording / playing back video information is that, as compared to audio tape process, there is much more information needed to be stored in same media. The first ideas of video recording/playing was to use a tape running at up to ten to twenty times as fast as an audio tape. These systems allowed up to 8 minutes recording on a tape machine. JVC used the concept of recording/playing diagonally across the width of the tape instead of along the lenght of the tape. This process works when the recording/playing head is spinning across the width of the tape instead of fixed and just allowing the tape to move across a head. As a result, the video tape is threaded past a stationary erase head, a spinning drum that contains multiple record/play heads for video information, and a stationary audio record/playback head. To keep the tape speed and head tracking, there is also a pinch wheel that is driven at a set speed. The problem with this system is that if the tape is in any way damp, it can stick to the fast moving drum and then get wrapped up on the threading mechanism. In an audio system, this failure can exist when dirt builds up on the pinch wheel that pulls the tape across the audio heads, thus the tape sticks and wraps up around said pinch wheel.

What has been improved which addressed the issues of damp tapes and the relevant jams was the improvement in home insulation. I know, improvement in home insulation was not originally designed to effect video recorders, but progress in one area is commonly known to effect the world as a whole as well as restrictions of progress is also restrictions in the whole world.

The oil industry, over the past 200 odd years, have systematically restricted the progress in vehicular travel which created the dependancy on oil for everyone in the world.

It is only realitivly recently that mankind has discovered the costs of this dependancy - in polution etc., and are attempting to address same. However, the world is figthing an industry that in a way, owns every other industry, so although change will occur, it will need a step backwards in order to move forwards. Consider plastics, a subsidary of the oil industry, we need to remove our plastic usage and revert to materials before plastics existed to be able to move forward from that - ie wood, bakelite, pressed steel, aluminum etc - materials that can be used, and then reformed to become new versions of the same item - something that plastics fail at / is not cost effective to do as it is cheaper and more reliable to use virgin plastic than recycled plastic.

In relation to travel, every fixed journey run should be converted to electric (from above lines) - i.e. trains / trams / busses etc., as well as delivery routes for commercial vehicles such as trucks etc.

In relation to cars / personal transit, the electric car is an option, but its development is only in its infancy today that needs a few thousand iterations to become anyway close to the ICE equivilant. Not saying that the electric car does / does not have a position in the modern world, just saying that the electric car is NOT a solution as it stands.

In relation to air travel, answers have been provided when aircraft couldn't fly etc., but that is not a solution to the problems with air travel. Polution is one of the major costs in that industry that is not really being addressed. If we think outside the box and create a worldwide transport system that operates on the same speed as air travel without needing to leave the earth, that might be a solution. Since air routes are essencially roads in the sky, same routes can be tunnelled underground where the vehicle that transports are an electric underground train. Yes, it will be a large cost to change to underground routes, but once a route is established, its running cost is miniscule as compared to fuel costs. As is its level of safety. An underground train does not fall thousands of feet if it stops. Also, trains are very rarely on the same track going head on etc. As compared to air travel, it is thousand of times less risky.

• 3 months later...