LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you consider wetting while in twilight to be sleep-wetting?

It’s happened to me plenty of times before and I’m sure it’s happened to others as well. But I will occasionally wake up, promptly start wetting, and roll over and go back to sleep.  Even if it feels like I’m awake at the time, usually I’m not fully awake. But because I track these things, I never know if I should classify accidents during this time as sleep wetting. 

I ask not only because I’m curious if others think, but because I’ve been testing how my body behaves when I sleep without a diaper on (just and incontinence pad). This has been a touchy subject for me because usually I’m disappointingly dry if I go diaper free for a night, and yet I wake up soaked with no memory when I sleep with a diaper on.   At the advice of @oznl I went 2 days without a diaper on and on the second night I woke up in a twilight state and a few seconds later felt my bladder release, soaking the incontinence pad, and soaked I  promptly fell back asleep.  There got to count for something, right? ?

Totally!! 

That's awesome, and it absolutely counts for something imho.

Whether that is a 'wet' night or not depends on how you count, but honestly I don't think it's worth worrying about...this sounds like, to me, what I went through before I was wetting completely subconsciously. When I experienced it I journaled/noted it, and eventually they increased until I had a completely unconscious wetting. I bet that if you keep it up, you'll experience wetting on the incon pad subconsciously too!

Going to have to note this for myself, if I can manage it! :D

(unfortunately share a bed so...)

This is interesting, @Enthusi. I haven't tried going to bed without a diaper on, because, per @Kif's last comment, I share a bed, and my wife would have no tolerance for my soaking the bedding. An incontinence pad might help a bit, but the comforter might take some fire. I've gotten up in a half-sleep and thrown a towel under myself a couple of times when I realized that my diaper was damp around the sides or the waistband, and inevitably, when I got up later, the towel was a twisted mess. So I don't trust a pad to stay in place. 

I really wonder what would happen if I tried sleeping "commando", though. I don't reliably wet my diaper unknowingly, overnight, but it does happen more often now than it ever did before. 

I have woken up a couple of times to find myself mid-release, and I have decided to start "counting" those occasions. I used to discount them, because I thought that maybe I had given permission before I was fully awake, so that they weren't entirely unconscious occurrences, but it's happened even when I've awoken quite suddenly, which makes it less likely that I had answered a request from below while slowly ascending the consciousness water column toward the light. 

• Like 1

Semantics, but you can read any meaning you want into it, however you want to say it.  If you wet while laying in bed and the bed gets wet, then you would wet the bed.  If you are wearing a diaper that contains everything, then if you wet laying in bed you are technically not wetting the bed but wetting your diaper.  If you are waking up and wetting while not wearing a diaper you would be bedwetting but not sleep wetting because you are technically awake.  Same thing applies when wearing a diaper in bed.  If you wake up and pee, you are not wetting the bed and you are not sleep wetting either because you woke up and peed.  The thing is, does it really even matter?  The end results are either the bed or your diaper is going to be wet if you don't get up to pee whether you pee while sleeping or you wake up and pee while laying in your bed.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Enthusi said:

It’s happened to me plenty of times before and I’m sure it’s happened to others as well. But I will occasionally wake up, promptly start wetting, and roll over and go back to sleep.

That's like me all the time. I occasionally wake up in the middle of the night to pee and then afterwards fall back into bed.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Enthusi said:

At the advice of @oznl I went 2 days without a diaper on and on the second night I woke up in a twilight state and a few seconds later felt my bladder release, soaking the incontinence pad, and soaked I  promptly fell back asleep.

It may well be that my only purpose in life is to provide completely practical tips for achieving completely impractical outcomes ?

11 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I have woken up a couple of times to find myself mid-release, and I have decided to start "counting" those occasions. I used to discount them, because I thought that maybe I had given permission before I was fully awake, so that they weren't entirely unconscious occurrences, but it's happened even when I've awoken quite suddenly, which makes it less likely that I had answered a request from below while slowly ascending the consciousness water column toward the light. 

Over the years, I’ve fallen into the habit of voiding every two hours or so during the night.  This might seem a lot but firstly, the void volumes are low and secondly, it’s a lot less frequently than I’d normally void during the day now.I suspect with me the difference between waking to wet, waking DURING wetting (or sometimes just as it’s about to start) or just sleeping through the whole shebang is the stage of sleep I’m in when that interval rolls around.

