LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tips to start bed wetting

Hi everyone,

I’ve developed OAB from untraining over the past few years, and lately it’s starting to affect my sleep. 

Lately I’ve been wearing the thickest diapers I have to bed, because I know I’ll wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee (even if I drink smallest amount of water before bed). For the life of me, I can’t seem to relax while laying down in bed :( I have to stand up next to my bed, while half asleep, and let the pee flow before hopping back in to bed.

I’m a light sleeper, so this is a lot better for me than having to go to the bathroom, turn on the lights and everything and trying to fall back asleep. But it’s still not ideal and does take me some time to fall back asleep. Worse yet, this cycle happens at least twice or three times in the night, so I’m losing a fair bit of sleep now since it usually takes me about 1/2 an hour to fall back asleep.

I would love to be able to just rollover, relax, and drift back to sleep. Or even better just pee while asleep! I’m listening to hypnosis to help me accomplish this, but so far no results, although I know this takes time.

Does anyone have any other tips for getting comfortable peeing in bed? Any tips or insight you may have is appreciated!

My guess would be that in the back of your mind you are afraid you’ll mess the bed from leaking. My suggestion would be to wear a condom catheter & large urinary bag. Then when you have to go you’ll feel more sure there won’t be a mess in the bed. Over time it’ll get easier & you’ll eventually just go. At that point you’ll need to use a diaper you can trust along with a plastic covering with long legs to catch what the diaper cannot hold. At that point you’ll probably at the point of no return.

• Like 1

I think I have said this before on a thread, but I had exactly the same problem. I couldn't go at all led on my back. 

To help overcome it I started practising during the day, every-time I needed to go I headed for the bedroom, started by sitting on the bed and over time gradually reclining myself until I could go when i was led flat out.  

It also helped getting a mattress protector and bed pad under me to alleviate that phsycological barrier (as incondl says) of not wanting to mess your bed up. 

Not a quick journey though, still have trouble some nights, wake up to go. Don't have to get up, but do have to deal with my bodies auto defense mechanism, if you know what I  mean....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jaytay said:

I’ve developed OAB from untraining over the past few years, and lately it’s starting to affect my sleep. 

Lately I’ve been wearing the thickest diapers I have to bed, because I know I’ll wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee (even if I drink smallest amount of water before bed). For the life of me, I can’t seem to relax while laying down in bed :( I have to stand up next to my bed, while half asleep, and let the pee flow before hopping back in to bed.

Is it necessary to get out of bed?  Have you tried kneeling on the bed or even just sitting up in bed?

I believe it's pretty important to be psychologically comfortable with this so too much padding is barely enough in bed.  I wear heavy dual-layer terry-lined waterproofs over a high quality disposable so I have a high degree of confidence that whatever happens, the bed will remain dry.

1 hour ago, jaytay said:

I would love to be able to just rollover, relax, and drift back to sleep. Or even better just pee while asleep! I’m listening to hypnosis to help me accomplish this, but so far no results, although I know this takes time.

This is pretty much how it worked for me.  Over time, the degree of wakefulness associated with wetting events began to recede, then on occasional, disappear.  There were some pretty weird and confusing things that happened during that transition: pee dreams, falling asleep still wetting, being woken by my own wetting, that kind of thing.

Another factor that seemed to fast-forward events along a bit for me was going to bed a bit wet in the first place.  It seems that being wet anyway made it less of a big deal for my brain to permit further diaper contributions across the night. 

It wasn't until I'd been bedwetting for quite some time before I could go to bed dry and still wake up wet.  For a long time, it was about going to bed wet and waking up wetter.

It really is about "fake it until you make it".  Long practice and habituation.  Ironically, any attempt to force it or measure it seemed to have the opposite effect.  In the early days, I would only wet the bed when I didn't think about it (and usually after alcohol).   It was several months before the first "possible" got spotted and by around the three year mark, it was reliable and repeatable.

I still don't sleep-wet every night but I suspect I DO more often than NOT now.  I'm at the point where there's no way I could safely skip my night nappy and I've NEVER disturbed by my bladder after dark.  It always seems to be empty.

• Like 1

Jaytay,

When you're in bed and have a full bladder but cannot pee,

While you're laying down,

Place both your hands below your belly button, one hand on each side,

and push your down on your stomach.

If done correctly you should feel your diaper filling up with pee.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, CodHero24 said:

Jaytay,

When you're in bed and have a full bladder but cannot pee,

While you're laying down,

Place both your hands below your belly button, one hand on each side,

and push your down on your stomach.

If done correctly you should feel your diaper filling up with pee.

Hi! HUGS buddy!?♥️???♥️??? We should DEFINITELY talk more! I missed you!???♥️ Cutie!!!!!!?????♥️?