A deep sleep phase, possibly triggered by alcohol or even the fatigue of a disturbed sleep the previous night increases the chances that I will sleep through the 5 second warning bell and possibly even the main event.

Lighter phases of sleep can produce results a lot like what you describe.  Sometimes I’ll wake to find myself wetting, some other times I’ll wake and wet automatically within an instant of becoming aware.  In the latter, I’ve suspect the floodgates were opened some seconds earlier, the sensations have roused me from a light sleep but by the time I’ve greeted consciousness, the pee train has already irreversibly left the station and it’s bad news for my pants.

11 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I really wonder what would happen if I tried sleeping "commando", though. I don't reliably wet my diaper unknowingly, overnight, but it does happen more often now than it ever did before.

My experience was that I had a shocking non-sleep on night 1 followed by a possibly-exhaustion-provoked wet bed on night 2.

I suspect that if we persist, the number of caveats and controls that inhibit bedwetting will continue to drop away as our brains get used to the new normal.

At the end of the day, what we are experiencing is involuntarily peeing in bed and for me at least, that is something that NEVER happened before embarking on this journey.

14 hours ago, Kif said:

Whether that is a 'wet' night or not depends on how you count, but honestly I don't think it's worth worrying about...this sounds like, to me, what I went through before I was wetting completely subconsciously. When I experienced it I journaled/noted it, and eventually they increased until I had a completely unconscious wetting. I bet that if you keep it up, you'll experience wetting on the incon pad subconsciously too!

The only point I'd add to this was that in MY case, ANY attempt to count, measure or contrive such an event invariably seemed to cancel it.  It's a little more robust now but still not bullet proof.  There are still nights where I do NOT (at least I don't THINK), wet the bed.  It's also prone to waxing, waning, disappearing for days or weeks at a time although that does seem to becoming less likely now.

Oh, I never answered your question: YES, I consider those twilight pees that happen in the absence of any apparent instruction to do so to be sleep wettings.  They most probably at least started whilst you were asleep but you woke for the grand finale.

• Like 2

In my mind (log) sleep wetting is only when I wake some length of time after the event with zero memory of the “accident”.  I literally do not know for sure till my hand verifies/discovers the unspeakable.  The most highly prized are waking after several hours (sleep cycles) to a totally saturated leaking diaper.

My classification dilemma is waking in the morning with memory of a single release yet diaper swelling/weight clearly indicates multiple wettings.  I log these as sleep wetting with an asterisk.

3 hours ago, WBxx said:

My classification dilemma is waking in the morning with memory of a single release yet diaper swelling/weight clearly indicates multiple wettings.  I log these as sleep wetting with an asterisk

What about pee dreams where you wake up wet? IMO they should absolutely count. 

Also I am curious if logging things helps with outcomes?  I would worry that I would feel more pressure to “perform” if my log indicated I haven’t been meeting my sleep wetting quota.  ??

13 hours ago, oznl said:

Oh, I never answered your question: YES, I consider those twilight pees that happen in the absence of any apparent instruction to do so to be sleep wettings.  They most probably at least started whilst you were asleep but you woke for the grand finale.

Can I just say you’re my hero in life? 

13 hours ago, oznl said:

Can I just say you’re my hero in life? 

On 4/5/2022 at 5:05 PM, Enthusi said:

What about pee dreams where you wake up wet? IMO they should absolutely count. 

Also I am curious if logging things helps with outcomes?  I would worry that I would feel more pressure to “perform” if my log indicated I haven’t been meeting my sleep wetting quota.  ??

Pee dreams:  Waking during the act (dreaming or not) is not the objective, but close enough for me.  So yes, pee dream qualifies as sleep wetting in my log.

Logging:  For going on seven years I’ve entered sleep wet yes/no every morning on a spreadsheet which in turn generates monthly and annual percent wet night graphs.  There’s no clear trend on the monthly.  But the annual shows year by year progression in sleep wetting which has helped me stay the course.  So again yes, I’m convinced logging has helped with the outcome.  However, even if logging revealed zero progress I would still want to know.